I have a question about reconciliation.

Correspondence and discussions regarding The Restitution of All Things.
Kristina

I have a question about reconciliation.

Post by Kristina »

Hi,

I am reading on your webpage.

And I have a question:
You say: Could it be because we believe in the reconciliation of all things as surely testified of in Scripture, a wonderful hope and promise for all?

And on some other article you say that there are very few true believers.

So you mean that both true believers and those who do not believe will go to heaven - to the same place?

Thankful for an answer.

Kristina Andersen (from Sweden)

Paul Cohen

Re: I have a question about reconciliation.

Post by Paul Cohen »

Hi Kristina,

You ask: "So you mean that both true believers and those who do not believe will go to heaven - to the same place?"

Your question seems to imply that Heaven is a place people go after they die, and that believers and unbelievers alike will find themselves there after this life is over. If so, that's not what we are saying and not what God teaches in the Scriptures.

Jesus said this about the Kingdom of God (or Heaven):

"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the Kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The Kingdom of God comes not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the Kingdom of God is within you" (Luke 17:20-21 KJV).

True born-again believers are in Heaven, that is, they have become part of the Body of Christ, and therefore are where He is, in Heaven:

Ephesians 2:4-6 MKJV
(4) But God, Who is rich in mercy, for His great love with which He loved us
(5) (even when we were dead in sins) has made us alive together with Christ (by grace you are saved),
(6) and has raised us up together and made us sit together in the heavenlies in Christ Jesus,

"For our citizenship is in Heaven…" (Philippians 3:20 MKJV).

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me" (Galatians 2:20 KJV).

There is only one way to be reconciled to God and to enter His Kingdom, and that is through Jesus Christ, beginning with repentance by faith, which is a gift from Him. No one comes to Him, Jesus said, except the Father draws that person, which is His faith at work.

The age we have been living in is one of the firstfruits, and is not the full harvest to come. That means there are relatively few who believe today, but many more will follow, and all will eventually come to know Him in the ages to come. As it is written:

"Turn to Me, and be saved, all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other. I have sworn by Myself, the word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that to Me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear" (Isaiah 45:22-23 MKJV).

"So that at the Name of Jesus every knee may be bent, of those in Heaven and those on earth and those in the underworld, And that every tongue may give witness that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father" (Philippians 2:10-11 BBE).

Amen!

Have you found and been reading in this section? The Restitution of All Things

Keep reading the rest of our site, Kristina. There is so much more on the great work of salvation, not just generally, but specifically for those who believe, that they might actually be saved. We are not talking just theory which brings no practical result, but are teaching the reality of knowing and walking with the Lord Jesus Christ. He is with us to minister the Word of Life to all who thirst.

Are you able to understand the English well enough?

Paul Cohen
www.ThePathofTruth.com

Kristina

Post by Kristina »

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much for answering me.

Yes, I know there are words which you can interpret as you has shown here. But there are many who say the contrary - that unbelievers will go to hell.

For instance: Mt 5:29; 5:30; 10:28; 23:33 and Mk 9:43; 9:47; and 2Petr 2:4

What meaning have those words if not what they say?

Yes, I have read this: The Restitution of All Things
I have read many of your articles and I think many are very good.

(Yes I understand English quite good)

Sincerely
Kristina

Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk

Post by Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk »

Hi Kristina,

You bring up the following Scriptures that are presented by many as proof for "eternal torment in Hell." Is that what God is saying? Let's take a look:

"And if your right eye offends you, pluck it out and throw it from you. For it is profitable for you that one of your members should perish, and not that your whole body should be thrown into hell. And if your right hand offends you, cut it off and throw it from you. For it is profitable for you that one of your members should perish, and not that your whole body should be thrown into hell" (Matthew 5:29-30 MKJV).

Mark 9:43-49 MKJV
(43) And if your hand offends you, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed than to have two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched
(44) where their worm dies not, and the fire is not quenched.
(45) And if your foot offends you, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life lame than to have two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched
(46) where their worm dies not, and the fire is not quenched.
(47) And if your eye offends you, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes to be cast into hell fire
(48) where their worm dies not, and the fire is not quenched.
(49) For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.

Consider: If you become aware that you are sinning in any way and don't cut off that sin, do you think that death doesn't follow presently in this life? Does death only come after death? That is a silly and non-Scriptural idea. Here is what God said to Adam about what would happen if he disobeyed:

"But you shall not eat of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. For in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die" (Genesis 2:17 MKJV).

Didn't Adam begin to taste death the same day he ate of the fruit? Sure he did, and here is how that death (and the hell that accompanied it), is described:

Genesis 3:9-11 HNV
(9) The LORD God called to the man, and said to him, "Where are you?"
(10) The man said, "I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself."
(11) God said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

Here's another Scripture you mention:

"And do not fear those who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul. But rather fear Him Who can destroy both soul and body in hell" (Matthew 10:28 MKJV).

As we have just shown, the soul doesn't suffer death only after the complete death of the body, but the soul that sins reaps death here and now! As Paul wrote to the Colossians about our present deliverance from that death:

"And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses" (Colossians 2:13 MKJV).

Another Scripture:

"Serpents! Offspring of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell?"
(Matthew 23:33 MKJV)

And didn't that happen to them even there and then? Did they not choose darkness and death? Were they not separated from the Light of all men, Who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life? They didn't escape, as did so many others when they believed, like Zacchaeus, for example - "Salvation has come to this house," Jesus said of him when he believed (Luke 19:9). Were the Jews not destroyed as a people and nation in 70 AD and thereafter, because they didn't recognize the Day of their visitation? Isn't that the condemnation/judgment of hell?

Finally, you offer these verses:

2 Peter 2:4-6 MKJV
(4) For if God did not spare sinning angels, but thrust them down into Tartarus, and delivered them into chains of darkness, being reserved to judgment.
(5) And He did not spare the old world, but saved Noah the eighth one, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly.
(6) And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, He condemned them with an overthrow, setting an example to men intending to live ungodly.

Those who sinned were reserved to judgment, which means "correction." Judgment begins at the House of God. It continues there until all are corrected.

And of those very ones spoken of here, who according to men are supposed to be tormented forever in the vengeful fires of God, we hear a very different conclusion as Peter continues:

1 Peter 3:18-20 MKJV
(18) For Christ also once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, indeed being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the Spirit;
(19) in which also He went and preached to the spirits in prison,
(20) to disobeying ones, when once the long-suffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared (in which a few, that is, eight souls were saved through water);

So what is Christ doing preaching to the disobedient if they can never be redeemed? Is God a fool, or are men liars teaching diabolical doctrines in His Name?

So, Kristina, unbelievers are in death and not only "go" to hell, they are already there and cannot escape it without receiving the Resurrection Life of Jesus Christ. Those who shed their bodies without having known Him will go on in death and hell, and will be brought through a judgment (correction) process, even as those who have believed on earth go, even as we have gone through that process of deliverance, until God has brought all into the fold of salvation, all glory and praise to His Wonderful Name.

Paul Cohen
Victor Hafichuk
www.ThePathofTruth.com

Kristina

Post by Kristina »

Hi,

Thank you for your teaching!

I write to you inside the email in blue.

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Hi Kristina,

You are welcome!

You ask about the mention of "hell" with death, where death is mentioned but not hell. The two go together:

"And I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him sitting on it was Death, and Hell followed with him. And authority was given to them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with the sword and with hunger and with death and by the beasts of the earth" (Revelation 6:8 MKJV).

"And the sea gave up the dead in it. And death and hell delivered up the dead in them. And each one of them was judged according to their works" (Revelation 20:13 MKJV).

"And death and hell were cast into the Lake of Fire. This is the second death" (Revelation 20:14 MKJV).

You ask, "SO THEY WHO DO NOT BELIEVE JESUS CHRIST ON EARTH WILL HAVE CORRECTION-JUDGMENT IN HELL AND THEN BE SAVED AND GO TO HEAVEN?"

A common error taught is that people can only come to faith and repentance in this life and world. There is nothing further from the truth and nothing to indicate that in Scripture. On the contrary, for example, Peter speaks of those who were destroyed in the flood hearing the Gospel from the Lord after His resurrection:

(18) For Christ also once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, indeed being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the Spirit;
(20) to disobeying ones, when once the long-suffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared (in which a few, that is, eight souls were saved through water);

Those who preach salvation only for this life have but one verse they use to defend their doctrine. Well, one isn't good enough. The Lord calls for a minimum of 2 or 3 witnesses to establish anything. Besides, the verse they use doesn't say what they say it says. It is speaking about the Lord and not about men dying and going to hell if they haven't believed in this life:

"And as it is appointed to men once to die, but after this the judgment, so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many. And to those who look for Him He shall appear the second time without sin to salvation" (Hebrews 9:27-28 MKJV).

Judgment is all about correction, not destruction or annihilation or eternal torment. Those are pagan notions, nowhere to be found in Scripture. The problem is that people read into the Scriptures what they have been told or taught, when they need to go to the Scriptures and learn from them, the Lord, and those who rightly divide the Word of Truth.

Which leads us to your request: "DO YOU KNOW MORE CHRISTIANS WHO TEACH THE SAME WAY AS YOU DO? IF - COULD YOU PLEASE, GIVE ME THEIR WEBPAGE ADDRESS?"

Sorry, we can't help you there, although there are hundreds of sites that teach the truth of the reconciliation of all things, Kristina. The reason we refrain from recommending or referring most sites is because they also teach error with their truth, as do almost all sites in nominal Christendom. In this case, there is an error we specify, one you may like to read about:
The Deadly Error of the Universalists

You may have many questions. Read at our site as much as you can before sending us your questions to save us from re-inventing the wheel. Most, if not all, will be answered there. If not, be free to write us.

And, if you care to tell us more about yourself and your experience with the Lord, we would welcome it. Good to hear about what He is doing in other lives.

Victor

Kristina

Post by Kristina »

Hi Kristina,

You bring up the following Scriptures that are presented by many as proof for "eternal torment in Hell." Is that what God is saying? Let's take a look:

"And if your right eye offends you, pluck it out and throw it from you. For it is profitable for you that one of your members should perish, and not that your whole body should be thrown into hell. And if your right hand offends you, cut it off and throw it from you. For it is profitable for you that one of your members should perish, and not that your whole body should be thrown into hell" (Matthew 5:29-30 MKJV).

Mark 9:43-49 MKJV
(43) And if your hand offends you, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed than to have two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched
(44) where their worm dies not, and the fire is not quenched.
(45) And if your foot offends you, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life lame than to have two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched
(46) where their worm dies not, and the fire is not quenched.
(47) And if your eye offends you, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes to be cast into hell fire
(48) where their worm dies not, and the fire is not quenched.
(49) For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.

Consider: If you become aware that you are sinning in any way and don't cut off that sin, do you think that death doesn't follow presently in this life? Does death only come after death? That is a silly and non-Scriptural idea. Here is what God said to Adam about what would happen if he disobeyed:

"But you shall not eat of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. For in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die" (Genesis 2:17 MKJV).

Didn't Adam begin to taste death the same day he ate of the fruit? Sure he did, and here is how that death (and the hell that accompanied it), is described: I HAVE NOT MENTIONED THAT DEATH IS JUST AFTER THIS LIFE.

BUT HERE IS THE WORD "HELL" - SO HELL IS - WHY OTHERWISE MENTION THAT WORD?

Genesis 3:9-11 HNV
(9) The LORD God called to the man, and said to him, "Where are you?"
(10) The man said, "I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself."
(11) God said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

Here's another Scripture you mention:

"And do not fear those who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul. But rather fear Him Who can destroy both soul and body in hell" (Matthew 10:28 MKJV).

As we have just shown, the soul doesn't suffer death only after the complete death of the body, but the soul that sins reaps death here and now! As Paul wrote to the Colossians about our present deliverance from that death: YES I AGREE

"And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses" (Colossians 2:13 MKJV).

Another Scripture:

"Serpents! Offspring of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell?" (Matthew 23:33 MKJV)

And didn't that happen to them even there and then? Did they not choose darkness and death? Were they not separated from the Light of all men, Who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life? They didn't escape, as did so many others when they believed, like Zacchaeus, for example - "Salvation has come to this house," Jesus said of him when he believed (Luke 19:9). Were the Jews not destroyed as a people and nation in 70 AD and thereafter, because they didn't recognize the Day of their visitation? Isn't that the condemnation/judgment of hell? YES IT IS

Finally, you offer these verses:

2 Peter 2:4-6 MKJV
(4) For if God did not spare sinning angels, but thrust them down into Tartarus, and delivered them into chains of darkness, being reserved to judgment.
(5) And He did not spare the old world, but saved Noah the eighth one, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly.
(6) And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, He condemned them with an overthrow, setting an example to men intending to live ungodly.

Those who sinned were reserved to judgment, which means "correction." Judgment begins at the House of God. It continues there until all are corrected. HERE IS A COMPLETELY NEW WAY OF THINKING FOR ME.

And of those very ones spoken of here, who according to men are supposed to be tormented forever in the vengeful fires of God, we hear a very different conclusion as Peter continues:

So what is Christ doing preaching to the disobedient if they can never be redeemed? Is God a fool, or are men liars teaching diabolical doctrines in His Name? YES THAT´S A GOOD QUESTION.

So, Kristina, unbelievers are in death and not only "go" to hell, they are already there and cannot escape it without receiving the Resurrection Life of Jesus Christ. Those who shed their bodies without having known Him will go on in death and hell, and will be brought through a judgment (correction) process, even as those who have believed on earth go, even as we have gone through that process of deliverance, until God has brought all into the fold of salvation, all glory and praise to His Wonderful Name. SO THEY WHO DO NOT BELIEVE JESUS CHRIST ON EARTH WILL HAVE CORRECTION-JUDGMENT IN HELL AND THEN BE SAVED AND GO TO HEAVEN?

Paul Cohen
Victor Hafichuk
www.ThePathofTruth.com

DO YOU KNOW MORE CHRISTIANS WHO TEACH THE SAME WAY AS YOU DO? IF - COULD YOU PLEASE, GIVE ME THEIR WEBPAGE ADDRESS?

/Kristina

Kristina

Post by Kristina »

Thanks again for your answers to my questions!

I will read more at your site and yes if questions - I will come back - thanks.

You say you want to hear about my experience with the Lord...

I was saved 1980 after a long searching. I was filled with Spirit the same year. I have no Christian upbringing as most of the Swedish people don´t have.

I saw the name of the Lord - JESUS - jumped from a book I was reading and the coin fell down immediately...Jesus was the Answer!

Then I went to different "Churches" but could never find Jesus there as I found the life there very strange, boring and empty and I wondered where the wonderful Jesus I knew I had met where.

Now I have more understanding of why I could not find Jesus there ...The denominations and organisations are not Biblical.

This is a short testimony of mine.

God bless you both!

Kristina

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Thank you, Kristina!

We'll see what the Lord does for you now.

Victor

Kristina

Post by Kristina »

Thanks for this truth you confirmed for me:

Those who don't believe in the Lord Jesus Christ will be fearfully and forever tormented, without end

http://www.thepathoftruth.com/falsehoodexposed/diabolical2.htm#15/

Kristina from sweden

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

Greetings, Kristina!

We're thankful you've been encouraged in the truth of God through Jesus Christ at our site. Just to be clear, the words you quote are from a "diabolical doctrine," so the writing you linked proves how those words, representing man's carnal and twisted doctrine, are in error.

God made mankind not for annihilation or endless torment, but to come to know and glorify Him, Jesus Christ, as God:

"After these things I looked, and lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, out of all nations and kindreds and people and tongues, stood before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palms in their hands. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God sitting on the throne, and to the Lamb" (Revelation 7:9-10 MKJV).

Paul Cohen
www.ThePathofTruth.com

Kristina

Post by Kristina »

Hi,

Just looked at your web page..- you had the wrong bible verse here: http://www.thepathoftruth.com/false-teachers/david-wilkerson.htm

Should be 1 Titus 2:15

God bless!

Kristina

Kristina

Post by Kristina »

Here is the place:

" If there ever was an anti-Christ gospel, Matthew, this is it. Aside from the fact that there are legalists who bring men under condemnation with their manmade commandments, there are legitimate servants of God who are sent by Him to His people to "speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority" (1 Timothy 2:15): "

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

Hi Kristina,

Thank you for the correction - good catch! It's actually Titus 2:15, as there is no first and second Titus.

Editors need editors, too - we've realized this more than once here. J

How are you? It's been a few years since we last heard from you. Are you aware of our Sabbath meetings, Bible readings, and Forum? You're welcome to participate in any or all these things the Lord has given us for the sake of His Body - those who believe and walk in the light with Him.

Paul

Kristina

Post by Kristina »

Hi Paul,

Strange you remember me...!

I look into your website now and then and agree with most of what you write.

Even further in the endtime we will all true Christians have the same thoughts and opinions according to the Scripture.

Have you written about the Noahide Law? I have not search your website if you have. Most Christian sites do not write about this important matter.

/Kristina

Return to “The Restitution of All Things”