Jonathan, we also say that salvation comes only by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ.
“But in this let it not escape your notice, beloved, that one day with the Lord is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord does not delay concerning His promise, as some reckon slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any
should perish, but that all
should come to repentance
” (2 Peter 3:8-9 EMTV).
You need to read ALL the writings in the section, The Restitution of All Things
. Your objections are thoroughly answered there, if you keep looking and reading.
“Jesus would not have had to die if God saves men even though they openly reject Him.
That's exactly WHY Christ died for all men. Isaiah put it this way:
Isaiah 53:1-6 MKJV
(1) Who has believed our report? And to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
(2) For He comes up before Him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground; He has no form nor majesty that we should see Him, nor an appearance that we should desire Him.
(3) He is despised and rejected of men; a Man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as it were a hiding of faces from Him, He being despised, and we esteemed Him not.
(4) Surely He has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
(5) But He was wounded for our transgressions; He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was on Him; and with His stripes we ourselves are healed.
we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned, each one to his own way
; and the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all
“But God commends His love toward us in that while we were yet
sinners Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8 MKJV).
Are you claiming that you haven't rejected or denied the Lord? And if you were granted repentance from your wretched state, was that something you did, or did the Lord show you mercy and simply give it to you?
“For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9 MKJV).
So what makes you better or more reachable than the rest of the people Christ died for?
And where do the Scriptures say that the five foolish virgins suffered endlessly in torment? Why are you
adding details to the parable? Have you no respect or fear of God?