Have I wronged or offended you?

Current news, notices, or relevant matters at hand.
Victor Hafichuk

Have I wronged or offended you?

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

​​I have many enemies. Most of them I have made over decades by speaking and walking in the Truth, which testified against them. As the Lord said, “The world hates Me because I testify against it. If it hates Me, it will also hate you when you identify with Me.” The Lord Jesus Christ Was, Is, and Always Will Be, The Truth.

But I also believe I offended people on several occasions. I’ve been selfish, stingy, ignorant, brutish, angry, impatient, and lacking understanding with many. I lived much of my life more concerned about things than people. In particular, I’ve been cheap, cheap, cheap, shamelessly dickering people down to less than fair prices, asking more than fair prices for things I’ve sold, and caring not a whit for my neighbor, whom I’m supposed to love as myself. I’ve shamed the Lord Jesus Christ Whom I have professed to love and worship.

To those people I’ve wronged, I apologize and ask for the opportunity and privilege to make things right with you. I suspect that those whom I’ve offended with good cause may think I was at fault. So, it’s a mixed bag, surely, but I will ask God to give me the grace, the wisdom, and understanding to make things right with everyone I’ve wronged. I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt to those who have it coming to them. We may differ, but if I can somehow justifiably do you well, please allow me to do so. I will be glad to apologize and make restitution, privately or publicly.

I’ve thought about this for a long time. Understand that it isn’t out of guilt I do this. The Lord has removed the terrible burden of guilt and has set me on a good and wholesome course. I’ve experienced change I’m very thankful for, but while my conscience is clear before God, I’m sorry for the wrong I’ve done to others, and I’d like very much to see good things for them.

Please, don’t allow doubts and fears to hinder you from approaching me. Let me make things right, whether privately or publicly, it doesn’t matter to me. We’ll do it the best way we can for your sake, and your sake will be my pleasure. Thank you, all, for this privilege and kindness that I know I don’t deserve.

If there are any who have forgiven me and I’m not aware, I’d like to hear from you, anyway. I’d like to know how I wronged or offended you. If you wish to keep these things private, that’s good by me.

Write me: Victor@ThePathofTruth.com. I look forward to making friends of enemies, and if possible, better friends of friends. God bless, heal, and deliver those I’ve wronged in any way. God bless you! May He bring goodness into your lives, and if I can be an instrument in His hands for your good, all the better!

Victor Hafichuk

Tang Williams

Re: Have I wronged or offended you?

Post by Tang Williams »

Hi Victor,

Thank you for your post. I have subscribed to TPOT for 2 years now. I haven't posted any comments lately. But, this post was out of the ordinary.

I would say that if we are earnestly seeking the Truth, it should not matter how the Lord delivers it to you and especially by whom. I would have to say that you have been absolutely brutish and straight down the line when you corrected me in the past.

I took no offence by how you delivered the truth, but I was deeply hurt like a wounded puppy that the TRUTH pierced into areas that I cherished as my gods, such as my pets and even my wife. I did not realize that I loved the things of the world more than the Lord. The Truth can make you feel foolish, and I've learnt that unless you embrace the Lord's correction it does lead to anger and offence. We blame the deliverer for hurting our feelings.

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12 KJV

I still have some more learning and growing.

Thank you Victor. You have not wronged or offended me. Yes, you were hard on me. But perhaps this post might help others. All I can say is that we have no business choosing our messenger for the Truth. The Lord does.

Victor Hafichuk

I've asked if I have offended anyone. I now have this to ask and to answer: Has anyone offended me?

Yes, as I've said, I have many enemies, but if I've offended anyone wrongfully even in the slightest, and if I haven't made it right with you or with someone else you know, I ask you to let me know. I have every intention of making it right, no matter what, who, how, where, when, or how long ago. I don't care if it goes back to my early childhood. I don't care if it was while I've been a Christian, a believer in Christ for the past 45 years. I ask you to give me the opportunity to make things right, if possible. I fairly beg of you to do so, not that my conscience isn't at rest; it is, as I've said, but because I want to see truth, justice, and right prevail for all.

But here's what I'm here to write today. I have forgiven and do forgive everyone who has wronged me. Many have grievously wronged me and I forgive them all, every one of them, even if they haven't approached me for forgiveness.

I forgive all but three. There are three persons whom the Lord has not forgiven, their names blotted out of the Book of Life, and therefore, I don't believe God will agree with my forgiving them, at least not for now in this life.

Only three persons that I know of. There are those who know who they are and I will not at this moment name the three; perhaps in time to come, which could be soon, if only because some might be justly wondering and need to know who they are. "Is it I, Lord?" the disciples asked, wondering if they were the one to betray Him, and He answered them. For now, I can only go with what I've been given. So again, know that I've fully forgiven everyone in my lifetime but those three persons.

But this isn't about those three now. This is about those who have done me evil and whom I've forgiven.

Now, understand that for all those I've forgiven who have trespassed against me, it doesn't follow that they don't need to make amends or repent in order to be blessed with forgiveness. But I leave that to them and the Lord. For my part, I forgive them all for everything. And whom the Lord wills to forgive, I have no problem with that.

Now, it occurs to me that I must forgive Paul Cohen, and I have. Just before he left, I said to him, "Paul, I forgive you and bless you in the Name of the Lord." But when I began to consider the depth and extent of his guilt as I heard more from others soon after he left, I withdrew that forgiveness in my heart and cursed him, instead, not only privately, but publicly. I really did.

It so happened recently that my unexpected, successful, and relatively easy weight loss I had experienced for almost a year ceased, and I was back to gaining. I haven't been able to do anything about it. The grace was gone. I prayed; I've been before the Lord, asking Him why that blessing had ceased.

It occurred to me that it was because I hadn't forgiven Paul. I looked at my records and, going back about 4 months, found that my weight loss stopped about the time Paul left at the end of September 2017 and I withdrew forgiveness. The timing was there.

When I brought this before others, they disagreed with my conclusion or revelation, call it whichever, so I left it and kept seeking the Lord for the answer. No two or three witnesses here so I let it go. No other answer came.

I recalled approaching the Lord in 2017 as my weight climbed, and saying, "Lord, I know I don't deserve Your mercy concerning my weight, seeing I disobeyed You, but I'm asking You for it anyway. I can do nothing about my weight, I don't want to be fat, and I'm asking You for mercy I don't have coming to me."

I was amazed when He granted me my request, I truly was. What a precious gift!

You know the story of how one man begged mercy from his creditor when he couldn't pay his debt. His creditor showed mercy. But then when another indebted to the forgiven one couldn't pay and asked for mercy, the forgiven one wouldn't forgive him and had him imprisoned instead.

Matthew 18:21-35 MKJV
(21) Then Peter came to Him and said, Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Until seven times?
(22) Jesus said to him, I do not say to you, Until seven times; but, Until seventy times seven.
(23) Therefore the kingdom of Heaven has been compared to a certain king who desired to make an accounting with his servants.
(24) And when he had begun to count, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents.
(25) But as he had nothing to pay, his lord commanded that he, and his wife and children, and all that he had, be sold, and payment be made.
(26) Then the servant fell down and worshiped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me and I will pay you all.
(27) Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion and released him and forgave him the debt.
(28) But the same servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii. And he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me what you owe.
(29) And his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, Have patience with me and I will pay you all.
(30) And he would not, but went and cast him into prison until he should pay the debt.
(31) So when his fellow servants saw what was done, they were very sorry. And they came and told their lord all that was done.
(32) Then his lord, after he had called him, said to him, O wicked servant, I forgave you all that debt because you begged me.
(33) Should you not also have pitied your fellow servant, even as I had pity on you?
(34) And his lord was angry, and delivered him to the tormentors until he should pay all that was due to him.
(35) So likewise shall My heavenly Father do also to you, unless each one of you from your hearts forgive his brother their trespasses.

I'm now fairly convinced that I'd heard from the Lord as to the cause of the loss of grace to lose weight. I have been like the man whose debt was forgiven when he begged for forgiveness, received it, then refused it of another. I had repeatedly offended the Lord in this matter and so didn't deserve that mercy; however, I begged for it, God graciously gave it, and I was blessed. Then, while Paul offended against me, I didn't forgive him. True, he didn't deserve forgiveness, but neither did I.

The Lord will and is dealing with Paul as it pleases Him, but I must forgive Paul, and so I have, and I must declare it to all of you and the world because I declared my unforgiveness toward him publicly.

Paul Cohen, I forgive you.

Now, one may point out, saying, "You're only forgiving Paul because you want to be forgiven and your weight loss success restored, along with anything else you may have lost."

That's very true. And that may not be so good to the Lord. However, does that mean I don't forgive? And do we not learn consequences, which bring us to change our course and do what is right in God's sight? And is there no reward for that change? Here's what Jesus said:

Matthew 6:11-15 MKJV
(11) Give us this day our daily bread;
(12) and forgive us our debts as we also forgive our debtors.
(13) And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil. For Yours is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
(14) For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you;
(15) but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses

If now the Lord would say to me, "Too late, Victor, and not the right motive. You're not concerned about Paul or the right but only to get what you want," I must and do say, "Lord, as You see fit. But, I know I must forgive him because it's what You say is right and I believe it's what You want. I have offended and I must make it right, regardless of whether or not You forgive me and restore blessedness.

"I surely hope You can see to restoring that undeserved blessedness; nevertheless, Your will and not my will be done. Thank You, Father, for Your judgment, Your rebuke, Your correction, Your discipline. You are altogether righteous in all Your ways. I despair at the thought of the horrible weight gain and never seeing the light of day with this problem ever again. I surely hope this will not be, but what must be, must be."

But hasn't the Lord said, "And his lord was angry, and delivered him to the tormentors until he should pay all that was due to him"? So, can't I hope for the Lord to be true to His Word? Surely! I owe forgiveness, I pay it all, and the Lord will then release me in due time.

People, we have all suffered evil from others, but haven't we done evil to others? Hasn't the Lord suffered the greatest of evils from us? And haven't we been forgiven? Who then are we that we don't forgive those who trespass against us?

Truly, I've had some challenges here to deal with, and thankfully, the Lord has not abandoned me but is teaching me obedience by the things I have suffered and do suffer. We can be supremely thankful for correction, which purpose is for salvation and sanctification (the unspeakable privilege of being set apart for and identified with the Lord).

Lord willing, I will report to you what transpires from here on. May God's will be done steadfastly and if I need correction in all this, Lord, bring it on. Let me not go astray or lead others out of the Way of Life.

Victor Hafichuk

Still more to add to this topic. Do understand, everyone, that forgiveness does not mean a restoration or even an attempt at, or hope of, restoration of things or people to former status or activities. Those days are gone, thankfully.

What's been has been; what's done is done and we go on to new things and new people. We don't look back. We trust God to do a new thing, which is what He's doing, praise and bless Him!

To forgive is one thing; to look back, quite another. We dare not forgive where called for, and we dare not look back.

Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

Post by Ronnie Tanner »

Tang Williams wrote: I would have to say that you have been absolutely brutish and straight down the line when you corrected me in the past.
Can you recall and provide the particulars here, Tang?

Ronnie

Tang Williams

Post by Tang Williams »

An example is in the link below:

http://www.thepathoftruth.com/forum/vie ... 7884#p7884" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Victor Hafichuk wrote:
Does God want you to eat good food? Is He cheap? Does He compel you to eat Satan's food? Is it up to you to afford to do the right or is it up to Him to provide?

"I have to eat Satan's junk because I don't believe God can give me to do His will. I must support Satan's followers who steal, kill, and destroy with their devices."
I did not respond, nor did I feel I wanted too. But, I did get a private email from one of the members sharing his view on how Victor responded....that is in a merciless fashion. Hence, why I said brutish.

Victor Hafichuk

Tang, we have no "members." We have participants coming and going as they will, but no membership.

You've decided to judge me and partner with others judging me, saying nothing until I asked you what was going on, seeing we hadn't heard from you:

Sent: May-12-18 5:44 PM
To: Victor Hafichuk <victor@thepathoftruth.com>
Subject: Re: Whatever Happened to You?

Hi Victor,

I am okay. As I am receiving the emails from TPOT. I do read most but not all. Please don't unsubscribe me.
I don't have internet access where I live except when I am work. Yes, I am permitted access for personal use during our breaks.
However, I have limited time these day as I am preparing for a flight test ..... haven't flown in 20+ years.
But I am good otherwise.

Sincerely

Tang

But you are "good otherwise"?

On 11 May 2018 at 02:19, Victor Hafichuk <victor@thepathoftruth.com> wrote:
Tang, what happened?
\/

So were you "okay"? Apparently, we see disingenuousness. And I don't see you changing on that. Here's what the Lord has to say about brutish people, the very term you used for me:

2 Peter 2:12-16 KJV
(12) But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
(13) And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;
(14) Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
(15) Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
(16) But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.

Jude 1:4-19 KJV
(4) For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
(5) I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
(6) And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
(7) Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
(8) Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
(9) Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
(10) But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
(11) Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
(12) These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
(13) Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.
(14) And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
(15) To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
(16) These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.
(17) But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
(18) How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
(19) These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

I'd like to know who those murmuring "members" are. Perhaps, being brutish, I have no right to confront those who come against me? Is that what Jesus instructed?

The house of Chloe reported such people to Paul without partisanship, shame, or hesitation. Where there was evil, Paul often named the evildoers openly, not with backbiting, whispering, or murmuring but with the sure knowledge of necessity and intent to prevent a little leaven leavening the whole lump. You've been poisoned and now you proceed to poison others.

Obviously, you have far more regard for the murmuring judges than you do for me or what the Lord gives me to speak.

"Any who love knowledge want to be told when they are wrong. It is stupid to hate being corrected" (Proverbs 12:1 GNB).

"Any who love knowledge want to be told when they are wrong. It is stupid to hate being corrected" (Proverbs 12:1 GNB).

Is that me, Tang, or is it you and your "silent partner"? Understand that unless you make it known who it is, it begins to cast a shadow on more than one. The leaven at work, the power of dark ways defying the Light.

Tang Williams

Post by Tang Williams »

Hi Victor,

Thank you for your response. I would like to present the following;
Victor Hafichuk wrote:Tang, we have no "members." We have participants coming and going as they will, but no membership.
The icon above says, 'Members,' so I took it on face value to mean membership or "members."
Victor Hafichuk wrote:Tang But you are "good otherwise"? On 11 May 2018 at 02:19, Victor Hafichuk <victor@thepathoftruth.com> wrote:Tang, what happened? \/
'Good otherwise,' is to state that I have been doing a few things in my life, not being able to post comments as I did before, didn't mean that something is wrong.
Victor Hafichuk wrote:But I also believe I offended people on several occasions. I’ve been selfish, stingy, ignorant, brutish, angry, impatient, and lacking understanding with many. I lived much of my life more concerned about things than people.
Victor, you used brutish to describe yourself. Therefore, I thought it would be okay to use these words too.

The point, I've been trying to make is that I am here to seek the truth and correction as the Lord see fit. I was simply stating an observation not a judgment on you or anyone here on TPOT. How the truth is delivered to me is up to the Lord. I don't think the truth is always delivered, even by Jesus in the most graceful volume or tone. Sometimes, it can be harsh. But, the truth is the truth.
Victor Hafichuk wrote:Obviously, you have far more regard for the murmuring judges than you do for me or what the Lord gives me to speak.
There will always be murmuring by anyone who hears the truth, who judge by the tone of your voice rather than the truth that it speaks of. I cannot recall who the participant is, I will search to see if I have the email.

I am grateful for you Victor and the rest of the team at TPOT for doing the Lords work. I sincerely apologize Victor and to anyone here if I seem disingenuous. That is not my intention.

Alan Agnew

Post by Alan Agnew »

Tang, two-thirds of your regular diet was not organic. I don't see any testimony that you cut out regular consumption of that poison; rather, haven't you blown off true advice?

Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

Post by Ronnie Tanner »

Tang responded to this thread, but we initially disapproved his reply. We've decided to post it now, along with a followup email from him. His forum post:
Alan Agnew wrote:Tang, two-thirds of your regular diet was not organic. I don't see any
testimony that you cut out regular consumption of that poison; rather,
haven't you blown off true advice?
Thank you for your response. I found it odd that you decided to respond
now, not 11 months ago when I posted my comment.

In what way have I blown off true advice? The point I wanted to make is I
that I was in the process of making a change in my life. I wanted to
demonstrate that I was committed to making a change and putting it into
action. Faith without any form of action is dead! Do you think I should I
have waited for the Lord to provide?

I cannot make a house, but I can build one brick by brick. And, that is
what I was trying to illustrate. I had to trust that the Lord will supply
the rest of the materials.

Organic food was out of my budget. However, at that moment in time the Lord
blessed me within weeks with an increase in income to afford such type of
food.

The issue was about the use of chemicals on agriculture. Are what you eat
organic? What about what you wear? Are they from non-chemical or organic
processes?

Following the disapproval, Tang sent the following email to Victor:

Sent: May-31-18 4:37 PM
To: Victor Hafichuk
Subject: We're done with you

Hello Victor,

My last post was disapproved. However, the disapproved email ended with, 'We're done with you.'

I interpret that as TPOT don't want any association with me.

Therefore, please take me of the emailing and log on list. I apologize if I have caused any trouble and ask for everyone's forgiveness. Victor, please forgive me. And, all the best for doing the Lord's work and those at TPOT.

Yours sincerely
Tang

Victor Hafichuk

This fellow apologizes, asks forgiveness, yet has not the slightest sense of evil, no recognition of wrongdoing, no conviction of sin or heart for repentance.

\/

Jordan Schmorr

Post by Jordan Schmorr »

I definitely have been offended by you Victor and perhaps I was wronged as well, but I submit to God and to you as having authority over me and higher ability to discern the difference between "wronging me" or it having been "proper admonishment".

In March of 2016 during an email correspondence I was having between you said,

"At some point you said you had enough of being pampered. Really? I think, Jordan, that you’ve felt like killing us, you’ve been so upset. And you may even be driven to try it one day, as Cain was with Abel, Saul with David, and Haman with Mordechai. You can’t handle the truth, can you? It has occurred to me that you’re full of self-pity and rage. You’re OFFENDED!"

(This is just a segment of the correspondence, I am not trying to do a hit piece and just quote you out of context but the emails are pretty long, if you'd like I can and will post them in full either in public or private)

I was very hurt that anything I had said or done had lead you to believe I was so upset at you and perhaps others that I wanted to kill you and that I might even be driven carry out the task one day.

I responded to that email you sent me and you never responded back to my final message (To the best of my knowledge and from what I can find in my email archive).

I don't believe there was any proceeding discussion on the forums about this (I can almost certainly look to see if it exist, my previous Forum name was Jordan S). Shortly after that correspondence, I determined that if the founder of The Path of Truth website had made up his mind that I probably want to murder him, not just through presumptuous hatred in my mind, but that I would also potentially carry it out in the flesh, I felt like there was no way I could ever feel truly welcomed here to one degree or another and left TPOT feeling misunderstood and rejected by a man of God.

I'm not saying I want, expect, or feel entitled to an apology, I'm just opening up about something that really hurt me. I know I am the furthest thing from perfect but I can say in full earnest truth that I have never felt or thought that way about anybody at The Path of Truth.

Perhaps I was too sensitive, perhaps a was too prideful to see the forest for the trees in what the message was. I do not know for sure.

Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

Post by Ronnie Tanner »

Hi Jordan,

I sent this note to Victor after you originally submitted your post:

Victor,

I went through the old correspondence to see what he was referencing and perhaps you might have gotten a response from him but I don't see anything in the file - only him responding to Paul. He says he responded to you but didn't get a response. And when he did respond to Paul he didn't say anything about not hearing from you, although he acknowledged having received your forum post about accepting his apology. Either way, he didn't have much use for the following instruction when this matter of him not receiving a response came up the first time:
"A good lesson from your experience of assuming you were being ignored by us is to check into things before jumping to conclusions. You can give it a little time and then ask the person if they received your letter, after checking your spam filter to see if you missed a reply.

You could also add, when asking if your letter was received, that you’re just checking because you would appreciate hearing back. Persistence pays off. And people are invariably persistent whenever something is important enough to them."
Also, Jordan says "I determined that if the founder of The Path of Truth website had made up his mind that I probably want to murder him, not just through presumptuous hatred in my mind, but that I would also potentially carry it out in the flesh, I felt like there was no way I could ever feel truly welcomed here to one degree or another and left TPOT feeling misunderstood and rejected by a man of God."

That's precisely the example you gave him, of Cain's offendedness leading to his killing Abel. Maybe he's having second thoughts, but I don't see him taking responsibility by what he submitted.

Ronnie

Return to “Current Events and Notices”