Partying “Down Under,” Mega Church Style
This trio of false teachers from Australia present Christianity as one happy way to get whatever you want in life. You deserve it and you can do it – just follow their examples of positive confession guided by avaricious worldliness. And God forbid, don't take seriously what the Lord Jesus Christ and His apostles teach and exemplify by their lives. Behold the anti-Christ in all his glory before men, and shame before God.
“The Master, GOD-of-the-Angel-Armies, called out on that Day, called for a day of repentant tears, called you to dress in somber clothes of mourning. But what do you do? You throw a party! Eating and drinking and dancing in the streets! You barbecue bulls and sheep, and throw a huge feast– slabs of meat, kegs of beer. ‘Seize the day! Eat and drink! Tomorrow we die!’” (Isaiah 22:12-13 MSG)
We received this note in response to our False Teachers list:
You need to study into Australia
Victor and Paul’s response:
Thank you for your letter. Can you tell us why you’d like us to look into these sites and ministries? Are there particular problems you see or have experienced with them? And why would you think we should be the ones looking into them? Are we the only ones you’ve asked for judgment, or are there others?
We’d like to hear from you.
Hi there Victor
As you aware in these times, we see more and more false teachers around bringing in alluring, destructive teachings etc.
Both my husband and myself have been involved with the said ministries both as a congregation and leadership level and had to leave due to what we experinced, saw and heard.
The sad part is, these ministries are all currently on a massive worldwide campaign to try to get other ministries to change to theirs and so be a global movement with only the few at the head so to speak.
We have contacted other ministries such as yourselves and believe that once heard by others as yourselves, the errors will be evident.
Regards and blessings in Christ
Victor and Paul’s response:
Hi Rose, Paul here,
Though we’ve been extremely busy, Victor has written up something on each of the three ministries you sent us. The Lord provides! See what you think. We’d like to hear your feedback.
Brian Houston: www.hillsong.com.au
“Pastors” Brian and Bobbie Houston? Since when do we find husband and wife pastor teams and ministries in the Scriptures? When did this custom and strategy arise that there should be married couples as shepherds of God’s flocks, smiling and laughing, apparently full of marital bliss and harmony, a custom that has taken Pleasure Christianity by storm, full of adultery and every vile thing going on behind “Christian” curtains? But then, anything goes with Pleasure Christianity, lovers of pleasures par excellence.
It’s no surprise to Heaven’s inhabitants that anything goes with these people. These are the last-day mockers and scoffers. These are the fools that say, “There is no God.” Yes, you red that right – in all their ways, the Houstons say, “There is no God.”
Brian and Bobbie state quite unequivocally where their faith is. Their first introductory mention of belief is: “We believe in people – we believe in their potential and we believe in their amazing capacity to influence the world with good.”
What does Jesus say? He says things these people don’t want to hear:
“And He said to him, Why do you call Me good? There is none good but one, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments” (Matthew 19:17 MKJV).
What does God say about man? It isn’t very nice, but it’s true:
“As it is written: There is none righteous, no not one; there is none that understands, there is none that seeks after God. They are all gone out of the way, they have together become unprofitable, there is none that does good, no, not one. Their throat is an open grave, with their tongues they have used deceit, the poison of asps is under their lips; whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness; their feet are swift to shed blood; destruction and misery are in their way, and the way of peace they did not know. There is no fear of God before their eyes” (Romans 3:10-18 MKJV).
But knowing and acknowledging the truth about yourself sets you on the way to being free:
“And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:32 MKJV).
To the Houstons and so many such “ministries,” people bring glory and wealth. Gathering people to themselves is what their work is all about. Flatter them, Houstons, because you have faith in their longing for fulfillment and naïvety. This is the brazen harlot of Proverbs 7 hard at work, snaring and killing. It is the work of Mystery, Babylon the Great, the Mother of Harlots.
So flatter the world, Houstons and company, you who prostitute the things of God, selling Him for silver and gold, fame and glory. Go on, Brian and Bobbie, be the gloriously joyous, friendly, comely people the world loves and is attracted to, and make your followers as yourselves. These are the things of success, aren’t they?
“These are the things of God,” you say.
We say it’s all adult male bovine dung.
Luke 17:26-29 MKJV
(26) And as it was in the days of Noah, so it also shall be in the days of the Son of Man.
(27) They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; and the flood came and destroyed them all.
(28) So also as it was in the days of Lot: they ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built;
(29) but the day Lot went out of Sodom, it rained fire and brimstone from the heaven and destroyed them all.
But you have discovered the secrets of the Kingdom of God, have you? We’ll see.
Do these people realize what they’re doing? Do they honestly believe what they do is worshipping God in spirit and in truth? Do they really believe God is impressed? Do they honestly think this is the way things should be?
I stand amazed at what a contrast there is between their spirits, attitudes, and actions, and those of the saints in Scripture. How can it be they don’t see? Why can’t they tell black from white? This is a mystery indeed. The Bible calls it the mystery of lawlessness:
“For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work. Only he who now restrains it will do so until he is out of the way” (2 Thessalonians 2:7 ESV).
Is it any wonder death and Hell now come storming in over the earth? Is it any wonder that the earth is set for judgment of God, such as has never been till now and will never be again? Is it any wonder the Muslim scourge hastens to destroy the West and its “Christianity” in the name of their vicious god, Allah, whom people like the Houstons often believe to be the same God as that of the Hebrews and of Jesus Christ?
The sword, pestilence, famine, and wild beast come to destroy, while these people paint their faces, dance, and smile their lives away, pretending to have the peace and joy of Christ, living His victory. It’s a sham, people; it’s a terrible sham.
“And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie, so that all those who do not believe the truth, but delight in unrighteousness, might be condemned” (2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 MKJV).
Who can defy the Lord and His power to delude? His power to do this work amazes me. Yet I know that only by His grace have I escaped.
Yes, the Houstons and their people are very human, with all the feelings, wishes, desires, imaginations, hopes, and dreams all people in the world are naturally inclined to have. What they don’t realize is that God isn’t after fulfilling them in their humanness. He’s after godliness.
God isn’t in the business of making people happy on earth. He’s in the business of bringing sons to glory, formed in His image, with the nature from Heaven, holy children that stand out like sore thumbs in the world, for which cause the world will hate, not love, them. God’s not interested in making things comfortable for the people of earth:
“Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and those tabernacling in them. Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and in the sea! For the Devil came down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has but a little time” (Revelation 12:12 MKJV).
The Houstons and countless people like them rarely, if ever, mention such verses as that one. They don’t warn of sin. They don’t urge repentance, fasting, and prayer. They don’t believe in rebuke and reproof, in the rod of correction. They don’t make an issue of confession of sin. They don’t dare make this world and the habitation of their flesh uncomfortable. Sackcloth and ashes are nowhere on their agenda. These things are the farthest of all from their minds. The cross of Christ is abomination to these children of the flesh and Devil.
After all, they have the victory – they have discovered the latest and greatest secrets of God, so they think. They believe in false love – Satan’s last stronghold. We’re talking the lovely essence of Satan. Folks, party time it’s not.
Oh Lord, how can and why should these things be? And yet, so You have ordained all these things in Your wisdom. And You hurt with those who destroy themselves.
I clicked on Hillsong Music and Hillsong UNITED. So what’s the difference between the iniquity and pleasure indulgence of the world and Hillsong? Answer: Not a thing, except that Hillsong is worse, taking the Name of the Lord in vain. These presentations are of Sodom and Gomorrah – entirely demonic. Satan chuckles with glee.
I click on Hillsong Kids BIG. Did the prophets, Jesus, and His disciples make Bible-teaching “fun”? Did they appeal to, and come to, the world on the world’s terms, or on Heaven’s terms? Did they resort to play-acting in lightheartedness and foolishness, or did they shout, “Repent!”? Can you imagine these people ever saying what Jesus said to His own disciples and those gathered around Him:
Luke 13:1-5 MKJV
(1) And some were present at the same time reporting to Him of the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices.
(2) And answering, Jesus said to them, Do you suppose that these Galileans were sinners above all the Galileans because they suffered such things?
(3) I tell you, No. But unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.
(4) Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were sinners above all men who lived in Jerusalem?
(5) I tell you, No. But unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.
Those at Hillsong aren’t humble and pious saints washed in the blood of the Lamb; they are sinners soaked and frolicking in sin and enjoying it while preaching, singing, and praying in the Name of Jesus.
“What’s wrong with this?” they protest. “We’re praising Jesus! What’s the matter with you?”
It is abomination in God’s sight, and these people in their enjoyable delusion unwittingly rush to the judgment of God. They are in for rude awakenings.
I clicked on Shine. Are you a child of darkness? Get some light in your life. For $200, buy yourself a Shine Kit. What’s that? In their words, it’s “a collection of personal development mentoring tools with an inspirational, practical and experiential approach to learning. Sessions aim to develop a strong sense of personal identity, confidence and hope.”
How technical and intelligent! How businesslike! Peter and John went out selling Shine Kits, did they? And the Sanhedrin got really upset with them. Paul and Silas sold Lydia a Shine Kit (Acts 16). Lydia gave up her revenues from selling purple to buy the secrets to life from the apostles.
Do none of you know the Bible or its Author? People! How can you be so deceived? I must remind myself that I could also be there, if the Lord hadn’t saved me. Are you saved? If you believe the Houston Hooey, you aren’t – believe me, you aren’t. And the Houstons aren’t the only ones like this by any means. It is a plague of the wickedness of Sodom and Gomorrah covering the earth.
In the Lord, by His wisdom, knowledge, and discernment, we could take apart everything in Hillsong. Have we spent enough time and told you enough to at least make you consider, to repent, and to run to the Lord for safety? Will you accept a broken spirit, a broken and contrite heart, in place of a filthy, vain, proud, and selfish one?
“The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise” (Psalms 51:17 MKJV).
We hope this instruction will expose to some the fallacy of these works of men, the paths of the destroyer (Psalm 17:4). In the love of God, we admonish, rebuke, and direct for good. But who will listen? “Lord, who will believe our report?”
No doubt, to the Houstons and such people as these, we’re the cynical, legalistic, critical, self-righteous, morose Pharisees, judging and laying heavy burdens on people, jealous of their fun while thinking to please God by our somber religiosity. People, we aren’t that way, believe us – we know the true victory of the Lord and the Way to it, to Him. We know what we’re talking about, and what you find at Hillsong is the pit of corruption, the comely playground of Hell, not the Holy Kingdom of Heaven at all. It’s the work of fiends, smiling, apparently nice fiends, but fiends – angels of light – sporting themselves in the Name of the Lord. Oh, the Hell of it!
If Hillsong isn’t a den of iniquity, nothing is. Houses of prostitution and gambling houses are better; those indulging in dog fights, cock fights, orgies, and drug parties are better off – they make no pretense of godliness; they don’t take on themselves the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ in vain, as do these.
Or do they? Can one tell any more? Haven’t people like “Pastors” Brian and Bobbie Houston, the Bentleys, Hinns, Johnsons, Joyners, and so many others blurred the line terribly between good and evil and right and wrong, godliness and worldliness? Though children of darkness can’t tell the difference, Houstons’ nakedness is there for God, the angels, and all the saints to see.
Dear reader, unless you repent of their ways and stay far away from them, you are doomed to plagues and destruction.
Revelation 18:1-8 MSG
(1) Following this I saw another Angel descend from Heaven. His authority was immense, his glory flooded earth with brightness,
(2) his voice thunderous: Ruined, ruined, Great Babylon, ruined! A ghost town for demons is all that’s left! A garrison of carrion spirits, garrison of loathsome carrion birds.
(3) All nations drank the wild wine of her whoring; kings of the earth went whoring with her; entrepreneurs made millions exploiting her.
(4) Just then I heard another shout out of Heaven: Get out, My people, as fast as you can, so you don’t get mixed up in her sins, so you don’t get caught in her doom.
(5) Her sins stink to high Heaven; God has remembered every evil she’s done.
(6) Give her back what she’s given, double what she’s doubled in her works, double the recipe in the cup she mixed;
(7) Bring her flaunting and wild ways to torment and tears. Because she gloated, “I’m queen over all, and no widow, never a tear on my face,”
(8) In one day, disasters will crush her– death, heartbreak, and famine– Then she’ll be burned by fire, because God, the Strong God Who judges her, has had enough.
Garry McDonald: www.metro.org.au
On Garry McDonald’s website, I went to their intro video with Garry and his wife, Kasey . In an invitation to their church, they say (emphasis mine):
“We have what we call a concierge service so when you want someone to meet you when you come for your visit [to our church], we can arrange that to happen and they can host you, or if you just want to come and fly under the radar, you can do that as well – whatever makes you feel comfortable. And whatever makes you feel comfortable is what we’re all about, so, ah, love to see you at church sometime soon. Enjoy the website. God bless you heaps. See ya.”
Then, accessing their Virtual Tour, we find more of the typical marketing ploys of the world. In their sales pitch, they liken their auditorium to a theater, and promote all the services, advantages, and comforts of attendance and membership at their church.
So this isn’t about God, worship, and prayer. It’s not about godliness, holiness, and piety. It’s not about ministering to the lost and broken. It’s not about repentance and sounding the warning to sinners. It’s not about the Gospel. It’s about fun, pleasure, enjoyment, entertainment, comfort, and social benefits. This isn’t about Jesus Christ. It’s about Baal and Ashtoreth, about heroes and goddesses of pleasure and carnal satisfactions. This is a daytime nightclub, a social club with a religious flavor, if even having that. This isn’t a congregation of God.
At Metro TV, Garry defined prophecy and described it as having the power, by the spoken word, to make things happen in the future. So to him, it isn’t a matter of the Holy Spirit speaking through a person and giving revelation of that which exists, though outwardly hidden, or of foretelling events to come that are presently unknown. No, according to Garry, it’s the making of events by foretelling them, speaking them into existence. This, I say, is presumptuous and a dangerous, misleading, tempting concept. Who among us, as men in the flesh, wouldn’t want to make things happen simply by speaking?
Certainly, we impact people by our words, whether positive or negative. Certainly, we can heal or hurt by our words. But prophecy isn’t about choosing certain things to occur and then speaking them into existence. If that’s what Garry’s saying, he’s gravely mistaken. This is typical “Word Faith” doctrine, as taught by William Branham, Kenneth Hagin, Kenneth and Gloria Copeland, Creflo and Taffi Dollar, and so many other self-styled, self-appointed ministers of God, using the Lord Jesus Christ for their own glory and gain.
Perhaps some sincerely think to be serving the Lord while preaching this doctrine. Perhaps they think this is true worship. If you do, it’s because you’re deceived. Prophecy isn’t private or self-manufactured. It’s the gift of God – speech of God by a vessel He chooses, in the method and time He chooses, by revelation and inspiration.
Jesus said that without the Father, He could do nothing. He said that as His Father worked, so He worked. He didn’t say He could do or speak or create anything He pleased because the Father was with Him. The Father was with Him and heard Him because He did what the Father pleased. These ministries have presumed to replace Jesus Christ on the throne by their will, instead of being seated on it with Him according to His will. The Bible calls that anti-Christ (instead of Christ).
Garry McDonald, you and your wife are in great error and blasphemy, following the tradition of Jezebel. Repent, or it won’t go well for you, to put it mildly.
Rodney Gilchrist: www.dreamcentre.com.au
I went to Rodney Gilchrist’s site and watched the introductory video, where Rodney was speaking.
Immediately obvious was the show biz entertainment hype with stage, lights, band, and music – Satan’s latest trend in the world. The resident harlot cries out at the top of the street, bidding all a comfortable dream experience. Dear readers, I can tell you that every word Rodney Gilchrist speaks is straight from the mouth of the dragon, the serpent, tempting, tantalizing, promising, and deceiving. The dragon speaks through his harlot wife, Mystery.
Don’t let the use of Scripture deceive you. Satan knows and uses it masterfully. Think of the Lord’s temptations in the wilderness.
Rodney begins by quoting a worldly notion, “The best way to protect the future is to create it.” Wherever does anyone find such doctrine in Scripture or that kind of philosophy preached by any man of God? Clearly these people don’t know Who God is or His will and ways. It’s hard to imagine they bother opening a Bible.
To Rodney and company, it’s not about the Kingdom of God, but about establishing, promoting, and expanding a social club where everybody belongs, feels comfortable, has a good time, and brings others to join – the more, the merrier. I’m reminded of a time when health spas were taking the country by storm. The promotional hype was no different. They were recruiting members the same way. The only difference I see here is that Rodney & Co. attach the Lord’s Name to their operation.
Gilchrist claims they have a mandate from God to fulfill people’s dreams. He also says it’s his personal commitment to the audience to do so. Presumption and impudence toward God or what?! On what basis does he claim to have a Heavenly mandate from Jesus Christ? Why should anyone believe his “personal commitment”?
People, these are not churches. These are establishments of revelry; these are “dream centers,” whorehouses, filled with sights and sounds, in the red light district of the spiritual realm, for sure. These aren’t places of true worship of God and prayer to Him at all – far from it.
Let it be known that all those attending these places are johns, and those who run them, pimps and prostitutes. They commit adultery, whoredoms, and fornication, every last one of them. If there is a seeker of God and of truth in their midst, I urge you to run out the closest exit for your life, without saying good-bye or turning back. Believe me! Consider Lot’s wife if you’ve had any call from the Lord to walk away.
“Your dream is our passion and all that we have is yours,” the pimp proclaims.
How does he know what anyone’s dream is or if they should even have one? Is it God’s will or isn’t it? But Rodney plans to make his dream yours while pretending to make your dream his, when he doesn’t even know what yours is. You can bet he knows what his is. It’s to sucker you into something he claims to be of God, to salve your conscience, to make you a part of his own glory and kingdom. Isn’t that so, Rodney? Isn’t that the plan?
Who is Rodney to guarantee fulfilled dreams? And does Jesus Christ talk about dreams? Do He and His disciples promise fulfilled dreams? What are “dreams” about, anyway? Aren’t these the things of the world, things that need to be renounced, torn down, forsaken, and crucified? Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ has nothing to do with fulfilling dreams.
“This is the church we see,” Rodney says, “a church that accepts you, loves you wherever you are from, whatever you’ve done, and always lifts you up to believe in and fulfill God’s best for your life.” In effect, he says, “Never mind sin, and don’t worry about repentance. We love you anyway!” How does that wide-open loving invitation stack up with John the Immerser who said to the multitudes coming to him?:
Luke 3:7-9 MKJV
(7) Then he said to the crowd that came forth to be baptized by him, O generation of vipers! Who has warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
(8) Therefore bring forth fruits worthy of repentance, and do not begin to say within yourselves, We have Abraham for our father. For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones.
(9) And now also the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bring forth good fruit is cut down and cast into the fire.
This religious organization promises it will make great workers and evangelists of everyone who joins. How so? Doesn’t God have a say in the calling of any individual to Christ? Does Rodney Gilchrist call the shots in God’s Kingdom? There’s no recognition of God’s sovereignty. That’s because God is nowhere to be found at the Dream Centre. This is a kingdom built in His Name, but has nothing to do with Him. Rodney sees a church that worships “another Jesus” and preaches another gospel:
“For if, indeed, the one coming proclaims another Jesus, whom we have not proclaimed, or if you receive another spirit, which you did not receive, or another gospel, which you never accepted, you might well endure these” (2 Corinthians 11:4 MKJV).
Matthew 7:21-23 MKJV
(21) Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven.
(22) Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your Name, and through Your Name throw out demons, and through Your Name do many wonderful works?
(23) And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness!
The Dream Centre is the Devil’s playground, and his playground is filled with fornicators made in the image of Mystery, Babylon the Great, the mother of harlots. You don’t believe me? Try to imagine the congregations of the Scriptures (name any one of them) representing themselves to the world as does the Dream Centre. What a name for a congregation of Spirit-filled, crucified with Christ, broken and contrite hearts and spirits!
Is Rodney calling for repentance? Is he calling for those who would follow the Lord to take up the cross? Is he calling for faith and obedience? No, there isn’t a hint of any of the most crucial elements of Christ and the Gospel. The only thing you need to bring with you, when you come to the Dream Centre, is your carnal self, and the only condition you need to meet is to join. How’s that for “free grace”?
What would happen to these people if sudden tragedy or bloody persecution swept their area? Do these people suffer persecution? No, and here’s why:
“Yea, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted. But evil men and seducers will go forward to worse, deceiving and being deceived” (2 Timothy 3:12-13 MKJV).
We speak to warn you all of falsehood parading as Christian godliness. We write you to give you understanding so you can perceive the difference between good and evil. By God’s grace, our instruction will profit you.
“Then you shall again see the difference between the righteous and the wicked, between him who serves God, and him who does not serve Him” (Malachi 3:18 MKJV).
Gilchrist says, “We see a church reflecting God’s Word in an atmosphere of excitement and anticipation through dynamic and practical preaching using the latest technologies and multimedia productions to create life, energy and colour in an environment that presents the Bible in a fresh and powerful way, while always directing people to believe for and expect positive outcomes in every situation. A church that sings contemporary, expressive and passionate songs focusing exclusively on bringing people into unity and drawing them to connect with God and discover Heaven’s answers for their lives.”
What a mouthful! That’s a tall promise, and false altogether! Can you imagine the apostles putting out massive advertising to promote themselves as “dynamic” preachers? Here’s what Paul said of his own preaching:
1 Corinthians 2:1-5 MKJV
(1) And I, brothers, when I came to you, did not come with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring to you the testimony of God.
(2) For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
(3) And I was with you in weakness and in fear, and in much trembling.
(4) And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
(5) so that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
Rodney Gilchrist hasn’t red his Bible:
“And He said to them, You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God” (Luke 16:15 MKJV).
1 Corinthians 1:26-29 MKJV
(26) For you see your calling, brothers, that not many wise men according to the flesh are called, not many mighty, not many noble.
(27) But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
(28) and God has chosen the base things of the world, and things which are despised, and things which are not, in order to bring to nothing things that are;
(29) so that no flesh should glory in His presence.
Of course, the carnal man will have his explanations of these Scriptures. He won’t let a little thing like the properly interpreted, rightly divided Word of God stand in his way.
“In Jesus Christ was life, and He was the Light of men,” doesn’t count with Rodney. According to him, life is created by “latest technologies and multimedia productions.” God is nowhere around. It’s all up to Rodney and the Dream Centre to make things happen, whether God likes it or not. They’ll achieve everyone’s dreams with technology, multimedia, color, musical talent, and dynamic preaching.
He goes on: “We see a church with dynamic children and youth programs, practical training and ‘high energy fun’ in secure modern facilities and a safe environment with acceptance and friendship… a place where everyone can call home.” After these words, people are displayed, not with the peace and joy of the Lord, but with the enjoyment and spirit of the world.
The message is, “Here’s where to have fun and be no different from the rest of the world in terms of seeking pleasures. We just clean up the pleasures, that’s all. No nature change here. God’s too boring. He’s a drag. We need to spice things up for the flesh if we ever expect to attract and expand.”
He goes on: “We see a church built around the Lordship of Jesus Christ, prioritizing people’s personal relationships with God, while encouraging strong relationships and social interaction. Where there’s opportunity for everybody to not just belong, but to serve and share with one another in an atmosphere of common purpose and destiny… a successful, joyful people ready to receive the rewards of their labor and hear the words, ‘Well done good and Faithful Servant.’ And finally, we see a church that is made better because of you.”
They post pictures, albeit briefly, of scantily dressed girls, ladies of the world. Their clothing style has a lot of latitude. Is it any wonder the Dream Centre is a thriving recreation facility? “Pastors” Rod and Cheryl, your work centers around the lordship of another Jesus, notwithstanding your good and charitable works and outreach to the poor and the stranger. Obedience is better than sacrifice.
“And though I give out all my goods to feed the poor, and though I deliver my body to be burned, and have not charity, I am profited nothing” (1 Corinthians 13:3 MKJV).
“And Samuel said, ‘Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to listen than the fat of rams. For rebellion is as the sin of divination, and presumption is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the Word of the LORD, He has also rejected you from being king’” (1 Samuel 15:22-23 ESV).
Here’s what the Lord says about Rodney’s Dream Centre:
Amos 5:21-24 MSG
(21) “I can’t stand your religious meetings. I’m fed up with your conferences and conventions.
(22) I want nothing to do with your religion projects, your pretentious slogans and goals. I’m sick of your fund-raising schemes, your public relations and image making.
(23) I’ve had all I can take of your noisy ego-music. When was the last time you sang to Me?
(24) Do you know what I want? I want justice–oceans of it. I want fairness–rivers of it. That’s what I want. That’s all I want.”
Isaiah 57:3-21 MSG
(3) “But you, children of a witch, come here! Sons of a slut, daughters of a whore.
(4) What business do you have taunting, sneering, and sticking out your tongue? Do you have any idea what wretches you’ve turned out to be? A race of rebels, a generation of liars.
(5) You satisfy your lust any place you find some shade, and fornicate at whim. You kill your children at any convenient spot– any cave or crevasse will do.
(6) You take stones from the creek and set up your sex-and-religion shrines. You’ve chosen your fate. Your worship will be your doom.
(7) You’ve climbed a high mountain to practice your foul sex-and-death religion.
(8) Behind closed doors you assemble your precious gods and goddesses. Deserting Me, you’ve gone all out, stripped down and made your bed your place of worship. You’ve climbed into bed with the ‘sacred’ whores and loved every minute of it, adoring every curve of their naked bodies.
(9) You anoint your king-god with ointments and lavish perfumes on yourselves. You send scouts to search out the latest in religion, send them all the way to Hell and back.
(10) You wear yourselves out trying the new and the different, and never see what a waste it all is. You’ve always found strength for the latest fad, never got tired of trying new religions.
(11) Who talked you into the pursuit of this nonsense, leaving Me high and dry, forgetting you ever knew Me? Because I don’t yell and make a scene, do you think I don’t exist?
(12) I’ll go over, detail by detail, all your ‘righteous’ attempts at religion, and expose the absurdity of it all.
(13) Go ahead, cry for help to your collection of no-gods: A good wind will blow them away. They’re smoke, nothing but smoke. But anyone who runs to Me for help will inherit the land, will end up owning My holy mountain!
(14) Someone says: ‘Build, build! Make a road! Clear the way, remove the rocks from the road My people will travel.’”
(15) A Message from the high and towering God, Who lives in Eternity, Whose Name is Holy: “I live in the high and holy places, but also with the low-spirited, the spirit-crushed, and what I do is put new spirit in them, get them up and on their feet again.
(16) For I’m not going to haul people into court endlessly, I’m not going to be angry forever. Otherwise, people would lose heart. These souls I created would tire out and give up.
(17) I was angry, good and angry, because of Israel’s sins. I struck him hard and turned away in anger, while he kept at his stubborn, willful ways.
(18) When I looked again and saw what he was doing, I decided to heal him, lead him, and comfort him, creating a new language of praise for the mourners.
(19) Peace to the far-off, peace to the near-at-hand, says GOD– and yes, I will heal them.
(20) But the wicked are storm-battered seas that can’t quiet down. The waves stir up garbage and mud.”
(21) “There’s no peace,” God says, “for the wicked.”
Hi Paul Even though it saddens me to say this, I think they are great and very accurate. I am glad, you got to see this for yourself from the sites, rather than me going into a whole diatribe etc.
As soon as God shook us into reality and spoke and showed us, we were OUT of there. …
Australia is in a bad way as are most countries but the sad thing is, so many hold these up as the epitome of christianity and just absolutely love like crazy. 🙁