[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3902)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3902)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3902)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4774: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3902)
New Teaching - House Pets • The Path of Truth Forum

New Teaching - House Pets

Our complete paper can be found

New Teaching - House Pets

Postby Ronnie Tanner » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:36 pm

11/21/16: We have a new Teaching:

Living with pets in the home is very commonplace in our culture and very few think anything of it. Keeping pets is an often-overlooked matter that causes great loss and suffering.
Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

Re: New Teaching - House Pets

Postby Michael Demerling » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:47 pm

Thank you Martin,

For writing this paper. It made me smile where you wrote:

"I have affection for our farm animals. I care for them and appreciate the personalities that God has given them, but they all serve a purpose and they don't live in my house."

Michael
Michael Demerling

Postby Ronnie Tanner » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:21 pm

Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

Postby Terri Cabreros » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:44 pm

There...I went and did it. I offended someone with this teaching.
Peter's nephew (his sister's son), Julian and Julian's wife, Cheyenne have been coming to our home for dinners occasionally. I had posted this teaching on my FB page November 26th. They were supposed to come to dinner last Saturday (12/3) so during the day I sent them a couple of messages to confirm. They never responded and I was concerned that something may have happened.

Then as I happened to be checking my FB page last night and scrolling to the bottom looking for an article that was posted that I wanted to review, I see pictures Julian's wife posted taken of Julian with their dogs in their home...several pictures. I noticed the date she posted them was Saturday evening at 6:26pm...the night that they were supposed to be here for dinner.

That's when I knew they had seen the post and it was as if they were taunting me with the pictures, expecting that I would have seen it that night.

I was so angry...not so much that I felt they were taunting me but that I had been concerned that something may have happened to them and that same night, they posted those pictures which spoke volumes, that I unfriended him. Maybe I shouldn't have done that, being angry at that time, but I did.

Some background on them:
They live in a small studio home that's a square with a living room, bathroom and a kitchen. On one side of the living room are three big cages for three of their full sized Pit Bulls and one full sized Pit Bull is allowed to roam freely (four dogs total). On the other side of their living room is their sleeping area.
Cheyenne is pregnant and expecting their first child at the end of January.

Also, a few years ago, Cheyenne was mauled by one of their adult Pit Bulls in which she suffered extensive injuries. She does not have full use of one arm and has scarring on her arm and neck area.
His mother told me that Julian "cried like a baby" when they had to put that dog down.

One thing about local people...most of the time if you say something or do something that offends them, they won't confront you directly. What they do instead is ignore you completely or just tolerate you, which sends a message and when asked if you said or did anything to offend them, they will either continue to ignore you or deny it..."no, nothing's wrong."

I don't condemn them, I do forgive them but it does bothers me somewhat that they would be so offended, yet, at the same time, I should have known they would be and I am very thankful for what is happening. Julian can be as stubborn and unforgiving as his mother.
Lord willing, I'll give it a little time and contact him later.

It still amazes me (although it shouldn't) that when you share something you know to be good and it is perceived as evil..."touch not my idol."

Praise and bless the Lord!
Terri Cabreros

Postby Beryl Knipe » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:53 pm

Hi Terri,

Thank you for sharing this. There are many "friends" who keep on and on posting dog and cat pictures and how they're "human" and " we're their parents" and "they live in our home" etc. When I posted the pet article to Facebook, they just keep on and on and on pushing their animals and their "love for their little darlings" over and over again. To be expected.

The same with all the pagan Christmas and holy(holiday) posts I put up about Easter and Halloween and... then, people keep on and on sending out their Christmas/Easter messages.

Funny thing is, I don't feel sad or bad about what they have to say, I actually feel pleased because not only have I learnt something of benefit, I've passed that on to others - it's up to them what they do with it. Praise God for His Wisdom. Amen!
Beryl.
Beryl Knipe

Postby Alan Agnew » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:59 pm

I have a grandmother who is dying of cancer. I told her on Feb. 2, 2017 that she is sick because of a sin. It was like she had one of the plagues put on Egypt, after all. However, she said she had no idea what the sin is.

So she's nice, soft speaking, never did anything blatantly wrong. She even ran a daycare in the years before my birth and stood up to some abusive parents.

I recalled the House Pets teaching at the time and told her the pets were not healthy. She didn't pay much mind to that as the big source of the cancer and sin.

Today (Feb. 5), I gave her a print out of the teaching House Pets and said she is treating her pets as idols. Of course, she said the article was just Martin and Victor's "opinion," and I told her they had good, Biblical agruments from faith. I even said the writing came from a prophet, but she paid no heed and said she'll read it when she has time.

She has always had dogs or cats. She has two dogs right now, for example, and they are almost always indoors. There is black dog hair all over the carpet that my mother vacums up every week because it darkens the living room's floor. Oh, I don't see much hope for her in the near future, but holding pets as idols does have consequences. She doesn't even see it as sin. Strange.
Alan Agnew

Postby Faye Corman » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:08 am

Pets and pet products is a billion dollar yearly industry in America today. I suppose that's why Romans 1:22,23 said of us,

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed from glorying in God, to the glorification of corruptible man, and birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things."
Faye Corman

Postby Brandon LaBerteaux » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:56 am

Here's a good reference article on Toxoplasma Gondii--the cat-caused parasite:

Loads of scientific facts and research describing all the myriad of ways this parasite affects people (although there are moments of cat-owning sympathy and sensationalism tucked in there).
Brandon LaBerteaux

Postby Ronnie Tanner » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:59 pm

Victor received an email on the House Pets paper. You can see the email and Victor's reply here:

http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings ... .htm#Patsy
Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

Postby Tony Tan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:57 pm

I never really understood why people live with their pets especially in HK where space is very limited. I believe it's more about social status in HK. The more expensive and rarer the breed, the better. People like the attention they get from other people who appreciate their pets.
I am reminded of the following:

Vanity of vanities,” says the Preacher,
“Vanity of vanities! All is vanity.”
(Ecclesiastes 1:2 NASB)

Tony
Tony Tan

Postby Tang Williams » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:45 pm

Tony Tan quoted, "People like the attention they get from other people who appreciate their pets."

Hi Tony,

You are correct that the attention for many is important to feel and to be seen as important.

Just recently, I happen to see an interview about single men buying pets (especially cute dogs) as a pre-requisite to [sexually] attracting [or tricking] women. By having and caring for a pet suggests that he will be a good father [breeder] and care for the children.

Again, it is vanity when we try to replace the Lord with the things of the world!
Tang Williams

Return to Mundane Matters of Importance