Sent: Friday, January 8, 2016 10:00 PM
Subject: Eternal or Everlasting
I saw your discussion about eternal hell in the title “The True Meaning of Forever, Everlasting and Hell”.
In it you make attempts at proving that everlasting does not mean forever and ever. So tell me what to make of Jesus’ words in John 3:16 when he says God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in him has eternal life. If eternal does not mean forever and ever then what exactly is Jesus saying in this verse.
Are you saying when scripture talks of punishment for eternity it doesn’t mean that but that when we read about eternal life we can beleieve that means forever and ever? I am quite confused by what you write.
From: Victor Hafichuk
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2016 6:56 AM
Subject: Re: Eternal or Everlasting
“Eternal life,” Charles, is a quality of life, not quantity. Notice that there’s no such thing as “eternal death” in the Scriptures.
The Lord said to one man, “Follow Me; and let the dead bury their dead” (Matthew 8:22). There are those living in this world who are dead because they don’t have eternal life. They are dead to God. That’s you; you’re dead, and that’s why you don’t understand these things. You’ve been born of the flesh, but not of the Spirit:
John 3:1-6 MKJV
(1) And there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews.
(2) He came to Jesus by night and said to Him, Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God; for no man can do these miracles which you do unless God is with him.
(3) Jesus answered and said to him, Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless a man is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.
(4) Nicodemus said to Him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb and be born?
(5) Jesus answered, Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless a man is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.
(6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
“It is the Spirit that makes alive, the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit and are life” (John 6:63 MKJV).
There’s more on this matter in Satan’s Redemption (do a search – control F – on “perfectly punished”), which by opposing it in your indoctrination, you oppose your own redemption.