Shaving

Our complete paper can be found here.
Brandon LaBerteaux

Shaving

Post by Brandon LaBerteaux »

What's the verdict on shaving? I remember a philosophy professor I had at university who used the following verse to bolster his "validity" of atheism and condemn the males in class as guilty of breaking the Jewish Law:

You shall not shave around the sides of your heads, neither shall you disfigure the corners of your beard. (Leviticus 19:27, MKJV)

Being of Irish/Jewish ethnicity on my mom's side, and French ethnicity on my dad's, the result is a rather scraggly, patchy mess. I usually remain clean shaven.

Not worried or anxious about it, since externals aren't the issue, but was hoping to set the record straight on this mundane matter.

Victor Hafichuk

Re: Shaving

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Brandon, you'll find the answer in my autobio on shaving.

Brandon LaBerteaux

Post by Brandon LaBerteaux »

Thanks, Victor.

While unsure of your specific reference in your autobio, I did find a few things regarding this: your dream of Jesus Christ, where his beard was neat, not short, not long.

That would settle the matter of trimming. I also found passages about male and female appearances, men keeping their hair short to clearly distinguish between the sexes. Perhaps growing facial hair falls under this same distinction.

Also passages regarding the man with the toupee at the mall in Montana (Magic Mill?), and a discourse on vanity and spiritual nakedness. God has our hairs numbered, so for me to concern myself over it and appearances is folly on my end. Not worried, was about to go in and shave today when I thought of it.

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Keep looking; I believe there's another particle more pointed to the subject.

Return to “Mundane Matters of Importance”