A CALL TO GODLY ACTIVE DUTY

Current news, notices, or relevant matters at hand.
Kat Parker

Re: A CALL TO GODLY ACTIVE DUTY

Post by Kat Parker »

Dear Victor and all,
I am here and get what you are saying. The things in my life have caused me to want to share with others, right here where I live. As I wait on the Lord, I believe wherever we are, we are to share, as He leads, always giving the glory to God. And so I wait and not always with patience; but I know He is faithful and continues to forgive when I fall or fail in a thing. Even though I know I don’t have the baptism of the Holy Spirit, I know that He is here, beside me, in front of me, everywhere...

Thank you again for all that you write and say. Kat Parker

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Amen, Kat, amen. Our work is to believe on Him.

Iris Schneider

Post by Iris Schneider »

The following mail was sent on March 24 to Victor, Marilyn, Martin and Ronnie.
Today at the conference Ronnie said he did not receive my mail. Suspecting that nobody received it, the copy of it here for everyone to read:

Hi,
want to let you all know, Yes, I agree:
If the Lord means anything at all to us, we will take on whatever duty
we’re able and do it to the best of our ability according to His will.
Agreed?

Col. 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working
for the Lord.

Lord willing I continue translating, please receive the work on
repentance attached (Rolf did not reply to my question if he is willing
to proofread).
I could also proofread some texts to find spelling mistakes(english or
german) if need be.

Recently I wondered, about the purpose of God for my life and how He
could/would use me in other ways than doing my homemaking-duties and
gardening. Since I still have problems to walk(Hip bursitis)I dont feel
strong, or up to the task. I am thankful to the Lord that he shows me
how unreasonable proud I was when still in shape, looking down on
others, not able to reach their toes or needing hip replacement. Now I
need reprogramming the hard way.
Never looking down but rather up to Him!

I live very remote here in Brazil with almost no social contacts.
By reading your "Call for active godly duty", the Idea came to connect
to my "Christian" German friends, sending them the statement you wrote
on Billy Graham. We all where involved and attended his crusades in
Germany, where he preached on a screen while we provided the frame for
the event with songs, testimonies,greetings, etc.
Some years ago a brasilian woman asked me if I think he was a true
christian and I said no, because the bible says His followers will be
persecuted and he is not been persecuted but a friend of several
presidents and a famous person.

For the next translation I thought to stay in the teachings but find
the diabolical doctrines important too. Iam open to your suggestions
or wishes/demands of German readers if there are any.
Thankful for the call of the Lord and Victor.

Blessings to all,
- Iris.

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Iris, perhaps Rolf missed your letter by the same way we did?

Iris Schneider

Post by Iris Schneider »

Victor,
could very well be, so I sent it again to Rolf and Ronnie today.

Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

Post by Ronnie Tanner »

I sent the following email to the folks who had responded to this thread but am posting it here as well, along with the responses we've received so far. Any further responses can be made here.

Hi everyone!

I’m emailing those of you who responded to this post, or if you’ve expressed interest in getting involved.

We’ve been considering various things that we have going on and where others might be able and willing to join in with the work. We know that everyone has varying abilities, callings, and available time. So, we’re providing several different projects that we have available where people can consider and choose from. Of course, we will also consider each person’s abilities and what things seem to be a fit.

On some projects, there will only be the need for one or two people at a time to work on them. Other projects will allow for multiple people to work at the same time.

Take a look at the project list below and let me know which one(s) you are interested in, and I will follow up with more specifics.

Ronnie

Project List

1) Reformatting archived letter files (Multiple People)

This is a large project that involves working with the old emails in Microsoft Word (or Google docs) that have been sent to visitors at The Path of Truth. We have nearly 7,000 files. We need to go through them, read them, reformat them, provide a title, and make them available for posting at the website. SEE 2) False teacher submissions (Multiple people)

We have developed a web form to allow people to submit new false teachers. There are over 400,000 registered churches in North America alone. Lord willing, there is no shortage of opportunity here. SEE
False Teacher Submission Guidelines.docx
(18.14 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
3) Instagram Account Management (1 or 2 people, coordinating efforts)

TPOT has an Instagram account. We would like to publish all new memes or existing proverbs that we have. There can also be an opportunity for those who are able to work with graphics to put together new images or “infographics” corresponding to existing proverbs at the site. **This requires a mobile device with the Instagram app installed**

4) Twitter Account Management (1 or 2 people, coordinating efforts)

TPOT has a Twitter account. We can publish links to papers at The Path of Truth, excerpts from Bible readings – similar to what is done at Facebook. If you have some experience with Twitter and would like to manage this, let us know.

5) Website management (1 or 2 more people)

TPOT uses Wordpress to manage all of the content. If you have experience with this platform, or other similar platforms, and are comfortable working in an online technical environment, and would like to help, let us know, along with what experience you have. We are continually posting new papers, making edits to existing papers, and posting translations.

6) Facebook Account Management (1 or 2 people coordinating efforts)

TPOT has a Facebook account. There are a variety of things to be done here like posting new proverbs, memes, links to papers, and Bible-reading excerpts.

7) Gathering past conference call subjects, attendees, and timestamps (Multiple people)

This involves listening to past and ongoing conference calls, gathering the attendees, timestamps, and subjects of things brought up, and recording them in a document. You’ve likely seen this done in past forum submissions. You can see an example here.

8) Transcribing Bible Reading Excerpts (Multiple people)

If you are on Facebook you may have seen some of the posts we’ve been making where portions of past Bible readings are included. It involves listening to the Bible readings, and transcribing applicable short lessons, truths, or revelations. You can see an example here.

9) Translations (Multiple people)

If you speak a language in addition to English and believe you can take on the task of translating, we’ve got plenty of papers at TPOT that haven’t been done.

10) Identifying Errors and Omissions in TPOT Papers (Multiple people)

This involves systematically going through the papers at TPOT, looking for spelling errors, grammatical problems, and technical errors like broken or outdated links. Also you can be available to proofread new papers before they are published. You’ll report what you find to those who are responsible for making the changes at the website.

11) Fluoride Website Management (1 or 2 people)

Victor & Marilyn put together a fluoride awareness website, http://fluoridefreelethbridge.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which needs some attention and management, adding new, applicable content when it becomes available, or writing up new posts based on what is in the news. There may be other things Marilyn has in mind. This project will require similar technical experience as working with TPOT (see #5).

12) “QA” - Review all new material (Multiple People)

Anytime we create a new post, or translation, or make any change on the website, we like to get multiple sets of eyes to look over things to find any grammatical or technical errors.

[END]

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 7:13 PM Tony Tan replied:

Hi Ronnie,

Thanks for your email. As you already know, by God’s grace, I am working on the Chinese translations of the Teachings of TPOT. I am happy to do other work (as you see fit) if there are no or few volunteers on any specific area, God willing, I will do. I thank the Lord for His blessings of work.

Tony

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 7:31 PM Sarah Stuckey replied:

Hi Ronnie!

I've been helping with making the transcript for the conference calls that we have and also the errors and omission project. I'm interested in helping with projects 7,8,10, & 12.

Sarah

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 10:25 PM Alan Agnew replied:

Hello Ronnie!

Project 1 is of interest to me at the moment. I would like to help with that if it’s good in your eyes. Hopefully, the false teacher images project continues, too.

Thank you. My replies may be delayed while I am at the forestry conference, by the way.

Alan Agnew

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 5:29 AM, Isaiah Dillard replied:

I'll help with Twitter

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 9:55 AM Victor Hafichuk replied:

Good morning, everyone!

Perhaps it would be good to publicly post among ourselves the names of those who have offered to serve and in what department or capacity. Let everyone know who is committing, committed, and faithful. A report of accomplishments and activities would be good, hopefully serving as edification and exhortation for many. Let’s just not get carried away, while serving, with thinking we are anything special or deserving of gratitude and praise, though I do believe we ought to acknowledge one another’s dutifulness, goodwill, and value.

Luke 17:5-10 MKJV
(5) And the apostles said to the Lord, Give us more faith.
(6) And the Lord said, If you had faith as a grain of mustard seed, you might say to this sycamine tree, Be rooted up and be planted in the sea! And it would obey you.
(7) But which of you who has a servant plowing or feeding will say to him immediately after he has come from the field, Come, recline?
(8) Will he not say to him, Prepare something so that I may eat, and gird yourself and serve me until I eat and drink. And afterward you shall eat and drink.
(9) Does he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I think not.
(10) So likewise you, when you shall have done all the things commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants, for we have done what we ought to do.

I’m wondering if these communications pertaining to the development of these plans and works might not serve well by being posted as a historical record. We never did that in the past. I think historical record has its special and worthwhile function if we treat it as we ought.

Isaiah, you’re on record now! :) We’ll see where you and Ronnie can follow through for God’s Will and Glory. This goes for all who have consented to the work, the “call to active Godly duty.” I recall the illustration the Lord gave, and I think it good to remind everyone:

Matthew 21:28-32 MKJV
(28) But what do you think? A man had two sons; and he came to the first and said, Son, go work in my vineyard today.
(29) He answered and said, I will not. But afterwards he repented and went.
(30) And he came to the second and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir; and did not go.
(31) Which of the two did the will of his father? They said to Him, The first. Jesus said to them, Truly I say to you that the tax-collectors and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.
(32) For John came to you in the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him. But the tax-collectors and the harlots believed him. And when you had seen it, you did not repent afterwards so that you might believe him.

I’d also like to add that all those on FB can actively look for opportunities to share the Truth, as you have, Isaiah, and as have several others. FB is a wonderful and unfathomable opportunity, a platform ready for the taking. Take advantage of it while we can; it won’t last forever.

And let’s not in the least underestimate the great importance and value of those who serve in other less public capacities such as do the faithful at Harvest Haven - Martin, Jeannie, their children, James, and Marilyn, as well as those who help out immensely from time to time when they come visiting, like Igor, Simon, Ronnie, and others.

Nor can we forget those who, though they can’t make it happen in other active, systematic, or infrastructural ways, are diligent to give to the Lord and contribute financially, as able, so that we can do His work.

We can take nothing for granted. Finally, let’s always remember that without God’s grace granted us, none of us can do anything. Let’s consider that it’s a blessing to be given to serve whenever we can, in whatever way, whoever and wherever we are.

As Job said, “The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the Name of the Lord!” I have learned and am learning that.

Let this be part of the record, Lord willing.

\/

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 11:52 AM Sabine Smit replied:

Hi Victor, Ronnie, and all,

I want to help more.

As for translations, I am currently working on Baptism in the Holy Spirit
I also want to contribute working on one or more of the following:
Reformatting archived letter files,
Gathering past conference call subjects, attendees, and timestamps,
Transcribing Bible Reading Excerpt,
Identifying Errors and Omissions in TPOT Papers,
QA,

Let me know which you see fit for me to work on.

As for FB, I have been seeing some of those opportunities, but have been reluctant lately for a couple of reasons, some I can put into words, others I can't. I do see I lose a lot of time on there getting lost in politics and I want to use it more efficiently. Also I don't want it to be me in the flesh out there, so I am asking the Lord for guidance.

Sabine

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 7:41 PM Lynn Farris replied:

Good Evening Victor, Ronnie and All,

I would like to help with Reformatting archived letter files, Identifying Errors and Omissions in TPOT Papers, and QA.

Lynn

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 12:50 AM Jenni Poutiainen replied:

Hi,

I would be interested in 7, 8, 10, 12... I couldn't see the attachments so I wonder what pertains to 1 and 2; I see Brandon has written at least one false teacher paper so I gather that 2 could be something along those lines (which I'm not the right person for), but not sure. 1 would sound fine to me.

Jenni

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 5:55 AM Stephen Beiler replied:

Hi Ronnie,

Lord willing, I want to help where I can, I'm not good with technology but am willing to learn, if The Lord wills it He will provide.

#10 may be something I could help with, and am willing.

Stephen

Oneil Richards replied on 05-22-2018 via FB:

so far i think 10 and 12 are the areas i could be of help

Dan Lysthauge

Post by Dan Lysthauge »

Hi,

I am interested in the Instagram account.

Dan
Dan Lysthauge

Braden Preston

Post by Braden Preston »

Hello all,

I have been working on moderating comments that come to the website through Facebook and generic page maintenance through WordPress, like posting translations that others have finished. I have also done some small graphics work for the bible readings and Harvest Haven.

I am interested in false teacher submissions, should the Lord give me the capacity and understanding to do them properly. Also, depending on the complexity, I may be be able to make some small tools that make the letters formatting process simpler. That way more focus can be spent on reading, understanding, and reviewing them for posting.

- B

Michael Preston

Post by Michael Preston »

Hi all,

I'm interested in the Letters program itself. I'm currently working on a standalone desktop application for viewing, editing, and submitting letters. I've experimented with a way to convert raw RTF content from the letters into HTML (web) format. I also found a tool that, while somewhat limited, can post pages and posts to WordPress.

Lord willing, I'd like to combine these functionalities and what exists currently in TPOT Letters to bring the program up to date and satisfy the needs of the Path of Truth. We have, I think, thousands of letters to manually edit. I'd like to replicate what exists in the current Letters program and add any new features or bug fixes that may arise over time. I'd like to share what I have built so far as well.

I'm also interested in continuing work on WordPress translations and letters as they are now. Twitter sounds interesting and I have experience using it, though just my personal account. I'll continue responding on Facebook.

Overall, I have a desire to get involved and shout the Truth from the rooftops, as the Lord wills it.

I'm eager to hear any thoughts on the above idea(s), especially programming or web! ;)
-Nick Preston

Michael Vavases

Post by Michael Vavases »

I'm interested in projects 1, 10, and 12.

I'm currently working on #10, though not really actively due to another project. But I thought I'd post which teachings I've been through already so others don't do the same work:

A
Abel’s Occupation — Agriculture
Abortion
Abuse, The Answer to All
Acceptance
Accuser, The Ways of the
Adversity, Enjoy the

B
Babylon, Excommunicated by
Back to Basics

D
Dandelion

W
Waters, Holy

Perhaps some more guidance would help for #10, Ronnie. Maybe someone can be assigned a particular letter of the alphabet, and only submit corrections once their letter is complete, so that you're not constantly getting corrections to implement (you or whoever else is to implement them).

If this works, I'll claim A, B, D, and W for now, since I've already started them.

Jenni

Post by Jenni »

I’d have a suggestion, by the way. If you go to the sitemap on the website, you can hold your mouse over a link to see the paper’s summary, which I think is veeery handy. There’s an enormous amount of papers, for which reason there obviously aren’t summaries to all of them. Would it be a good idea to consider outlining links as a project?

Thierry Bwuzure

Post by Thierry Bwuzure »

Hi everyone,

I'd like to work on reformatting archived letter files. Also on the translations of the papers, the videos (add subtitles), the proverbs, memes, and Facebook's posts in French.

For the moment, I am working on the review of the French translations with Ingrid. I was thinking it would be good to translate some threads on the forum. That's a lot of work and I don't know if it's really a good idea. I point that because there's one of my contact on Facebook who has some problem with English. He is using Google Chrome to translate web pages of TPOT. It seems it doesn't work on the forum.

Maybe it's better to focus on the website for now.

I am working on some covers of Victor's songs at the moment. I'd like to make more of them. I also have some compositions and songs. I'd like to share it, Lord willing.

I think that's all I have for the moment, it's already a good amount of work. I'd like to get involved in more things but I will set myself on what I have said here. Occasionally, I can still help with Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook if it's needed.

Andrew Battaglia

Post by Andrew Battaglia »

Hi everyone,

I had started working on the TPOT letters in the past but fell off from doing so. I only have a laptop at the moment and it doesn’t like to cooperate all the time. I can still get back to working on those letter since I have the program setup (might have to call Ronnie to refresh certain things). At the moment though I would like to help with # 10, Identifying Errors and Omissions in TPOT Papers. I also think this is something my mother, Lori, can help with since she is not good with computers and only has an iPad to work with. Lord willing, I will be able to help more in the future.

Simon Hall

Post by Simon Hall »

Hi everyone,

I feel drawn to option 2, false teacher submissions. While I feel drawn to that option, I can’t say that I’m excited about it, because I’m not. I do feel hopeful though, because, without going into details how, I know it will challenge and confront things in my nature that need to be dealt with. One of those things being fear, and another being unbelief. It will also make me more accountable for some of the time wasting I know that I’m extremely good at.

While sitting at Martin and Jeannie’s table after dinner, on the second last day of my recent trip to Harvest Haven, Martin told me I need to make myself vulnerable. When he said it, I know he meant completely vulnerable, without holding back anything, hence why I shed a tear at the time, because of the sheer dread of it. And I say completely vulnerable because I have been very good at being vulnerable over the years, but in a calculated self-preserving kind of way. It’s time for that crap to stop.

While I’d like to keep hiding, I know it’s not really an option.

Also, I don’t want to do this if I’m just making it up. Victor wrote the following in a Word document regarding the false teacher submissions, attached to Ronnie’s post on May 21.
Don’t let my instructions and critique discourage you in doing these papers. However, if it’s not given to you to do it, then you can’t do it; it’s that simple. We can’t make this a technical project. God must anoint us to speak; we must speak the Living Word. That doesn’t happen to everyone at all times; know that. I’d rather do nothing at all than do something, “just something,” in the Name of the Lord when not given to do it. Better to serve by waiting on Him rather than running ahead, even if it takes many years, even decades. That’s the way it is.
While doing the false teacher submissions is no more or less important than any other task or duty, Victor also says the following in the Word document mentioned above:
We need to be objective, nonpartisan, not standing for ourselves or our doctrinal position or TPOT or Victor, but for the Lord, for the Truth. We must be zealous for Him. Which means there can be no sin entertained or hidden in our lives, no hypocrisy; otherwise, the Lord will be severe in His judgment on us, even as He was on Eli and his 2 sons by the Philistines. Or take Nadab and Abihu who “played with fire and got burned.” Some fires you can play or work with and not get into too much trouble, but we don’t dare play with the Fire of God. These are holy things we’re talking about. They can’t be treated as a “job” or as secular things are treated. We’re not serving at an office or depot of some kind but before His Throne.
That’s the kind of stuff that would normally see me want to head for the hills and not even contemplate doing the false teacher submissions. But I know that's not an option either.

I'm sure if there is no witness from others to me doing the false teacher submissions, it will be revealed soon enough.

I don’t have the strength to do this on my own, yet, I most certainly don’t want to do it in my own strength.

Simon Hall

PS. I signed off as Simon Hall instead of just Simon because there has been another Simon, Simon Charles, active on the forum recently, and I think it’s important that there is no confusion.

Lauren Santiago

Post by Lauren Santiago »

Hi all,

I would like to help with the Instagram and Twitter account management if there is still a need. Otherwise, I'm open to serve where needed as far as I'm able.

Has there been any discussion of recording more audio files for articles on the site? I have found those to be very useful when reading was not convenient. If it's up for consideration I would be happy to record selections, though I don't know that it would be profitable to have a woman reading Victor's words. I did once read that men respond better to recordings of women's voices and vice versa. Maybe we could go for a four part harmony. :D

Lauren

Brian McDonald

Post by Brian McDonald »

Hi Ronnie and all. I would be interested in the Instagram account. I have a little bit of experience with graphics and working with images. Not much mind you, but I am a quick learner and would like to help out if I can. If you could give me more information on what exactly is required, I would love to try.

Brian.

Nicholas Carpenter

Post by Nicholas Carpenter »

I can work on project 11. Is there a system for going through the papers? Such as a list of papers to go through or a list of papers already done. If there isn't I can start going through systematically, A-Z.

Terri Cabreros

Post by Terri Cabreros »

Hi everyone...
I have been working on Moderator Workings and Bible Reading Transcriptions.
Completed Books: Matthew, Mark, 1 Corinthians, 1 Thessalonians, Jeremiah, Lamentations.
Working on now: Ezekiel

Michael Condit

Post by Michael Condit »

I know this is very late, but I can help work on # 8 if help is still needed there.

-Michael

Return to “Current Events and Notices”