[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3902)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3902)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3902)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3902)
Harvest Haven Happenings • The Path of Truth Forum

Harvest Haven Happenings

Our complete paper can be found

Harvest Haven Happenings

Postby Jeannie Van Popta » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:23 pm

Marilyn and I thought many of you would be interested in the information (articles, recipes, funny farm stories) that we share in our newsletter.

If you'd like to subscribe please send your email address to Sean at solutions@harvesthaven.com

Here is the latest edition: https://madmimi.com/p/7b90a8?fe=1&pact= ... 4ed52eb719
Jeannie Van Popta

Re: Harvest Haven Happenings

Postby William Woeger » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:15 pm

Thanks for sharing this newsletter! :)

Archie, the Speckle Park bull looks awesome! Is that Andrew, the Big Black bull (that is the proper title of the type of bull he is, right? probably not.) laying down behind him?

Thanks for the history as well.

I was wondering, why do you use madmimi.com to post your newsletters instead of the HH site? Also, is there a way to see older newsletters?

Thanks.

W
William Woeger

Postby Sabine » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:10 am

I would :-), just asked Sean to sign me up, thanks Sean. Great seeing Martin and James on the land, and Archie, wow, he's big and beautiful, although it looks like he is not too fond of being photographed :-). Thanks Jeannie and Marilyn for sharing!
Sabine

Postby Sean R Fife » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:01 pm

Hi William,

Yes, that's Andrew hanging out in the background. The breed is a Black Angus bull. He has since left the farm now that we have Archie.

We have some of the past newsletters available here:
and are working on getting more available.

Sean
Sean R Fife

Postby Jeannie Van Popta » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:30 am

Harvest Haven Happenings from September 15:
Jeannie Van Popta

Postby Jeannie Van Popta » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:31 am

Harvest Haven Happenings from September 28:
Jeannie Van Popta

Postby Jeannie Van Popta » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:39 pm

Harvest Haven Happenings for October 12:
Jeannie Van Popta

Postby Simon Hall » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:37 am

Thank you James and Martin for that lesson in fencing on the farm Harvest Haven style. Definitely a unique way of fencing. Absolutely no doubt about that. I'd be shocked if anyone has seen that kind of fencing on a farm before. And more than mildly entertaining, too. Very enjoyable.

I hope there will more such videos. If there is, tell me where I can purchase a season ticket.

Simon
Simon Hall

Postby Tang Williams » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:37 am

I saw the fencing video 1-2 days ago. It is original, entertaining and amusing.

Normally, I am a very quiet person. I am quite content being an introvert and I like being alone. However, when machinery are operated outside the safety legislation and procedural envelope for what it was designed for, I would go absolutely NUTS!

I would never allow a person to be in any direct line of a moving machine and risk the possibility of injury if not worse. It is simply years of training and development in WHS (work, health and safety) and following procedures when operating machines, that's ingrained in me.

It would've taken just a sneeze and the excavator operator would have [accidentally] jerked the controls and punch the excavator bucket directly into the 'fence man.'

I write this post only because I care. I personally know friends who died [just recently too] for not following procedure [with machines]. I don't mind the videos. We need to play once in a while. But please, play SAFE and you will be SAFE.
Tang Williams

Postby Jeannie Van Popta » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:02 pm

Harvest Haven Happenings from October 26, 2016:
Jeannie Van Popta

Postby William Woeger » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:53 pm

Good story. Amazing how things going well take a sudden turn for the worse, seemingly, and then take a sudden turn again, for the good! Thank You, Lord.

W
William Woeger

Postby Sabine » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:49 am

That silica has been on my list for a while, together with the magnetico sleeping mat :-).

Amen to great story. I enjoyed reading that. And Jeannie, those recipes look awesome, especially the pancakes. I will have to start trying out your kooking :-).
Sabine

Postby Jeannie Van Popta » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:32 pm

Harvest Haven Happenings from November 9, 2016:
Jeannie Van Popta

Postby Michael Demerling » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:01 pm

Thank you Martin,

For your detailed explanations about some of the principles of organic farming. I am glad you are so serious about ethical farming and on guard against those who would use bad practices in organic farming.

Thank you Lord, for Martin, Jeannie and all those at Harvest Haven.

Michael
Michael Demerling

Postby Jeannie Van Popta » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:28 pm

Harvest Haven Happenings from November 23:
Jeannie Van Popta

Postby Michael Demerling » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:21 pm

Thank you Jeannie,

I really enjoyed the article and seeing your children working together. The only thing missing was seeing them eat the pancakes.

Perhaps I am strange, but it gives me great joy to watch people enjoying good food.

Who recorded and edited the video?

Michael
Michael Demerling

Postby Jeannie Van Popta » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:56 pm

I'm glad you liked it, Michael. :)

Jonathan filmed and edited the video (not sure, maybe Shay helped him as well).

We were going to have the kids eating the pancakes at the end but it got too late.
Jeannie Van Popta

Postby Jeannie Van Popta » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:53 pm

Harvest Haven Happenings from December 7, 2016:
Jeannie Van Popta

Postby William Woeger » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:08 pm

Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed the Cowology education there.
William Woeger

Postby Jeannie Van Popta » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:30 pm

Here is the Harvest Haven Happenings for December 20, 2016
Jeannie Van Popta

Postby Jeannie Van Popta » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:49 pm

Harvest Haven Happenings newsletter for January 4, 2017:
Jeannie Van Popta

Postby Jeannie Van Popta » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:41 pm

Harvest Haven Happenings for January 18, 2017
Jeannie Van Popta

Postby Jeannie Van Popta » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:36 pm

Harvest Haven Happenings newsletter from February 1, 2017:
Jeannie Van Popta

Postby Michael Demerling » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:29 am

Dear Jeannie,

I noticed that the video of the sheep near the end of the recent newsletter addition does not work. It seems the HTML code on that video page is seriously messed-up: https://www.harvesthaven.com/pages/videos

This video page is very slow to load in the web browser due to some technical issues. You need to get your tech person to work on that :) .

Sincerely,
Michael
Michael Demerling

Postby Marilyn Hafichuk » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:19 am

Hi Michael,
We had some problems trying to get the video about the food items (sheep) to work. It really is just a slide show. On the HH video page, you need to scroll it yourself.

If someone can make it work as a video, I would be very happy because it is a cute video with peppy music.
Marilyn Hafichuk

Next

Return to Mundane Matters of Importance