To: The Path of Truth
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2016 2:16 PM
There is a lot of drama in the local church. I dont find too many serious enough to leave religion or politics to follow Christ. I’ve been doing ministry for almost 11 years now. I still do my own bible study.
Some preachers frown and look down on me for not being a church member. I do what I can right caring for an elderly widow. That’s a 365 day , 7 days a week job.
A local preacher and his church have been friendly and helpful. Yet I don’t agree entirely with how the local church pastor keeps preaching ecclesiastical yet still remains in a physical church.
I’ve done some blogs and shared some truth and it helped some. Seems like this church craze is an obsession for some tied to a physical place for weekly Sunday worship.
I been visiting a website truth central.info , it is interesting what this guy teaches. Politics controls many local churches. I came out from among them a long time ago.
Local college professors are way off base calling Christianity a creed.
I keep asking God to help me to focus on Him and not give in to pressures of local denominations. Baptists, Catholics and Jehovah witnesses control a lot of speech here.
From: Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 7:38 AM
Subject: Re: advice
Matt, your faith is not centered in God but in the power of men. You come off sounding like the Pharisee in Jesus’ parable (I’ve made adjustments here to help you get the picture):
Luke 18:10-14 MKJV
(10) Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a non-denominationalist, and the other a denominationalist.
(11) The non-denominationalist stood and prayed within himself in this way: God, I thank You that I am not as other men are, religious, sectarian, political, unserious and carnal, even like this denominationalist.
(12) I sponsor my own Bible study, minister to a widow, and resist the pressures of these religious to join the church craze.
(13) And standing afar off, the denominationalist would not even lift up his eyes to Heaven, but struck on his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner!
(14) I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself shall be abased, and he who humbles himself shall be exalted.
You’re focusing on men and their churches because you’re walking in your own righteousness. That’s why you compare others negatively to yourself according to your knowledge and works. Not good, Matt, not good enough at all for the Lord Jesus Christ. You need to get plugged into Him to get out of the negativity about others. Read How One Is Saved.
If one believes, he truly won’t be obsessed with what men do. He will know all that matters is what the Lord does, Who decides everything happening in Heaven and on earth. He is Lord of all.
Paul Cohen & Victor Hafichuk