Difference between Children of Light and Children of Darkness

Here’s the son of a preacher who plays Jesus Christ on stage, while offstage he plays a preacher, though claiming he’s still “a messed up guy” (from his website – ClaytonJennings.com). Don’t let the false humility fool you. The “aw shucks” posturing only covers over the arrogance of the man of sin, who pretends, by his knowledge, to be up to the job of playing God. This is the destroyer come in the flesh, a consummate liar. An actor, indeed!
Carleys

Difference between Children of Light and Children of Darkness

Post by Carleys »

I am disappointed in how you Guys approached Clayton Jennings. As far as to call him a phony is evil. You gave no examples of his ' wrong doing ' followed by a BIBLICAL verse. I believe that envy is in your hearts and you should repent. And if i am wrong i apologize but maybe you should spend more time showing " false teachers " the right way instead of cursing them for going about it the wrong way. In the end we all live in a Carnal world and we are all susceptible to sin. Our job as members of the body of Christ is to hold each other accountable and help encourage righteousness. Our job is NOT to talk bad about others who are trying to lead others to Christ. Especially when we give ABSOLUTELY NO biblical examples of how their teachings are false. Let no man be deceived. Examine yourselves. Amen

Paul Cohen

Re: Difference between Children of Light and Children of Darkness

Post by Paul Cohen »

Carleys, we originally wrote to Clayton:

No man can 'play' Christ. The very thought is blasphemy, possible only through the total arrogance of the man of sin.

You say, 'I wanted to be sure I had the right heart and mind for the Lord before I stepped into the sandals.'

And: 'When you become comfortable in that role is when you need to stop. Portraying Jesus is holy ground.'

Consider what the greatest of prophets until the Lord had to say about how he related to Jesus Christ:

'And he proclaimed, saying, There is One coming after me Who is mightier than I, the thong of Whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down to loosen' (Mark 1:7 MKJV).

Could you see John taking on the role of Christ in a play, or any of the apostles doing such a thing? As you have known a false Christ, so you have had a perverse image of the saints, Clayton.
” [END]

How can you say there's no Scriptural support for what we've written? Like Clayton Jennings missed it, so do you. And you don't pick up on how Clayton disdainfully dismissed our godly instruction and us without supplying a single Scripture or reasonable argument in return. You fault us, who aren't at fault, but give the one who is at fault a pass.

“Is it not for you to know judgment? Who hate the good, and love the evil…” (Micah 3:1-2 KJV).

Neither did we curse Clayton when responding to his anti-Christ reply, just as the Lord didn't curse the Pharisees in Matthew 23 when He described and criticized their deplorable attitudes - and note He did so without quoting a single “proof” Scripture. You would have condemned Jesus as well for this “oversight,” and you do, because we spoke the truth by His Spirit and you've condemned us.

Here's what we said to Clayton in the second letter:

History records that when it was Peter's time to glorify the Lord for real, he responded that he wasn't worthy to be crucified as was his Master, Whom he loved. 'Crucify me upside down,' he requested. They honored his request.

But you, you self-righteous viper and hypocrite, bastard and not a son of God, you presume to pretend to BE Jesus Christ, never mind pretend to being crucified as He was. You know nothing of taking up the true cross by His grace (The Cross - Only the Death Sentence Will Avail). You only know to glorify yourself, using and taking His Name in vain to do so.

If professing Christ as Lord makes one a true Christian, then the Pope is a true Christian. But we know he isn't, and neither is Billy Graham or Clayton Jennings, brothers to the Pope but not brothers of the Lord. We don't hold such phonies accountable as we do brothers of the Lord, but rather expose the phonies as members of the Whore of Babylon, the bride of Satan “transforming themselves as ministers of righteousness, whose end shall be as their works” (2 Corinthians 11:15).

You write:

In the end we all live in a Carnal world and we are all susceptible to sin.

Living subject to a carnal world isn't a problem for God's children like it is for imposters such as Clayton Jennings, because the children of the Kingdom have the fulfillment of Jesus' prayer in John 17:

“I have given them Your Word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I do not pray for You to take them out of the world, but for You to keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world” (John 17:14-16 MKJV).

We've been delivered from our sins and the sin nature of worldly man, but you and Jennings remain children of this world, subject to the Devil and the lusts of the flesh:

1 John 3:8-10 WEB
(8) He who sins is of the Devil, for the Devil has been sinning from the beginning. To this end the Son of God was revealed: that He might destroy the works of the Devil.
(9) Whoever is born of God doesn't commit sin, because His Seed remains in him; and he can't sin, because he is born of God.
(10) In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn't do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn't love his brother.

Clayton's sin and hatred became manifest when we spoke the truth to him, peeling away the façade of his false love. Hating the truth, Clayton hates the Lord Jesus Christ, Who is the Truth, and you're right there with him. You both have nothing whatsoever to do with Him.

We'll post this in our Forum section on Clayton:

http://www.thepathoftruth.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=31

Paul Cohen
www.ThePathofTruth.com

Carleys

Post by Carleys »

So my question is... Clayton thinks that he is a TRUE christian. Right? You condemn him. And you think that you guys are TRUE christians. Right? How do you know if you yourselves are not decieved?

Carleys

Post by Carleys »

And I'm not right there with no one. Don't tell me whether or not i know Christ. You should humble yourself and make sure your idol is not " exposing " other people. Maybe like Clayton Jennings you yourselves are deceived. Pray and meditate on that before you reply to me. Thanks

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Carleys,

Are you seriously suggesting one cannot know if he is deceived or not? Do you think Jesus knew He wasn't deceived? Do you think the apostles knew they weren't deceived, or the saints in the Scriptures? We certainly CAN and MUST know. Jesus Christ said we could and would, but you don't know with surety because you aren't one of us.

We have prayed and meditated...long before you even suggested we do so. And we will indeed tell you that you don't know Jesus Christ and He surely doesn't know you. As His express appointed messengers, by His Word we say so - humbly, but certainly.

And that is because unlike you and Clayton Jennings, we are NOT deceived.

You needn't thank us; we have none coming to us. You can thank Him for what you're being told here. But you need to believe and repent. That will be the only “thanks” He'll honor. Otherwise, you are condemned:

John 3:17-21 MKJV
(17) For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him.
(18) He who believes on Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.
(19) And this is the condemnation, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than the Light, because their deeds were evil.
(20) For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
(21) But he who practices truth comes to the Light so that his works may be revealed, that they exist, having been worked in God.

Victor

Return to “Jennings, Clayton - False Teacher”