Archaeology, the Bible, and Documentaries

Current news, notices, or relevant matters at hand.
Brandon LaBerteaux

Archaeology, the Bible, and Documentaries

Post by Brandon LaBerteaux »

I watched a documentary that was on Netflix a couple months ago, I believe it was called "Is Genesis History?"

It was a peculiar documentary; filled with some true and some false, like many of these things.

What I appreciated the most about it was analyzing geology and fossils from a Biblical/flood perspective.

They talked about how pre-flood, there was likely a completely different climate, where it didn't rain, but rather water was stored in the atmosphere creating a continuous tropical climate.

They also analyzed how fossils and the Grand Canyon and other rock layers show evidence of catastrophic and instant layering, that is if one isn't trying to impress a 4 billion geologic timescale upon the data.

I wasn't a creationist before TPOT. I wasn't an evolutionist either, but I didn't necessarily believe the 7 day account. I do now. There is evidence, there is likelihood, and more importantly there is God's testimony.

Anyways, I thought I'd pass it along. Didn't agree with everything the scientists said, I believe there was some Trinitarian doctrine there, but it was good to see a solid group of evolutionist resistors in the geology/archaeology field.

Victor, you mentioned a documentary about Exodus on Facebook. Was it "Patterns of Evidence: Exodus?"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterns_of_Evidence" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brandon LaBerteaux

Re: Archaeology, the Bible, and Documentaries

Oh and I forgot until just now!

In that documentary, i believe, I saw the temple I dreamed of in the dream I had from the Lord several months ago (maybe March, it's here on the Forum):

It was an archaeological finding of a giant temple base in Iraq or Iran, where they believe the initial work for the Tower of Babel may have began (see picture below)

This was almost exactly what I saw in my dream, only the one I saw was much larger!
Attachments
IMG_0078.JPG

Brandon LaBerteaux

The dream was posted January 27, 2017 at this link:

http://www.thepathoftruth.com/forum/vie ... 6926#p6926" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michael Demerling

Post by Michael Demerling »

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for mentioning this documentary "Is Genesis History?".

I watched this tonight on Netflix here in Canada. I was surprised that the star rating was so low. It is probably one of the best documentaries on the concept of a young earth, I have seen. It was noteworthy that they had a large number of Scientists (PhD's) supporting the Genesis account.

What exactly did you find false and where did you see/hear Trinity doctrine in the film? (I likely missed that).

Sincerely,
Michael

Brandon LaBerteaux

Hi Michael,

Glad you watched the documentary and found it to be beneficial!

You know it was back in June when I watched it, at a time where I was watching documentaries and kind of nodding off here and there. It is entirely possible I conflated it with another documentary I saw.

My apologies, I don't mean to dissuade or judge the contents, only advise others to be alert to potential falsehood.

PS after reading "Catholic Apologetics" I decided to check out "The Keepers."

Informative, enlightening, and absolutely gut-wrenchingly abominable. Just shocking how deep these pedophile rings go while hiding behind the Name of the Lord. Not for the faint of heart, but definitely sheds some light on the insanity of Catholicism.

Michael Demerling

Post by Michael Demerling »

Hi Brandon,

I saw that we have the series Keepers on Canadian Netflix too. I will watch some of it as time permits.

I heard the pope made the following statement in 2015 on his twitter account:
"Christians and Muslims are brothers and sisters, and we must act as such."

The pope took a lot of heat for that statement. Of course I disagree strongly with him, but I got to thinking on his level of sin and corruption he is right. That is; nominal Christians and Catholics and Muslims are indeed brothers - in false religion.

Fortunate for me the Lord brought me out of the Catholic church 30 years ago. Even at that time my parents knew the hypocrisy of the Catholic church and had no issue with me leaving.

I am grateful that the Lord had mercy on us and brought us all (TPOT members) into truth. It was no small feat considering how much energy and passion He used in the lives of Victor, Marilyn, Paul and others to make this all possible.

Sincerely,
Michael

Return to “Current Events and Notices”