In 2011, Victor wrote to Stella Paterson of https://www.ekklesia4him.net/:
…Where in Scripture do you find God sending forth women to speak and to teach men? Neither in the Old nor the New Testaments is it found to be. We have but one example in all the books of the Bible and thousands of years of history, that being Deborah, who served as a judge in Israel for a short time, and this at a time when Israel was in a dismal state with God and in bondage to the heathen around them.
Even there, however, Deborah gave place to Barak, who led the battle against Sisera, of which she had prophesied Barak should fight, and acquiesced to his decision of unbelief that she accompany him. “If you’re willing to back up your prophecy with your life by coming with me to the battle, I’ll go,” he was saying to her.
Why would not the Lord choose and send women? He simply didn’t. The 12 tribes of Israel were all of men, beginning with Reuben. It wasn’t as though Jacob had no daughters. God gave him Dinah, this to demonstrate that His will was to choose men and not women to lead. The prophets of the Scriptural books were all men.
The 12 apostles were all men. All ministering disciples in preaching and teaching were men. Ministers thereafter like Philip and Stephen, Barnabas, Silas, Timothy, Titus, and all the pastors, deacons and elders of the churches were men. The Gospels and letters were all by men, as was the Book of Revelation. Men appeared to John from Heaven, and angels were described in the masculine. Finally, James says:
“My brothers, do not be many teachers, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation” (James 3:1 MKJV).
Note: “My brothers…” not sisters, and not a generic term including both.
A common argument against the doctrine of only men assuming teaching and leadership roles erroneously uses Paul’s words that “in Christ there is neither male nor female, Jew nor Greek, slave nor free.” But the same man who spoke those inspired words also said:
1 Corinthians 14:34-36 MKJV
(34) Let your women be silent in the churches; for it is not permitted to them to speak, but to be in subjection, as the Law also says.
(35) And if they desire to learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home; for it is a shame for a woman to speak in a church.
(36) Or did the Word of God go out from you? Or did it reach only to you?
And: 1 Timothy 2:11-15 MKJV
(11) Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
(12) But I do not allow a woman to teach, or to exercise authority over a man, but to be in silence.
(13) For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
(14) And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
(15) But she will be kept safe through childbearing, if they continue in faith and love and holiness with sensibleness.
Stella, according to the Lord, you are out of place altogether in presuming to teach any and all. If brothers ought to be careful of how and what they teach, how much more should you refrain? If teachers who are men receive the greater condemnation for error, how much more women who aren’t even appointed to preach the truth?
Even if you were teaching true doctrine, it would not be acceptable to God. It isn’t your role or calling. However, we have also found considerable confusion in your teaching. You are preaching falsehood and misleading many. We call on you to repent, if perchance God might have mercy on you and your family, and revive you to live for Him, worshipping Him in spirit and in truth, and not according to the traditions and dictates of the harlot church, which has ruined many and which continues to do so by you. Even if you should be taken anyway, you ought to refrain from teaching, and especially teaching error. What profit is there in continuing evil?
Stella, if Satan has struck you, it is under the hand of God, even as Job was struck by Satan under God’s hand. But this was not appointed to prevent you from doing the will of God, as you surmise. Your illness is a direct cause of not doing God’s will, of walking contrary to it, whereby Satan is given license to destroy you.
Now, Job recovered and was prospered. Why? Unlike you, he was not struck for disobedience and presumption, teaching error. God said he was perfect, upright, eschewed evil and feared Him. God’s purpose for his chastening was that he be further enlightened, corrected, and brought into a new dimension in the Lord, out of his own righteousness, as exemplary as it was. We would hope the same for you!
If you believe our counsel of rebuke here, as substantiated in Scripture by many witnesses, who knows if God will not bring you out of your sickness? But if you don’t believe what we’re writing you now, you’ll be found in obdurate presumption and wrongdoing, and you will surely perish in your sickness unto death, that greater judgment of which James speaks.
You can feel free to forward your concerns to DrSusanHyatt@aol.com and DrEddieHyatt@gmail.com. But you should know that we are not interested in arguing or debating, as we have arrived at our theological positions after many years of intensive biblical, theological, and historical study in various universities and from a life-time of consecration in following our Lord Jesus and His Word. We understand the various views that people hold on a number of theological issues, including the issue of biblical womanhood, so we would suggest that you would be wasting your time and energy trying to persuade us of information we already know and have evaluated.
I could not find a mailing address on your web site. Are you in Canada?
Stella also wrote:
Victor, as you probably have figured out, I forwarded your email to my good friends, Eddie and Sue Hyatt. If you take up this issue with Eddie, he will be happy to respond in my stead. I cannot, and I refuse to enter into debate with you.
Victor, you have been blocked. No further emails will reach me.
Paul wrote to Susan Hyatt:
Susan, you write (https://godswordtowomen.org/choice.htm): “The Bible truth is that women are equal with men in terms of substance and value, privilege and responsibility, function and authority.”
No need to debate or to get into your highfalutin theological terminology here, but that is simply outright nonsense on any level, and totally invalidated by reality. What portion of life anywhere at any time doesn’t see differences in “privilege, responsibility, function, and authority”?
You teach a lie from the pit of Hell, which refuses submission to God’s given order that pervades our existence. The lie you speak promotes the independence of mankind, men and women both, and is the very heart of the Devil’s response to Christ: “Who are You to tell me what to do?!” No wonder Satan, who savors the things of men, teaches total equality to humanity – in the Name of Christ yet!
You tell us that you’ve come to your doctrinal positions by much theological study in the institutions of men. That’s precisely your problem. You have learned from men (Satan) and not from the Lord. The apostle Paul counted your education as dung because it kept him from Christ and the riches of knowing Him.
You esteem your education highly, calling yourselves “doctors” and being praised by men because you seek your own promotion and not the Lord’s glory or His Truth. Here is what He says of you, your education, and your positions:
“You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God” (Luke 16:15 MKJV).
According to your cherished and indisputable (by your dictate) doctrine, divine justice demands that you suffer eternal torment for your rejection of Christ and by making war against Him. What you have so readily accepted as merited for others, now you must face, according to that which you say cannot be debated. How do you like that? Are you ready for it?
My doctoral committee and other scholars who scrutinized my doctoral dissertation found no holes in the thesis or evidence. Sorry you are not open to the truth. Why are you so driven to correct others, including us, whom you don’t know? It makes one suppose you have a problem — with women? with yourself?? Is there any point in continuing our dialogue?
Susan, you ask us, “Why are you so driven to correct others, including us, whom you don’t know?” We know very well who and what you are, Susan. We know by your countenance, your fruits, your doctrines, and the fruit of your lips, just as Jesus directed:
Matthew 7:16-20 MKJV
(16) You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles?
(17) Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit.
(18) A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruits, nor can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
(19) Every tree that does not bring forth good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
(20) Therefore by their fruits you shall know them.
You transgress God’s ways and Law, countering the Scriptures that speak plainly and are provided for reproof, correction, and instruction for righteousness. But you have your agenda, don’t you, Susan? You would much sooner take the counsel of “doctors,” historians, and men wise in their own eyes. After all, you don’t stand a chance against wisdom from above. Replace His Law with your own preferences, will you?
Matthew 15:3-11 MKJV
(3) But He answered and said to them, Why do you also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
(4) For God commanded, saying, “Honor your father and mother”; and, “He who speaks evil of father or mother, let him die by death.”
(5) But you say, Whoever says to his father or mother, Whatever you would gain from me, It is a gift to God;
(6) and in no way he honors his father or his mother. And you voided the commandment of God by your tradition.
(7) Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying,
(8) “This people draws near to Me with their mouth, and honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me.
(9) But in vain they worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.”
(10) And He called the crowd and said to them, Hear and understand.
(11) Not that which goes into the mouth defiles a man; but that which comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.
We know you by your defiling fruits, Susan.
Who cares about your doctoral committee, history analysts, and scholars? Here’s what God says about them:
1 Corinthians 1:18-25 MKJV
(18) For the preaching of the cross is foolishness to those being lost, but to us being saved, it is the power of God.
(19) For it is written, “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and I will set aside the understanding of the perceiving ones.”
(20) Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the lawyer of this world? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
(21) For since, in the wisdom of God, the world by wisdom did not know God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save those who believe.
(22) For the Jews ask for a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom;
(23) but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block, and to the Greeks foolishness.
(24) But to them, the called-out ones, both Jews and Greeks, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God.
(25) Because the foolish thing of God is wiser than men, and the weak thing of God is stronger than men.
Suppose all you want about faulting us and how we have a problem with women. We will prove otherwise, and we will certainly show you that to which your doctors and scholars are blind, deaf, and dumb.
“Is there any point in continuing our dialogue,” you ask? Indeed, there can be a great point. Send us your material that supports your stance on women and we will (Lord willing) show you your error and that of your allies, who are nothing more than pompous, worldly-educated fools in God’s sight. We will show you, them, and the world by Scripture your error and evil ways.
But are you interested? We highly doubt it. You would prefer to slay the Stella Patersons of the world, silly women laden with sins. You would prefer to empower and glorify yourself before men, no matter that you should discredit and grieve God, in Whose Name you and your high and mighty doctors speak and write. “Wives, submit to your husbands,” you change to “Husband, submit to me!” You and Eddy certainly aren’t equals; you are mistress and he is the dutiful eunuch servant. The Lord has shown us your ways and we will prove it.
Are you confident of your stance, Susan, or can you be afraid that your Day of Judgment has come? Send us your case and we will see by the Light of the Lord what is of Him and what is not. If you don’t send us your case, we may, Lord willing, proceed without your cooperation.
Victor and Paul
Susan wrote back:
Send a mailing address, please. I will be happy to send you my material.
And then asked:
Why are you so hateful?
No hate here whatsoever for you or Eddy or Stella or anyone else. But we do hate what we see you doing. Still, send us the material and we will, Lord willing, look into it. We would appreciate if you sent it by email so that we can work with it on the computer. Links to articles or Word documents would be fine. Is that not possible? If not, then hard copy and snail mail it is.
We sent her our address, Susan mailed us the materials, and here we are six years later, to the month.