In this writing, we’ll answer the “Problems with Paul” and “Just Give Me the Truth” websites, both of which declare the apostle Paul was a deceiver, even Satan in the flesh and an anti-Christ. These people are in great delusion, coming against the Lord Jesus Christ in all arrogance and ungodliness.
We respond to an article found on both sites, alternatively called “The Problem with Paul” or “The History of Paul.” The author isn’t named, so we refer to him as “author.” No “Thus saith the Lord” from this slinking hyenic person.
The article presents a long list of supposed items of conflict between Paul and “Yahushua” (Hebrew for “Jesus”), with the author asking at the end:
“Do you trust the words of Yahushua, or the ‘revelations’ of Paul?”
There’s no daylight between Paul’s revelations and the Words of Jesus Christ. They are one and the same. The author thinks to have proven otherwise, but hear our answers and ask the Lord for a heart to believe His testimony in this matter, the only one that matters.
The author summarizes the article by positing that if many are deceived in our days, such as Jesus implied by His rhetorical question – “Nevertheless when the Son of man comes, shall He find faith on the earth?” (Luke 18:8) – it is because these people are following Paul’s teachings in the New Testament.
Is there only this one inescapable possibility? How about the usual reason – people are hardened in unbelief? Weren’t many Jews in that condition when the Messiah came in the flesh, though they had the authentic Scriptures, without deviation or error, in their possession? Regardless, Jesus said they were unable to receive the truth:
“And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah which said, ‘By hearing you shall hear and shall not understand; and seeing you shall see and shall not perceive; for this people’s heart has become gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and they have closed their eyes, lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them’” (Matthew 13:14-15 MKJV).
And He addressed them as follows:
“You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life. And they are the ones witnessing of Me, and you will not come to Me that you might have life” (John 5:39-40 MKJV).
Israel was dispersed approximately forty years after Christ, not because they had fraudulent Scriptures or writings, which have always been available, but because they didn’t believe the Lord or the writings they did have from Him. Nothing has changed. The author externalizes blame for unbelief today onto Paul because he doesn’t believe the Scriptures of God. He hasn’t confessed or forsaken his sins.
The author is among those worshipping the Scriptures and thinking to find life in them because he refuses the cross and the Spirit of the One Who is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Ironically, he perverts that which he worships, but those who worship the Father in spirit and in truth uphold the Scriptures, finding in them that which God intended.
“Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God, Who has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life” (2 Corinthians 3:5-6 ESV).
Continuing with quotes:
“Paul was a Pharisee. One day he had a ‘revelation’. He changed his name from Saul to Paul, and straightway preached his revelations about the ‘Christ’ in the synagogues… In Paul’s epistles we find him using the words ‘Christ, Son of God, grace, redemption, resurrection, etc.’, but we learn little or nothing about Yahushua and his actual teachings… Roughly 50% of the New Testament (13 epistles) is from Saul, a man who neither knew Yahushua in the flesh, nor was instructed by the apostles. Rather, he taught by unsubstantiated revelation, Ezekiel 13:2-9.”
With every word, the author reveals himself as an unbeliever. If he was a believer, he would know Jesus Christ, not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
“So as we now know no one according to flesh, but even if we have known Christ according to flesh, yet now we no longer know Him so” (2 Corinthians 5:16 MKJV).
That’s Paul speaking, whom the author doesn’t trust. He wouldn’t question Jesus, though, would he? Yet Paul taught the same thing about knowing the Lord as Jesus promised to all who believe Him:
John 14:16-18 MKJV
(16) And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, so that He may be with you forever,
(17) the Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive because it does not see Him nor know Him. But you know Him, for He dwells with you and shall be in you.
(18) I will not leave you orphans. I will come to you.
The Lord is the Spirit of Truth, and by His Spirit those who believe know Him. They hear His voice and receive the testimony of those in whom He dwells. The author doesn’t receive Paul’s testimony of Yeshua because he himself doesn’t know the Lord or hear His voice.
“We are of God. He who knows God hears us. The one who is not of God does not hear us. From this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error” (1 John 4:6 MKJV).
As for charging Paul with his changing his name and insinuating evil on his part in doing so, that’s sheer supposition from a wicked, condemning heart. The only record we have of Saul being known as Paul allows no such inference or moral judgment:
“Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him” (Acts 13:9 KJV).
“Paul’s core philosophy of justification by faith and abolition of Torah Law stands in opposition to Yahushua’s statements in the gospels.”
So wrong. Paul preached justification and fulfillment of the Law by faith. You can’t have one without the other.
“Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the Law.” (Romans 3:31 KJV)
“Paul thought nothing of lying… if it meant gaining a new convert to his own brand of salvation, Romans 3:7.”
“For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto His glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?” (Romans 3:7 KJV)
Was Paul saying he lied? Not at all. Here’s the context:
Romans 3:5-8 MKJV
(5) But if our unrighteousness commends the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous Who lays on wrath? (I speak as a man.)
(6) Let it not be! For then how shall God judge the world?
(7) For if in my lie the truth has more abounded to His glory why am I still judged as a sinner?
(8) And not rather, (as we are wrongly accused, and as some affirm that we say), Let us do bad things that good may come? Their condemnation is just.
Paul was giving the argument of the carnal/natural man, refuting it by pointing out how it brings condemnation upon its proponents. The article writer is the one who lies, by nature and without consciousness of his offense (he will be awakened for judgment).
“You are the children of your father, the Devil, and you want to follow your father’s desires. From the very beginning he was a murderer and has never been on the side of truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he is only doing what is natural to him, because he is a liar and the father of all lies” (John 8:44 GNB).
“Yahushua verified the number twelve, Matthew 19:28, and verified it again, Revelation 21:14. There are no scriptural references for thirteen apostles.”
“But hearing this, the apostles Barnabas and Paul tore their clothes and ran in among the people, crying out” (Acts 14:14 MKJV).
“But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord’s brother [not one of the original twelve]” (Galatians 1:19 KJV).
See that Luke called both Paul and Barnabas apostles of Christ.
Peter also recognized Paul’s ministry:
“And think of the long-suffering of our Lord as salvation (as our beloved brother Paul also has written to you according to the wisdom given to him as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which the unlearned and unstable pervert, as also they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction)” (2 Peter 3:15-16 MKJV).
We know the Record of Acts was written by the physician Luke, a man proven meticulously accurate in detail, the same saint who wrote the Gospel. In his stance, this charlatan author will have no choice but condemn Luke, as well as one of the original twelve, Peter, no less.
Our author (hiding behind his initials) comes against the Lord Jesus Christ again and again by discrediting Paul, Luke, and Peter, denying the Words He speaks:
“Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute” (Luke 11:49 KJV).
Prophets and apostles continue as the Lord calls, chooses, and sends them – there never was any announcement that such would cease. Only independent rebels choose to deny God and close their ears to His Words. Read the Diabolical Doctrine: There Are No Prophets or Apostles Today.
“In Acts 22:17-21, Paul ‘claims’ Yahushua told him to ‘get out of Jerusalem, for they (the Jews) will not receive your testimony concerning Me (Yahweh)’. That indeed is an odd statement, as the Yahudim (Jews) were in fact receiving testimony from the real apostles.”
Is that why Jerusalem fell in 70 AD, during the Roman siege? (Who sent the Roman siege, and why?) From http://www.livius.org/articles/concept/roman-jewish-wars/roman-jewish-wars-4/:
“The Roman commanders now knew that their enemies would fight for every inch of their city, and understood that the siege of Jerusalem would take a long time. Therefore, Titus changed his plans. There were signs that the supplies of Jerusalem were giving out: some Jews had left the city, hoping to find food in the valleys in front of the walls. Many of them had been caught and crucified – some five hundred every day. (The soldiers had amused themselves by nailing their victims in different postures.) The Romans decided to starve the enemies into surrender. In three days, Jerusalem was surrounded with an eight kilometer long palisade. All trees within fifteen kilometres of the city were cut down… The death rate among the besieged increased. Soon, the Kidron valley and the Valley of Hinnom were filled with corpses.”
If the Jews believed, why didn’t they believe Jesus’ words?
“And when you see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that its destruction has come. And let those in Judea flee to the mountains. And those in its midst, let them go out. And those in the open spaces, let them not go into her” (Luke 21:20-21 MKJV).
Almost nothing the author says is true. Many works of men mix some error in with a fair bit of truth, but here we have a work of error with scant if any truth.
“…Paul runs afoul of the gospels. He particularly preaches a reoccurring theme of submitting to earthly authority, i.e. governmental authority, on the basis it shows us approved of God (Yahushua did not say to do this, so why does Paul? Ask yourself: Why does Paul continually stress submission to earthly authority?).”
Is this only Paul’s doctrine? No, it’s the doctrine of Christ:
“And answering Jesus said to them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s. And they marvelled at Him” (Mark 12:17 MKJV).
And the apostle Peter taught the same:
1 Peter 2:13-23 MKJV
(13) Then be in obedience to every ordinance of men, because of the Lord, whether to a king as supreme,
(14) or to governors as sent by Him for vengeance on evildoers, but for praise on well-doers.
(15) For such is the will of God, doing good to silence the ignorance of foolish men;
(16) as free, and not having freedom as a cover of evil, but as servants of God.
(17) Honor all. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.
(18) Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear, not only to those good and forbearing, but also to the perverse ones.
(19) For this is a grace, if for conscience toward God anyone endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
(20) For what glory is it if you patiently endure while sinning and being buffeted? But if you suffer while doing good, and patiently endure, this is a grace from God.
(21) For you were not called to this? For Christ also suffered on our behalf, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps,
(22) He who did no sin, nor was guile found in His mouth,
(23) who when He was reviled did not revile in return. When He suffered, He did not threaten, but gave Himself up to Him who judges righteously.
The lies go on and on.
“It’s also interesting to note that nowhere did Paul repent for his persecution of believers; rather, he boasted of being a Pharisee.”
If the following words from Paul aren’t honest confession and repentance, what is?
“For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me” (1 Corinthians 15:9-10 KJV).
Isn’t Paul’s behavior after being turned to Christ proof that he stopped persecuting the Church of God and started loving it instead? Only a blind, wicked fool would deny it.
Galatians 1:21-24 KJV
(21) Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia;
(22) And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:
(23) But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.
(24) And they glorified God in me.
Where is a counter testimony from the saints, that these things were not so? There is none.
“Paul dropped all contact with the real [original] apostles after his chastisement in Jerusalem, Acts 21:18-26.”
There’s no proof of this (and we know the implication isn’t true), but there is proof that the Lord hadn’t dropped contact with Paul:
“And the following night the Lord stood by him and said, Be of good cheer, Paul, for as you have testified of Me in Jerusalem, so you also must bear witness at Rome” (Acts 23:11 MKJV).
Connected to the Head means also connected to the Body. Which applies to every born again believer to this hour. We know and “see” Him; we fellowship with Him. The renegade author knows nothing of Yeshua.
“Paul went to the Gentiles because he was rejected by the Law abiding Jewish converts. The Gentiles didn’t keep the Law nor did they understand the Law. This made easy converts for Paul’s doctrine, which preached against the Law.”
Paul was sent to the Gentiles by the Lord Jesus Christ, whom He had ordained from the beginning of man to salvation:
“But the Lord said to him [Ananias], Go! For this one is a chosen vessel to Me, to bear My Name before nations and kings and the sons of Israel. For I will show him what great things he must suffer for My Name’s sake” (Acts 9:15-16 MKJV).
The “Law abiding” Jews who rejected Paul weren’t converts to Christ, but were the same Jews who rejected Yeshua. The Lord said to them:
“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithes of mint and dill and cummin, and you have left undone the weightier matters of the Law, judgment, mercy, and faith. You ought to have done these and not to leave the other undone” (Matthew 23:23 MKJV).
As for the Jewish converts to Christ who heard that Paul was teaching Jews to forsake Moses, they heard wrong as proven in Acts 21 and shown in Pitting Paul Against Jesus.
“Paul instructs the Corinthians ‘be ye followers of ME’, I Corinthians 4:16. To the Thessalonians: ‘ye became followers of US…and of the Lord’, I Thessalonians 1:6. To the Galatians: (Syria and Cilicia) they glorified God in ME, Galatians 1:24.”
“For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have you not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the Gospel. Wherefore I beseech you, be you followers of me” (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV).
Why shouldn’t they follow the one in Christ who brought them to Him? Only rebels resist and condemn such counsel. They are anti-Christ.
“And every spirit that confesses not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of anti-Christ, whereof you have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world” (1 John 4:3 KJV).
Jesus Christ came through Paul and through every messenger He sends.
“Be you followers of me, even as I also am of Christ” (1 Corinthians 11:1 KJV).
As for glorifying God in Paul, what’s wrong with glorifying God for what He had done with Paul (or any other), turning an enemy into a friend and servant?
Galatians 1:21-24 EMTV
(21) Then I went into the regions of Syria and Cilicia.
(22) And I was unknown by face to the churches of Judea which are in Christ.
(23) But they heard only, “He who formerly persecuted us now preaches the faith which at one time he was devastating.”
(24) And they glorified God in me.
The author doesn’t realize he represents the other side of the coin – he blasphemes God in Paul.
“Paul ‘cursed’ those who preached any other gospel than his, Galatians 1:8-9. Therefore he’s cursing James, Peter, and John, whom he mocks in Galatians Chapter 2.”
More lies – blatant lies.
Galatians 2:7-9 EMTV
(7) When they saw that I had been entrusted with the Gospel for the uncircumcised, just as Peter with the Gospel for the circumcised,
(8) (for He Who worked with Peter in the apostleship to the circumcised, worked also with me in that for the Gentiles),
(9) and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace which was given to me, they gave me and Barnabas their right hands of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised;
As for cursing, Paul said let those who preach another Gospel be accursed, which Strong’s Concordance tells us means: “a (religious) ban or (concretely) excommunicated (thing or person): – accursed, anathema, curse, X great.”
So it is.
“And if anyone takes away from the Words of the Book of this prophecy, God will take away his part out of the Book of Life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which have been written in this Book” (Revelation 22:19 MKJV).
“Paul said that when the law was still in force, faith had not yet come, Galatians 3:23. However, he contradicts this in Romans 4:3, 22. Which way is it?”
It’s both, because they are one:
“But before faith came, we were kept under Law, having been shut up to the faith about to be revealed” (Galatians 3:23 MKJV).
“For what does the Scripture say? ‘Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him for righteousness’ And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness” (Romans 4:3,22 MKJV).
There’s no contradiction at all. Until we personally enter faith, we’re kept under the Law – it’s always been this way. Abraham was walking by faith, which was evident in that he obeyed God and withheld nothing. In the following verses Paul writes:
Galatians 3:24-27 ESV
(24) So then, the Law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith.
(25) But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian,
(26) for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.
(27) For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Does Jesus Christ walk contrary to the Law of God? He IS the Law of God. So it is with His sons, His brothers in the Spirit. The author isn’t a son of God and doesn’t know these things. He’s a son of Satan, savoring the things of man, particularly his own righteousness. He can only speak from darkness.
As for the verse in Romans about Abraham, yes, he believed God and it was accounted to him as righteousness. Doesn’t James, one whom the author and other anti-Paul crusaders consider an advocate of the Lord Jesus Christ, fully concur with Paul? Yes, he does:
James 2:20-24 MKJV
(20) But will you know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
(21) Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
(22) Do you see how faith worked with his works, and from the works faith was made complete?
(23) And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was imputed to him for righteousness, and he was called the friend of God.”
(24) You see then how a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
So in his stance, the erring author differs with another apostle, James, as well. Can there be anything remaining standing of the New Testament by the time this prater is done?
“Gen. 49:27 ‘Benjamin shall ravin as a wolf: in the morning he shall devour the prey, and at night he shall divide the spoil.’ Who was from the tribe of Benjamin? Paul!”
In the same prophecy from Jacob, he said of Levi:
Genesis 49:5-7 MKJV
(5) Simeon and Levi are brothers; tools of violence are their weapons.
(6) Oh my soul, do not come into their secret. Let not my honor be united with their assembly. For in their anger they killed a man, and in their self-will they hamstrung a bull.
(7) Let their anger be cursed, for it was fierce; and their wrath, for it was cruel. I will divide them in Jacob, and scatter them in Israel.
By the author’s reckoning, this means that Moses and Aaron, from the tribe of Levi, couldn’t have been men of God. The author is again confounded.
So then can anything even of the Old Testament remain standing if this fool’s words be true?
“Paul quoted Christ as saying ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive’, Acts 20:35. It appears nowhere else in scripture, and given Paul’s admission that he spent little or no time with the apostles, Galatians Chapter 1, one might question where he came up with such a quote (which sounds more like advice from Dear Abby than a quote from Yahushua).”
“And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen” (John 21:25 KJV).
Were not some of these doings and sayings passed along by the Lord’s disciples and apostles to other believers? Sure they were. And are not the Lord’s words about giving consistent with Him and His teaching? Absolutely:
“But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you and persecute you, so that you may become sons of your Father in Heaven. For He makes His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust” (Matthew 5:44-45 MKJV).
God, the most blessed of all, is the Greatest Giver of all.
“For who is greater, he who sits at the table, or he who serves? Is it not he who sits at the table? Yet I am among you as the One Who serves” (Luke 22:27 EMTV).
“The greatest among you shall be your servant” (Matthew 23:11 ESV).
But to the author of the article, these precious truths are nothing more than advice from “Dear Abby.” He doesn’t hear or perceive the Lord’s Presence, yet takes upon himself to question and condemn Him. Woe to him in his unfathomable foolishness and audacity!
“Paul negates the deity of Yahushua, I Timothy 2:5. Paul tells us there is one mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus (Greek is άνθρωποσ, ‘anthropos’). However, the word άνθρωποσ as used in the New Testament means ‘man’ as carnal man, i.e. man with a sinful nature (in secular use it means a human being, from which we get the word ‘anthropology’). With the exception of this one verse by Paul, άνθρωποσ is never (not even once) used in connection with Yahushua’s deity (except in His title as ‘Son of man’). Only unbelievers in the gospels, who do not recognize Yahushua’s divinity, use this word in reference to Yahushua.”
Again, the author leaves out the context, which puts everything in proper perspective:
“For there is one God, and one Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time” (1 Timothy 2:5-6 KJV).
God came in the form of man – yes, the Son of Man – like any other man; however, Jesus Christ wasn’t a sinner like other men, which is how and why He became our Savior:
“For what the Law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending His Own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh” (Romans 8:3 KJV).
“For we do not have a high priest who cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities, but was in all points tempted just as we are, yet without sin” (Hebrews 4:15 MKJV).
“For He has made Him Who knew no sin, to be sin for us [taking on the body of sin – a man and our Mediator with God], that we might become the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21 MKJV).
“And you know that He was revealed that He might take away our sins, and in Him is no sin” (1 John 3:5 MKJV).
Philippians 2:5-11 MKJV
(5) For let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,
(6) who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God,
(7) but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Himself the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men.
(8) And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
(9) Therefore God has highly exalted Him, and has given Him a name which is above every name,
(10) that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of heavenly ones, and of earthly ones, and of ones under the earth;
(11) and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Yes, Jesus Christ came as a man, Almighty God appearing in humble flesh to save us and connect us to Himself. Bless Him for giving us the life of Saul of Tarsus to communicate these precious truths!
“Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory” (1 Timothy 3:16 ESV).
Paul’s writings ARE the confession of Jesus Christ as God and those who repudiate them come against Him. It is hard for them to kick against the goads.
“Paul ended up in Rome, and via coincidence, we now have the Roman Catholic Church; which bears a striking resemblance to Paul’s church structure, Ephesians 4:11, I & II Timothy. At the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD, this same church chose to include 13 Pauline epistles into their biblical canon; while excluding such books as Enoch. Coincidence? Hardly. Just as Yahweh allowed Satan into the garden of Eden, so He allowed Paul in the Bible. Satan is the father of lies. Any guess as to whom Paul serves? (The answer is not Yahweh).”
“And truly He gave some to be apostles, and some to be prophets, and some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ” (Ephesians 4:11-12 MKJV).
This is God’s work, not Paul’s “church structure.” But we’re dealing with a raving madman who grasps at straws that don’t exist beyond his imagination. Here’s what our beloved brother Paul says about this:
“For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, pulling down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought into the obedience of Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:4-5 MKJV).
Paul knew and served Jesus Christ in the Power of His Resurrection.
As for Sherry Shriner, she has used the material in this article to provide background for a litany of false charges against Paul on her site (http://www.justgivemethetruth.com/paul_was_a_deceiver.htm). Many if not most of these arguments are answered in this article and others. Yet Sherry adds some outlandish charges of her own, such as:
“Paul declared he himself was the son of God”
No he didn’t; and Sherry doesn’t provide proof that he did. Her word is good enough only for herself and anyone who is foolish enough to take her word over the Word of God.
“But let God be true, and every man a liar; as it is written, ‘That You might be justified in Your sayings, and will overcome when You are judged’” (Romans 3:4 MKJV).
“Paul… condemned Jesus Himself for having long hair in 1 Corinthians 11:14, something approved in Numbers 6:5 and Judges 13:5.”
Where is she getting Jesus had long hair? Where else but from the false and blasphemous pictures of men, which have no basis in the Scriptures or from the Lord.
As for Nazarites and the vow they were under (do you know of any today?), they were the exception, not the rule.
“Paul Said: Circumcision is not necessary (Romans 2:26) that is going against what the Christ said in Luke 2:21.”
Did Jesus say to circumcise? Here’s the Scripture Sherry cites:
“And when eight days were fulfilled to circumcise the child, His name was called JESUS, the Name called by the angel before He was conceived in the womb” (Luke 2:21 MKJV).
The Lord said nothing about circumcision there. His parents had Him circumcised according to the Law of Moses, coming from the fathers (Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob). But physical circumcision was a sign and not the fulfillment of what Jesus, as the Lord their God, spoke of to the children of Israel:
“Therefore, circumcise the foreskin of your heart, and be no longer stiff-necked” (Deuteronomy 10:16 MKJV).
“And the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your seed, to love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live” (Deuteronomy 30:6 MKJV).
“Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, men of Judah and people of Jerusalem; lest My fury come forth like fire, and burn so that none can put it out; because of the evil of your doings” (Jeremiah 4:4 MKJV).
The circumcision of the heart, not of the flesh, is what the Lord is after. Is Sherry circumcised in the heart? No. She’s not circumcised in the flesh, either. If physical circumcision was where things ultimately were at, what about women? Did the Lord leave women out of His covenant or the rest of humanity outside of the Jews, whom He came to save by creating a right spirit and heart? This account in Acts puts the matter to rest:
Acts 15:5-32 MKJV
(5) But some of those from the sect of the Pharisees, having believed, rose up, saying, It was necessary to circumcise them and to command them to keep the Law of Moses.
(6) And the apostles and elders were assembled to see about this matter.
(7) And after much disputing, Peter rose up and said to them, Men, brothers, you recognize that from ancient days God chose among us that through my mouth the nations should hear the Word of the Gospel, and believe.
(8) And God, Who knows the hearts, bore them witness, giving them the Holy Spirit even as to us.
(9) And He put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
(10) Now therefore why do you tempt God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples, a yoke which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
(11) But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, according to which manner they also believed.
(12) And all the multitude kept silent and listened to Barnabas and Paul declaring what miracles and wonders God had worked among the nations through them.
(13) And after they were silent, James answered, saying, Men, brothers, listen to me.
(14) Even as Simon has declared how God at the first visited the nations to take out of them a people for His name.
(15) And the words of the Prophets agree to this; as it is written,
(16) “After this I will return and will build again the tabernacle of David which has fallen down; and I will build again its ruins, and I will set it up,
(17) so those men who are left might seek after the Lord, and all the nations on whom My Name has been called, says the Lord, Who does all these things.”
(18) All His works are known to God from eternity.
(19) Therefore my judgment is that we do not trouble those who have turned to God from among the nations,
(20) but that we write to them that they should abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
(21) For Moses from ages past has those in every city proclaiming him, being read in the synagogues every Sabbath day.
(22) Then it pleased the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men from them to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; Judas, whose last name was Barsabas; and Silas, chief men among the brothers.
(23) And they wrote these things by their hand: The apostles and elders and brothers send greeting to the brothers, from the nations in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia.
(24) Because we have heard that certain ones who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, Be circumcised and keep the Law! (to whom we gave no such command);
(25) it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
(26) men who have given up their lives for the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(27) Therefore we have sent Judas and Silas, who will also announce to you the same things by word.
(28) For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay on you no greater burden than these necessary things:
(29) that you abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication; from which, if you keep yourselves, you shall do well. Be prospered.
(30) Then indeed they being let go, they came to Antioch. And gathering the multitude, they delivered the letter.
(31) And when they had read it, they rejoiced at the comfort.
(32) And Judas and Silas, also being prophets themselves, exhorted the brothers with many words and confirmed them.
Sherry is wrong in all she says, while Paul is right:
Romans 2:26-29 MKJV
(26) If then the uncircumcision keeps the ordinances of the Law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
(27) And the uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfills the Law, shall it not judge you, who through letter and circumcision become transgressors of the Law?
(28) For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that outwardly in flesh;
(29) but he is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is of the heart; in spirit and not in letter; whose praise is not from men, but from God.
Sherry Shriner is out of her mind, a witless witch. In all arrogance, she says other equally wicked and stupid things. Her animosity transcends delusion, manifesting spiteful hate and deliberate lying. For example, she posts on her website (http://www.justgivemethetruth.com/paul_was_a_deceiver.htm):
‘PAUL’ BOASTED THAT HE WAS EQUAL TO JESUS CHRIST
THE ANTICHRIST ‘PAUL’ BOASTED ” In nothing was I behind THE MOST EMINENT (JESUS CHRIST)…IN SIGNS AND WONDERS AND MIGHTY DEEDS ” (2 Cor. 12:11)
Here are the actual words Paul wrote; let us make them large, too:
“I am become a fool in glorying; you have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing [acknowledging it is Christ, not him]” (2 Corinthians 12:11 KJV).
Sherry changed “apostles” to “Jesus Christ,” a deliberate manipulation of the Scriptures with evil intent, to falsely accuse. By doing so, she transcends the transgression she charges Paul with, making herself not only equal to Christ, but His superior who changes what He says to suit her malevolence. That is satanic, anti-Christ.
Sherry’s website is a paean to her father the Devil. She frets about “the coming UFO invasion” as she “uncovers the alien agenda.” Here are the aliens she encounters, the Lord and His army in His Day and coming, which is now:
Joel 2:1-11 ESV
(1) Blow a trumpet in Zion; sound an alarm on my holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming; it is near,
(2) a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and thick darkness! Like blackness there is spread upon the mountains a great and powerful people; their like has never been before, nor will be again after them through the years of all generations.
(3) Fire devours before them, and behind them a flame burns. The land is like the garden of Eden before them, but behind them a desolate wilderness, and nothing escapes them.
(4) Their appearance is like the appearance of horses, and like war horses they run.
(5) As with the rumbling of chariots, they leap on the tops of the mountains, like the crackling of a flame of fire devouring the stubble, like a powerful army drawn up for battle.
(6) Before them peoples are in anguish; all faces grow pale.
(7) Like warriors they charge; like soldiers they scale the wall. They march each on his way; they do not swerve from their paths.
(8) They do not jostle one another; each marches in his path; they burst through the weapons and are not halted.
(9) They leap upon the city, they run upon the walls, they climb up into the houses, they enter through the windows like a thief.
(10) The earth quakes before them; the heavens tremble. The sun and the moon are darkened, and the stars withdraw their shining.
(11) The LORD utters His voice before His army, for His camp is exceedingly great; He Who executes His word is powerful. For the day of the LORD is great and very awesome; who can endure it?
The Angel continued, ‘Don’t seal the words of the prophecy of this book; don’t put it away on the shelf. Time is just about up. Let evildoers do their worst and the dirty-minded go all out in pollution, but let the righteous maintain a straight course and the holy continue on in holiness’” (Rev. 22:11 MSG).
June 21, 2017