The Sabbath Doctrine, is it new for you or of long standing?

You can view our complete section on the Sabbath here.
Rob

The Sabbath Doctrine, is it new for you or of long standing?

Post by Rob »

(This is an archived correspondence at The Path of Truth. We have sent notification to the correspondent.)

Hi there,

I just stumbled on your websitewww.thepathoftruth.com and I have a question, re the seventh day Sabbath. I assume you agree that the seventh day is the Sabbath ordained by God, namely Saturday. If I have misread your statements please enlighten me.

My father Mr Denis Arthur Leman SCOTT was your minister in Rhodesia/Zimbabwe/Zambia & Malawi from the 60's until his death in 2004. He first lived in Bulawayo and then lived in Salisbury. He never mentioned the Sabbath.

I am a Sabbath keeper since 1970, so this was a topic of conversation in our household, at the time. Yet me father never said one word for or against the Sabbath.

Hence my question = Is this a new understand (Sabbath) for your group, or not?
Do you still have record of his working for you? (I never followed his beliefs.)
Where is your headquarters?

Regards,
Rob

Paul Cohen

Re: The Sabbath Doctrine, is it new for you or of long standing?

Post by Paul Cohen »

Hi Rob,

We have never heard of your father till now. I think you may be confusing us with “The School of Truth,” which had a publication by the same name as our website. That organization was founded by Nicol Campbell: Same Label, Different Contents.

You can read about what the Lord has shown us and done with us regarding the Sabbath in the following writings:

The Sabbath
Diabolical Doctrine: Sunday Is the Sabbath
How the Lord Gave Us the Sabbath
“Not One Jot or Tittle” Trying to Change the Sabbath
Sabbath “Lunartarians”
Spiritually Keeping the Physical Sabbath
“There Remains a Sabbath-Keeping”
The True Day of Worship
What Does One Do on the Sabbath?

Let us know if we can help you in any other way.

Paul Cohen
Helena, MT USA
www.ThePathofTruth.com

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

Hi Rob,

You're welcome.

We appreciate some of the truths Herbert Armstrong taught. For example, we've handed out his writing on three nights and days in the grave, which substantively affirms the truth of the Lord's words.

On the other hand, Armstrong didn't know the Lord and didn't have His Spirit. I know that may sound shocking to you, but it's true. Keep reading on our site. By hearing what the Lord teaches and what He is like, you will, by His grace in faith and obedience, see the difference between Him and Armstrong.

We also have this entry in the False Teachers section: Ronald Weinland Son of Armstrong: The Fruit Does Not Fall Far from the Tree

Paul

Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

Post by Ronnie Tanner »

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

Your answer rings many bells, so to say, re names etc.
So that mystery has been cleared up.
I am, by the way, with COGWA (Church of God, a Worldwide Association), a split off from WCG ( Worldwide Church of God) of Mr Herbert W. Armstrong fame. A Sabbath keeping group.

Regards from
Rob

Return to “The Sabbath”