Benefit of Salvation?

Correspondence and discussions regarding The Restitution of All Things.
Kate

Benefit of Salvation?

Post by Kate »

(This is an archived correspondence. We have sent notice to the correspondent.)

Good morning....I have been reading your website with interest. I have one question, though, about your Hell theology. If all creation will eventually be reconciled to Jesus Christ, what is the benefit of being saved in this life? Do you beLive there is a period of torment for
those who do not believe in this life and then they have the option of
believing? My question is in earnest, so I look forward to your reply.

Kate

Victor Hafichuk

Re: Benefit of Salvation?

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Hi Kate,

In the fulness of the ages, God will save all men, even as He has purposed to create man in His image. His image will not fall short; it will not be marred; it will be perfect, with every component present and functioning perfectly. Does that make sense to you?

We reap what we sow, always. There's no deviation from His Law of the universe and there's no shortcut for His salvation. No one deceives the Lord or escapes reaping. Sin brings death and hell. Those who sin will be subject to all consequences, whether in this world or the next.

Yes, hell is here and there; it is not a location so much as a state of being, a place of darkness and torment for all who sin, and all have sinned and fallen short of His glory. In the end, all men will have been granted mercy and restored to newness of life in the Lord Jesus Christ, our One and Only Mediator and Savior of mankind.

“Jesus said to him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father but by Me” (John 14:6 MKJV).

“He who believes on the Son has everlasting life, and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides upon him” (John 3:36 MKJV).

If all creation will eventually be reconciled to Jesus Christ, what is the benefit of being saved in this life?

If I can prosper and be in good health and I know how to go about it today, even if my neighbor doesn't, but will tomorrow, wouldn't I be wise to do so today? Is that what you're asking?

Or do you think it is better to delay the good? Do you find the Kingdom of God a burden in this life? Read The Most Foolish of Questions.

Kate, I'm aware my answer may sound like I'm mocking or scolding. I'm not doing either, nor do I think the less of you for asking. I also recognize you're in earnest, so I respect that. I'm only giving you the logic and facts of the Kingdom of God as declared in Holy Scripture, and when those become evident, by God's grace, we will blush, realizing how silly those questions are.

Victor

Return to “The Restitution of All Things”