There's no doubt that our Lord and Savior is a just and merciful God.
“But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you and persecute you, so that you may become sons of your Father in Heaven. For He makes His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust” (Matthew 5:44-45 MKJV).
Now, to answer your questions about Todd White and Dan Mohler:
“How come what they teach helped me walk out of my life-long problem?
People have found help and hope in many false gospels. The man called “Malcolm X” was saved from a life of drug dealing and pimping by the teachings of the Nation of Islam. Here's an article about a Chinese communist official who reports how Falun Gong “not only cured my illnesses but also saved my soul”:http://en.minghui.org/html/articles/201 ... 5787p.html
There are many such examples, and truly, all manmade religions preach some truths and good precepts, but they also deny The Truth, the Lord Jesus Christ, just as do Todd White and Dan Mohler. In their case, however, they deny Him while taking His Name upon themselves, deceiving others like yourself because the label on their product says “Christ.”
“Why do [they] actually DO what Jesus did?
They don't. Read The True Marks of a Cult
, particularly the second half.
“Why did God use these men to bring me the understanding that God really loves me and actually thinks I'm valuable enough to die in my place?
That's not the way it works in reality, Cynthia, according to the Word of God. You are wrong on both counts - thinking you're valuable and that God died in your place.
On the first count:
Romans 3:10-18 ESV
(10) As it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one;
(11) no one understands; no one seeks for God.
(12) All have turned aside; together they have become worthless
; no one does good, not even one.”
(13) “Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive.” “The venom of asps is under their lips.”
(14) “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.”
(15) “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
(16) in their paths are ruin and misery,
(17) and the way of peace they have not known.”
(18) “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”
Matthew 3:7-10 MKJV
(7) But seeing many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said to them, O generation of vipers, who has warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
(8) Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance;
(9) and do not think to say within yourselves, We have Abraham as our father. For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones.
(10) And now also, the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bring forth good fruit is cut down and cast into the fire.
You have no intrinsic value to God whatsoever. You have value only because He decides to place value you on, and not because you're valuable. Big difference.
On the second count - God didn't die in your place, though He died for you. Big difference again. Your salvation will never take place until you die also through faith in the Living Christ that comes by His grace.
“And He said to all, If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever will save his life shall lose it, but whoever will lose his life for My sake, he shall save it” (Luke 9:23-24 MKJV).
“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me” (Galatians 2:20 KJV).
Todd White has taught you the gospel of Satan
, which denies the cross in order to preserve the flesh, the man of sin. Have you not heard that Satan savors the things of man?
You ask: “Or was is wrong of me to want to be mentally and physically whole?
Of course not. Nevertheless, “There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death” (Proverbs 14:12 ESV).
This is the truth we're telling you and others about the gospel of Todd White and his associates.
“I beseech you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, pleasing to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, in order to prove by you what is that good and pleasing and perfect will of God” (Romans 12:1-2 MKJV).
“Now may the God of peace (Who brought again our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant) make you perfect in every good work to do His will, working in you that which is well pleasing in His sight through Jesus Christ, to Whom be glory forever and ever. Amen” (Hebrews 13:20-21 MKJV).
“Therefore be perfect, even as your Father in Heaven is perfect” (Matthew 5:48 MKJV).
Paul and Victor