Do you listen to Todd white talk about Jesus?

Todd preaches false repentance and an illegitimate representation of the cross, coming from a false Jesus conceived by man.
Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

Do you listen to Todd white talk about Jesus?

Post by Ronnie Tanner »

This is an archived correspondence at The Path of Truth. We have sent notification to the correspondent.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:
To: The Path of Truth
Date: 7/17/2015 8:49 PM

I mean no disrespect, do u listen to Todd white talk about Jesus.

He has never once claimed to do things on his own, he speaks on repentance alot, actually the message he just released he talks quite sound about it, he also talks about how dangerous it is to live be feeling, and on acts and wonders.

As far as asking for money, he's a pastor, he is non profit and it takes money to run ministry.

The church I attend the pastor is a general contractor, he makes no money from his church. But we do tithe to support the vision and works of our church.

As well as the costs of the building and staff.

Missionaries ask for money as well.

That's not the point the point is making money off of false doctrine, being in the business of Christianity.

Todd white is not Jesus.

Thank you for your time, I do mean no disrespect and I know pentecostal views are sometimes glamorized.

Dont let things divide us, speak life.

I see many streams leading to one River and if those streams aren't of the Gospel then they won't produce fruit, and god will judge those for there accounts on earth.

God bless you

Sent: Friday, July 24, 2015 8:50 AM
To: Devan
Cc: Victor Hafichuk
Subject: False Teacher Todd White

Hi Devan,

We've not heard all that Todd White says, but we've certainly heard more than enough to know that what he teaches isn't the faith of Christ. Just recently we reviewed a portion of his talk, “Regret vs. Repentance” (https://youtu.be/Le67wtRtyfg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), sent to us by a girl who was arguing that Todd really does preach repentance and the cross. Here's our reply:

[BEGIN]

Todd doesn't preach the cross at all. If you could hear what we're saying in the link I gave you about the cross, you'd readily see this. He also preaches another repentance, not the godly one of the Scriptures. Todd is, as another person said in summing up the popular preachers of today, a “motivator,” not a man of God. You don't know the difference, because you've never met the Lord and don't know His ways.

I watched the Todd White video, “Regret vs. Repentance.” I'll give a rundown of the false gospel he preaches according to his own words, which I'm writing for those who will listen. You're not listening, Addy, because you're a fool filled with meat.

You say: “Why don't you go and preach the truth instead of critiquing others?

Don't those sent by God warn His people against false prophets coming in the Name of Christ? Is this not the foundation laid down before us?

Acts 20:29-31 KJV
(29) For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
(30) Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
(31) Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

Doesn't it take the light of God to identify and dispel darkness, the truth of Christ to expose and banish lies? We know so, as do those who receive our words by faith.

Speaking in the video of repentance, White says: “When the blood of Jesus cleanses me from dead works - it's as if I never sinned.

Here are the Scriptures he mangles:

“Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God” (Hebrews 6:1 KJV).

“For if the blood of bulls and of goats and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling the unclean sanctifies to the purifying of the flesh, how much more shall the blood of Christ (who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God) purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God” (Hebrews 9:13-14 MKJV).

When we turn from the righteousness of trusting in form and willpower, our consciences are thereby cleansed and unburdened from dead works. We're empowered to serve the living God by faith. That, however, doesn't make it as if we've never sinned. The ramification of our sins can last years, even lifetimes and beyond, but the new trajectory set by the Lord frees us from depending on our righteousness and justifies us by His grace.

Titus 3:4-7 MKJV
(4) But when the kindness and love of God our Savior toward man appeared,
(5) not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,
(6) Whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
(7) that being justified by His grace, we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Did the apostle Paul preach what Todd White teaches? Did Paul say it was as if he never sinned?

“Faithful is the Word and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief” (1 Timothy 1:15 MKJV).

Yes, those who come to Christ have their sins forgiven, but that's different than saying it's as if they never sinned. Todd has cobbled parts of the Scripture together in his own understanding to make a spiritual Frankenstein monster - of himself. After his past as an atheist heathen, he's found a new life, but not according to the power and Spirit of Christ. He lives according to the Scriptures he perverts into positive affirmations that empower him to act as God.

I love who You created me to be,” he gushes, putting His own thoughts into God's mind in order to be somebody and to quell his raging insecurity. Those are not the words of one who knows he's loved by God. Those are the words of one who loves himself above all and tries to convince himself that God loves him in the same way. Those are words of unbelief from uncrucified flesh.

Todd says:

We haven't mixed the truth of the cross with faith, and it's profited us nothing.

You can't have the truth of the cross without faith, except if you treat the cross as a doctrine and formulaic approach to having the life of God, which is precisely what Todd does. Here's Todd's version of the “truth of the cross”:

Then all of a sudden we try to live and get this thing on with God. We say we love God, but you can't love God. Why? Because Romans 8 says that nothing can separate you from the love of God in Christ Jesus. And this is what the list is - 'I am fully persuaded, that neither angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor life, nor death, nor things present, nor things to come, nor any other created thing shall be able to separate me from receiving the love of God that is in Christ Jesus.'

Problem: There is one thing that will eternally separate you from the love of God - it's your past. And your past didn't make that list…. It didn't say your past because the blood of Jesus and the cross of Christ - if the reality of the blood of Jesus is preached and understood it wipes away everything that you wish you'd never done and it leaves you clean before your Father. And if you trip, if you slip, you don't stay in the slip, you don't sit there and wallow in your dumb shame. You confess to God that that's not who He created you to be. And He's faithful and just… 1 John says that He's faithful and just to cleanse you from all unrighteousness, so that the only thing that remains is righteousness.

There's a world of difference between confessing and repenting of your sin and confessing that God doesn't want you to see yourself as a sinner. The former confession brings forgiveness and puts you on the path of restoration and life:

“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9 MKJV).

But the latter confession is a different kind - it's not an admission of unworthiness but is instead an affirmation of worthiness in ourselves rather than in God. “We're too good to be sinners - God never intended that - so get out of there and believe the best about yourself - that's how He sees you!”

But didn't God make you to be a sinner? He put the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil before Adam, knowing that Adam would fall to sin and us with him. Paul writes in Romans:

“For the creation was not willingly subjected to vanity, but because of Him Who subjected it on hope that the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God” (Romans 8:20-21 MKJV).

There is also a significant difference between what Paul wrote in Romans 8 and what Todd quotes him as saying, exposed by one word in particular added by Todd. Paul said there was nothing that could separate us (those who believe) from the love of God in Christ, whereas Todd said there was nothing that could separate him from receiving God's love. Paul spoke as one in Christ. Those in Christ cannot be separated from Him, because no power is greater than Him. But Todd speaks from without, as one presuming to receive God's love, which he doesn't have and can't receive because he's seeking in the lusts of his flesh.

“You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend it in gratifying your lusts” (James 4:3 EMTV).

So who are you and who is Todd White to be taking the Scriptures and twisting them to make yourselves feel good? And guess what? In doing so you're eating from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, making yourselves as God. And you're dead in your sins because of this, just as God warned Adam. You haven't inherited His righteousness by faith - you've found a way to have your own by finagling.

White has it all wrong: We take up the cross, not to wipe away our past sins, but to wipe away the sinner. Christ has already put away our past sins. We need to walk in faith and obedience through Him to have ourselves, the sinners, finally done away with. That is our job and portion from God for our salvation:

“And when He had called the people unto Him with His disciples also, He said unto them, Whosoever will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for My sake and the Gospel's, the same shall save it” (Mark 8:34-35 KJV).

White knows nothing of the cross - he's never turned from himself to God in order to take it up. Total confusion comes from his lips and is lapped up by the naïve and spiritually uneducated who don't know the Lord and only care to bolster and console themselves in the flesh.

The whole point of Paul's message is that NOTHING can separate us God's love in Christ. Of course that includes our past, if we are in Christ. On the other side of the coin, ANYTHING can separate us from God if we aren't in Christ, Who embodies God's love.

White has no idea what the love of God is, or how to be in it. He doesn't know the Lord Jesus Christ. His approach is pure spiritual razzmatazz, psyching people into a state of belief which has nothing to do with the true faith of Christ. He appears to be walking the talk, and people want in. Here's his secret:

I want to leave you tonight with a clean conscience, so you can get this thing on with God. See people say, 'Todd, how do you walk in boldness?' The reality of boldness is determined by who I see myself to be in my Father's eyes.

If you can only get yourself to see yourself as clean and godly using Todd's formula, you too can be bold and “successful” like him. What a horrible payday is coming his way, and those who walk in the presumption and delusion he preaches, when the façade of faith comes tumbling down for good.

Todd asks his audience:

Who here would like to live free from guilt, shame, and condemnation? Okay good, then we're on it. Here's the deal. If the cross is understood the blood of Jesus cleanses your conscience from dead works and then you finally can serve God. You know the Bible doesn't say deny the devil, pick up your cross and follow him. It says deny yourself. You have to get past who you were so you can become who God says you are. You have to enter into a place of being.

The cross isn't something we understand and thereby have God - it's something we take up, just like the Lord did, and His follower, Paul, who tells us the cross is the way to enter His life:

“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me” (Galatians 2:20 KJV).

We see that the cross is the love of God - His towards us and us towards Him, by which we cannot be separated from Christ. Denying ourselves isn't “getting past who we were,” it's giving up who we are - every bit of it, just as the Lord said:

Luke 14:26-33 KJV
(26) If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.
(27) And whosoever does not bear his cross, and come after Me, cannot be My disciple…
(33) So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsakes not all that he has, he cannot be My disciple.

Todd is passionate and comes across as very sincere, which is what makes him convincing. He is deceived and very deceptive - coming in the power of False Love - Satans Last Stronghold.

A profile advertising Todd on CBN.com says: “He has been blessed to receive impartation from Randy Clark, Bill Johnson, Roland and Heidi Baker and Benny Hinn.” We see their unsavory influence:

Johnson, Bill: The Bottom of the Barrel: A Motley Crew of Demonic Mockers
Hinn, Benny: A Deliberate Liar and Scoundrel

By the way, Addy, you say, “There is nothing wrong with asking for money even my church is always asking for money for various things. How else is he supposed to carry out his mission of spreading the gospel.

Says who? What makes you think that because your church asks for money, therefore it's right to do so? Where do you find Jesus Christ and His disciples or any of the churches in the Scriptures soliciting money? Nowhere, that's where.

When the disciples were sent out to preach, they were commanded to take nothing with them, nor were they to ask anything of those to whom they preached - nothing, and God fully met their needs, moving hearts to provide voluntarily without being asked, thus demonstrating He was the Source and Provider. But you, Addy, your church and Todd are of the world, serving the prince of this world, who savors the things that are of men and not of God.

The Lord provides for His workers without their depending in the least on men. You don't know that, being ignorant of the laws and principles of the Kingdom of God, which is not of this world.

Furthermore, you have nothing to do with the King while you, along with Todd and company, worship Him in vain with your lips. You've been snared by another Jesus and another gospel. It's subtle to you, but not so subtle to those who know the Lord Jesus Christ. You are in witchcraft.

One day, as you feed with the swine, it will dawn on you that what we say is true because we serve Him Who is True.

Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk
www.ThePathofTruth.com [END]

So there you have it, Devan, the answers to your questions.

You're right that Todd White isn't Jesus Christ. That's obviously the case for anyone but God Himself - right? What's more to the point is that Todd White doesn't have Christ within and therefore isn't presenting Him to the world. Jesus Christ isn't coming in the flesh with Todd - it's Todd coming in Jesus' Name presenting himself to the world. That's the abomination of desolation sitting in the holy place. Consider for your life.

This is Life speaking here now, Devan. We aren't dividing the brethren - we're distinguishing between tares and wheat. Todd isn't a branch connected to the Tree, or to use your metaphor, a stream leading to the River. He isn't producing godly fruit, and if you think he is, it's because you don't know what godly fruit is. You're judging after the appearance and are deceived. You need to repent and receive a love of the Truth. Without these things, you're sunk.

Paul

Return to “White, Todd - False Teacher”