In the Scriptures it is written:
“Blessed is the person who does not follow the advice of wicked people, take the path of sinners, or join the company of mockers. Rather, he delights in the teachings of the LORD and reflects on His teachings day and night. He is like a tree planted beside streams – a tree that produces fruit in season and whose leaves do not wither. He succeeds in everything he does” (Psalms 1:1-3).
How do we vote for Jesus Christ? We put our trust completely in Him.
Originally, Israel began as a “theocracy,” that is, there was no king, president, prime minister, governor, or military general to rule over the nation. God ruled by prophet and priest. Prophet heard from God and gave to the people that which he received from God. Priest approached God on behalf of the people. There came a time when the people said to the prophet, “We want to be like the nations around us, having a king to lead us in war” (I Samuel 8:5-20).
Isn’t that interesting? They were thinking of war, and being fearful, hoped for “tangible” leadership in that war. In other words, they did not trust the Living and Almighty God to keep them. This was in spite of the fact that He had done just that and more. When they believed and obeyed Him, there was nothing He could or would not do for them. They had absolutely nothing to fear but fear itself. They feared man. That is why they, that day, “voted” for man, asking for a king. They were not trusting God but were rejecting Him by voting for man.
How do we vote for the Lord Jesus Christ? The answer is repentance and confession of all sins before God and man – that’s how. We put our trust completely in Him. We look to Him to lead, guide, protect, and provide for us. We believe and agree with all that He says, and obey all that He asks of us. We confess Him as Lord, and ourselves as His servants, not only in word (which, if only in word, would be hypocritical), but also in deed, in all that we think, say, and do. That’s how we put our trust in Him. That’s how we vote for Him.
A Scripture says:
“If you declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For a person believes with his heart and is justified, and a person declares with his mouth and is saved” (Romans 10:9-10).
And get this:
“For the Scripture says, ‘Everyone who believes in Him will not be ashamed.’ For there is no difference between Jew and Greek, because they all have the same Lord, Who gives richly to all who call on Him. For everyone who calls on the Name of the Lord will be saved” (Romans 10:11-13).
Voting for men is not the answer, but an insult to God, especially if we as voters remain in our sins. Voting for the Lord Jesus Christ, we are not ashamed, and all our needs are met. Who among those who have voted for men can say the same?
Going back to Psalms 1 at the beginning of this writing, we set ourselves to living according to the Law of God, the teachings of the Lord. There’s no other way. How do we do that? We can’t. “We can’t?!” you may exclaim. “How is it we must do what we can’t do?”
Mark 10:17-27 MKJV
(17) And when He had gone out into the way, one came running up and kneeled to Him, and asked Him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
(18) And Jesus said to him, Why do you call Me good? No one is good except one, God.
(19) You know the commandments: Do not commit adultery, do not kill, do not steal, do not bear false witness, do not defraud, honor your father and your mother.
(20) And he answered and said to Him, Teacher, all these I have observed from my youth.
(21) Then Jesus, beholding him, loved him and said to him, One thing you lack. Go, sell whatever you have and give it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in Heaven. And come, take up the cross and follow Me.
(22) And he was sad at that saying and went away grieved, for he had great possessions.
(23) And Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, How hardly those having riches will enter into the kingdom of God!
(24) And the disciples were astonished at His words. But Jesus answering again said to them, Children, how hard it is for those who trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!
(25) It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich one to enter into the kingdom of God.
(26) And they were astonished beyond measure, saying to themselves, And who can be saved?
(27) And Jesus looking on them said, With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.
When you cast yourself on the Lord Jesus Christ, voting for Him, you will be saved.
Yes, dear reader, I have learned the bitter truth of not being able to sprout wings and fly to the moon. It is indeed impossible to win favor with God. We don’t have the nature or power to do so. However, I also learned the glorious, emancipating truth that God can get me to the moon and beyond, quite easily. He has done it for me and for others I know. He can do it.
Your hope must be pinned not on your own virtue or ability or knowledge to be saved or be made right with Him, as is the prevalent notion today, but on Him, period. When you have come to the end of yourself, casting yourself on the Lord Jesus Christ, in other words, CASTING YOUR VOTE for Him, you will be saved.
What does it mean to vote for the Lord Jesus Christ? It’s practically the same as voting for men. When you cast your ballot, you’re, in effect, saying, “I’m depending on you, Mr. Politician, to fulfill my wishes. I’m committing myself to your leadership.” With the Lord Jesus Christ, one votes by saying, with the heart, “I put my trust in You, Lord Jesus. I’m depending on You to lead, guide, protect, and provide for me. I can’t do it myself.”
It’s His will that you do just that. The Bible says that when you ask according to His will, He’ll definitely hear your prayer, and if He hears your prayer, He automatically grants you your petition. You won’t have to go out and get a hundred thousand people to sign, either. Your one “signature” is enough.
After all, He’s not a politician, testing the waters for popular opinion. He’s after your heart. Having that, He’ll spare nothing to give you all your heart desires. I know. I’ve cast my vote for Him, and have found Him perfectly faithful.
Know that it begins with you. With nobody but yourself voting for the Lord, you’re still far better off than not voting for Him – you’ve delivered your soul from destruction. With everyone doing the same, we have peace, goodwill, and prosperity for all, guaranteed.