Dealing with Depression From a Head Injury

From: Ronald
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2016 2:18 PM
Subject: Help

I am retired and by myself. I would like to help your ministry in some way. I am able to travel to you if need be. Let me know if I can be of some help to you. I am on a fixed income and it is all I need,so let me know if I can be of help.

—

Ronald

From: The Path of Truth
To: Ronald
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2016 3:19 PM
Subject: Re: Help

Hi Ronald,

Where are you from and what did you have in mind? Why do you want to help this ministry in particular? What have you found on our website?

Please understand, these are friendly, not suspicious questions. Just want to know more about you and where you’re coming from. Tell us about your spiritual background – your journey and life experiences, including practical skills.

Thank you – look forward to hearing back from you.

Victor

From: Ronald
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2016 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: Help

I asked the Lord Jesus to come into my life at the age of 18 and I am 64 now. I have always had a strong faith but could not reallly fit in to organized church. I just could not believe some doctrine like eternal hell. I went to bible college thinking God had called me into ministry but nothing happened after that. My work has been in the construction field but I feel I could be a help to a ministry in some practical way. I took an early retirement as I suffer from a depressive disorder. I don’t have a problem with this if I don’t try to work full time. But, I still have a strong desire to serve the Lord and after reading some of your lessons believe you have a good ministry.

From: The Path of Truth
To: Ronald
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2016 6:52 PM
Subject: Re: Help

Thanks, Ronald. Where do you live?

From: Ronald
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2016 4:03 AM
Subject: Re: Help

I live in Palo Verde,California

To: Ronald
Cc: Ronnie Tanner
Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2016 4:06 PM
Subject: Re[5]: Help

Hi Ronald,

Have you red this? Good Riddance to Depression

We’re located in Helena, MT, those running the website, whereas Victor and some of the other believers are in Lethbridge, Alberta, where Harvest Haven (www.HarvestHaven.com), the organic farm and store, are located.

To help us get to know each other better you could join us at the weekly Sabbath meetings, or at the Bible readings/meetings via telephone conference. Ronnie Tanner has upped your profile on the Forum to give you access to the Private section now, where you’ll find information and instructions on these meetings. Let us know if you have any questions.

Victor

From: Ronald
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2016 9:19 AM
Subject: Re: Re[5]: Help

Thank you for your reply. About the depressive disorder. When I was 3 years old I was hit by a car and the doctors said I would not live because of the severe head injury. I believe because of this injury, I have had many clinical depressions in my life. Now, I am not concerned much as I just don’t try to work a 40 hour week which seems to trigger the depression. Anyway, I have been enjoying reading the many teachings on your site and thank the Lord for them.

To: Ronald
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 11:33 AM
Subject: FW: Re[5]: Help

I wonder if there aren’t some simple physical things that can help you, Ronald, which I’m not suggesting in place of faith and prayer. It sounds like you’ve found a reasonable way to cope with your problem, but I’m sure there is more and better. Also check out God Heals Today, His Way and Mundane Matters of Importance.

Victor