Marriage with an unbelieving husband.

Regardless of licenses, ceremonies, and approval of men, if God didn’t put man and woman together, in His sight the union is a lawless one, and the couple lives in fornication. If so, then they ought to part, discontinuing their sin rather than continuing in it. Read more
Sophya

Marriage with an unbelieving husband.

Post by Sophya »

Hello,

My name is Sophya. I got married in 2014 to a man that is a believer so he has said. But when we dated we broke up and I remember praying to God and asking him was his the man he had given me to be my husband. One day this same guy called me while we were broken up and said he couldn't live without me and started to cry . Shortly thereafter he wanted to get married and we did. Now with that be saying we have had turmoil and confusion the majority of our marriage so far. We have been separated numerous times and it was always because my husband asked or forces me to leave. It's never my will to leave. I have sought God on this matter to change things over and over but we still have this problem. I have to wonder is this Satan trying to divide us or is this God telling me he's not the one for me. God never warned me in anyway he was not the one for me to marry but I do know during our short courtship there were a few things that I overlooked or didn't see as a problem I guess. Maybe I was being blind to these things. I know no one is perfect and I can live with his flaws but I can't live with the constant separation and him putting me and my 2 young daughters out of the house over and over against my will. I keep trying to live in peace with him knowing we will have disagreements but that doesn't give him justification to kick us out every tin he gets upset, but this is the way he handles our marriage. I am miserable but I love him still and the confusion is more than I can handle not to mention my kids or totally miserable and have wondered where is God in all this. I need help and answers.

Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk

Re: Marriage with an unbelieving husband.

Post by Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk »

“And the woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is pleased to dwell with her, do not let her leave him” (1 Corinthians 7:13 MKJV).

It sounds like your husband isn't pleased to dwell with you, Sophya. Now the question is whether that's because you have faith in the Risen Savior Whom your husband rejects, or because you are rebellious - impossible to live with, or because you were never meant to be married - he isn't your husband and you're in fornication. It sounds like the latter.

God wasn't telling you this man was your husband because he called you after you prayed, crying and saying he couldn't live without you. The fruits of following those emotions have been great instability and turmoil, not the sure foundation when God joins together.

And apparently your daughters aren't this man's? Where is their father?

We know this - that if you set your heart to believe and obey the One Whom we preach at this site, the Lord Jesus Christ, He will make known the answer as He opens the way for the truth to prevail in your life, if you're willing to follow Him and forsake your own lusts and desires. He never fails.

Paul and Victor

Return to “All Marriages Are of God”