Put Your Entire Trust in Him

From: Flora
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 3:18 PM
Subject: Greetings

Dear Victor And Paul,

I have spent a considerable number of hours reading articles on your site. My story in a nutshell: brought up in an ‘anything goes’ 1970’s household, who then in late teens wanted to get to know God and spent six months in a remote cottage reading the Bible and fasted for a week to repent, and then married a narcissistic psychopath who trampled my values and identity, then I asked for a divorce and he has severed my relationship with my four children and taken my property, and I have been ridiculed and discredited in court – I now find myself really trying to connect with the Almighty.

The world is so confusing, I have found some support in the Orthodox church in which I was baptised as an adult (my former husband is Ethiopian). A few months ago I even spent many an hour having my ears tickled by Joel Osteen, more recently I discovered David Middleton and Charles Price. Then I saw Lloyd Chin and Chris Lasala casting out demons on Youtube and started to wonder, since this was promised by Jesus Christ, why the churches I’ve been visiting do nothing of the sort. Then I spent a long time watching Derek Prince, who I was very impressed by, although I don’t know what I to make of speaking in tongues which I had only heard of in the New Testament…

It all feels like a bit of a minefield – these people are quoting scripture, making good points, reverencing Jesus, they seem sincere (ok, not Joel Osteen).

God has been very kind to me in my calamity. He has brought me out of a truly horrible pit and provided for me against the odds. I just feel that He must have a plan for me in all of this, but I don’t know what it is and I don’t know what I can do for my brainwashed and alienated children whose father won’t let me have any kind of contact.

I don’t really have a question, as such, I just suppose that you might have an angle for me to consider, or say a prayer for justice.

God bless you,

Flora

Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2016 6:57 AM
To: Flora
Subject: Re: Greetings

Hi Flora,

There’s a reason you married a “narcissistic psychopath” – you need to thank God for whatever you’ve experienced and suffered as a result, and you will if you’re walking in faith. Nothing happens to us that we don’t either need or deserve, and often both.

The faith from above is about recognizing and acknowledging God, Jesus Christ, as Sovereign and Lord of all – that nothing happens without Him.

“For all things were created in Him, the things in the heavens, and the things on the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers, all things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist” (Colossians 1:16-17 MKJV).

Keep reading on our site, especially the teachings. If you eat the Bread of Life from above and believe This Word of God we’ve been given, you’ll stop eating the spiritual junk food that never brings one to the knowledge of the Truth.

Victor

From: Flora
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2016 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: Greetings

Dear Paul and Victor,

Thank you for getting back to me. I read your teaching on acceptance and found it a comfort.

I worry about passivity though. All those years (16) I waited for God to do something about my husband, and when I finally took matters into my own hands the police and courts just laughed at me. I don’t say that seeking your pity, it is a genuine dilemma. If I just ‘go with the flow’ and my children end up in Ethiopia (which was always the long term plan) with my daughters forced to spend their lives married to ignorant tyrants, people saying ‘it’s all God’s plan’ will not wash.

God bless,

Flora

Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2016 7:01 AM
To: Flora
Subject: Re[3]: Greetings

Hi Flora,

Whether one acts or doesn’t act, it doesn’t result in life if it isn’t in faith. What is the Lord calling you to do? Do you know? How do you know your daughters don’t belong with their father, even should they move to Ethiopia? And how do you know what would happen there? Perhaps Ethiopia would turn out to be a better place for them than England. Did you know that God is finished with England – it’s going down the tubes as we speak?

If your children are children of faith, they’re in God’s hands no matter where He has them. How would Jacob have felt knowing his son Joseph was sold into slavery in a foreign land? Wasn’t that God’s plan, nevertheless? His sovereignty, wisdom, and care are evident in all things by faith.

If your children are of this world and you’re called to walk in faith, you need to let them go, leaving them to God’s judgment. The evil He does works good in the end – don’t you know that?

“And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28 ESV).

Victor

From: Flora
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2016 10:23 AM
Subject: Re: Re[3]: Greetings

Dear Paul and Victor,

Thank you for your email – what you say is all true, however as a mother, I’m sure you understand how painful it has been to have all contact severed, but I do take your point that they are ultimately God’s children (or not) and therefore, His responsibility.

Anyway I said that I was prepared to be tested like Job when I asked God to deliver me, so I must be as good as my word and trust in His will.

Many thanks,

Flora

Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2016 7:43 AM
To: Flora
Subject: Re[5]: Greetings

Put your entire trust in Him – He is the Faithful One.

Victor

From: Flora
Sent: July-09-16 7:48 AM
Subject: Re: Re[5]: Greetings

Thank you Victor, and I’d just like to say – having read a lot of your writings, and criticisms of you by others – that you appear to be misunderstood by many, no doubt because they expect Christians to spout sugary platitudes instead of uncomfortable truths.

All best,

Flora

I Don't Believe I Married a Believer. Now What?
My situation is this: For 5 years I dated someone who I really thought had a heart for God. However, now we are married, and I am seeing some fundamental belief differences... which I now equate with him not really being a Christian at all, but deceived. There is no fruit. Not only with him, but other churchgoers. He had said before we married that we would find a church together, but now he wants me to go to this church. I tried for a while, but my spirit cannot bear to hear these ear tickling messages. I cringe. So, I told him lovingly how I felt and we are now going to separate churches. Anyhow, when I pray out loud he gets angry and has even began swearing immediately afterward about "issues" that he sees with me. If I don't bring up spiritual things, we get along fine, and none of this posed a huge problem before. But living with him, I am seeing things I never saw before. I am praying for him every day, and I do believe that God is working in him... what do I do??? Biblically speaking?
Married Outside of God's Will – Now What?
There is no such thing as a problem that God hasn't ordained for good for the sake of all involved.
The Marriage Bed Undefiled
Contrary to those who do not have the Spirit of God, love does not find its zenith in the flesh, the physical bed, or even in a marriage. True love is not about sex and sleeping together. Therefore the custom of the husband and wife slumbering together is an unjustified burden, robbing the family of much good, contributing little more than two keeping warm more easily than one when it is cold. Love one another, trash vain and hurtful tradition, get some good sleep, rest, and enjoy one another afresh each day with energy, respect, and love.