Don't Know What to Do

Letters from those finding their way in faith.
Aaron

Don't Know What to Do

Post by Aaron »

Hi there my name is Aaron and I have been reading your website all day. I have recently started to see the modern day "church" for what it really is and started seeking answers knowing that the church didn't have them. I have totally lost interest in the things of the world as nothing brings me any satisfaction. I know what you all say in your website is true I just don't know what to do or where to go. My parents won't listen to me and I just feel trapped. Nothing in the world brings me any joy but It's like I can't escape. I know God is the one who saves so do I just wait? What about a career? Should I pursue a working career or is that not for children of God?

Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk

Re: Don't Know What to Do

Post by Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk »

Hi Aaron,

You ask if you should pursue a career or whether that's not for the children of God. The Word of God says:

“For even when we were with you, we commanded you this, that if anyone would not work, neither should he eat” (2 Thessalonians 3:10 MKJV).

So whether you have a job or a “career,” whatever that means, you need to be a productive member of society, as the Lord would have it. There is work that is worthwhile and work that isn't.

How old are you? Tell us more about your situation. What won't your parents listen to that you're trying to tell them?

Paul and Victor

Return to “Finding Our Way In Faith”