We received this response from the editor of Growing in Grace Magazine to What the Lord Has to Say About “A Jesus Manifesto”:
How did you get my email address to send this to me?
Whatever you are trying to proclaim here would be better left between you and these gentlemen. I happen to be friends with Leonard and Frank and I do not agree with your thoughts in this letter. Please do not spam my email box with your agenda.
Why do you assume we are not friends to Frank and Leonard?
Your spiritual fathers also called the Word of the Lord “spam.” Here is His Record of the matter:
Isaiah 30:8-14 GNB
(8) God told me to write down in a book what the people are like, so that there would be a permanent record of how evil they are.
(9) They are always rebelling against God, always lying, always refusing to listen to the LORD’s teachings.
(10) They tell the prophets to keep quiet. They say, “Don’t talk to us about what’s right. Tell us what we want to hear. Let us keep our illusions.
(11) Get out of our way and stop blocking our path. We don’t want to hear about your holy God of Israel.”
(12) But this is what the holy God of Israel says: “You ignore what I tell you and rely on violence and deceit.
(13) You are guilty. You are like a high wall with a crack running down it; suddenly you will collapse.
(14) You will be shattered like a clay pot, so badly broken that there is no piece big enough to pick up hot coals with or to dip water from a cistern.”
If you were a true friend of Frank and Leonard, you would urge them to consider the truth we have spoken against their evil ways, that they might repent. But being in the same evil as they are, and wanting to preserve your life, you dare not face the truth yourself. You are a Christian in name only. You have nothing to do with Jesus Christ.
In reply to your question, the answer to the manifesto was sent to people and websites that commented on the subject matter.
The prophets of the Lord were sent not only to the doers and speakers of evil, but also to the hearers, as when Elijah met before the people of Israel to confront the 450 prophets of Baal. The hearers there were also heeding false teachers and counting them as “friends.” Even the royalty of that day counted them as friends and legitimate messengers of God.
But you, in your damnable self-righteous disagreement, condemn God for sending Elijah to publically confront the evildoers who diverted His people from serving Him.
Your condemnation of us for publically answering the manifesto is hypocritical. Frank originally “spammed” us with his agenda, emailing the manifesto to us, and to many others, unsolicited. We can rightly call the manifesto “his agenda,” because we have proven it is not God’s agenda. As we have shown, it is antiChrist.
We are not sorry at all that he sent it to us, though. We are very thankful for the opportunity and great privilege of speaking Light into darkness.
The same goes here for your letter, which exposes you by your false “Christian” measures and ways.