Totally lost?

A place to introduce yourself and share a bit of your story.
Susan Herring

Totally lost?

Post by Susan Herring »

This is my second post. Even after reading my own words, I realized, just how deceived I've been! I don't believe I happened upon you by "accident". I have been reading alot of your material and quite frankly, I am overwhelmed; not because I don't believe it, but because I do!! Three years ago, through reading scripture, I saw where I was deceived about the Sabbath. When I did attend "church", it was on Sunday. Since then, I have been really out there reeling around "alone". I know I have been trying to serve two masters. Sin has been controlling me!

Mark Pearson

Re: Totally lost?

Post by Mark Pearson »

Hi Susan: I understand - I know nearly nothing - but I understand. I'm certain that the Lord brought me to Path of Truth. I have gained so much insight into what the Lord is Really saying in scripture from Victor, Paul, and various others who have the insight. I'm in turmoil over how carnal my thinking is, and it's been difficult to repeatedly catch myself wandering back to the patterns of thought that are against God, like figuring things out rather than trusting God, forgetting to give things up to God rather than handle things myself, etc. I'm ecstatic at my learning and at the same time, I'm marveling at my infancy. This is definitely the place to be, to gain strength, and confidence in the Lord. I wish you the best.

Mark Pearson

Susan Herring

Post by Susan Herring »

Thank you Mark Pearson

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

Hi Susan,

The Lord brought you here in your searching because He is drawing you to Himself. Could this be the first time you truly believe? It sounds like you’ve never been delivered from your sins but have been under the wrath of God over the many years of your professing life. Is that because you’ve been taking His Name in vain, not really believing and walking with Him in faith?

Whatever the case, it’s no problem for the Lord to turn you around and set you on the path of truth, having life in Him when He draws you. Look to Him for the faith to believe and obey Him.

What is He requiring of you? That’s what you need to know, and He will make it known if you’re asking. You need to know He wants you to live and to prosper in living.

“The thief does not come except to steal and to kill and to destroy. I have come so that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down His life for the sheep” (John 10:10-11 MKJV).

So it’s not your work, but His, which He accomplishes in you by the faith you receive from Him by hearing and believing His Word preached by those He sends. You’re not going to get there by trying to believe and comply with everything the Lord taught Victor over many years, reflected by the teachings on this site. You’re going to get there because you take the step in front of you today, whatever that is, and it is there.

“But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow; for tomorrow shall be anxious for its own things. Sufficient to the day is the evil of it” (Matthew 6:33-34 MKJV).

You say you’re unequally yoked in your current marriage. The Lord will take care of your concerns there, too, if you obey Him in the thing at hand. Don’t look at your circumstances – look to Him and trust Him in what you are given. He will see you through everything.

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

Susan, if you know you’re lost, then you could be in a good place.

“For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost” (Luke 19:10 MKJV).

“When Jesus heard it, He said to them, ‘Those who are healthy have no need of a physician, but those who are ill. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance’” (Mark 2:17 EMTV).

Make the best of your conviction by looking to the One Who can save you from yourself. You say you’re addicted. Addiction isn’t your problem, however, it’s only a symptom of your problem, which is you. How do you get rid of you? You can’t, but when you look to the Lord, putting your trust in Him, you are delivered.

Numbers 21:7-9 ESV
(7) And the people came to Moses and said, "We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD and against you. Pray to the LORD, that He take away the serpents from us." So Moses prayed for the people.
(8) And the LORD said to Moses, "Make a fiery serpent and set it on a pole, and everyone who is bitten, when he sees it, shall live."
(9) So Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on a pole. And if a serpent bit anyone, he would look at the bronze serpent and live.

John 3:14-18 ESV
(14) And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
(15) that whoever believes in Him may have eternal life.
(16) "For God so loved the world, that he gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.
(17) For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through Him.
(18) Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the Name of the only Son of God.

In the two replies I've just made here, Susan, I've also answered your other post, titled: "Leaving a marriage that was unequally yoked from the beginni
' by Susan Herring » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:01 am"
I am a believer in Jesus Christ since 1976. However my life, for the most part, has been full of sin.ie..addiction, on my 4th marriage. I am 62 years old and as of late, I know the Lord is really drawing me back to Him. I am miserable in this marriage and have tried to leave several times, only to come back. I also cannot seem to abstain from addiction with him? Any thoughts?

Return to “Introductions and Testimonies”