Lynn Harbaugh responded to A Curse on the Betrayal of Canada:
Oh, Victor, "Let them be cursed of God…..Curs…..Somali Pirates"??? This simply is not acceptable to use your business e-mails to further political views. I find this extremely distasteful, not at all what Jesus has called any of us to. I’m sorry to say that I must request you take my name from your e-mail list.
Have you never heard of God (Jesus Christ) cursing anyone?
(5) For My sword bathed in the heavens. Behold, it shall come down on Edom, and on the people of My curse for judgment.
(6) The sword of the LORD is filled with blood; it is made fat with fatness, with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams; for the LORD has a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Edom.
(7) And the wild oxen shall come down with them, and the bulls with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.
(8) For it is the day of the LORD’s vengeance, the year to repay for the fighting against Zion.
You happen to be coming against Zion (God’s people), Lynn; therefore a curse is on you, according to this Scripture.
And are you not aware that God has had His servants curse? Here it is right in front of you in God’s Word:
(13) And these shall stand on Mount Ebal to curse: Reuben, Gad, and Asher, and Zebulun, Dan, and Naphtali.
(14) And the Levites shall speak and say to all the men of Israel with a loud voice,
(15) Cursed is the man that makes any graven or molten image, an abomination to the LORD, the work of the hands of the craftsman, and puts it in a secret place. And all the people shall answer and say, Amen.
(16) Cursed is he who thinks lightly of his father or his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen.
(17) Cursed is he who removes his neighbor’s landmark. And all the people shall say, Amen.
(18) Cursed is he who makes the blind to wander out of the way. And all the people shall say, Amen.
(19) Cursed is he who perverts the judgment of the stranger, fatherless, and widow. And all the people shall say, Amen.
(20) Cursed is he who lies with his father’s wife, because he uncovers his father’s skirt. And all the people shall say, Amen.
(21) Cursed is he who lies with any kind of animal. And all the people shall say, Amen.
(22) Cursed is he who lies with his sister, the daughter of his father or the daughter of his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen.
(23) Cursed is he who lies with his mother-in-law. And all the people shall say, Amen.
(24) Cursed is he who strikes his neighbor secretly. And all the people shall say, Amen.
(25) Cursed is he who takes reward to kill an innocent person. And all the people shall say, Amen.
(26) Cursed is he who does not confirm all the words of this Law, to do them. And all the people shall say, Amen.
Bob Rae, Dion, Duceppe, Layton, and others are all guilty of the bolded portions of that passage of Scripture, off the top; they are also guilty of more.
The apostle Paul also had a curse for those who had it coming:
Galatians 1:8-9 MKJV
(8) But even if we or an angel from Heaven preach a gospel to you beside what we preached to you, let him be accursed.
(9) As we said before, and now I say again, If anyone preaches a gospel to you beside what you have received, let him be accursed.
There are several such examples in the Bible, so with whom do you have your controversy? Is it with Victor, one who merely reads and believes the Bible, or with God, Who wrote it? You see, Lynn, you do not speak of or worship the Jesus of the Bible, but another, one whose person and character is notl in agreement with the One of Scripture. Paul also identified him, the popular but false Jesus:
“For if, indeed, the one coming proclaims another Jesus, whom we have not proclaimed, or if you receive another spirit, which you did not receive, or another gospel, which you never accepted, you might well endure these” (2 Corinthians 11:4 MKJV).
So now that I have proven you wrong, not by my own opinion (which is of little value), but by God’s Word, do you still want off the mailing list?
As for your charge that it is “not acceptable to use our business e-mails to further political views,” I have this to say:
This is not merely a political view. It is a curse of God on sinful motivation and behavior (He knows the hearts; do you?), which is well over the political. If you find it distasteful, know that you find Jesus Christ and His will and ways distasteful. You know why? He said this:
“No one can serve two masters. For either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will hold to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon” (Matthew 6:24 MKJV).
Which will it be, Lynn? Will it be speaking for God in the midst of or instead of business, or will it be as you propose, clinging to that which is “tasteful” at His expense? See, did I not tell you that you worship another Jesus, one other than the Biblical One?
He also despises the mush of your youtube song, cellibelle. I speak for and by Him; therefore I know these things. Just so you know. You have much to consider.
Click HERE to go back to the Notice Board.