Eggshell Toothpaste and Dental Health

Our complete paper can be found here.
Alan Agnew

Eggshell Toothpaste and Dental Health

Post by Alan Agnew »

As Victor requested in the conference call today, I post this recipe sourced from here http://www.healthyandnaturalworld.com/e ... -cavities/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I do not recall how I found the link, though.

My preferred recipe:

12 parts eggshell dust
6 parts coconut oil
3 parts baking soda
1 part Himalaya salt

According to the site, in addition to the salt above, two ingredients are optional. I haven’t used these two, but they may help.

3 parts Castile soap
Few drops of food grade peppermint essential oil.

Preparation instructions from website:
Give the eggshells a rinse and boil them for a few minutes to get rid of the pathogens. Then air dry them. Grind up the shells or tablets in a coffee grinder until they turn into a fine powder. Combine the ingredients in a bowl, adding coconut oil until it reaches a smooth consistency (you can adjust the amount of the coconut oil). Add the optional ingredients if you want. Store in a jar. You can use a spoon to put the mixture on your tooth brush.
Personally, I let the coconut oil melt on top of the dry ingredients near a fireplace so that the parts are easier to mix. Eggshell dust is very dusty when dry, after all, and it can puff out at your face when touched.

My experience:

Tasty and effective toothpaste! It can be eaten as well, though too much may upset the stomach due to the baking soda. I thank God for my stumbling across the recipe, for I did not enjoy previous pastes. Yes, there is some crunchy shell dust left after brushing, but it does not bother me. Having good breath is respectful to others near me, too.

I also have chickens. I used their eggshells in the paste because if they’ve picked up good minerals from the soil and food, then that is useful.

If others have tried it, or have better dental ideas, please discuss.

Finally, note that like Martin said today, even if you have perfect physical health or diet or teeth, the Lord can still have you perish due to sin like idolatry of diet.

Jenni

Re: Eggshell Toothpaste and Dental Health

Post by Jenni »

Inspired by the recent posts, I thought I could also share a few organic and cheap tips that I have found to be great.

For shampoo, I make a fairly runny paste from warm water and 3 or more tbsp of rye flour (this depends on the length of the hair) and then add one egg yolk (not necessary). I distribute it throughout the roots of my wet hair and rub before washing it off. Letting it sit for a few minutes makes it more effective. Then I usually rinse with diluted apple cider vinegar.
All ingredients are nutritious and my hair has never been this healthy, thick or shiny! I have not tested the baking soda shampoo but based on what I read from the web, it might not cleanse as well and can irritate your scalp and hair in the long run, because it has a strong base on the pH scale.
The only con is that you need to brush your hair carefully since there’ll be little grains of flour left in your hair. :) If you have Celiac disease, I believe you shouldn't use this one.

Washing my face with oatmeal as shown in the link instead of using face cleansers has worked wonders in healing and smoothing my skin. http://rebeccakelsey.com/2015/04/how-to ... h-oatmeal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Coconut oil is a good moisturizer for both face and body. You can also do ‘oil pulling’ before washing your teeth, which has several health benefits and even natural whitening effects. https://wellnessmama.com/7866/oil-pulling/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sabine

Post by Sabine »

Thank you, Allen for posting. I've been using him. salt + baking soda and use the coconut oil separately, but will definately try mixinig it and add the egg shells.

I myself was in idolatry of diet for a long time and am very thankful to trust the Lord and have common sense about it in Faith! Enjoying white sourdough bread, raw butter, raw milk, raw honey, not worry about sugar, you know, freedom :-).

I'm thankful the FCLO came up at the conference call yesterday, it possibly being linked to cancer, made me throw the bottles away. I am sorry to you Lynn and everybody for having recommended it.
There definately was a positive effect on my teeth, so as the Lord leads I may look into a better source of CLO. He knows. It definately is another lesson: look to Him in everything.

Sabine

Tony Polanco

Post by Tony Polanco »

Thanks guys.

I agree. We can use these things because they are good for us as long as we don’t end up in idolatry; putting our faith in the things created expecting from them what only the Lord can give us. It can and does happen, it’s happened to me many times and I’m still learning but I’m okay with that , one way or another He finds a way to remind me that He is above all things. I believe that ultimately He will bring those that are His to trust - faith in Him - A Sovereign God in all matters.

With that said , here are a few products I use that may be helpful :
Tooth paste : Redmond Earth Paste (I usually buy it on eBay)

Orawellness: Healthy Mouth Blend (usually a couple drops on my toothbrush together with the toothpaste and the Shine) ; Shine (Remineralizing tooth whitening powder)

Dental floss : Eco dent - Gentle Floss

Tony Polanco

Post by Tony Polanco »

I forgot the link to the orawellness products : https://www.orawellness.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And the dental floss I usually get it at Amazon or eBay wherever it’s cheaper.

Lynn Farris

Post by Lynn Farris »

Thanks for sharing the recipe, Alan. I finally got around to making the toothpaste and I like the way it makes my teeth feel smooth after I’ve used it. After your comment about the egg shells, I made sure mine were very finely ground and haven’t noticed a feel of them. I wanted to use some peppermint oil, but wasn’t sure I should use the essential oil I have because it’s labeled “therapeutic” grade, but after further research, I think I will use a drop or two next time. One thought that occurred to me is that I should probably run hot water in the drain after brushing, so the coconut oil doesn’t clog the drain.
Sabine, forgiven. I’ve had the notion that anything fermented is good. And I do appreciate all that you shared about your dental health.
Thanks to everyone for the information shared here. Thank you, Lord, for giving us what we need.

Return to “Mundane Matters of Importance”