wHaT tHe LoRd HaS dOnE wItH mE - Part 11

An autobiography is primarily the story of a person’s life. A Theo-autobiography is about two lives in one, separate, yet together. It is the personal recounting of one’s life before becoming a Christian and the struggle and miracle of actually becoming a new creature, a Christian by God’s, not man’s, definition.
Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

Post by Ronnie Tanner »

We now have Part 11 of Victor's Theo-autobiography available:

The Issues of Life to Troublous Times

Alan Agnew

Re: wHaT tHe LoRd HaS dOnE wItH mE - Part 11

Post by Alan Agnew »

Good Sabbath!

I see the particle on cholesterol. I've believed for a long time that cholesterol's risk was over-hyped, or, in fact, that high was better than low.

So I read Victor's particle there and I think, "Why does he think there was actually danger from the cholesterol number?" Maybe Victor will answer that or share if he came to realize there indeed was bad diet and bad health advice being given out around ten years ago. Thus, many people went on the drugs when they had no need of them.

Or maybe I've missed something important all these years.

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Alan, this isn't precisely the kind of material we care to post at the Forum, being mundane and insignificant in the whole scheme of things. However, I will reply because it was a topic I brought up in the Theo-auto.

I mentioned it partially because cholesterol was a major issue pushed by the medical establishment, not beginning just 10 years ago but going back at least to the '60's. I recall my father and his youngest brother Frederick being accosted by the then current medical "wisdom." It was a prevalent issue in my life and social atmosphere for decades.

That said, while doctors told me I needed to get my cholesterol level down and recommended statins, the Lord kept me; I refused them. However, believing they may have had something of concern for me, I did casually look into natural solutions and was told eating almonds was one such alternative. I dabbled with that for a short period and soon forgot the whole thing.

My position is that as we believe and obey the Lord and apply "common sense" principles of diet and everything else in our lives, we'll be just fine. The Lord is Faithful and True. He always honors those who honor Him.

I'm thankful for His grace; He has been very good to me, entirely beyond what I deserve. He has granted me to believe and obey Him, thus opening the windows of Heaven for mercy and blessing toward me and my house.

Alan Agnew

Post by Alan Agnew »

Thank you, Victor, I was not familar wirh how long the advice has been around. 1960s? I have been too young.

Yes, this is mundane, yet I can relate with how a small thing like this comes under His influence. You went with almonds and then left it behind. Some would call you crazy for that. People likewise called me weird for my diet that went against the mainstream, and it later improved from reading TPOT on clean foods. Thank God for that understanding.

As you say, only the Lord can keep people from false and widespread “wisdom,” whether it is cholesterol or physical matters or spiritual matters. Be thankful, Victor.

Return to “wHaT tHe LoRd HaS dOnE wItH mE”