Who are you to judge someone you clearly do not know?

"Don’t judge according to appearance, but judge righteous judgment.” (John 7:24)
Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

Who are you to judge someone you clearly do not know?

Post by Ronnie Tanner »

This is a correspondence from our archives. We have sent notification to the correspondent.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Craig Groeschel
To: <ask@thepathoftruth.com>
Date: 5/4/2015 11:01 AM

It's pretty obvious from your post about Craig Groeschel that you have never been to Life Church. The church's goal is to lead people to be fully devoted followers of Christ. It's motto is that whoever finds God finds live. Why would a false prophet want to lead people to be fully devoted followers of Christ?

Craig Groeschel very clearly identifies the path to salvation as only through Christ and the admission that we are sinners in need of a Savior and repentance at EVERY service.

When he shares his story about how he was a misguided frat boy, it's to encourage the lost. He does not say that the prayers at their initial bible studies were righteous. He uses it to show that even if you are messed up and going about it in all the wrong ways, God still loves you and can reach you and use you to further his kingdom.

Who are you to judge someone you clearly do not know? God will be his judge, just as he will judge you in your arrogance.

Edmond, OK

Sent: Friday, May 08, 2015 7:48 AM
To: Meredith
Cc: 'Victor Hafichuk'
Subject: Re: Craig Groeschel

So Meredith, you can read the writing of someone you don't know and conclude he is arrogant for judging Craig Groeschel as a phony because the writer never met Craig? Hello, don't you see your glaring hypocrisy?

But if the indications I've cited in the paper prove that Craig hadn't repented, that the Lord didn't speak to him and give him a ministry, that Craig was right about being an "atheist" minister," and that his counsel is contrary to the Scriptures, then I'm not arrogant - I'm right. And you're wrong - not only factually, but in your very being, at odds with and condemning the Lord Jesus Christ Who commanded us to judge righteous judgment (John 7:24).

As I said of Craig, so the following applies to you as one taken captive:

"For of these are those who creep into houses, and take captive gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, always learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth" (2 Timothy 3:6-7 HNV).

And just as you're always learning without coming to the truth of Christ, so are you repenting "at EVERY service" because you don't have Him. You're not cleansed of your sins or renewed by His Spirit to live His victorious life.

1 John 3:6-9 ESV
(6) No one who abides in Him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen Him or known Him.
(7) Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as He is righteous.
(8) Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.
(9) No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.

You declare Craig's good works of salvation preaching and so forth. Have you never red these Scriptures, one of many that explain the possibilities you seem so unaware of?

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 MKJV
(13) For such ones are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
(14) Did not even Satan marvelously transform himself into an angel of light?
(15) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves as ministers of righteousness, whose end shall be according to their works.

Friend, Satan is a bit more clever and deceitful than you give him credit for. Know it. We do.

And because we're the living Church of God, we have eyes to see and readily recognize what's going on at your "Life Church," which is living in name only. If that's what you choose, Meredith, so be it. Your judgment is set.

Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk
http://www.ThePathofTruth.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent: Saturday, May 09, 2015 7:53 AM
To: 'Paul Cohen'
Subject: RE: Craig Groeschel

Mr. Cohen,
Thank you for your quick response. I apologize for judging you.

I want to thank you, because you have reminded me of all I have gained from attending Life Church.

I am happy to weekly and more often acknowledge that I have been a sinner in need of a Savior and thank Christ for His sacrifice for all of us, on the cross.
I am in awe of His loving sacrifice.

Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2015 7:10 AM
Cc: Victor Hafichuk
Subject: Re[3]: Craig Groeschel

So now you're putting on your Sunday best for us, Meredith, as if you can redeem yourself with "lovely" externals? Here's what the Lord says of you, your false piety and flattery of Him:

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which indeed appear beautiful outside, but inside they are full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so you also appear righteous to men outwardly, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and iniquity" (Matthew 23:27-28 MKJV).

And just when or how do you think your superficial and imaginary weekly acknowledgement of being a sinner will take care of this problem? Have you never heard there is such a thing as repentance coupled with a new nature through the Present Power of His Resurrection Life?

"We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles" (Galatians 2:15 EMTV).

Mr. Cohen and Mr. Hafichuk
http://www.ThePathofTruth.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2015 5:20 PM
Subject: Captivity

Mr Cohen,

From your web site and your responses, it's apparent that you want to live your life to glorify God and are seeking the Truth.

For the purpose of discourse, let's assume that you are correct and that I am a captive of the enemy.
How are the scriptures you have shared with me intended to free me from captivity and lead me to Christ?

What was Christ's mission?
"…to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and the opening of the prison to them that are bound" (Isaiah 61:1 KJV)
"For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved." (John 3:17 NKJV)

Thank you for your time and thoughts. I am praying for you and your ministry.
Meredith

Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2015 8:36 AM
Subject: Re: Captivity

Why would we be searching for Him Whom we have found, Meredith?

But you don't confess that Jesus Christ comes in the flesh. You sit there as God yourself, deciding everything. You're anti-Christ - the very opposite of a brokenhearted, humble captive who receives Him gladly.

You don't know or recognize the Lord, His coming or His mission.

Jude 1:14-19 EMTV
(14) Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men, saying, "Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints,
(15) to execute judgment against all, and to convict all the ungodly among them about all their ungodly deeds which they have committed impiously, and about all the harsh words which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him."
(16) These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaks puffed up words, flattering people to gain advantage.
(17) But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken beforehand by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ,
(18) how they told you that in the last time there would be mockers, walking according to their own ungodly lusts.
(19) These are those who cause divisions, worldly, not having the Spirit.

You choose the Scriptures your flesh likes and ignore the ones you detest, because they apply to you and you're impudently unrepentant.

"There said a certain one of them, a prophet of their own, 'Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, idle gluttons.' This testimony is true; for which cause rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith" (Titus 1:12-13 EMTV).

Paul

Sent: Monday, May 25, 2015 9:09 AM
Subject: RE: Captivity

Mr. Cohen,
Thank you for your time.
Meredith

Sent: Monday, May 25, 2015 10:18 AM
To: 'Meredith A.'; 'Paul Cohen'
Subject: RE: Captivity

Good to be truly thankful to God for His time by us on your behalf, Meredith.

\/

Sent: Monday, May 25, 2015 11:41 AM
To: 'Victor Hafichuk'
Cc: 'Paul Cohen'
Subject: Thanks

Mr. Hafichuk,

I do thank God for His time and His work through you. I hesitate to say much because no matter what I write, Mr. Cohen seems to take it differently than intended.
My words are inadequate. However, after reading some of your responses on the website, I felt led to give you some feedback,
while I know you do not need it as you work for God and only His opinion of that work matters.

After Mr. Cohen's last email, I had no intention of visiting your website again. As I was reading the Bible this morning, Christ showed me a scripture that directed me
back to your site. I read one of your responses and what I read was a blessing, as Christ's light and the Fruits of the Spirit shined through.
The scriptural references convicted and showed God's grace and mercy and the hope that comes from a relationship with the living Christ, who came in the flesh and died so that we could be saved.
I am probably using the wrong words again and unintentionally said something objectionable, but I just wanted you to know that it made a difference to me and I thank God for using you in this way.
Sincerely,
Meredith

Sent: Monday, May 25, 2015 4:26 PM
To: 'Meredith A.'; 'Victor Hafichuk'
Subject: RE: Thanks

Meredith, I appreciate that you're trying to do things right here. No wrong words or anything objectionable in that. God bless you to find your way in Him.

Paul

Sent: May-29-15 5:13 PM
To: 'Meredith A.'
Cc: 'Paul Cohen'
Subject: RE: Thanks

Hi Meredith,

I don't have a problem with your wording. May the Lord grant you to receive what He wants you to have. Consider that He not only came in the flesh, but more importantly, comes in the flesh that we may receive Him through His servants.

It's His work because only He has the power to impart spiritual understanding to those who search Him out with all their heart. I'm thankful for what He has graciously granted us and as a result, we're debtors to the entire universe.

Victor

Return to “Judging by Appearance”