Since when does asking Jesus into your heart NOT make you a Christian?

Click here to read our paper and see the full list of marks.
Debbie

Since when does asking Jesus into your heart NOT make you a Christian?

Post by Debbie »

(This is an archived correspondence at The Path of Truth. We have sent notification to the correspondent.)

I just read several posts you have about Billy Graham, Joel Olsteen, Clayton Jennings. I do have a question. Since when does asking Jesus into your heart, and asking him to be your personal savior, and having a relationship with him NOT make you a Christian.

I'm not a bible scholar, but this much I know. I am a child of the Lord, I read my Bible, I pray, and I lead lost souls to the Lord. I also instruct the young people I teach that they need to read their Bible and NOT just take the man behind the pulpits word. A relationship with the Lord is personal. You nor anyone else except the Lord can tell me different.

Yes, there will be several who will appear before the Lord and he will deny them. I am not their judge God is. I have watched all three I mentioned and so many many more. And I feel like it's my responsibility to discern truth from fiction. I don't always agree with what they preach but that is between me and my Father above. If souls are being saved and the person begins a personal relationship with God then one day we will meet in heaven. And it doesn't matter who lead them there.

Thank you and may God Bless ya'll. And I pray everyday for a revival in my Community, State and this Country. Because this country has turned it back on God.

Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk

Re: Since when does asking Jesus into your heart NOT make you a Christian?

Post by Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk »

For such ones are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. Did not even Satan marvelously transform himself into an angel of light? Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves as ministers of righteousness, whose end shall be according to their works.
(2 Corinthians 11:13-15 MKJV)

Since when does asking Jesus into your heart, and asking him to be your personal savior, and having a relationship with him NOT make you a Christian.

“But He answered and said to them, Well has Isaiah prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, "This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. However, they worship Me in vain, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.” (Mark 7:6-7 MKJV).

“You ask, and don't receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures” (James 4:3 WEB).

Matthew 7:21-23 MKJV
(21) Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven.
(22) Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your Name, and through Your Name throw out demons, and through Your Name do many wonderful works?
(23) And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness!

So you can judge a whole nation, Debbie, but we can't judge individuals? Something's not right there - your edict against what we do and what you're doing don't line up. It's hypocrisy.

God wouldn't have His people consorting with and supporting false teachers. How can we “watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine” we've been taught in Christ if we can't judge?

But for you, Billy Graham, Joel Osteen, and Clayton Jennings aren't divisive or offensive to the doctrine of God because you're one with them. Therefore you're also a heretic, walking contrary to the ways and teachings of Christ.

Don't start arguing or defending yourself. First review these checklists and see for yourself that you're not in agreement with Jesus Christ according to the Word of God:

The True Marks of a Cult
Diabolical Doctrines

Because a relationship with the Lord is personal, doesn't mean the fruits won't be evident, whether one is in Christ or not. How else can believers beware of false brothers and prophets? How should they not use the gift of discerning spirits (1 Corinthians 12)? How will saints not see if they have His Mind and can judge all things (1 Corinthians 2)? Don't you yourself declare, “And I feel like it's my responsibility to discern truth from fiction”?

Here's something else you say that reveals your darkness: “If souls are being saved and the person begins a personal relationship with God then one day we will meet in heaven.”

Saints meet one another in Heaven right here on earth when born again. Think about it - when Christ comes to reside in a person, and He is on the throne in Heaven, it means the saint is also in Heaven or Jesus Christ wouldn't be in him or her. We receive the “earnest of our inheritance” here when receiving His Spirit.

“The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are the children of God” (Romans 8:16 MKJV).

“But God, Who is rich in mercy, for His great love with which He loved us (even when we were dead in sins) has made us alive together with Christ (by grace you are saved), and has raised us up together and made us sit together in the heavenlies in Christ Jesus” (Ephesians 2:4-6 MKJV).

You obviously declare by your words that you don't know the reality of these things, yet you presume to believe in the Perfect Way and to convert others.

You err, Debbie, in a big way. You need to repent, to turn from yourself and false nominal Christian orthodox church doctrine to the Lord Who is Truth. Your works and prayers aren't pleasing to God. Do you know the difference between a genuine convert to Christ and a proselyte, wheat and tares? Do you really know as much as you think you know?

You say, “And I pray everyday for a revival in my Community, State and this Country.” Do you want to see true change, Lord willing? Then begin with you, right here with the Truth we preach in Christ.

Malachi 3:16-18 MKJV
(16) Then those fearing the LORD spoke together, each man to his neighbor. And the LORD listened and heard. And a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who feared the LORD, and for those esteeming His Name.
(17) And they shall be Mine, says the LORD of Hosts, for the day that I will make up My treasure. And I will pity them as a man has pity on his son who serves him.
(18) Then you shall again see the difference between the righteous and the wicked, between him who serves God, and him who does not serve Him.

Paul Cohen & Victor Hafichuk
www.ThePathofTruth.com

Return to “The True Marks of a Cult”