We're Concerned About You...

Current news, notices, or relevant matters at hand.
Joseph Harris

We're Concerned About You...

Post by Joseph Harris »

Hi Jason,

Recently you advised your release from the temporary incarceration and was so grateful to be back in the “free world”(my words)!
Several responded with thankfulness and were excited to hear of your return.
Although, my recent surfing the forum I hadn’t  noticed any recent updates advising your brethren how you were progressing.

As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. Galatians 6:10(KJV)  

My youngest son experienced being incarcerated for three years, committing a foolish and unlawful act during his adolescent years. I say this only to let you know there are others in this assembly who’ve experienced the intricacies of our judicial system whether direct or indirectly. There should be no feelings of shame or disappointing anyone here. I have confidence those assembled here would be in agreement.
Even though you may have been restrained for a season per the governing laws of the land, ALL desire to experience that lasting freedom that only the LORD offers.

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. John 8:36(KJ21)

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

- Joseph

Alan Agnew

Re: We're Concerned About You...

Post by Alan Agnew »

I, too, feel concern about Jason. I do not know why he hasn't been around, and it is understandable to me why he wouldn't be, but it's still for the best that he be around. Hmm, maybe he'll be on a conference call soon, Lord willing. Perhaps a reply that talks about his situation is good, too.

Jason, I must also say that you seem similar to me, though I do not know to what extent. Perhaps we can talk about that another day and see if it edifies us both.

Beryl Knipe

Post by Beryl Knipe »

I've also been wondering about Jason....
Beryl

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Jason Lee, know that placating our enemies to keep your comfort zone will not do with the Lord. It will only condemn you, and he who seeks to save his life will lose it but he who loses it for My sake and the Gospel's will save it.

And what does it profit a man if he should gain the whole world but lose his soul, or what can he give in exchange for his soul?

Dennison Rivera

Post by Dennison Rivera »

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure exactly what is happening with Jason. I assume that he doesn't have the means to participate as frequently as he wants, but here is the latest response I received from him.

​---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 7:07 AM
Subject: Re: Catching Up
To: Dennison Rivera

Btw, I'm wondering if there is anything that I can help you or Ronnie with at TPOT. I'm not the brightest bulb but there has to be some way that I can contribute in my free time instead of wasting it on things unprofitable. Any ideas? Perhaps Victor has some input?

Lord willing, I'll have my phone tomorrow and we can chat, if you're free to.

Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 8:44:12 AM
To: Dennison Rivera
Subject: Re: Catching Up

Hi Dennison! I haven't been on in a while. Doing well here. What's going on with you?

Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 11:15:58 PM
To: Jason Lee
Subject: Catching Up

What's up Jason?

Joseph Harris

Post by Joseph Harris »

Hi Dennison,

Thank you for sharing Jason’s recent communication.

Would you or Jason feel comfortable sharing his needs with those assembled here? His need may be as simplistic as requiring assistance to keep his cellular phone on in order to remain in constant communication with the brethren.

Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need.
Acts 2:43:45(NIV)

- Joseph

Dennison Rivera

Post by Dennison Rivera »

Joseph Harris wrote:Hi Dennison,
Would you or Jason feel comfortable sharing his needs with those assembled here? His need may be as simplistic as requiring assistance to keep his cellular phone on in order to remain in constant communication with the brethren.
- Joseph

I think he has particular limitations that are set by the government. I don't know if we can help with anything there. However, I believe as Jason serves in obedience to the Lord, everything else will be taken care of.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." (Matthew 6:33)

Jason C Lee

Post by Jason C Lee »

Hi everyone,

I apologize for the lack of communication. There are several reasons, one of which Victor has pointed out here already. I spoke to Dennison, Paul and Ronnie on the phone earlier today. There was some needed correction there and the realization that I'm in total wrongness with my attitude.

Victor, I need to stop concealing the fact that I'm with TPOT from my mother. I've done so to keep peace, avoid an argument, criticism, etc. The truth is that I have no idea how she's going to respond and it doesn't matter. Isn't the Lord over it all? If I stand with Him, He'll make necessary provisions no matter the outcome.

I've also harbored resentment toward my mother for various reasons for years, one of which has to do with being forced into religion until I was an adult. What I failed to understand is that the Lord had that happen and to blame my mother is, in reality, blaming and finding fault with God. Instead of giving thanks, I've been miserable and angry.

Instead of using my mother's computer, I'm hoping to purchase a laptop by the end of next week. I also still do not have a cell phone. To me, the computer is the higher priority. I'll take a look at computers and discuss the best options with Ronnie, Dennison and Paul. Maybe I'm wrong but I think that I need to be involved in sharing some of the work with TPOT. Spending time on video games or on a guitar isn't productive and isn't helping anyone where work can be done.

I'm also trying to switch to day shift at work, mostly because the 7 pm to 7 am schedule is taking a toll on my ability to rest properly.

I need to stop trying to deal with my struggles alone, which Dennison is right about. It's also highly inconsiderate of me to go for so long without being in contact with anyone. There have been so many times that I thought I was just a lost cause. I look at myself as some kind of monster (true) that God cannot fix or isn't at all willing to (not true).

Alan and Joseph,

I don't remember if we have ever spoken until this point. I am genuinely surprised at your concern. I get this idea that many people in general just don't care. Lord willing, we can talk.

My next day off is this Wed. Lord willing, I'll be in contact with all of you again.

Joseph Harris

Post by Joseph Harris »

Hi Jason,

Yes, you were correct I've never had the privilege of interacting with you in times past.

We both sensed a prompting from The Lord to reach out in concern.

It may have been a surprise to you, but He knows what we need at the right time.

J

Sarah Stuckey

Post by Sarah Stuckey »

Hi Jason,

Thanks for sharing how you're doing. I'm thankful you're in touch now with Paul, Ronnie, and Dennison because they care about you in the Lord.

You said this:

"There have been so many times that I thought I was just a lost cause. I look at myself as some kind of monster (true) that God cannot fix or isn't at all willing to (not true)."

I just wanted to share this scripture with you: "And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:6 ESV).

Okay, have a good day.

Sarah

Beryl Knipe

Post by Beryl Knipe »

Hi Jason,

I'm glad we all heard from you.
Beryl.

Return to “Current Events and Notices”