Infatuated with Clayton

Here’s the son of a preacher who plays Jesus Christ on stage, while offstage he plays a preacher, though claiming he’s still “a messed up guy” (from his website – ClaytonJennings.com). Don’t let the false humility fool you. The “aw shucks” posturing only covers over the arrogance of the man of sin, who pretends, by his knowledge, to be up to the job of playing God. This is the destroyer come in the flesh, a consummate liar. An actor, indeed!
Marcela

Infatuated with Clayton

Post by Marcela »

(This is an archived correspondence at The Path of Truth. We have sent notification to the correspondent.)

Hi there.

My name is Marcela and I just read your post: Clayton Jennings - A "Humble" Sinner Plays Jesus.

The whole thing made me very sad.

From what I can see in that post, you don't really care if God is using Clayton to share His love, grace and mercy with others, and bring them to Him. Right? Because he played Jesus once, his work is worthless and wrong. Also, you are good and righteous that you are actually able to judge his heart and intentions. Correct? You actually know that in HIS heart, when he's preaching, he's just worried about HIS OWN glory. Right?

I don't know if he looks in the mirror and tells himself he's good. I don't know if he's doing all this for his own glory. I don't know if he believes in all he preaches. You know who knows all these things? God! Because HE is the one that can see Clayton's heart. HE is the one that knows his intentions.

Believe me when I say that I sometimes I would like to put some "preachers" in jail for preaching something they call "the gospel". But I honestly believe Clayton is not one of those. I also don't agree with him playing Jesus and I think he should be convicted of that. But he's being used by God to preach the gospel!!!! He's not perfect. Like us!!!!

Things like this remind me that this isn't heaven. That we need Jesus and his mercy more than we think. That life is so short and we should live it for His glory! The world needs Jesus and we should be out there preaching!

God bless you.

Paul Cohen

Re: Infatuated with Clayton

Post by Paul Cohen »

Hi Marcela,

You ask if we don't care if God is using Clayton Jennings to share His love, grace, and mercy with others, bringing them to Him. But what we're telling you is that Clayton Jennings doesn't have the love of God. It's the love of self he projects and thereby draws people to himself. Your infatuation is with Clayton, not the Lord Jesus Christ.

Overall you've been sold a false bill of goods, deceitfully labeled as the “Gospel of Christ.” It's another gospel and Jesus, both of which promote False Love - Satans Last Stronghold.

You're wrong about men of God being used by Him as sinners. Men of God are those sanctified in Christ, which means they are separate from the world and sin. They walk in the newness of Christ's nature, which doesn't sin, and they teach/impart the same to others.

“We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles” (Galatians 2:15 EMTV).

Jesus Christ has come to liberate us from the bondage of sin, to worship God in spirit and truth. How can you worship God while sinning against Him? Yes, we yet have the infirmities of the flesh, but sin no longer has dominion over us who believe - God forbids it!

“For sin shall not have dominion over you…” (Romans 6:14 MKJV).

Aren't you aware that Jesus Christ commanded us to be perfect?

“Therefore be perfect, even as your Father in Heaven is perfect” (Matthew 5:48 MKJV).

Aren't you aware that we minister to those who are perfect, that is, those who have the faith of Christ and walk in it?

“But, we speak wisdom among those who are perfect; yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the rulers of this world, that come to nothing” (1 Corinthians 2:6 MKJV).

You are a naive and foolish girl, Marcela, unable to judge righteous judgment because you judge after the appearance, which is because you are still in your sins. I say this as an exhortation to repent rather than being condemned in darkness and destroyed. This is Jesus Christ and His mercy speaking to you - listen and live, or refuse and perish. There is no middle ground.

“Do not judge according to sight, but judge righteous judgment” (John 7:24 MKJV).

Paul

Return to “Jennings, Clayton - False Teacher”