The Second Coming

Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron. (1 Timothy 4:1-2) Diabolical Doctrines (section)
Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

The Second Coming

Post by Ronnie Tanner »

Sent: May-23-19 3:46 PM
To: Victor
Subject: Second Coming

Victor,

I've read a lot of your site and have started reading your book.

I was predisposed to agree with much of what I read, even the many things most nominal Christians don't believe.

But I have problems with some of your teachings. This email is about one such teaching.

You say the second coming of Christ is not physical. And it's not Jesus, but the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, and future in dwellings of the Holy Spirit in individuals.

Even though you don't believe in the trinity, if Jesus says He will send a Comforter, He obviously isn't talking about Himself. It was a third-person reference.

On its face, this teaching seems utterly bizarre, given all the scriptures that describe a physical and spectacular return of Christ at his second advent.

Your dissertation simply ignores virtually all of the scriptures regarding the second coming, like a crooked lawyer hiding mountains of exculpatory evidence.

Jesus will return with a loud trumpet heard by the entire world, with brightness of lightening illuminating the entire sky, coming in the sky with angels, in view of the wicked as well as the saved, at a time unknown to Him, like a thief in the night. And, of course, this event is concurrent with the first resurrection of the dead and the rapture of the saints.

You know all of this, so what are you talking about ???

Don

Date: Sat, May 25, 2019 at 3:26 PM
Subject: RE: Second Coming
To: Don Scott

Don, what is it I know and what is it you don’t know? Will you find a literal beast with 7 heads and 10 horns? Will you find a literal, gloriously adorned woman riding on such a beast and drinking out of a golden chalice? Will you find the Lord coming and physically knocking on a literal door as artists commonly depict? Are you expecting a literal trumpet? Are you not carnal? How literal do you find these:

Revelation 9:15-17 MKJV
(15) And the four angels were loosed, who were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, in order to slay the third part of men.
(16) And the number of the armies of the horsemen was two myriads of myriads. And I heard their number.
(17) And so I saw the horses in the vision, and those sitting on them, having breastplates of fire, even dusky red and brimstone. And the heads of the horses were like the heads of lions. And out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone?

Do saints form a literal Temple building? Are they stones? Many are so hard of heart, thinking they’re stones, not realizing they are stones but in a self-condemning manner.

I come in the Lord’s stead; I am with Him and He is with me. This is His Coming. The papers I’ve written answer all these things. Why do you question or argue with me without first paying sober attention to what I’ve freely said with great effort and detail?

I ignore no Scriptures, as you would well know if you paid any responsible attention. But you don’t believe. And if you can’t understand normal things of this realm, how can you possibly comprehend the figurative language of the saints speaking by the Spirit of God?

Don’t go muzzling your ox and starving him, now. Or cutting off your hand or plucking your eye out if they offend. I wouldn’t advise it.

Yes, I’m being a bit facetious, Don, but hopefully, you’ll see how people tend to “wrest the Scriptures to their own destruction.”

By the way, concerning the “rapture,” if you believe many believers have perished recently in persecution throughout the world, where was their “rapture”?

What the Scriptures teach by wise men inspired by the Spirit of God is not what men inspired by the spirit of the prince of this world say they teach. But Satan’s done for. His time has come.

Date: Sat, May 25, 2019 at 3:58 PM
Subject: Re: Second Coming
To: Victor H.

Victor,

Of course, I believe most of the language of Revelation is allegorical. Everyone does. But I don't believe his ascension was allegorical, so if Jesus is to return in the same manner as he left, then that is what I expect. And if there was a resurrection of a few when He arose from the tomb, then I see that as a clear type of a coming end-time resurrection of the dead. And if his second coming brings the end of the world as we know it, then surely those alive in Christ must be transformed (raptured), so that is what I expect.

If one does not believe that Christ returns in power and in glory, in physical form, then one does not believe he destroys the Antichrist, the Beast system, and brings in a millennial Kingdom. When interpreting scripture, it is often quite easy to identify allegory, as it is in this case. But when things are not only plausible as real events, but also fit other scriptures, who am I to say they are allegorical. You seem to go to the extreme to allegorize everything. Were Moses and Elijah standing in glorified bodies speaking with Jesus in the presence of the disciples, or was that just another event to be imagined away with a spiritual interpretation?

I don't belief truth is a matter of popular vote. Still, almost all nominal Christians believe in a physical second coming just as I do, while you are an extreme outlier who is preaching a doctrine I have never heard before. Your ideas raise many others. In fact, so many others, that it wouldn't be practical to continue this conversation, lest it go on endlessly. I understand your position. So we'll leave it at that.

Don

Return to “Diabolical Doctrines”