I feel I need to be baptised.

“I indeed have baptized you in water, but He shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit” (Mark 1:8 MKJV).
Ginger

I feel I need to be baptised.

Post by Ginger »

(This is an archived correspondence at The Path of Truth. We have sent notification to the correspondent.)

Hi. I have understood for some time that the whore of babylon is false religion. For years I just read my bible at home and didnt go to church. All the people there feel unnatural somehow so I didnt go. Recently I have been told if I am a christian I must go. I started attending and now feel I should be baptised. I am very confused after reading your pages. Can you advise please.

Paul Cohen

Re: I feel I need to be baptised.

Post by Paul Cohen »

Hi Ginger,

What do you think the whore of Babylon is, and how did you come to know that it's false religion?

Did you have fellowship with any believers during the years you were reading the Bible at home? Did you share your spiritual life with anyone?

Who told you if you are a Christian you must go to church? Why are you listening to them instead of what you understood and believed previously?

Confusion comes when you listen to men and go against what you know to be true.

Have you ever received and walked in godly repentance and faith?

Going to church and getting baptized won't give you these things.

Here are other writings that may help you:

Here Is the Way It Is
How One Is Saved
The Church
Water Baptism (section)

Paul

Ginger

Post by Ginger »

Hi. Thanks for your reply.

In answer to your question about the whore of babylon. In reading revelation where it speaks of this I can only assume it is describing the Roman Catholic church and the daughters that have come from her are all the Christian churches that still practice their false doctrine.

My fellow christian friends tell me I should be baptised. I am not sure and cant find a doctrine to confirm either way.

I agree with you that the doctrines the church follows are mostly man made. I try not to follow those doctrines. For instance I cant find anyone in the church who doesnt believe in a pre trib rapture.

I believe this teaching is in error and cant go along with it. I want to follow the bible and not man which I did studying my bible at home. I am wondering if I should go back to doing just that.

Regards

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

"Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Blessed is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. But, the one doubting, if he eats, he has been condemned, because it is not of faith; and all that is not of faith is sin" (Romans 14:22-23 MKJV).

You're welcome, Ginger. Are you reading the writings I sent you?

The only way to safely navigate the waters of this life is by faith, the faith of the Son of God. Following the Bible isn't good enough, not nearly, because while you may not be following other people or churches by and large, you are still following yourself, and you too are a fallen person. For salvation you must follow the risen Lord Jesus Christ, Who rules Heaven and earth by His Spirit.

That's why I asked if you've experienced repentance and faith. You didn't answer this important question, except by not answering it you're telling us you haven't experienced these things. You aren't acknowledging faith in Christ, the very thing you need from Him personally, the One we preach.

It doesn't appear you've red the writings we've sent you. Read those (don't miss "repentance" and "faith" hyperlinked below) along with these:

Confession of Sin
Forgiveness
Obedience
What Is Confession?

Paul

Return to “Water Baptism”