Moshe’s reponse to The Key for Israel and the Jew:
Paul, I am surprised that you would send an email to me. You certainly know that I think that the claims of Christianity are no more true then those of Buddhism.
Moshe Shulman 718-436-7705 email@example.com
Messiah Truth: http://www.messiahtruth.com/
Judaism’s Answer: http://www.judaismsanswer.com/
Moshe, your present ignorance is all the more reason you need to hear these things. You are walking in the greatest of darknesses when comparing the relevance and validity of your Messiah, Jesus Christ, the Holy One of Israel, to Buddha. Above all, you are walking in the offense of your fathers, still having the blood of Messiah on your hands.
As for the claims of Christianity, much of what goes by that name is false, even diabolical. Clearly you have not red our site or the writings and letters in Israel and the Jew. You need to read that and much more on our site. If you realized it was the same God Who spoke to Abraham, Moses, and David, speaking through us, I am sure you would be eager to do that, wouldn’t you? At least you would claim to be eager.
Has the God of Abraham spoken to you, Moshe? No, He has not. He has not spoken to you because He doesn’t hear your prayers, otherwise He would answer you. Don’t you know there is a reason for that, according to your own prophets, whom you also persecuted, rebelling against the Word of God in their mouths?
Isaiah 59:1-5 JPS
(1) Behold, the LORD’S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save, neither His ear heavy, that it cannot hear;
(2) But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid His face from you, that He will not hear.
(3) For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue muttereth wickedness.
(4) None sueth in righteousness, and none pleadeth in truth; they trust in vanity, and speak lies, they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity.
(5) They hatch basilisks’ eggs, and weave the spider’s web; he that eateth of their eggs dieth, and that which is crushed breaketh out into a viper.
Your doctrines and "theological" constructs from Holy Scripture mean nothing to the Almighty. You are on the wrong track altogether. If you continue to choose to remain in ignorance, you will be held responsible and brought into judgment for what we have spoken to you.
Thus says the LORD God of Israel.
It is interesting you call your site the ‘Path of Truth’ when you proclaim lies. Do you really think that I will be receptive to what you say when all you seem to do is insult me? I would welcome a dialogue, but without mutual respect I see little point in it.
As to what I said: When I said ‘claims of Christianity’ I meant the historical claims of the NT and things like the resurrection. The G-d of the NT and his nature and teachings are not what is in the Tenach. This is to be expected from a work which distorts the context of virtually every verse that it quotes, and especially those quoted to support alleged prophetic fulfillments.
You can rest assured that G-d hears my prayers, and I have been many times answered. He guides my life and I see openly how this is happening.
As far as your quoting of Isaiah 59, it is an example of the Christian distortion of G-d’s Holy Word. There are two problems with your quoting that as if it is accusing me. 1. That was said to the people in Isaiah’s time. 2. That was said with regards to the NATION as a whole not to individuals. Are you saying that it applied to Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and Daniel among others I could mention? From Tenach it states EXPLICITLY that Menashah, who lived later, had his prayers heard by G-d.
It is sad, but although you seem to me to be sincere, you have strayed very far from the truth.
Moshe Shulman 718-436-7705 firstname.lastname@example.org
Messiah Truth: http://www.messiahtruth.com/
Judaism’s Answer: http://www.judaismsanswer.com/
Moshe, where is the insult? Were you insulted when I said you are grossly ignorant of the truth when you make such a darkened and foolish statement as this?
"You certainly know that I think that the claims of Christianity are no more true then those of Buddhism."
I respect you by telling you the truth:
"Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful" (Proverbs 27:6 MKJV).
If you find the truth about yourself insulting, you need to consider it is because you have been insulting the Truth. This is why God has sent us to speak to you, because you are and have been at enmity with Him. He is being gracious by having us give you the key to reconciliation with Him. Despising what we have told you from God is very foolish and wicked of you.
Rather than choosing to remain proud of your ignorance and destroying yourself thereby, it would be better to open your ears to the truth, receive instruction, obey God, and have peace with Him and with all men.
We have told you the truth that has been verified by many witnesses. You boast against the truth, calling it lies based on the unsubstantiated evidence of your fathers, who rejected the God of Israel. In this you are also playing the fool, which is much worse than being ignorant. An ignorant person can be corrected and enlightened, but a stubborn fool remains in his foolishness:
"Though you grind a fool in a mortar with a pestle along with grain, yet his foolishness will not be removed from him" (Proverbs 27:22 HNV).
The Jewish believers who testified of Jesus Christ by His resurrection power were persecuted by your fathers. Stephen, for example, rebuked your fathers for constantly rejecting the messengers He sent them, culminating with the Messiah:
Acts 7:51-53 HNV
(51) "You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, you always resist the Holy Spirit! As your fathers did, so you do.
(52) Which of the prophets didn’t your fathers persecute? They killed those who foretold the coming of the Righteous One, of Whom you have now become betrayers and murderers.
(53) You received the Torah as it was ordained by angels, and didn’t keep it!"
Why do you think Jerusalem and the Temple fell, as Jesus said they would, except for the reason Stephen gave, which your fathers confirmed as true by murdering Stephen and cementing their judgment?
And now you insist on following your fathers. How wise is that?
As Jesus said of you:
Matthew 23:31-33 HNV
(31) Therefore you testify to yourselves that you are children of those who killed the prophets.
(32) Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers.
(33) You serpents, you offspring of vipers, how will you escape the judgment of Gehinnom?
Your fathers had no evidence to counter the proofs of Yeshua HaMashiach and His resurrection, which was witnessed and faithfully reported by the Jews who saw the Anointed of God raised from the dead. When your fathers couldn’t deny or disprove His resurrection, they persecuted the faithful followers of God, as with Stephen.
Surely you must know that evidence and reliable witnesses would have been readily available to refute the resurrection, had it not happened. And surely Stephen’s hearers could have easily refuted him, rather than being compelled by their lower natures to try to rid themselves of his testimony by killing him. That in itself says it all, does it not? But not one piece of evidence or one credible witness ever emerged to contradict the testimony of the Jewish believers of Messiah. Not a one!
Are you not aware of what your fathers did, and of the legacy you have inherited?
Matthew 28:11-15 EMTV
(11) Now while they were going, behold, some of the guard came into the city and reported to the chief priests everything that had happened.
(12) When they had assembled with the elders and taking counsel, they gave sufficient silver coins to the soldiers,
(13) saying, "Tell them, ‘His disciples came at night and stole Him away while we were sleeping.’
(14) "And if this reaches the governor’s ears, we will influence him and make you secure."
(15) So they took the silver and did as they were instructed. And this saying has been widely spread among the Jews until this day.
God sent other witnesses to testify to your fathers, yet they continued to reject Him, so He turned from them:
"But Paul and Barnabas, speaking boldly said, ‘It was necessary for the Word of God to be spoken to you first; but since you thrust It away, and judge yourselves not worthy of eternal life; behold, we turn to the Gentiles. For so the Lord has commanded us: ‘I have set You to be a light of the nations, that You should be for salvation to the end of the earth’" (Acts 13:46-47 EMTV).
Through Jesus Christ, Yeshua HaMashiach, God has appeared to the peoples of the nations around the world. Because of His coming and the sending of His apostles, the Bible has also gone into all the world. There is not a more famous Name than that of Christ, or famous Book than the Bible. Whether They are believed or not, the testimony of Both convicts the world of sin.
You say, "The G-d of the NT [New Testament] and his nature and teachings are not what is in the Tenach."
A greater lie could not be told. In every way, Jesus Christ taught the Law of God, which He fulfilled in His own Person, as only the Son of God, Who embodies the Nature of God in human flesh, could.
By what nitpicking will you convict the Son of God of sin? As He said to your fathers:
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithes of mint and dill and cummin, and you have left undone the weightier matters of the Law, judgment, mercy, and faith. You ought to have done these and not to leave the other undone" (Matthew 23:23 MKJV).
So what did your fathers do? They confirmed His words by killing Him, their Messiah, breaking the Ten Commandments, but making sure to keep the Passover by getting rid of His body before the sun set:
"Therefore the Jews, since it was the Preparation Day, that the bodies should not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and they might be taken away" (John 19:31 EMTV).
How can you, with the blood of Messiah on your hands, judge righteously? You must first be judged, and so we have been sent to speak to you. Resist, and your neck will be broken. But submit, and the peace and honor of God will be yours. It is your choice, Moshe.
"As far as your quoting of Isaiah 59, it is an example of the Christian distortion of G-d’s Holy Word. There are two problems with your quoting that as if it is accusing me. 1. That was said to the people in Isaiah’s time. 2. That was said with regards to the NATION as a whole not to individuals. Are you saying that it applied to Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and Daniel among others I could mention? From Tenach it states EXPLICITLY that Menashah, who lived later, had his prayers heard by G-d."
Yes, those words were spoken to the nation of Israel; and have we not shown that you are one with your fathers, the same rejecters of God who were being addressed here by His prophet? As for those Jews who did not follow in their wicked ways, of course those words did not apply to them. I never said the words applied to Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Peter, or Paul. They were with God and one with Isaiah as he spoke those words to your fathers. You really have no idea at all of how things work, yet you speak as if you know so much.
We can answer all such protests in similar fashion, but if you want to further converse, you need to first responsibly read and consider what we have already said concerning these matters. We have answered many (if not all) of your objections. You can begin by reading Israel, Is Your God Unjust? Continue with The 76 Jewish Questions, and then read the rest of the writings in Israel and the Jew.
By the way, I don’t doubt that God, the Lord Jesus Christ, is guiding your life. He is God of all people, unbelievers and believers alike. The difference is that you, as an unbeliever, don’t know Who is arranging your life. You are like Saul of Tarsus who, when God stopped him short in his madness, said, "Who are You, Lord?"
Are you claiming that you have heard from God, as did Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel? If so, then tell us what He has told you. If not, you should hold your tongue and listen for your life to those He has sent to speak His words.
It is an insult because the point is not ME. The point is whether my saying Christianity lacks truth is a fact. For example, I gave an answer to you on Isaiah 59, but you ignored Scripture and changed the subject to me. This indicates that you seem to not want to discuss what is true and what is not, but maintain a diatribe about me. I am aware that you believe that my beliefs will send me to hell. I believe that yours will send you to hell. So what does that get us? We are no closer to the truth. Your threats mean nothing to me, just as those of Muslims who claim that I am going to hell mean nothing. (Although their threats of having an obligation to send me there, do bother me.)
Let’s keep this on an adult and Scriptural basis, and not in mutual recriminations. I have told you that Christianity is not more truthful then Buddhism. Are you willing to see the fallibility of Christianity? The resurrection never occurred and there is no proof of it. Jesus’ rising from the grave is as false as Matthews claim of many saints rising and going to Jerusalem and speaking to people. There are irreconcilable differences in the stories of the crucifixion, and resurrection, like which day the crucifixion occurred? (John and possibly Paul understood it as the day before Passover, when they sacrificed the paschal lamb, but the synoptics see it as the day after this lamb was eaten. They cannot both be true.) There is many more serious problems, but unless you are interested in the truth, what value is there?
Moshe, you are being dishonest on several counts, whether consciously so or not.
Number one, I have based what I wrote on the Scriptures, but you have not bothered to carefully read or consider what I sent you. Until you do, we can’t have a serious two-way conversation, because you are not dealing with what has already been put forth. Your objections have been preempted. They are baseless; it is irresponsible of you to conduct yourself this way.
Number two, I am not ignoring anything you said. Your statements have either been answered in what I have already sent you as links or directly answered in my letters to you.
For example, regarding Isaiah 59, I replied that it is written to the nation of Israel, of which you are a member, and therefore it is personal for all those of Israel to whom it applies. And no, it does not apply to those walking in the same spirit as the prophet. You are not of the prophet’s spirit, but are part of those separated from God by their sins, ones to whom the prophet was sent to rebuke. You prove it by your reaction to what I sent you. You continue in your father’s rejection and denial of your Messiah by citing lies and using irresponsible arguments against Him, which we have answered and exposed.
Number three, there are no recriminations on my part. I sent you a writing that establishes your need for repentance of the crime committed against the Messiah and God of Israel. You made the matter personal by taking offense at the applicability of the charge, and in turn, you have become offensive. This strategy is not working well for you, though, because I have Truth and facts to back up what I have said, whereas you have nothing but hearsay, false assumptions, and error.
Number four, I do not believe your beliefs will send you to hell and never said so. I see that you are already in the place of death and darkness. There is no light or life coming from you in what you say or do. That is hell, and it is why we are sent to speak to you and all Jews. You trust in your intellect and what you have heard from others who are misdirected and grossly in error, geared as you are towards disproving Life Himself. We have proved your foundation are false, and will once again.
You compare the resurrection of Christ to the resurrection of saints who allegedly came out of their graves and were seen by many in Jerusalem. Since the latter is false, you say the former is no different. Regarding the resurrection of Christ, however, there are many witnesses who reported seeing the Lord after He was raised from the dead. There is also the testimony of others, like Luke, of the transformation that took place in the lives of those who saw the resurrected Lord and received His Spirit after His ascension at Shavu’ot.
This transforming power of God has continued in the lives of all those who received the risen Lord ever since, as we are witnesses, even today, of His saving work and the Good News we preach through Jesus Christ, King of the Jews.
On the other hand, regarding the alleged resurrection of the saints in Jerusalem, there are no accounts of this event other than the two brief verses inserted into Matthew’s gospel. If, as reported, these raised-from-the-dead saints "appeared to many," why have no other witnesses spoken of this momentous event? We say there are no other corroborating Scriptural witnesses because some scallywag inserted this text at a later time.
Furthermore, there are Scriptural witnesses against the claim that the saints in Jerusalem came out of their graves. For example, Peter, testifying to the Jews at Shavu’ot of the resurrection of Jesus Christ, said:
"Men, brothers, let me speak with boldness to you about the patriarch David, that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day" (Acts 2:29 EMTV).
If David, or any other saints had been raised from their graves, Peter could not, and would not, have said those words. The point of his statement was the uniqueness of Christ’s resurrection, fulfilling the prophecy of King David:
"Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to seat Him on his throne, foreseeing this, he spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, ‘that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption.’ This Jesus God has raised up, of which we all are witnesses" (Acts 2:30-32 EMTV).
So, while we hear many witnesses testifying of Christ’s resurrection, there are none of the saints whose dead bodies were presumably raised from the dead. This latter resurrection has yet to come, as also indicated in the Scriptures:
1 Corinthians 15:12-18 MKJV
(12) But if Christ is proclaimed, that He was raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?
(13) But if there is no resurrection of the dead, neither has Christ been raised.
(14) And if Christ has not been raised, then our proclamation is worthless, and your faith is also worthless.
(15) And we are also found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified of God that He raised Christ; Whom He did not raise if the dead are not raised.
(16) For if the dead are not raised, then Christ is not raised.
(17) And if Christ is not raised, your faith is foolish; you are yet in your sins.
(18) Then also those that fell asleep in Christ were lost.
If some were already raised from the dead, the Corinthians would have known about it, and Paul would have reminded them. But no such event had yet happened. It remained to happen at the appropriate time:
1 Corinthians 15:51-53 MKJV
(51) Behold, I speak a mystery to you; we shall not all fall asleep, but we shall all be changed;
(52) in a moment, in a glance of an eye, at the last trumpet. For a trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall all be changed.
(53) For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
In another place, Paul rebuked the notions of some "who have erred concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is already past, and who overthrow the faith of some" (2 Timothy 2:18). He called such talk "profane, vain babblings," that would "increase to more ungodliness" (verse 16).
Equating the two events of Christ’s resurrection and this spurious report, therefore, is obviously a ploy on your part to discredit the true happening by hitching its credibility to a false one.
As for your other objection, there is no contradiction between the three Gospels and the Gospel of John about the timing of the crucifixion. It only appears that way to the unlearned and ignorant, and those such as you who are motivated to find fault.
The crucifixion occurred on the Passover, the fourteenth day of the month, "between the evenings," at the very time designated by God for the sacrifice of the lamb.
The crucifixion was not the day before, as you say John’s Gospel reports. John affirms it was the day of the Passover offering:
"But you have a custom that I should release one to you at the Passover. Then do you desire that I release to you the King of the Jews?" (John 18:39 MKJV)
"Now it was the Preparation Day of the Passover, and about the sixth hour. And he said to the Jews, ‘Behold your King!’" (John 19:14 EMTV)
"Therefore the Jews, since it was the Preparation Day, that the bodies should not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day) [the upcoming night was the first day of the Feast, when the Passover would be eaten (Exodus 12:8)], asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and they might be taken away" (John 19:31 EMTV).
Leviticus 23:5-7 MKJV
(5) In the fourteenth day of the first month, between the evenings, is the LORD’s Passover,
(6) and on the fifteenth day of the same month is the Feast of Unleavened Bread to the LORD. You must eat unleavened bread seven days.
(7) On the first day you shall have a holy convocation. You shall do no work of labor.
Numbers 28:16-18 JPS
(16) And in the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, is the LORD’s Passover.
(17) And on the fifteenth day of this month shall be a feast; seven days shall unleavened bread be eaten.
(18) In the first day shall be a holy convocation; ye shall do no manner of servile work.
The fourteenth day being the LORD’s Passover, there is no mistaking the fact that Yeshua HaMashiach, coming from God and being that Passover Himself, kept the Preparation Day with His disciples as He was made ready for His sacrifice.
Nor was the crucifixion the day after the Passover, as you claim Matthew, Mark, and Luke report:
Mark 15:5-6 MKJV
(5) But Jesus still answered nothing, so that Pilate marveled.
(6) And at that feast he released to them one prisoner, whomever they desired.
Mark 15:37, 42-43 EMTV
(37) And Jesus, uttering a loud cry, expired…
(42) And now evening having come, since it was Preparation Day [14th], which is the day before the Sabbath [15th, Feast of Unleavened Bread],
(43) Joseph of Arimathea, a prominent council member, who was himself waiting for the Kingdom of God, coming and taking courage, he went in to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus.
Matthew 27:59-60, 62 MKJV
(59) When Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in clean linen,
(60) and laid it in his new tomb, which he had cut out of the rock. And he rolled a great stone to the door of the tomb and departed.
(62) And on the next day, which was after the Preparation, the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered to Pilate.
"And that day was the Preparation [the 14th, the day of sacrificing the Passover lamb], and the Sabbath [the 15th, the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread and a holy convocation]drew on" (Luke 23:54 MKJV).
Jesus was offered up on the same day as the Passover lamb, a point on which all gospels agree.
Jesus Christ is the Passover Feast. As the LORD’s Passover, those who come to the God of Israel and partake of His flesh and His blood no longer receive temporary absolution for their sins, as was the case with animal sacrifices, but now they have their sins put away permanently, being made new creatures according to His new covenant:
Jeremiah 31:31-34 JPS
(31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah;
(32) not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; forasmuch as they broke My covenant, although I was a lord over them, saith the LORD.
(33) But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the LORD, I will put My law in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people;
(34) and they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying: ‘Know the LORD’; for they shall all know Me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin will I remember no more.
Are you not aware, Moshe, that God has put away the necessary elements according to His Law for the prescribed outward keeping of the Passover? You broke His covenant, so He has made a new one by fulfilling all that the old one required. He has done it for us and in us. Your own prophets and Writings tell you this, but you do not believe Them.
Surely you are aware of these things. You know that you cannot keep the Passover according to the Law, the only way acceptable to God. You know that you are in spiritual no man’s land, but are too proud to admit it. Instead, you are trying to "protect all the Jews" from believing the Good News about their God and Savior, not because you care about the Jews, but in order to keep them in the same darkness and ignorance that you are in.
We have news for you from God. The Jews will come to receive their Lord and Savior:
"And I will pour on the house of David, and on those living in Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of prayers. And they shall look on Me Whom they have pierced; and they shall mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they shall be bitter over Him, like the bitterness over the first-born" (Zechariah 12:10 LITV).
Are you not also aware that the prophet Daniel prophesied the coming of Messiah at the precise time of Christ? Oh yes, you have your arguments to try to prove otherwise, but you have no other viable candidate to fulfill the Scripture, which must be fulfilled.
Why would you argue against the Word of God, except for your pride? You are only denying yourself the goodness of God by adhering to a form of religion based on your own understanding, works, and righteousness. All of which are putrid and unacceptable to God.
When I tell you what is in store for you, I am not threatening you, Moshe, any more than Moses was threatening the Israelites when he told them what would happen to them in their rebellion and unbelief. But it has been your way, and the way of your fathers, to complain against all of God’s prophets and falsely accuse them of such things, as you do with me. You did that with Moses, so why should it be any different today, when you have not changed one bit?
Moshe sent six replies, which Paul answered:
Moshe, for ease of use I have copied your several emails into one segment, interspersed with my answers.
Your first response:
"There is certainly no desire to be dishonest on my part. Let me address your issues. I will address them one at a time.
The problem here is that you have NOT been quoting ‘Scripture’. You have been quoting from the New Testament, which is not the word of God. Why should I even answer to something which has no authority? Would you do so with the Quran? I think that since we both Agree that the Tenach (OT) is from God we should only use that as authority. If there is something from the NT that you want to quote that is fine, but it is not authoritative and I will not treat it that way."
Paul: I don’t believe you are being purposely dishonest, Moshe, or am at least willing to give you the benefit of a doubt. I have not been strictly quoting from the New Testament, however. You have not answered the many Scriptures from the Tenach in the writings I gave you.
Furthermore, if you have the truth on your side, you should easily be able to answer anything from the New Testament. Contrary to your rhetorical question about the Quran, we do indeed answer those who present it to us, with quotes from the authentic Scriptures that prove the Quran is a fraud (see Islam). You should be able to do the same, and should even be desirous to do so, given the opportunity we have afforded you, with the New Testament. But you are not able to answer us directly, because the New Testament is the truth, fulfilling all that went before and is recorded in the Tenach, as we prove in our writings and letters to you.
I wrote you a couple letters back:
"We have answered many (if not all) of your objections. You can begin by reading Israel, Is Your God Unjust? Continue with The 76 Jewish Questions and then read the rest of the writings in Israel and the Jew."
Will you be answering these things?
It is not a problem to answer you from the Tenach, however. I will continue to answer your points by quoting from It, showing you your error.
Your second response:
"I am now in Israel for a few weeks, and since Shabbos is coming soon, I will leave some responses for after Shabbos.
As to Isaiah 59, there are a few points.
1. You cant seriously be taking the unbiblical position that when God holds the ‘people Israel’ as sinful that means that each and everyone of Israel has sinned. In Joshua, God says that all of Israel has sinned, but we see that only one person did. You see, in the Tenach there are two types of categories: National Sin, and Individual Sin. In Leviticus 26 and Deuteronomy 28 God is explaining ‘National Sin’. Which is what applies in Isaiah 59. There were Jews who were sinful and this imparts sin in the nation. (The talmud refers to this as the principal of ‘arvos’.) But that does not mean every Jew needed to be a sinner. We see clearly that even though Josiah brought in a spirit of repentance as seen in 2 Kings 23, even so the decree had been made on the whole people, irregardless of what would be done, and they were sent in exile. (verses 26 and 27)
2. Isaiah was speaking to that generation and I am not that old.
3. Since Jesus was not the Messiah, whose purpose was to rule over Israel when National Sin had been ended, I think your comments are just hateful words."
Paul: "None calls for justice, nor does anyone plead for truth; they trust in vanity and speak lies. They conceive mischief and bring out iniquity" (Isaiah 59:4 MKJV).
Isaiah 59:15-16 MKJV
(15) Yea, truth fails; and he who departs from evil makes himself a prey. And the LORD saw, and it displeased Him that there was no judgment.
(16) And He saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor. Therefore His own arm brought salvation to Him; and His righteousness sustained Him.
I am serious – as serious as God’s Word that there is none who calls for justice or who exercises true judgment. What does "none" mean to you? Do you think that man’s nature has changed?
You would say that despite what these words mean, they only applied to those who heard them in Isaiah’s day. Is that so? Is that how you treat the Tenach, picking the parts you think apply to you, and the rest is "history"? Tell me, then, when was Israel turned, permanently, from its unbelief to walking in faith, honoring God with all its heart, mind, and soul? If that has not happened, neither are the words of the prophet no longer applicable.
In fact, as His children, the words of the prophets are in our mouths by the promise of our God, Who has kept His covenant with you, despite your not keeping it with Him:
"As for Me, this is My covenant with them, says the LORD; My Spirit that is on you, and My Words which I have put in your mouth, shall not depart out of your mouth, nor out of the mouth of your seed, nor out of the mouth of your seed’s seed, says the LORD, from now on and forever" (Isaiah 59:21 MKJV).
What we are hearing from you is a lot of fancy tap-dancing around the facts, Moshe.
Josiah proves my point. He was zealous for God, but that didn’t deliver the people from their sins. They were not yet repentant as they needed to be, despite Josiah’s zeal, which all the more sealed their judgment because they stood up for his oath to keep the covenant, but didn’t keep it. Had they kept it, do you think God would have given them up to the sword and sent them to flight and into servitude? That would be against His Word and Nature.
God’s judgment came for the same reason it is here now, even as we have said to you:
"Surely at the commandment of the LORD this came on Judah, to remove them out of His sight, for the sins of Manasseh, according to all that he did; and also for the innocent blood which he shed, for he filled Jerusalem with innocent blood, which the LORD would not pardon" (2 Kings 24:3-4 MKJV).
Israel and the Jews have the blood of the Innocent One on their hands, and today He has sent us to tell you so, not to condemn you, but in order for you to turn from your sin and be reconciled to God. The blood of the One you shed, Yeshua HaMashiach, was shed for you to accomplish what all other blood could not, which is the putting away of your sin once and for all so that God could give you the new heart He promised. Jesus Christ is your Ruler Who has come to put away your national sin. As long as you reject Him, you will never be able to keep the covenant of God, as has been proven by a very long history to this day.
So, yes, the judgment is national, as it needs to be. You cannot be justified by my works of faith. You must have your own faith from God with commensurate works of righteousness, or His judgment is still necessary and will come upon you:
Ezekiel 14:13-23 BBE
(13) Son of man, when a land, sinning against Me, does wrong, and My hand is stretched out against it, and the support of its bread is broken, and I make it short of food, cutting off man and beast from it:
(14) Even if these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, only themselves would they keep safe by their righteousness, says the Lord.
(15) Or if I send evil beasts through the land causing destruction and making it waste, so that no man may go through because of the beasts:
(16) Even if these three men were in it, by My life, says the Lord, they would not keep safe their sons or daughters, but only themselves, and the land would be made waste.
(17) Or if I send a sword against that land, and say, Sword, go through the land, cutting off from it man and beast:
(18) Even if these three men were in it, by My life, says the Lord, they would not keep safe their sons or daughters, but only themselves.
(19) Or if I send disease into that land, letting loose My wrath on it in blood, cutting off from it man and beast:
(20) Even if Noah, Daniel, and Job were in it, by My life, says the Lord, they would not keep son or daughter safe; only themselves would they keep safe through their righteousness.
(21) For this is what the Lord has said: How much more when I send My four bitter punishments on Jerusalem, the sword and need of food and evil beasts and disease, cutting off from it man and beast?
(22) But truly, there will still be a small band who will be safe, even sons and daughters: and they will come out to you, and you will see their ways and their doings: and you will be comforted about the evil which I have sent on Jerusalem, even about everything I have sent on it.
(23) They will give you comfort when you see their ways and their doings: and you will be certain that not for nothing have I done all the things I have done in it, says the Lord.
Your example of Achan’s sin in the days of Joshua also applies to our present situation. Although one man sinned, God held the whole nation to account for this sin. Had Israel rebelled against Joshua, who was given authority from God to deal with the sin, then the judgment would not have been removed from the people. By God’s grace, however, they submitted to the judgment administered by Joshua, and God put away the sin.
In the days of Joshua the Messiah, Israel, led by their religious leaders, handed Him over to the Romans for execution, saying, "His blood be on us and our children." There has never been national recognition or repentance from this sin, so the blood continues to be on the nation to this day. God has not forgiven the shedding of innocent blood, but He is willing to do so, and thus He has sent us to tell you so. The ball is now in your court.
God has brought Israel back as a nation in our time, not because the Jews have repented or been righteous, but to bring them together in order to confront them nationally on their sin. He would have you confess your sin, that you might be forgiven and reconciled to Him and to all men, no longer the tail, but the head of the nations.
God is gracious and patient, though you have not been, Moshe. On the contrary, you have been boastful and proud. But He knows how to humble the proud.
Your response 2a:
"3. Even were there any truth to my being sinful due to that verse, God still hears my prayers as we see from Menasha (2 chron 33:12) So there does not appear to be any point, God is still close to me, even were I to agree to your incorrect view. (Psalm 145:18)"
Paul: 2 Chronicles 33:12-13 JPS
(12) And when he was in distress, he besought the LORD his God, and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers.
(13) And he prayed unto Him; and He was entreated of him, and heard his supplication, and brought him back to Jerusalem into his kingdom. Then Manasseh knew that the LORD He was God.
You can’t take these words and apply them to yourself. Because God brought Manasseh back to Jerusalem and into his kingdom has nothing at all to do with you, or the fact that you might be in Jerusalem today. That is sheer superstition on your part, and plain nonsense.
Is every Jew in Jerusalem today in favor with God because he or she resides or visits there? We both know that is not true, and it has never been the case. If Jerusalem had the power to confer holiness and favor with God, why then did He have it ransacked, more than once, indeed, several times?
There were Jews in Jerusalem at the times of the conquest of the Babylonians and of the Romans, who had the same thoughts as you do, and they were disillusioned, as you will be. I am not saying Jerusalem will fall again, but your confidence in it and all things external must and will fail.
Besides all this, you fault me for applying Isaiah 59 to you, claiming those words were meant only for the Jews at that time, but here you are misapplying the words of Second Chronicles to yourself. You are employing a faulty double standard, something God finds detestable:
"Divers weights, and divers measures, both of them alike are an abomination to the LORD" (Proverbs 20:10 JPS).
You need to repent, Moshe.
Your third response:
"What ‘crime’ have I done? So now I am a Christ Killer?????"
Paul: Indeed you are, as we have already established, and as this letter brings to the fore again. The blood of the Messiah is on your hands. Have you not red anything I have given you?
Your fourth response:
"It is not my ‘intellect’ but my trust in God and His promises, which Jesus did not ever fulfill. And if living in the light of his love and guidance is ‘hell’ then I never want to leave it. I see openly daily His hand supporting me and leading me to be closer to Him. I can read His revelation in the Tenach and not have to do mental gymnastics and make it say things it doesn’t based on a book of falsehoods. (NT) I have a true knowledge and hope based on His truth."
Paul: Saul of Tarsus would have said the same thing, no doubt, before God met with him on the road to Damascus. Jesus said that those who killed His followers would think they did God service (John 16:2).
David spoke of those such as you, his Jewish brethren who thought God was with them because they prospered in their ways (for a time):
Psalms 17:9-15 GW
(9) Hide me from wicked people who violently attack me, from my deadly enemies who surround me.
(10) They have shut out all feeling. Their mouths have spoken arrogantly.
(11) They have tracked me down. They have surrounded me. They have focused their attention on throwing me to the ground.
(12) Each one of them is like a lion eager to tear its prey apart and like a young lion crouching in hiding places.
(13) Arise, O LORD; confront them! Bring them to their knees! With Your sword rescue my life from wicked people.
(14) With Your power rescue me from mortals, O LORD, from mortals who enjoy their inheritance only in this life. You fill their bellies with Your treasure. Their children are satisfied with it, and they leave what remains to their children.
(15) I will see Your Face when I am declared innocent. When I wake up, I will be satisfied with seeing You.
And Asaph spoke of the false foundation of your confidence:
Psalms 73:1-20 MKJV
(1) A Psalm of Asaph. Truly God is good to Israel, to the pure of heart.
(2) And I, my foot had almost stumbled; my steps had nearly slipped.
(3) For I was jealous of the proud, when I saw the peace of the wicked.
(4) For there are no bands in their death; but their strength is fat.
(5) They are not in trouble like other men; neither are they plagued like other men.
(6) Therefore pride enchains them; violence covers them like a robe.
(7) Their eyes stand out with fatness; they have more than the heart could imagine.
(8) They scoff and speak in malice of cruelty; from on high they speak.
(9) They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walks through the earth.
(10) Therefore His people return here, and waters of a full cup are wrung out to them.
(11) And they say, How does God know? And is there knowledge in the Most High?
(12) Behold, these are the ungodly, who are at ease in the world; they increase in riches.
(13) Surely I have made my heart pure in vain, and washed my hands in innocence.
(14) For all the day long I have been plagued, and chastened every morning.
(15) If I say, I will speak thus; behold, I would deceive a generation of Your sons.
(16) When I thought deeply in order to understand this, it was painful for me,
(17) until I went into the sanctuary of God; then I understood their end.
(18) Surely You set them in slippery places; You cast them down into ruin.
(19) How have they been brought into grief, as in a moment! They are fully eaten up with terrors,
(20) like a dream when one awakens; so, O LORD, when You awake, You shall despise their image.
You are also wrong, Moshe, about mental gymnastics with the Tenach. You are indeed twisting it at every turn. Besides, I am also hearing from one of your converts (not personal, but a convert to orthodox Judaism), a Justin White (I will send you the correspondence), who at every turn is referring to the mishnah or oral tradition or Rashi or Rambam or some other outside source that does nothing but complicate, distort, and contradict the Tenach. Are you telling me that you renounce these heretical "gymnasts"?
Your fifth response:
"I am glad to see that you think Matthew is bunk and he lied when he said that the saints were resurrected and seen by many in Jerusalem. Maybe you are starting to see how false Matthew and the others books of the gospels are."
Paul: I never said Matthew is bunk. I said someone slipped something into his Gospel, some time after the original manuscript had been written.
Your sixth response:
"That the NT is filled with contradictions and problems due to their ignorance is not really an issue with me. However Mark 14:12 has the last supper AFTER the slaughter of the Passover Sacrifice. The other Synoptics agree. If you have any familiarity with works by Evangelical Christian scholars, they all need to deal with this issue. Any many are honest enough to admit the seriousness of the problem. Your answer indicates that you have not considered the seriousness of this problem. I am now in Israel and do not have all my apologetic books with me, but when I return home I can give you a few to look at. You cannot have Jesus taken at the Passover meal (as in the Synoptics) and also the day the Passover lamb was slaughtered (John). They could not have the meal a day earlier as the priests in the temple would not perform the sacrifice for them as it would be contrary to the law. There is no way in truth out of this problem."
Paul: Not a problem at all, Moshe. You gave the answer yourself, albeit inadvertently. You are exactly right that the priests would not have sacrificed a lamb for the disciples a day before the sacrifice was ordered by God to take place. And, above that, the Lord Jesus said that He had come to fulfill the Law, not to change it, which He never did, and which didn’t happen here. The Passover was kept precisely according to the Law of Moses.
You also must be careful to report what the Gospels do not say. The Gospels do not say that the disciples and the Lord ate the Passover lamb, because they didn’t, and couldn’t. No one familiar with the facts would ever read into the texts what you are reading into them.
What those gathered together with the Lord had that evening was the Passover meal of the 14th of Nisan, the Day of Preparation (as the quotes I gave you from the "synoptic" Gospels plainly show). The disciples had prepared the designated place (de-leavening it, as stipulated by the Law) for what they expected to have the following evening, the Passover lamb. Besides the de-leavening and preparation for the Passover Sabbath, this turned out to be a very special meal and occasion because it commemorated the sacrifice the Lord was about to make.
Read the Gospels again, and you will see that what I am saying is true. At least, you will not be able to argue against it.
I am responding to this one first ["I never said Matthew is bunk. I said someone slipped something into his Gospel, some time after the original manuscript had been written. It is also known, for example, that Matthew 28:19 has been tampered with, in order to support the heathen and blasphemous doctrine of ‘the trinity.’"] as it is absolutely necessary. When you say ‘someone slipped something into his Gospel’ you have made a claim that you cannot prove. You admit the story is false, cannot accept that the author of Matthew is a liar. But he is. What about his bogus genealogy at the beginning, where he leaves out a number of generations? That they are missing is not really the issue, but that he tries to make a point that there are three groups of 14, shows, again, that he is false. There are not 3×14 (42) generation but 45. (It is true that some texts have the missing names and others don’t, but that is irrelevant, as the missing names are not the issue, but the LIE that there are 3×14 is. ) So when we look at how Matthew lies about what our Holy Tenach says, with his bogus prophecies, like Matthew 2:15, or the ‘Nazarene’, or various and sundry other ones, we are on firm group in rejecting any of his rants, including the one you have used to accuse me of being a Christ Killer.
In fact, were it not that our Rabbis assumed that Jesus existed, I would doubt any facts about him, even to the point of doubting his existence.
I will address your other comments to me later, and likewise those to Justin. But I must repeat this point, whether it is Matthew or the other gospels, or the Paul, they are not trustworthy, and I do not waste my time in discussions of fiction. While you may do so, that is not a surprise, since you base your faith on fiction.
One more minor issue, It is probably a waste of your time to throw stupid threats about my eternal condition, as according to my beliefs, your are toast after you die. So since we both have similar views, it is best to stick to serious discussions and stop the Christ Killer, and Hellfire stuff.
"One more minor issue, It is probably a waste of your time to throw stupid threats about my eternal condition, as according to my beliefs, your are toast after you die. So since we both have similar views, it is best to stick to serious discussions and stop the Christ Killer, and Hellfire stuff."
What are you talking about, Moshe? Supply specific quotes, because in a recent letter I corrected your previous false interpretations of things I had said and told you that you are already in hell, which is not a threat. It is reality.
Paul replied again:
I did prove the claim, Moshe, but you do not accept proof from the New Testament, backed up by the Old. You find superficial fault that is readily disproven from the whole of Its contents, but you will not consider any such proof that corrects your irresponsible and erroneous interpretations and conclusions. You obviously don’t recognize the gross contradiction and hypocrisy of your standards.
Someone could easily find fault with the Old Testament on the same grounds you use for analyzing the New Testament, picking at it without allowing the larger text to answer the criticisms. Such an approach is ignorant and prejudiced, an evil mindset that represents the real fault in this situation. And then you, as a Jew, wonder why Gentiles find fault with you and oppose you in the same manner and spirit?
Except that your rabbis assume Jesus existed, you would doubt the fact. Don’t you know that there is no verifiable physical proof that Moses existed, or that the children of Israel spent 40 years in the wilderness under his leadership? Do you therefore throw out the Law of God and any discussion of Its beneficial application in our lives?
You are majoring on the minors while tossing out the majors. There is no problem with Matthew’s genealogy, but why should I explain it to you, when you have already made it known you will not listen? It is an open and shut case for you.
Meanwhile, on the larger issue of your guilt in supporting the murder of an innocent man (which at least your colleague is willing to own up to), you avoid answering anything at all. How typical! You are just like your fathers:
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithes of mint and dill and cummin, and you have left undone the weightier matters of the Law, judgment, mercy, and faith. You ought to have done these and not to leave the other undone. Blind guides who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!" (Matthew 23:23-24 MKJV).
As for the other prophecies that Matthew alluded to, we see no problem there, and have explained them in The 76 Jewish Questions.
You should review this list of the many Old Testament prophecies that were fulfilled by and in Yeshua. I give one of the many sites on the internet where such fulfillments are compiled:
Moshe’s next response:
I see that you have used that tried and true technique of ignoring the main points and questioning something that is minor and of no consequence.
Christ Killer: "The blood of the One you shed, Yeshua HaMashiach" or how about: "In the days of Joshua the Messiah, Israel, led by their religious leaders, handed Him over to the Romans for execution, saying, ‘His blood be on us and our children.’ There has never been national recognition or repentance from this sin, so the blood continues to be on the nation to this day." Do I need more?????
"What ‘crime’ have I done? So now I am a Christ Killer?????"
"Paul: Indeed you are, as we have already established, and as this letter brings to the fore again. The blood of the Messiah is on your hands. Have you not red anything I have given you?"
What about ‘Indeed you are" did I misunderstand????
Moshe, you asked earlier that there not be any recriminations in these letters, but it is apparent that you are quick to accuse and find fault. Why do you evilly assume that I was not going to answer your letter? I was using no technique, but was simply responding to the blatantly false charges I had discharged in previous letters. I quote your accusation (with my added emphasis):
"It is probably a waste of your time to throw stupid threats about my eternal condition, as according to my beliefs, your are toast after you die. So since we both have similar views, it is best to stick to serious discussions and stop the Christ Killer, and Hellfire stuff."
Here are the previous answers I gave you:
"I do not believe your beliefs will send you to hell and never said so. I see that you are already in the place of death and darkness. There is no light or life coming from you in what you say or do. That is hell, and it is why we are sent to speak to you and all Jews."
"When I tell you what is in store for you, I am not threatening you, Moshe, any more than Moses was threatening the Israelites when he told them what would happen to them in their rebellion and unbelief. But it has been your way, and the way of your fathers, to complain against all of God’s prophets and to falsely accuse them of such things as you do with me."
You call this a minor issue, but is it? You falsely accuse, and when offered evidence to the contrary, you maintain your lies. According to the God of Israel, this is a major issue:
"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor" (Exodus 20:16 MKJV).
If anyone is using this technique you describe of ignoring the main issues by majoring in the minor ones, it is you, bringing up apparent discrepancies in a genealogy while glossing over your murder of the Messiah (which at least your proselyte is willing to admit you did).
I have not falsely accused you in this serious matter of murder, as you have done with me by your inanities and misrepresentations. Far from being something minor and of no consequence, your rejection and persecution of the Messiah has been the single most significant event and issue in the history of the Jews ever since. As Jesus said:
Matthew 23:37-39 EMTV
(37) "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often would I have gathered your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!
(38) Behold, your house is left to you desolate.
(39) For I say to you, you shall by no means see Me from now until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the Name of the LORD!’"
How can you argue that your house has not been desolate? No prophecy for 2,000 years (as your proselyte admits), no functioning priesthood or Word from God. Compare that to what the fathers had and to what God intended for Israel and go ahead, tell me you are prospering as a people. You dare not expose yourself so directly as a liar!
Is that recrimination or the truth? How can you truly and effectively argue that the Jewish nation is in good standing with God? You have not dared to try, though I have asked you about these things. You are the one who selectively chooses what to answer, ignoring the substantive matters. Anyone can read through my letters and see that this is so. And many will have that opportunity, so go ahead and dig your hole even deeper if you wish – the deeper, the more obvious.
Your motto is, "The best defense is a good offense." So you find little things to pick on, of which you will not even allow fair discussion, meanwhile avoiding the well-established charges against you, which are in your best interest to face and admit. You are presently the greatest enemy of the Jews, bar none, including Ahmadinejad. He tells the truth that he would destroy Israel and the Jews, but you deny Israel its Savior, the only One Who can save them from destruction.
Snake! You are just what Yeshua HaMashiach called you, which He did not do as recrimination, but as an accurate description of your true nature, which He has come to expose and put away. You think He came and went, a phantom in our minds? Think again. You will soon see how real He is. Mark our words.
1. Most of your quotes here are from the NT which is fiction, I do not see any reason to discuss fiction, when dealing with such an important issue.
2. I looked at your site and those URL’s. They are mostly about the NT, which is of no interest and has no religious value to it. However, if there is any issue there that you feel I should look at, or want, my comment on it, feel free to send it to me.
If you will treat the New Testament as fictional and will not engage in a two-way discussion of It, we will treat your charges against It as fictional as well.
We have nothing more to say to you about these charges anyway, having thoroughly disposed of every one of them, whether in our letters or in our writings.
I can appreciate your frustration, after all, I cannot appeal to the Rabbis or the Talmud to prove my points.
I have no problem with a discussion of the truth of the NT, but you seem averse to such a discussion. I suppose you are afraid to face the truth. After all, you have already been forced to admit that Matthew has something (the resurrection of the saints) which is not true.
It also appears that you have to admit that you cannot support your false beliefs without appeals to the NT. The meaning of that being that there is no support for it in the Tenach, which is the true revelation from God.
On the contrary, Moshe, I have not rejected hearing what your rabbis say. I have heard and answered. I received Justin’s quotes from your teachers and used the Old Testament to show what liars they are. You received these letters. You stand condemned by that which you profess to believe, the Old Testament, because Its writers, inspired by God, contradict the phonies you call "rabbis."
You have done nothing of the kind with anything I have said to you, whether from the New or Old Testament. You haven’t proven one Scripture I gave you to be in error, whether used against your teacher’s carnal and devilish interpretations or your own. Not one.
Once again you are caught in your lies.
And now that you are caught red-handed, whatever subtlety you had is dropped and you simply lie straight out, saying, "I have no problem with a discussion of the truth of the NT, but you seem averse to such a discussion."
In reality it is precisely the opposite, and any honest reader of these letters, having but a modicum of intelligence, can readily see that.
And I have not been "forced to admit" about the falsehood inserted into Matthew. It is our pleasure to expose such forgeries. In no way whatsoever does it subtract from the truth contained in the Gospel, that Yeshua HaMashiach was crucified at the hands of your fathers and, after being in the grave for three days and nights, was raised from the dead.
Not only can we support this from the Tenach, but we have, extensively in hundreds of writings on our site and by our very lives. Because you refuse to see or consider what we say does not change the facts.
Shulman, you have to be a fool to speak as you do.
One, we have no problem at all discussing Truth, period, whether it be the New Testament, the Tenach, the Koran, Playboy, New York Times, Jerusalem Post, or Tolstoy. Take your pick; so much for your foolish speculations and opinions.
Two, we are the Truth in the Messiah, Jesus Christ; we are not afraid of you, of discussion, of ourselves, or of Him, except for holy reverence of Him. The Truth is on our side. We have nothing to fear.
But you do, and that is why you make false accusations and stupid suppositions, and create straw men and smokescreens, ignoring issues you are unable to face. You are a man without substance, a damned fool, Moshe, saying, "There is no God" (Psalm 14:1).
Three, we have been forced to do nothing, as you assert. We are eager to expose all falsehood, wherever it is found, including the New Testament. For example, read The Rich Man and Lazarus – A Pagan Parable and see how "forced" we are to admit anything about the New Testament, or even of ourselves, if necessary – very different from you.
You are false; your thinking is false; your Judaism is false; you are a phony Jew who has nothing to offer the world but your arrogance and presumption, and those are not desirable to any but sycophantic fools, like Justin White, who don’t have a life, as you don’t have one; therefore God will do away with your corruption, and you will be left with nothing at all.
Four, our faith is not based on the New Testament, but in the Author of both Old and New, the Creator of the universe – we know Him, even as did Noah, Abraham, and Moses. We have the new heart God promised by Ezekiel and other prophets, and we are, therefore, able to appreciate the Truth of the New Testament and the Tenach.
You have nothing but your ideology, which is your own, presumably based on the Tenach, yet you have no light. You despise the Tenach; you are an enemy of Abraham, and you are of your father the Devil. You are a proven liar, and Paul has shown and will show you more of that.
Five, if we appeal to the New Testament, it is not to the New Testament only, but also to the Tenach. They are one, but you, being dead, can only see the shell and not the meat, though even the shell is highly strange to you.
I quote the New Testament appropriately here, as applying to you:
John 5:38-42 MKJV
(38) And you do not have His Word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him Whom He has sent.
(39) You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life. And they are the ones witnessing of Me,
(40) and you will not come to Me that you might have life.
(41) I do not receive honor from men.
(42) But I know you, that you do not have the love of God in you.
Six, you condemn the New Testament and summarily dismiss It as ‘fiction," ignoring, for example, the link Paul sent you to prove that dozens of prophecies recorded in the Tenach have come to be fulfilled in Yeshua. The New Testament is fully supported by the Tenach, and the Tenach by the New Testament; this we know and are able and willing to prove. But you are the one unwilling, unable, and even fearful to hear and to reason, because you will be weighed in the balance and found wanting, having to face your wretched state before your Creator, Whom you despise.
Seven, notice now that we have not dismissed the Tenach – we embrace It, we love It, we are It in the Messiah, knowing the Lord God, the Author of It, personally, intimately. We will quote from It, and do.
But you, Moshe, mock; you are a scorner; you contradict yourself at every turn and accuse us of the very things you are guilty yourself. You are a religious fool. Named as you are, you have nothing to do with Moses but to mock him, even as your fathers did and perished in the wilderness.
I don’t understand you. You reject things from the NT for which there is NO textual support to say that they are not part of the original, and yet you still believe a book whose originals had things that even you reject as false??? Why do you believe the NT at all??????
Moshe, of course you don’t understand us.
The substance of Truth is not merely found in a book or only in a book, no matter how holy the book may be, as is the Tenach. Truth is truth, and by knowing the Truth, Jesus Christ/Yeshua HaMashiach, the Essence of God, we are given to know that which is true and that which is false, regardless of where we find it.
While we know that the New Testament writings have been inspired by the Holy Spirit of God, we, by knowing God, know that there has been tampering in the New Testament.
This is something that many professing faith in Jesus Christ do not know, because they do not know Him, though they claim faith in Him. Many are in Bibliolatry, like you, worshipping a book in the Name of God, rather than worshipping God Himself. What they have is indoctrination and religion, but they do not have a living relationship with Him, which comes by the new heart of which Ezekiel spoke. This new nature by a second birth can only come through faith in the sacrifice and finished work of the Son of God, Whom you despise – One Whom I also once despised until He delivered me from sin.
You have no way of knowing whether even the Tenach is essentially, spiritually true because you have never known the Author of It. We know Him, and to you we speak of Him, by, through, and for Him.
It was expected, as one would expect pus and putrefaction to emerge from a boil that was lanced. Cleansing and healing will follow, because God has ordained it for His people. Will you, Israel, identify with the pus or the Doctor?
Other responses to "The Key" and our replies:
- Moshe: Paul, I am surprised that you would send an email to me. You certainly know that I think that the claims of Christianity are no more true then…
Read full response and Paul’s reply.
- Marc: You write something distressing in your message below, namely equating Hitler and Muhammed’s respective positions on Jews. This is…
Read full response and Paul’s reply.
- Uri: You must be kidding. On thepathoftruth.com, a rather unusual Christian web-site, you list two of my friends and co-religionists, Rabbis Ken Spiro…
Read full response and Paul’s reply.
- David: While your letter was addressed to the Jews and the nation of Israel, it is hoped that you, Paul, the original author, will read and, if you open your…
Read full response and Paul’s reply.
- Ira: Paul, Thank you for your article. How are you feeling? Take care of…
Read full response and Paul’s reply.
- Michelle: Remove me from this email list immediately. You are not a Jew…
Read full response and Paul’s reply.
- Justin: I converted to Judaism! … idolatry is forbidden in Judaism, even…
Read full response and Paul’s reply.
- Margaret: The reason for His killing was that a few unpopular religious nuts were jealous of the Christ’s popularity with the jews. You can find this…
Read full response and Paul’s reply.
- HH: STOP bothering everybody You did’nt ask permission to send us email…
David: If you hurry up, you can return your gift in time to get a refund…
Read full responses and Paul’s reply.
- Charlotte: It is true that Jesus died for all people, especially came for the Jews. But the Bible does not tell us to convert them, but to pray for them…
Read full response and Paul’s reply.
- Ariel: I killed jc myself, with my own hands. He was a pig and you are a pig…
Read full response and Paul and Victor’s replies.
What the God of Israel has done for me, and what He will do for you.
“I, even I, am He Who comforts you: who are you, that you are afraid of man who shall die, and of the son of man who shall be made as grass; and have forgotten the LORD your Maker, Who stretched forth the Heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth…?” (Isaiah 51:12-13 HNV)
Israel, your God knows and sees what you suffer. He is not remote, unfamiliar, or unaffected by what is happening with you. There is a reason for your predicament, however, a reason that holds the key to the solution for all. There is an answer from God, which you need to hear and know.
Jews, you have tried everything to be at peace, to have dialogue with, and to appease, the world. You have tried everything, and nothing has worked, because you lacked the simple solution. Here is the key for Israel, the Jew, and the whole world.
The world, to a great degree over history, has persecuted and been aligned against the Jew. How should the Jew react? Here is an example of how he shouldn’t react, and why.
To those representing the Sanhedrin, the New Jewish Congress, and the Temple Mount Movements, who petitioned President George W. Bush during his visit to Israel in January 2008, we reply with the following two letters. These letters were written separately, providing you with two witnesses from God confirming His thoughts regarding your written petition and what it says about Him.
Is Israel, particularly modern Israel reborn and established after two millennia, a nation of Satan established for the destruction of the world, or a nation of God for the salvation of the world?