Is Tithing for the Jews Only?

We talked to Billy on January 13th, An older man who was excited about our taking false teachers to task. I told him to spread the word – to share our writings on the net and wherever he can. I asked him if he’d like to receive our letters, to which he said, “yes.” This is the correspondence:

From: Billy
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 5:38 PM
I have really enjoyed your information. Is there anyway that you would permit me to help you? If so how? We all need to know how to expose the false teachers of our age so that we can trace the path that they used to led man astray? Billy

From: Billy
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 2:29 PM
Subject:

Victor.
I am not Margaret.

To: Billy
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 8:48 PM
Subject: RE:

Hi Billy, Paul here. I think I know what you mean, but rather than assume, please explain to me. ☺

Otherwise, how are things going? Have any ideas for us?

Paul

To: Bud
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 9:49 AM
Subject: Re: Tithes and Offerings

Bud, do you have anything specific to say about our posting on Russell Kelly or tithing section?

From: Billy
Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2016 9:17 AM
Subject: Fwd: Re: Tithes and Offerings
Paul:
I am not Bud, I am Billy why are you sending me others emàils on non-inquisitiveness subjects?
I thought that we were going to study in detail False Teachings.
By the way, Paul, we are no longer under the tithings of the old Testament. We are under the Christian Dispensation.

To: Billy
Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2016 8:59 PM
Subject: RE: Re: Tithes and Offerings

Hi Billy,

This is the mailing list I told you about over the phone. These letters are often about false teachers and false teachings. Sometimes they address general questions that can help people with their walk of faith. Is this not okay with you? Would you like to be taken off the list?

It’s true we’re not under a formal law of 10% giving, but we’re certainly being lawful by honoring the Lord as He commands us yet:

1 Corinthians 9:9-11 MKJV
(9)  For it is written in the Law of Moses, “You shall not muzzle an ox threshing grain.” Does God take care for oxen?
(10)  Or does He say it altogether for our sakes? It was written for us, so that he who plows should plow in hope, and so that he who threshes in hope should be partaker of his hope.
(11)  If we have sown to you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

Paul

From: Billy
Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2016 8:35 AM
Subject: Re: Todd White-Trinity-Love comment

Paul:
First of all I am not John, I am Billy and I did not propose the question. As you KNOW that Jesus was only talking to Jews.
Christians were only classified as christians after the day of Pentecost.
Paul, there is no indication of love in the Gospel of Matthew in all of the verses of Chapter 23. Jesus is declaring the lost state of the souls of the Scribes, Pharisees and Hypocrites. Jesus, allows to understand who he is referring to, by the description of their actions. Individuals who want to be recognised as some one who is important and to have special seatings protocols.
Jesus farther open our eyes to those who want to be called the following: Rabbi, Father, pastor, or even Pope.
The23 chapter is a warning chapter of those who will not be permitted to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Billy

To: Billy
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:40 PM
Subject: RE: Todd White-Trinity-Love comment

Hi Billy,

I’ve taken you off the mailing list now.

In Matthew 23 Jesus was talking to the people who believed in God, the equivalent of those who profess to believe in Him today. Nothing has changed – the truth still applies as always. The love of God doesn’t appear as love to the carnal man, who follows the prince of this world and his love. Did you read the articles at the link we gave John?

Paul