Lotion

Our complete paper can be found here.
Brandon LaBerteaux

Lotion

Post by Brandon LaBerteaux »

Hi all,

Since moving out of the humid South and into arid Colorado, my skin has been pretty dry, especially after showering.

The MMI paper says Coconut oil works well as lotion, so I bought some today (Virgin, USDA Organic). Just wanted to clarify if its okay to just apply as lotion regularly, lathering up and rubbing over the skin, especially to dry areas. I know my ex used to do this quite liberally.

Brandon

Victor Hafichuk

Re: Lotion

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Two things off the top, Brandon. The body eventually adjusts to its environment; it could take a while. Two, you need to hydrate yourself within; your water intake must be upped considerably. What was your daily average water intake in the south and what is it now?

And are you doing Berkey and Grander? If not, talk to Ronnie.

Brandon LaBerteaux

Post by Brandon LaBerteaux »

Hmm, I actually think I'm drinking much less water now, since I don't have quick access to it at work. I end up drinking most of my water in the afternoon after I've left work. I'll be mindful of that, thank you.

I can talk to Ronnie about Berkey and Grander too, as that's something I've been hoping to look into for some time. Thanks, Victor!

Isaiah Dillard

Post by Isaiah Dillard »

Brandon,

Coconut Oil is a great substance to use as a replacement for lotion, as that is what I primarily use (on occasion olive oil as well).

Along with the coconut oil being organic and virgin, you also want to get unrefined (as they bleach refined).

What Victor recommended regarding water is spot on. Not only is it important to get the proper water intake (recommended is at least half your body weight in oz), but also good clean water.

I never heard of Berkey and Grander before coming to TPOT, and I got both. I can taste and feel a difference in my body. I filter the water through Berkey, then place the water in a 1/2 Gallon glass jug and have it sit on the Grander Board for at least 40 mins: and you get filtered revitalized water. It's awesome. Here is a video on Harvest Haven that shows the impact it makes on wheat grass
https://youtu.be/zgNG5NJliCA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, a recommendation is to drink 21 oz of water when you first wake up and before you go to sleep. There is a Japanese study that shows the great health benefits to it. I can testify, it does indeed make an impact.

https://www.quantumbalancing.com/japanwatercure.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Mundane Matters of Importance”