Gods will

A place to introduce yourself and share a bit of your story.
Michael Condit

Gods will

Post by Michael Condit »

Hi Victor,

Honestly I am still just as confused with everything. I have no idea what to do with my life. I want every decision i make to be based on Gods will for my life. But I don't even know what that is. I'm driving myself mad and I am paralyzed with indecision because I don't know what's right for my life and I don't even want it to be life anymore. Do I break up with my girlfriend? How do I know Gods will on it. He seems to be working in her and she is supportive and says she wants to seek Him too. But I do not know for sure if it's God ordained.. Do I go to graduate school to pursue a masters in counseling? don't know, I have started the application process but again I don't know if it's right, I'm just trying to move forward. I have no idea what to do with my life, because I don't want it to be my decisions. Also I have fully realized I do not know God. I know about him and know his commands but I have no relationship with Him.

I'm utterly confused. I have been angry, anger and bitterness and depression that I haven't had before coming here(not saying it's y'all, it's obviously in me, but I don't know why it has come up). The depths of my heart are entirely wicked there is literally nothing good in me, literally everything I do say think or breathe is wrong.
As I re-red this the verse "“But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there.”
‭‭James‬ ‭3:14-16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
So I guess that answers my confusion. I do not know why those things are in my heart though or what they even look like in my mind.

Honestly I just have no idea how to do this anymore. i know Jesus is the solution, but if only He can choose me and reveal himself to me then I am just to endure this misery until he does?

I feel tossed back and forth. I can't make decisions and it's beginning to really bother me. It's like no matter how much truth and understand I receive on here, there is no change in me. my heart is still evil and I still don't know Him.

I can't even give up though because the other alternative is even worse. I'm just the most miserable man and I can't escape myself.

Michael Condit

Re: Gods will

Post by Michael Condit »

To clarify I already broke up with my girlfriend, but how I handled it was wrong and and so yea I just have zero clue if it was the right decision or what God wanted me to do.

Tony Tan

Post by Tony Tan »

Hi Michael,
I suggest you read again the Teachings about Obedience.
If you have red it, read again.

Appended below is extracted from that Teaching.

{Start}
There are three areas of obedience:
1) Common sense matters.
Do the right, refrain from the wrong.
2) Keep the Law.
The Law was never done away. (If I am wrong, do all those things your flesh desires. No problem because if the Law is no more, there is no more penalty.)
3) Know that which God requires of you personally, and obey at all costs.

Do you truly want to do God’s will? Do you want to know Him and hear from Him in all matters of life? Do you want God to make Himself known to you? Here’s how (Lord willing):
“He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him” (John 14:21 MKJV).
{End}

I have also being reminded of the following verses:

"Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." (Romans 12:1-2, NASB)

Tony

Isaiah Dillard

Post by Isaiah Dillard »

Hi Michael,

You say: "Honestly I am still just as confused with everything. I have no idea what to do with my life. I want every decision i make to be based on Gods will for my life. But I don't even know what that is. I'm driving myself mad and I am paralyzed with indecision because I don't know what's right for my life and I don't even want it to be life anymore. Do I break up with my girlfriend? How do I know Gods will on it. He seems to be working in her and she is supportive and says she wants to seek Him too. But I do not know for sure if it's God ordained.."

I understand where you are coming from I recently have been dealing with these things, and by God's grace, have come to realize I've been in great unbelief. You have to trust Jesus Christ IS Lord. He reigns supreme over all things, both good and evil. He is in full control. The same God that feeds the animals, knows the names of all the stars and the number of hairs on your head.He created all and knows all. His power is infinite, and there is nothing He can't do. If He wants to make something known: He'll do so, in his time and how He pleases.

I would waver back and forth with my wife, if I should be with her or not. I've come to the realization I have been the problem, and it wasn't her. My religious and self-righteous and self-trusting ways.

You are trying to figure things out on your own and figure out what God is doing. Does a young child worry that their parents won't feed them? Are they worried they will abandon them? Do they worry their parent doesn't know what they are doing when driving them to a destination? We trust our parents who are evil: How much more should we trust God who is good?

Matthew 7:11 AKJV
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

The good news is it appears you are coming to an understanding of these things, understanding you don't know Him when before you might of thought so.

You say: "I'm utterly confused. I have been angry, anger and bitterness and depression that I haven't had before coming here(not saying it's y'all, it's obviously in me, but I don't know why it has come up). The depths of my heart are entirely wicked there is literally nothing good in me, literally everything I do say think or breathe is wrong. "

This is the work of The Lord. These things have been there the whole time, but now The Light is shining exposing the darkness, to where you can see it. It's good to confess these things and coming to abhor yourself. Just trust Him Michael.

Reading the rest of what you have said, I would say this: Don't seek to be what you think God wants you to be: be content with what God wants you to be. Accept your circumstances and be thankful for them. Here is a good teaching to read:

Acceptance - http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings/acceptance.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michael Condit

Post by Michael Condit »

Thank you for your reply.

It is extremely helpful and I have been continuing to look at it throughout today.

Everything you said couldn't be more true and has revealed a lot of unbelief and lack of trust in me. That last part you said about not seeking to be what I think God wants me to be, but being content with what God wants me to be and accepting my circumstances and being thankful for them. Really hit home, it all did.

I just want to thank you again for the corrections and wisdom in your reply. God will make things clear in His time and I just have to trust Him with everything.

Thank you very much again.

Sarah Stuckey

Post by Sarah Stuckey »

Hi Michael,

I just wanted to share with you a section from "Whose Will is Free?" http://www.thepathoftruth.com/falsehood ... s-free.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is one of my favorite writings from TPOT to read when I struggle with trying to figure everything out. Here is the quote:
“A man can receive nothing, except it be given to him from heaven” (John 3:27). Every detail of your particular and unique circumstances in life have been beyond your control, such as where you were born, your characteristics and traits, your family members, and all your choices in life. Everything, the Scriptures teach, is determined from above. You determine nothing. Jesus said:

“And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? If you then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take you thought for the rest?” (Luke 12:25-26)
This Scripture is helpful: "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you" (1 Thessalonians 5:18 ESV).

The Lord taught me through Victor and Marilyn that I need to give thanks for absolutely everything that's happening to me. He is in full control.

Another teaching that comes to mind is: "The Bane of Bitterness" http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings ... erness.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This section here is what I thought of:
All things have a cause, and while we can have causes of causes, the chain of cause and effect is not endless – the buck stops at God, the First Cause of all things. That is because all started with Him:

“All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being” (John 1:3 MKJV).

“For all things were created in Him, the things in the heavens, and the things on the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers, all things were created through Him and for Him” (Colossians 1:16 MKJV).

He is Lord, not in title only, but is Lord indeed. He runs the show.
All things continue, exist, are held together, and operate by Him:
“And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist” (Colossians 1:17 MKJV).

All things also end with Him:
“I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, says the Lord, Who is and Who was and Who is to come, the Almighty” (Revelation 1:8 MKJV).

He is Lord, not in title only, like the Queen of England or the President of the United States, or any other regal entity or governmental authority, who are very limited in what they can do. Jesus is Lord indeed. He runs the show. He calls all the shots. He determines the destiny of a bird of least value:

“Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them shall fall on the ground apart from the will of your Father” (Matthew 10:29 EMTV).

Going farther, He even determines the destiny of a hair:
“But even the hairs of your head are all numbered” (Matthew 10:30 EMTV).

Notice the hair fallen on your shoulder or on your sweater. Believe this: that hair got there only by the predeterminate counsel and foreknowledge of God. There is not a quirk or a quark that exists or operates without His full supervision and involvement.
Sarah

Brandon LaBerteaux

Post by Brandon LaBerteaux »

Amen to what Tony and Isaiah said.

Michael, don't sit trying to understand the Lord's will in your life or what that's going to look like. You simply start with a seed, the small amount of faith He gives you to work with, and obedience in the matters you know you must and can start with.

You're going to make mistakes. You're going to fall. You're going to fail. That is all part of the process. Every single one of us here has done it. You can't worry about if what you are doing is a mistake, or try and protect yourself from failing.

I'm not saying give into sin, temptation, or continue doing evil. I'm saying it's not in your power to prevent yourself from those things, unless the Lord gives you to do so. HE is your Savior.

So just take the first steps you know you need to take. You broke up with your girlfriend. Why? Were you in fornication and you knew it was wrong? Do you know she isn't your God-given wife? Do you know she is?

I was single and have remained single since coming to The Path of Truth, but the day I found The Path of Truth, simultaneously the Lord had called me out of a relationship with an adulterous, willful, hateful woman 8 years older than me (I'm 26 now, 24 then).

I was in an "open relationship" with her, and her actual boyfriend (who she originally cheated on me with) was a gay man, sodomizing himself and others all in the name of social justice and sexual freedom.

It was all sorts of wickedness and confusion and evil, but I didn't have the heart or eyes to see that while I was in it. I thought I was being "progressive." So the Lord gave me a sickness, which led me to fasting, which led me to seeking Him, which led Him to reveal to me I needed to break ties with her at all costs. And I did, and then He paved the way.

I'm not saying this is anything like what you're going through, but I can tell you that I knew it was a required step of obedience to forsake her because He made it known to me, even before I found this site.

So can you say the same? Was it obedience to the Lord that you ended your relationship? Not trying to confuse or muddle matters further, make you feel anything, or say I did anything of virtue or on my own, I just think it would help you to consider the matter. He'll make it clear and known by faith what you should do.

I know Braden Preston had to break up with his girlfriend upon coming here, because she was a part of the harlot church. He made mistakes during the process, but it was ultimately for the good. If he has something to say, maybe he will add more here. You can read about the process he went through
here.

Regarding school, it's something you're going to have to know from the Lord. The institutions of this world don't mean anything in the spiritual, but He appoints us to different positions and places in this world to do His work.

I once asked of Paul (who is no longer with us) if God allowed us to work in banks (thinking them to be evil) and he told me that people in banks need the grace of God too. Wherever we go, wherever we work, wherever we serve, we are to do so unto Him, and it is a blessing to whomever benefits from it, if we are truly serving Him.

You're going to (and are by your words) drive yourself crazy trying to figure things out. Just let go, have faith, and take things day by day. Go before Him in prayer, seek counsel in the things you're moved to seek counsel in, and trust that He's going to direct your way.

Proverbs 16:9 MKJV
(9)  A man's heart plans his way, but Jehovah directs his steps.

Day by day, little by little, precept upon precept. If you have red Victor's testimony, it took him 27 years before he reached the Feast of Tabernacles, that sanctification and rest in the Lord. Now, it's different for everyone, but I'm trying to illustrate this journey is a lifelong journey. It won't happen overnight, and that's okay. He's got it all under control. Rest and have peace in that.

Braden Preston

Post by Braden Preston »

Hi Michael,

You can read my experience in the link, I have put all the correspondence there, mistakes, doubts, and difficulties included.

To add a bit more çontext, I was friends for two years at college with a girl named Kelly. Over those two years, she was responsible for leading me to start reading the Scriptures. Eventually I asked her out as a girlfriend, knowing that if things went well, I was certaintly going to marry her. Immediately after we started dating, I went with her a few times to her favorite local church in the college town. I ended up attending 4-5 times at that congregation. During that time, I was baptized under the name of the 'trinity' and had 'all my sins, past, present, and future' all cleared. However, even at the baptismal pool, I knew that nothing had changed with reguards to my sin, nor had I received the Spirit of Christ. These convictions, deep in my heart of hearts always remained.

However, after the first month, Kelly and I were already having problems. Despite me treating her with patience, care, and frequent communication and concern, she still felt I wasn't fitting the form of "biblical husband". She commonly looked down on me as a "baby Christian", and was frustrated that she would have to explain things a few times before I would understand them.

In the interest of trying to impress her and hold the relationship together, I asked the pastor at the local church if I could be trained as a disciple in the Scriptures. We had a few meetings, but after his mission trip to Thailand, he basically forgot about me and hasn't contacted me since. Because of this, I ended up reading a bunch of Scripture on my own that summer, trying to figure out who in nominal Christianity actually had the 'right doctrine.'

At this time, Kelly was working in a different city over the summer. I was alone, and looking for answers. There were so many people saying that they had the Truth, and I would believe them, only to discover they were wrong by the Scriptures. I lost it one day and pleaded with God out loud desperately. "I just want the truth! I am tired of being lied to, I just want the real Truth, I don't care what it is. I'll deal with it then."

Within a few days I ended up finding TPOT. After I did and began reading, I started to to see all the spiritual wickedness of the harlot church. What looked so good at first, was actually poison. My convictions came back to me and strengthed. It was at that time that I knew that I had what I needed. When I presented a few of my new findings to Kelly, she rejected them vehemently and a small war between us erupted. The correspondence in the forum post Brandon linked occurred at the tail end of that war.

In summary, Kelly was just an avenue through which the Lord started to wash me with His Word. I followed her for the wrong reasons, yet God used that to bring me to something better, drawing me closure to him. When the sword started to be drawn, I had to go to the Lord and His servants at TPOT. She hated this decision, was nearly destroyed (returned to her suicidal desires), and is now even more firmly rooted in her 'faith'/iniquity more than ever. She believes her faith has grown, having 'overcome my condemnation'. She is now training to be a 'spiritual abuse counselor'.

Kelly and I couldn't walk together, not being in the same mind and spirit. Since being removed from her, I have been show just how wicked she was and how foolish I have been in trying to appease her. The decision to leave was simple, I knew in my heart what I had to do when I heard the Truth. It was unbelief and the back and forth that caused me so much unneeded pain.

I am still learning, but the best that I can offer you is: do what you know is right before the Lord. You will know it, deep, deep down, despite the eternals that may scream otherwise. Though I got wounded in the process, it was worth it. Having listened and obeyed His Voice, I have received far more understanding than I thought was possible. Though I have been farther removed from the world and conflicts have arisen within my family as a result of the Truth, I am immensely greatful for what the Lord has revealed to me.

Keep going Michael, and pray for understanding from Him.

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

I agree, Brandon; however, let me point something out that I think all need to hear and understand:

You say, "I once asked of Paul (who is no longer with us) if God allowed us to work in banks (thinking them to be evil) and he told me that people in banks need the grace of God too."

In recent years, after Paul forsook the Lord, he became perverse, even though it was concealed. What he spoke sounded good and right but was essentially oblique.

Prostitutes and "houses of ill repute" need God's grace. Criminal organizations need God's grace, as do banks, tax collectors, government agencies, churches, and every other kind of person or organization. It doesn't mean we join them, to what? Reach them? In fact, to obey the Lord's calling on our lives, we need to come out of the world, not pursue its activities and advantages.

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 MKJV
(14) Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers; for what fellowship does righteousness have with lawlessness? And what partnership does light have with darkness?
(15) And what agreement does Christ have with Belial? Or what part does a believer have with an unbeliever?
(16) And what agreement does a temple of God have with idols? For you are the temple of the living God, as God has said, "I will dwell in them and walk among them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people."
(17) Therefore come out from among them and be separated, says the Lord, and do not touch the unclean thing. And I will receive you
(18) and I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Michael, I don't believe you would have been inclined to part with your girlfriend if there was any work of the Spirit of God drawing her to Himself. And as awkward as you may have been about it, your heart was headed in the right direction. God does not expect perfection from a lump of clay freshly set on a wheel. The work only begins there.

Paul's counsel in many, and I would say all, instances after his apostasy years back, became dangerously evil, the work of the subtle serpent. But it had to be until the time of his expulsion, even as there was a time in Heaven for Satan until he was cast out.

Brandon LaBerteaux

Post by Brandon LaBerteaux »

Heard and understood, Victor.

Just for clarity for everyone's sake and not to justify, the context I was referring to was when I was looking for a job in January of last year, and Dennison had offered to help me by contacting a local Wells Fargo branch, because Dennison was at a branch there in Helena at the time.

I asked the question (aren't banks evil?), and Paul answered such. Considering the aftermath, I'll take what Paul had to say on many matters with a grain of salt.

Michael, you may have seen Paul Cohen's name around here on the site, in some of the writings. If you would like to know the full story of last year's (and the time leading up to it) events you can find them here. You may also read about the full journey in Victor's Theo-autobiography.
Michael, I don't believe you would have been inclined to part with your
girlfriend if there was any work of the Spirit of God drawing her to
Himself. And as awkward as you may have been about it, your heart was
headed in the right direction. God does not expect perfection from a lump
of clay freshly set on a wheel. The work only begins there.
Amen!

Nicholas Carpenter

Post by Nicholas Carpenter »

Hey Micheal,

I just wanted to point out some very wonderful realizations of God's will in the last week since losing my last job, some of which now include you. I jumped on the forum and put my testimony on as well as sent several emails to Victor, mainly with the goal of receiving some kind of point in the right direction. When I didn't receive any response to my testimony or emails I was discouraged. However today when reading the encouragement you seemed to have received from my testimony I realized that I was putting it up for my own purposes, not His. Yet the Lord was gracious and merciful to me still.

Now I see Christ has used your situation and testimony to help me as well because not only is there someone going through very similar tribulations, but all the advice from everyone else is helping me out as well. The main point is that the direction you're looking for may not come from where your expecting. It may be God testing your patience as he did the Isrealites before they reached Mt. Sinai in Exodus. Indeed according to the scriptures He is in the process of molding us both.

Romans 5:3-5 Amplified Bible (AMP)
3 And not only this, but [with joy] let us exult in our sufferings and rejoice in our hardships, knowing that hardship (distress, pressure, trouble) produces patient endurance; 4 and endurance, proven character (spiritual maturity); and proven character, hope and confident assurance [of eternal salvation]. 5 Such hope [in God’s promises] never disappoints us, because God’s love has been abundantly poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Rejoice my brother for our Lord Christ is working in both of us.

In regards to what the Lord has shown me, is that starting from step 1, you should make plans that revolve around making sure God is glorified. For instance, (this may not apply to everyone) I'm not going to take out a loan or a gift from family or friend's to receive a CDL (trucking-license) because I don't want any more glory to go to anyone else for any success that happens in my life. Through Jesus Christ alone I will be given whatever is necessary so that may happen. So in regards to making any plans, just ask if you glorify Christ in it. And always remember these verses for plan making.

James 4:13-17 Amplified Bible (AMP)
13 Come now [and pay attention to this], you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and carry on our business and make a profit.” 14 [a]Yet you do not know [the least thing] about what may happen in your life tomorrow. [What is secure in your life?] You are merely a vapor [like a puff of smoke or a wisp of steam from a cooking pot] that is visible for a little while and then vanishes [into thin air]. 15 Instead [c]you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and we will do this or that.” 16 But as it is, you boast [vainly] in your pretension and arrogance. All such boasting is evil. 17 So any person who knows what is right to do but does not do it, to him it is sin.

Ecclesiastes 5:18-20 Amplified Bible (AMP)
18 Behold, here is what I have seen to be good and fitting: to eat and drink, and to find enjoyment in all the labor in which he labors under the sun during the few days of his life which God gives him—for this is his [allotted] reward. 19 Also, every man to whom God has given riches and possessions, He has also given the power and ability to enjoy them and to receive [this as] his [allotted] portion and to rejoice in his labor—this is the gift of God [to him]. 20 For he will not often consider the [troubled] days of his life, because God keeps him occupied and focused on the joy of his heart [and the tranquility of God indwells him].

I also know that because of my confusion I've made mistakes in praying to God, this passage about prayer has been critical in this past week. Victor gave it to me when he rejected a poem I wrote earlier.

Ecclesiastes 5:1-3 Amplified Bible (AMP)
Your Attitude Toward God
5 Guard your steps and focus on what you are doing as you go to the house of God and draw near to listen rather than to offer the [careless or irreverent] sacrifice of fools; for they are too ignorant to know they are doing evil. 2 Do not be hasty with your mouth [speaking careless words or vows] or impulsive in thought to bring up a matter before God. For God is in heaven and you are on earth; therefore let your words be few. 3 For the dream comes through much effort, and the voice of the fool through many words.

My prayer is the Jesus use this to bring clarity to us who are growing in the faith. May this all be used for his glory, Amen.

Nicholas Carpenter

I hope this will also help you Michael. May the Lord grant wisdom and show us grace moving forward.

Nicholas Carpenter
Mar 13 (4 days ago)
to Victor

So a most recent development has me thinking perhaps neither option I presented is where the Lord is going to have me work and grow for a season. In prayer last night after another....unfavorable discussion with my parents, I was reading through Acceptance and it clicked within me that I would be a good fit for a truck driver. I was considering it as an option but compared to going to work in another town for a bakery I simply wrote it off at first. I suppose I thought I was better than a truck driver.

I've always shown promise in many areas, from school to work ethic to business. I've come up with so many ideas for the owner of the bakery that he's willing to let me run the entire business with him. Everyone always saw so much raw talent and potential in me. None of it ever felt right or fulfilling, but throughout my life since getting a vehicle, I loved taking drives. It was a time where there was something important to do, yet not overly taxing because I stayed on back roads and such. Much of my time was spent on the road for 3 1/2 hours at a time to and from my hometown and school, and I never really thought much of the drive even though most complained about it.

I don't exactly know what the Lord want to do with all the business ideas and such, but after accepting my lot and who I am; I realized that cross-country driving sounds absolutely wonderful. I'm fairly socially awkward so customer service in recent months has been hard for me, but with driving its just 5 minutes and The Lord can season that speech with salt, especially because I can see myself really loving that job. Ecclesiastes 5:19 shays its a gift from God to enjoy one's toil and so far I haven't liked the driving jobs I've had so far unless I was on long stretches of road. Yet it was never more than 25-40 minutes, but I enjoyed every second of it, music or no.

I now am planning on asking a friend in the business to help me get started. I pray the Lord work in my heart so when I say "Lord willing" I mean it and understand it fully. I don't know exactly how this will play out in the years to come. With the rise in automation I cannot see this job lasting decades into the future. But if I don't even know what will happen tomorrow, who am I so base my decisions today on something that will happen many years down the line. It would meet every desire I have to spend more time alone with God, time away from home to mature without all the pressure. And perhaps you can show me audios I can listen to whether it be sermons or podcasts PLUS who better to witness to than people who are not constantly being fed the lies found throughout organized religion. Perhaps I shouldn't witness till I grow more, but isn't that at least part of what Christ is using TPOT for?

My only contention is that I feel like it might be considered running away from the problems I'm having at home, but I'll be thankful to the Lord if he desires me to stay regardless.

I do have another poem I'd like for you to check. I sent it to the pastor of the baptist church my family has been attending as well and I'm trusting the scriptural reprove more than any other criticism I have.

His

So you think that you hold the deed of your life?
Dear master, hear my reminder of what you have done.
Were not all endeavors made for thine future;
as you stitched together your interests like a surgeon with suture.
Carefully incorporating all that you were,
into a dream that all said you would adore.
Believe them all did you, as you battled the truth;
That Eternal pang within your heart from your youth.
Your mind seemed to rationalize the death of your luster.
Because isn't it only children who wonder at creation?
Oh, what sorrow the day that you worked hard;
to kill off the seed of the eternal, without which you're a shard!
A fragment of the creation you're made to be;
trying to create a life to stifle the shouts they don't see.
The cry that says, "THERE'S NOTHING HERE!
ONLY DEATH AND PAIN AND REASON FOR TEARS!
LISTEN OH FOOL FOR YOUR TIME WILL COME SOON;
for to death, not a man, no not you are immune."
i plead, oh lord, you to hearken my voice!
Thy servant's burden is to tell thee thy choice.
For in remembrance of how fickle all you've made is;
O' Lord let my lord make his life His.

May all that has been said so far be used for the glory of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Victor Hafichuk
6:35 PM (3 hours ago)
to Ronnie, me

Hi, Nicholas, and Good Sabbath!

I spent many years wondering what I should do or be. None of that wondering got me anywhere. What I was searching for was the Lord, Who is The Way. It’s the same with you. Trust Him. He’s in charge and leading you though you don’t know it or aren’t aware of His work.

Set aside religious expression; get real.

“Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile (pretense, ostentation, posturing, imitation, formality, dishonesty, etc.)

You may consider posting this at the Forum to receive others’ feedback. You may include my response to you.

\/

Isaiah Dillard

Post by Isaiah Dillard »

Nicholas,

You asked for teachings/sermons to listen to: There are teachings here with audio recordings, as well as hours of Bible readings and Sabbath meetings (as well as PDF transcripts) to learn and be washed in the truth. There is much wisdom The Lord has given through these outlets.

TPOT also has a YouTube page. Here are a couple videos to listen to (that are snippets from the Bible reading meetings), that apply to what's been talked about in this thread with Michael as well.

God's Plan and God's Will (Mark 1:40-45 part 1)
https://youtu.be/gwpcQJoh4iA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You Don't Have to Impress Anybody (Mark 1:40-45 part 2)
https://youtu.be/AzY1Fq46190" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michael Condit

Post by Michael Condit »

Nicholas:

It is pretty cool to see God working through our testimonies. I am definitely Glad that He could use both of what we are going through to help us, He truly is sovereign and good in everything.

Your advice on looking to Glorify Christ in my decisions is very helpful, it is clear I have been looking how they will be good for me and not how they will bring honor to Christ, which explains the confusion "where envy and self-seeking exist confusion and every evil thing are there" (James 3:16). Lord forgive me for my self-seeking vain ways.

James and James 3 more specifically has been the main book and chapter that has come to my mind for the past year when I ask God what I am supposed to read.

Those verses are very helpful and actually go hand in hand with what I was just experiencing the other night. I will share what happened for one because it correlates to the verses you gave and the other to know from others if it is truly from the Lord.

I was coming home from seeing "I can only imagine" with my family, my dad bought 10 tickets and I felt bad not going. I asked the Lord if any truth is in this please let that be the only thing that comes forth to me and the only tid-bit of truth was on forgiveness the quote was "If the Lord gives you the power to forgive , you can forgive" or something along those lines." Anyways, I was headed to a friends house, but on the way there I had the sense that God knew my heart and that I wanted to serve Him. I began saying I do, I do want to serve you with everything I have and I began to cry for the first time in I have no idea how long. So as I was almost to my friends I had the the strong urge to instead go and spend time with him. So I did, knowing that I would not want to pray of my own desire, so I knew it was God. I then sat in the car in the randalls parking lot, I do not know why I felt that is where I was supposed to go. I sat there and began to talk, but this time I heard "be quiet and listen" 2 times i believe so I was and this is what I wrote down:

This first part was the beginning of my prayer and what I realized while I was driving and wrote down:
"If You want us to be together we will be together, no matter if thwarted it. If it wasn't ordained then we won't comeback together, if it is God will bring us back together in Your perfect timing"

Then "I cant thwart Gods will"

I wrote: He knows I am trying to serve Him he sees my heart

He tests the hearts of men

Obedience is love

This second part is what I heard after I was told to be quiet and listen:

"Do not fear man or anything. What can man or anything do against you? I am the God who breaks strong holds. If I am for you who or what can stand against you? There is nothing.
Do not test me, do not question me I AM that I AM. Thus says the Lord.

I asked what do you mean do not fear man?

and I heard

Fear man ( as in fear his ways and his preaching and anything else) all lies and falsehoods will be exposed and destroyed in my mind.

Trust in Me in with all of your heart, mind soul and strength and I will go before you and prepare a way.

I AM that Way, I AM that Truth (Jesus)"

It sounds like it is from God, however what concerns be is the "thus says the Lord part" I wonder if it is something my mind put in because I have read that on the TPOT. So if there is any confirmation whether or not that is from God that would be nice, Lord willing.

Anyways, thank you Nicholas for sharing and for those verses and your encouragement and not just yours but everyones on here the help and clarification I have received is more helpful than you could ever know. I do confess because there have been certain things on TPOT i have not fully understood yet and don't completely agree with at this time, although I know I will come to, I have questioned Victor and the site and had thoughts of this is not true. For that I am very sorry. Because I realize I am questioning God in it to, as if He doesn't know what he is doing by bringing me here, very ignorant of me. God is in full control, I have to stop questioning Him, that has become very clear.

Nicholas, the second post of yours was helpful as well, thank you!

Thank you everyone again for the wisdom, advice, and help you have provided. I feel as though I have been a bit whiny, for that I repent. I will take the advice and wisdom given here adn thank God for speaking through you all.

Nicholas Carpenter

This is gonna sound kind of sappy. I pray the Lord be what shows and not me.

I've only been a detriment to so many, and for the first time in a long time I know something done through me wasn't evil. The Lord encouraged you Micheal, and I'm almost in tears he used me. Let us all be testimonies of the Lord's power and mercy in that through Jesus we can all truly be of one body with one mind and one spirit one baptism and one God. Though many will not follow him and it will often be those we love dearly, I can honestly say that truly one cannot thwart God's will.

What will be, will be.

My hope and prayer is that all believers may find this forum and site and grow exponentially in the Lord as he molds us into a new creation. May all glory and honor and praise be to the Almighty for the work he does in us all. And be it his will, may we never stop fighting the good fight of faith in the Risen King.

Michael Condit

Post by Michael Condit »

Amen Nicholas! And I am glad the Lord has encouraged you as well.

I did make a reply to everyone else that replied to, in it I answered Brandon's questions and replied to tony as I did not see his until after I had already submitted my reply to Isaiah. I guess it hasn't been approved yet, hopefully it does unless it is seen fit for it not to be.

If it is not, I will make another one that is not so lengthy. If that is was the Lord wills.

Steve Beiler

Post by Steve Beiler »

Greetings

I want to share an email Victor sent me which really blessed my wife and I.

I wrote:

It's a time of testing, I'm thankful for All of it, tho it is hard, my flesh is against my spirit ,and I know without The Grace of God I would not survive. There's nothing I want more than to be faithful, to honor The Lord in all things and to fully trust Him. God is so Faithful, He is teaching me to trust Him, more and more and I'm so thankful. There is so much I don't understand, but it doesn't matter, He is teaching me, the point is to trust Him in ALL things and He gives revelation as He sees fit , in His time , for His Glory, Praise God!!

No where else have I been taught to trust The Lord like here,and I'm very thankful!

Victors reply:

Hi, Stephen!

The Lord isn’t calling us to understand. He calls us to believe and obey Him. As we do so, understanding comes in due time as needed. But if we try to understand prematurely or if we try to force it (which can’t be done with true understanding), we’ll find ourselves striving with our Maker, not believing things that are true and believing things that aren’t.

What was once the thing to do,

He’ll no longer wink at.

What was once so wrong,

Now we grow right into.

Things are always changing

And with no change, we die,

But if we change we hurt

And pain is the fruit of growing

Until we come to the fullness

In Christ Jesus our Lord.

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” (Hebrews 11:1 MKJV).

Proverbs 3:5-8 ESV
(5) Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
(6) In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths.
(7) Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD, and turn away from evil.
(8) It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones.

Good to hear about Martha and the boys.

1 Corinthians 2:4-10 MKJV
(4) And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
(5) so that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
(6) But, we speak wisdom among those who are perfect; yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the rulers of this world, that come to nothing.
(7) But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, which God has hidden, predetermining it before the world for our glory;
(8) which none of the rulers of this world knew (for if they had known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory).
(9) But as it is written, "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard," nor has it entered into the heart of man, "the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
(10) But God has revealed them to us by His Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of God.

\/

Michael Condit

Post by Michael Condit »

Hi all, first off I want to thank you all for taking the time to reply.

Tony, I apologize I somehow missed your response and did not see it until
after I replied to Isaiah. Thank you for your response. I definitely agree
that Gods law is in effect today. Due to the fact that if Jesus came to
fulfill it and He comes to dwell in us, then we would also fulfill it and
even Paul says as much saying that we establish the law and all of romans 2
verifies this as well. I do have trouble know that which God requires of me
personally, as I have trouble knowing what is from Him and what is not. Tt
is often a weeding out process of the thoughts in my head.
Do you truly want to do God’s will? Do you want to know Him and hear from
Him in all matters of life? Do you want God to make Himself known to you?
Here’s how (Lord willing):
“He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he
who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will
reveal Myself to him” (John 14:21 MKJV).
{End}
An interesting side note, I was driving the other day and I had some what
of a revelation that obedience is love, while I had understood it
scripturally, I felt that this grabbed ahold of me where as before it was
only surface knowledge. However, despite this I do not understand how it
works, how can I keep his commandments without him causing me to? But what
is said is true none the less. One thing I have learned is that there is
definitely a difference between experiencing scripture and knowing it, a
difference between having the Word know you rather than knowing it.

Sarah: That is definitely true and something I have been coming to see that
where I am, who I am, what I am going through is something to accept and be
thankful for. I am still definitely learning in this though because my
whole life I have done the opposite. I pray that God will continue to work
on me with this.

Brandon

Thank you so much for that advice and understand you provided. Those words
were extremely helpful to me, I often get frustrated with myself for not
doing everything perfectly and having this all down right away.
So just take the first steps you know you need to take. You broke up with
your girlfriend. Why? Were you in fornication and you knew it was wrong? Do
you know she isn't your God-given wife? Do you know she is?
I guess there are few reasons I broke up with her. One was I have not been
so sure lately if I want to be married and have kids. another is I have
been going through a lot with all of this and was no longer able to be
there for her and I was starting to get angry and not treat her well. The
other is I was not sure if she was the one God has chosen for me, because
the relationship while it did not originally start in fornication because
of my desire to have a godly relationship it eventually led to us having
premarital sex. However, she was supportive of whatever I chose. I
eventually told her we did not need to be having sex so we stopped. Around
January i began to fall back into looking at porn, which recently has made
me realize it was one of the reasons I was not treating her well. But in
the end the deciding factor was I felt I needed to be seeking God and that
I can't do that and be focused on her in the relationship. It is just
confusing because she has basically told me everything that one would want
to hear from a girlfriend. I guess I just don't trust "my feelings" because
I have been in sin and besides feelings are fleeting. I guess where I have
landed at with it all is if God want us back together he will cause it to
happen. I miss her and it is hard because she was really sincere in doing
everything she could to be with me, but if it is not God ordained she would
never have been able to follow through on those promises and we would have
only fought.

We were working through things and seeing a counselor and actually starting
to do well, but once coming to the TPOT I became more dissatisfied in the
relationship and feeling like I had to break up with her and everything
came to a head when I spent the day in a fast and seeking God one day, the
first time I have felt inclined to do so in forever and did not go to an
event I had told her I would go to earlier in the week. However, she pointed
out a lot of flaws and truths about me that I know I need to work on, which
was nice because she was not afraid to be honest, even though it was hard
to receive at times.

Thank you again for your encouragement. I do often feel that I should be
completely changed overnight.

Braden: Thank you for sharing that part of your testimony with your old
girlfriend. There was one aspect that was similar to what I have
experienced with my ex-girlfriend and that was that she talked in suicidal
terms when we would be talking about breaking up and has told me I was
mentally abusive toward her, which I may have been, like I said I did not
handle everything well as I was trying to know what the right decision was,
so I was back and forth. Thank you for your encouragement Braden it is good
to know others have had some similar situations.

Victor: Thank you for your reply, that makes complete sense. I guess I just
have had a hard time trusting my inclinations at the moment. But you're
right if God was drawing her to himself and working in her I would not have
had the feeling that I needed to.

I do have a question though, is it possible that because we had sex I am supposed to marry her? This comes after reading an update I saw. I also am curious if I am having trouble seeing if I am doing it out of my own selfish reasons or for Him.

I read everything on Paul, I do have some questions about all of that. But
I was not here or directly involved so I don't feel it is my place to ask
anything at all.

Return to “Introductions and Testimonies”