Jana Joujan responded to A Curse on the Betrayal of Canada:
It is not up to individuals to call on God to curse anyone. James 3:9-10. In fact, I could not find a place in the Word of God which permits a believer to utter curses against the government. Look up 1 Peter 2:13-14. Pray for our leaders, don’t curse them.
What you express is the conventional wisdom in nominal Christianity, but it is not Scriptural or in harmony with God and His will. You need to know that James’ counsel is not against the Old Testament, for God’s Law is God’s Law. Now here are some examples to refute your common position:
(5) For My sword bathed in the Heavens. Behold, it shall come down on Edom, and on the people of My curse for judgment.
(6) The sword of the LORD is filled with blood; it is made fat with fatness, with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams; for the LORD has a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Edom.
(7) And the wild oxen shall come down with them, and the bulls with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.
(8) For it is the day of the LORD’s vengeance, the year to repay for the fighting against Zion.
Did He not call for cursing? You tell me:
(13) And these shall stand on Mount Ebal to curse: Reuben, Gad, and Asher, and Zebulun, Dan, and Naphtali.
(14) And the Levites shall speak and say to all the men of Israel with a loud voice,
(15) Cursed is the man that makes any graven or molten image, an abomination to the LORD, the work of the hands of the craftsman, and puts it in a secret place. And all the people shall answer and say, Amen.
(16) Cursed is he who thinks lightly of his father or his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen.
(17) Cursed is he who removes his neighbor’s landmark. And all the people shall say, Amen.
(18) Cursed is he who makes the blind to wander out of the way. And all the people shall say, Amen.
(19) Cursed is he who perverts the judgment of the stranger, fatherless, and widow. And all the people shall say, Amen.
(20) Cursed is he who lies with his father’s wife, because he uncovers his father’s skirt. And all the people shall say, Amen.
(21) Cursed is he who lies with any kind of animal. And all the people shall say, Amen.
(22) Cursed is he who lies with his sister, the daughter of his father or the daughter of his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen.
(23) Cursed is he who lies with his mother-in-law. And all the people shall say, Amen.
(24) Cursed is he who strikes his neighbor secretly. And all the people shall say, Amen.
(25) Cursed is he who takes reward to kill an innocent person. And all the people shall say, Amen.
(26) Cursed is he who does not confirm all the words of this Law, to do them. And all the people shall say, Amen.
As for cursing the government, we did not do that. Those who formed an ungodly coalition against the government are the ones cursed. God knew their hearts, that they are not standing for the good of Canadians, but for themselves. It was a selfish conspiracy.
It is often said that Jesus would never curse anyone either, but He is God, and He does not change:
“Jesus Christ the same yesterday and today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8 MKJV).
We have been praying for our leader, and in this instant, God has led us to oppose and, yes, curse those who oppose Stephen Harper. Does that mean God calls us to curse “Her Majesty’s Loyal Opposition”? No. But these opposers were not loyal and therefore brought the curse upon themselves.
Yet, we are not cursing those people. As Paul Cohen put it to another professing faith in Christ, who objected as do you:
“We are not cursing people; God’s curse is on those who choose to do wickedly. If they choose not to do wickedly, or repent of doing so, they will not be cursed.”
As for the verses you offered, you misinterpret them:
“By this we bless God, even the Father. And by this we curse men, who have come into being according to the image of God. Out of the same mouth proceeds blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so” (James 3:9-10 MKJV).
James does not speak of cursing in all ways. He speaks of cursing without cause, just as Jesus did not condemn being angry but being angry without just cause. Another example would be judging, which Jesus did not condemn carte blanche, only He said not to judge after the appearance, unrighteously. That is what you are doing here.
David, King of Israel, was a man after God’s heart. Hear his curse on his own people, Israel, which the apostle Paul said came to pass, because God was with David in his words, doing something good:
“And David says, Let their table be made a net for taking them, and a stone in their way, and a punishment: Let their eyes be made dark so that they may not see, and let their back be bent down at all times” (Romans 11:9-10 BBE).
Regarding our governmental leaders today, it is written:
“Therefore subject yourselves to every human institution on account of the Lord: whether to the king as to one having authority, or to governors, as to those being sent for the punishment of evildoers and for the praise of those doing good” (1 Peter 2:13-14 MKJV).
We have supported the ordinance of Stephen Harper, because of the Lord, because he has been granted the wisdom to deal God’s vengeance on evildoers, and they don’t like it. That is why they formed their wicked pack to get rid of him. There is no praise coming to them because they are not well-doers, as they pretend.
But let me ask you something, Jana. Seeing you are not rightly dividing the Word of Truth, who is your teacher? Where are you receiving instruction and nurturing? Either you are receiving very little (or none) or what you receive is error. Your error leads to confusion, and your confusion to opposing the Lord Himself, because, as He says, if you are not gathering, you are scattering. You are not in a good place at all, believe me.
Thank you for writing, however, Jana, and for not being belligerent and dismissive, as have been others. I commend you for it.
Click HERE to go back to the Notice Board.
A reader's response to "A Curse on the Betrayal of Canada": Reader's response: Oh, Victor, "Let them be cursed of God…Curs… Somali Pirates"??? This simply is…
From: Renethula To: The Path of Truth Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2016 9:53 AM Subject: Deon Hockey Dear friend, you are wrong and you are spreading lies. God can heal who ever He wants. If you say Deon and Steve are evil because God did not heel Steve, you certainly also believe that Jesus was an imposter who also couldn't safe Himself from being crusified. Your arguments are evil and you are deceitful to all those visiting Deons address. Your argument also reveals an immature faith. Please keep quiet that means shut up if you do not know any better I pray that your spirit eyes will open before you die and find that you are in hell. In Jesus name I pray that you be quiet and start living in and through the Holy Spirit. Have a good look at your motives and repent from this evil doing. Hope sincerely that you seek Gods help and forgiveness. Friend of Deon! From: Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk To: Renethula Sent: Friday, April 15, 2016 7:40 AM Subject: Re: Deon Hockey Renethula, you write: “If you say Deon and Steve are evil because God did not heel Steve, you certainly also believe that Jesus was an imposter who also couldn't safe Himself from being crusified.” We said Deon Hockey is false because he doesn’t agree with the Lord Jesus Christ, as laid out at the beginning of the post: Deon Hockey, as with so many others preaching Christ today, contradicts the One he presumes to represent, displaying numerous marks of a cult. Here are ...
A reader's response to "A Curse on the Betrayal of Canada": Reader's response: Do I know you?