What laws to follow

Correspondence regarding various falsehoods.
You can see our complete website section on falsehoods here.
Debra Gabriel

What laws to follow

Post by Debra Gabriel »

As a Christian always searching for the truth, I have a question. We believe the Jewish people are Gods chosen and would like to know if we are supposed to live according to the laws of the Jews?

Victor Hafichuk

Re: What laws to follow

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Hi Debra,

There's a night-and-day difference between the Law of God and the laws of the Jews. Generally, it was Judaism or customary laws of the Jews that crucified the Lord. Judaism is man's righteousness; it is religion, no better than anything else that displaces God's Law and grace. ONLY faith in the Righteousness of Jesus Christ through His Life Sacrifice and Resurrection from the dead can save us.

Romans 10:6-13 MKJV
(6) But the righteousness of faith says this: "Do not say in your heart, Who shall ascend into Heaven?" that is, to bring Christ down;
(7) or "Who shall descend into the deep?"; that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.
(8) But what does it say? "The Word is near you, even in your mouth and in your heart"; that is, the Word of Faith which we proclaim;
(9) Because if you confess the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.
(10) For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses unto salvation.
(11) For the Scripture says, "Everyone believing on Him shall not be put to shame."
(12) For there is no difference both of Jew and of Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call on Him.
(13) For everyone, "whoever shall call on the name of the Lord will be saved."

While the Jews are God's chosen people, they are being drawn out of darkness as we speak and they will be granted to understand the righteousness of God when they come to know their Messiah, whom they slew, and be quite sorrowful about it:

"Behold, He comes with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, and those who pierced Him will see Him, and all the kindreds of the earth will wail because of Him. Even so, Amen" (Revelation 1:7 MKJV).

Acts 2:22-24 MKJV
(22) Men, Israelites, hear these words. Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by powerful works, and wonders and miracles, which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know,
(23) this One given to you by the before-determined counsel and foreknowledge of God, you have taken and by lawless hands, crucifying Him, you put Him to death;
(24) whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it.

Debra, there are many writings on our site that will help you. Seek and you will find. Bless you!

Debra Gabriel

Post by Debra Gabriel »

Thank you very much for getting back to us. My heart has been for the Jewish people since I was very young and grew up with my mother who was a christian working for two Jewish brothers . I do have one question for you . We live where there are several false teachers. May ask if you know of Miss Billye Brim and what is your opinion of her. I will wait for your reply before making any statements one way or another. Thank you Debra Gabriel

Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

Post by Ronnie Tanner »

Victor Hafichuk wrote: Debra, there are many writings on our site that will help you. Seek and you will find. Bless you!
Hi Debra,

Below are some of the writings you could start with:

Diabolical Doctrine: Jewish Worship Practices Are Important to Keep
Does God Eat Kosher?: God’s Take on Kosher Food
The Feast-Keeping that Is Sin
Hebrew Names for God

And, some additional writings that address how the Law of God applies to a believer's life:

Are the Laws of God Outdated?
Law and Grace
Diabolical Doctrine: Believers Are No Longer under Law, But Grace

Ronnie

Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

Re: Miss Billye Brim

Post by Ronnie Tanner »

Debra Gabriel wrote:I do have one question for you . We live where there are several false teachers. May ask if you know of Miss Billye Brim and what is your opinion of her. I will wait for your reply before making any statements one way or another.
Hi Debra,

We looked into Billye Brim by visiting her website to hear what she has to say. Right off the bat, we were accosted by a solicitation for money. God's servants, those called, chosen, and sent out by Him, don't do that - ever. "Dr." Billye is of the multitude of wolves and hirelings who do their own thing, yet in the Name of The Lord. And, this is not our opinion, which means nothing, but the Lord's judgment, which means everything.

You can read more at the link below. Perhaps you already suspected or knew she was false? You can tell us more if you like.

Brim, Billye : Filling to the Brim the Cup of Wrath

Ronnie

Return to “Falsehood Exposed”