Canadian Election

Our complete paper can be found here.
Bob D.

Canadian Election

Post by Bob D. »

Hi. I recently posted this pre-election ramble on Facebook. Please send this to all your contacts, and in particular to anyone who is "on the fence" or considering voting Conservative. We are capable of so much better.

Thanks.

drbob

Robert C Dickson, MD, CCFP, FCFP
Calgary, AB T3A 2M7

It is unbelievable that Canadians would still vote for this tightly controlled, aggressive, outright nasty, top down, reclusive and dishonest party. From trashing the environment; lack of accountability; excessive patronage appointments; scandals in Senate and other departments; muzzling of our scientists and researchers; embarrassing us internationally in the climate change realm and at the UN; tax breaks for their wealthy friends and supporting companies; mediocre management of the economy; refusal to develop a national energy policy; denial of environmental problems and climate change for many years; disdain for the poor; cutting valuable social programs; cutting good foreign aid programs; secrecy and lack of transparency; firing anyone who dares to speak against them or bring truth to light; lying about major contracts such as the F 35 scandal; pushing international trade deals that are detrimental to so many Canadians; harassing good NGO's that disagree with their hard fisted policies; dismal refugee and immigration policies; defunding refugee health care; abysmal treatment of many indigenous peoples; poor water management policies; blatant election fraud; creating barriers to vote for marginalized Canadians; attacking unions; promoting polluting extractive industries rather than clean technologies; attacking and slandering free speech advocates; nasty attack ads long before election call; refusal to attend important meetings nationally and internationally; myriads of broken and unfulfilled promises; purposefully missing national and international deadlines; openly smearing concerned citizens as radicals; using CRA audits to intimidate critics; silencing contrary views; decreasing and eliminating public voice and input; shutting down public forums; tearing down barriers to fossil fuel development; accelerating approval processes for suspect projects; dismantling environmental regulations; pushing through huge dysfunctional Omnibus bills; fighting aggressively First nations legal challenges; ramming through Bill C51 over the protest of scores of human rights organizations; unilaterally increasing powers of national security agencies; making it harder for individuals to hold government to account; lack of action on national poverty reduction; stopping funding to the National Council on Welfare; promoting tough on crime policies that have failed in the US; failure to invest in science; information restriction; anti-science stance and actions; cutting R&D funding; sidelining scientific integrity; jailing tens of thousands of migrants without charges; indefinite detention; impairing watchdog agencies; prorogueing parliament; public harrassment and firing of many prominent dissenters; continued cutting of corporate taxes; decreased funding of social programs, job training and infrastructure; allowing billions of dollars to leave our country untaxed every year; huge budget cuts disproportionate to departments serving the most needy (homeless, literacy, disabled, veterans, youth); promoting income inequality; undermining civil society organizations; increasing gender inequalities; huge increases in federal prison costs; increasing incarceration of minorites and aboriginals; increased self-regulation of corporations; dangerous deregulation (private profit over public safety e.g. Lac-Megantic); and scores of other "death by 1,000 cuts" policies foisted on us by a secretive, bullying, aggressive and misaligned government.
Some might ask how I REALLY feel--I could go on and on. However, the abbreviated list above should suffice to sway any "on the fence" voters and perhaps cause those inclined to vote Conservative to take a reality check. Please spread far and wide, and VOTE ON OCTOBER 19! Thanks. drbob

Victor Hafichuk

Re: Canadian Election

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Hi Dr. Dickson, Victor here.

There are many things I'm not happy about with the present Conservative government, not that I'm politically partisan; I'm not.

I deplore their policy on GMO's, for example. I and others with me spoke to MP Jim Hillyer some time ago about the issue and we may as well have been speaking to a wall, no less hard and no more informed.

Yesterday, we spoke to Rachel Harder, the candidate for our riding; she simply toed the bureaucratic industrial ag line that GMO's are scientifically sound, effective, and harmless...all the same propaganda, compliments of Monsanto, an evil empire. Adding sin to sin, she'd “be glad to discuss the issue some time.”

We've had the aggressive, prejudiced and ignorant Conservative member Blake Richards from Wild Rose constituency abuse and humiliate anti-GMO activist Lucy Sharrat who was invited to a government hearing on GMO's, who knew what she was talking and whom Richards rudely disallowed to speak. See:

<http://www.producer.com/2013/03/tory-mp ... over-gmos/>

So on that issue, I've appreciated NDP MP of BC Southern Interior Alex Atamanenko's anti-GMO stance.

However, the one very strong point, which you may disagree on, a point that would compensate for several other offences of the Harper government, is their unequivocal stand with Israel, notwithstanding the price paid, such as having to forfeit the seat at the UN Security Council and expose themselves to terrorist threats.

This I know: God will and does honor those who honor whom He has chosen to glorify Himself, that being Israel, the phoenix risen from the ashes of the holocaust after being scattered to the four winds for two millennia. Quite a miracle in our day.

While the Obama administration has abandoned and opposed Israel, Canada has been one of the very few that has stood with that tiny oppressed nation. This is a first for our country, and happened under Harper's watch.

I read your litany of charges against Harper's government, some true, some false, many vague and debatable. I'm not here to argue those with you or to be Harper's defender, but I am here to declare that if the people get an ND or Liberal government, chances are high they'll open the door to economic and social chaos and Islamist invasion such as we've never known or expected.

In fact, Justin Trudeau, besides being an arrogant, ignorant, immoral, pretentious brat, an all-around child of iniquity, has taken a public Muslim vow. As the president of the US, deliberately bringing his country to ruin, so with Trudeau and Canada. This country will smart for it, I assure you in solemn terms. It will pay in loss of freedoms and even blood.

That's why, for example, Bill C-51 was created...to secure the safety and rights of religion and speech for Canadians. Already, we've lost our freedom of speech to Islamists. Ask Ezra Levant and so many others. Do YOU dare post something negative about Islam, Muhammad, the Koran and Allah? You'd sooner use the Lord's Name in vain and burn a Bible than “insult the prophet” or so much as demonstrate disrespect for a copy of the Koran. You could lose your head in the latter option and you know it.

Of course, the civil liberties people cry, “Foul!” - suspecting tyranny, even NWO skulduggery. Fine, I understand, but people need to wake up to the urgent necessity of establishing laws to grant Canadian authorities the ability to defend this country from the very present threat now inside our borders, with much more on the way. Without C-51, which, granted, can be abused like so many other good and necessary laws and weapons, we stand to lose that which we were hoping to preserve, ironically so.

Last but by no means least, Dr. Bob, I'm told and perceive you're searching for meaning and purpose in life. When I was in my mid-twenties, in the late '60's and early '70's, I was also searching for the same and was brought to the end of my search in peace and satisfaction when the Lord Jesus Christ introduced Himself to me. “Amazing Grace...that saved a wretch like me” became my song, too.

You may recall that while you and Neil Alho were visiting on the walk at Harvest Haven, I came by telling you both I had the answer to Neil's woes. I had the answer to your search, as well. How do I know? Because I know The Answer to all of life - Jesus Christ, so that includes all problems needing solutions and questions needing answers.

You need Jesus Christ, Dr. Bob, and only He can suitably satisfy any soul. There is none other:

Acts 4:10-12 MKJV
(10) Be it known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, Whom you crucified, Whom God raised from the dead, in This Name does this man [one miraculously healed] stand before you whole.
(11) This is the Stone which you builders have counted worthless, and He has become the Head of the Corner.
(12) And there is salvation in no other One; for there is no other name under Heaven given among men by which we must be saved.

You need to turn from your personal independence of God, thinking you can effect wholeness for yourself, even in part. You can't do it. No man can. I couldn't; the Pope can't, no scientist, philosopher, meditator, philanthropist, or hero can. Only the One Who was crucified and Who raised Himself from the dead can make you whole, body, soul and spirit.

Never mind voting for men, Dr. Bob. Cast your personal ballot for Jesus Christ. Pray His forgiveness for your straying from God and breaking His Commandments...that is what sin is all about.

Romans 10:9-13 MKJV
(9) Because if you confess the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.
(10) For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses unto salvation.
(11) For the Scripture says, “Everyone believing on Him shall not be put to shame.”
(12) For there is no difference both of Jew and of Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call on Him.
(13) For everyone, “whoever shall call on the Name of the Lord will be saved.”

Dr. Bob, I know what I'm talking about. You can read Victor Hafichuk's Testimony. God grant you to believe.

Dr. Dickson, it's time we placed our trust in our Almighty Maker instead of the mortal, impotent creature. Look at man's history and world and see how he's ultimately done nothing but make a mess of things. Look at the mess we're in now. Time to get real?

By the way, I'd like you to know that inadvertently, you've been supporting the cause of artificial water fluoridation. Would you like to know how? By preferring the public title, “Dr.” Think about it. Jesus Christ will solve that problem for you, as well. He lightens the eyes, gives ears to the deaf, understanding to the heart. He does all things well.

Time for the mother of all reality checks? Yes, Dr. Bob.

\/

Return to “Mundane Matters of Importance”