Luigi Di Benedetto

A place to introduce yourself and share a bit of your story.
Luigi Di Benedetto

Luigi Di Benedetto

Post by Luigi Di Benedetto »

I got an email from Victor Hafichuk and below is a copy of the email.

Hi Luigi,

We do not know you; we hardly know anything about you; we don’t know what you preach, what you call the Gospel. We don’t know what kinds of doctrines and practices you would teach, although in your testimony on the TPOT Forum, you do make mention of the trinity, for example, which we don’t agree with. We also don’t know how you would conduct yourself with those you presume to reach out to. How then can we consent to promoting your works?

If we knew the Lord was sending you, we might well help, but we don’t know that. For all we know you have the right clothing, but do you have the right heart, serving the Lord Jesus Christ? That, we don’t know. However, given the statistics we’re familiar with, the chances you are legitimate in your heart and works before the Lord, would at best be 1 in 10,000.

And are you in agreement with everything you read at our site? Are you familiar with all our doctrine, our testimonies and my book? All those should readily tell you whether or not you would be comfortable with associating with us, so it goes both ways.

Serving the Lord Jesus Christ, contending for the faith once delivered to the saints,

Victor Hafichuk

Fair enough; i will make an attempt in helping others to get to know me and hope to get to know anyone who wants to make themselves known to me and others.

My name is Luigi Di Benedetto and i am from Australia. Am on my 55th lap around the sun. i am the eldest of five children. For income; i worked as a property manager, wedding photography, pizza deliveries and a security officer throughout my life.

My home is in rural Australia in a village called Reids Flat in the state of New South Wales. My home sits on an acre and a third and the population of Reids Flat is about 30 people. My wife died in 2002 and i have been alone ever since. Praise the Lord that i live a debt free lifestyle and will do so for the remainder of my days. This is the will of God for me.

I read and study the Bible daily. If we can feed our bodies three meals a day. How much more we ought to to feed our hearts and minds. There is nothing better than reading the Bible. I love and worship God with all my being and that's why i can say for in him i live, and move, and have my being with a clear conscious throughout my life.

The gospel is the good news is having faith in Jesus Christ and what He said and done throughout His life, burial and resurrection to have our relationship with God restored. My faith had its beginning in 1979, while reading the New and Old Testament. My faith is evident to all with what i think, say and do throughout my life.

My doctrines are based on the Bible alone. When i find a wrong doctrine in my life i am quick to change my doctrine to what the Bible say my doctrine ought to be. i was a roman catholic and i no longer pray to Mary and the saints i was taught. Nor do i worship Mary and the saints as instructed in the roman catholic church.

God of the Bible is THE I AM found in Exodus 3:14 meaning He is the self-existent One and reveal Himself throughout our lives. Once our relationship with Him is restored, we must make a point in getting to Him better and better throughout our lives. As we do, we also get to know His plans and purpose for our lives.

Touching lives with the love of God and the gospel of reconciliation is also important to and making them disciples of Jesus not Luigi.

Feel free to ask questions and i will make time to answer them Victor or anyone else. Sure there was sins i needed to repent from and i have and they no longer weighing me down as they used to do so.

My wrong thinking has been replaced with right thinking as instructed throughout the Bible. My wrong doctrines will always be replaced with the right doctrines throughout the Bible. I not only know about God I know God.

PS: Do you really believe 1:10 000 is an accurate figure. How many are on this website then. Are you getting to know then one by one?

Paul Cohen

Re: Luigi Di Benedetto

Post by Paul Cohen »

I'm posting the letter you sent Victor, Luigi, so people can see what he was answering:

Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2017 2:11 AM
To: ask@thepathoftruth.com
Subject: Keeping In Touch

Hello Victor

For a long time now; I have had hidden in my heart to go to Europe to touch lives with the love of God and the gospel of reconciliation. Especially the English speaking expats from English speaking in countries from European backgrounds. Plans to go in October 2017 and would appreciate your prayers and I wasn’t sure if I am allowed to post that in the forum. So I didn’t and I leave it up to you and it you want to get further aquainted, let me know.

Hidden In Christ

Luigi Di Benedetto

><000> “He enriches with the BLESSING of God.” ….. Motto of the DI BENEDETTO family since the 13th century. <000><

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Luigi Di Benedetto sent me another note, which I post here and will reply to:

From: Luigi Di Benedetto [mailto:dibenedetto@bordernet.com.au]
Sent: February-25-17 11:13 PM
To: 'Victor Hafichuk' <victor@thepathoftruth.com>
Subject: RE: Keeping In Touch

Hi Victor

Okay let’s get to know each other. I just wrote something for the forum to get to know me etc. and now I am inviting you to my home so you can get to know each other. Trust you have been praying for me and take note what the Lord has been saying about me. That also goes for Paul also since he got a copy of your email to me. Shame of you looking at the statistics and not what the Lord is saying.

Hidden In Christ

Luigi

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Ok, Luigi, here we go:

You ask about the "statistic" I throw out, "Do you really believe 1:10 000 is an accurate figure. How many are on this website then. Are you getting to know then one by one?"

What I said was just another, perhaps not the most effective, way of saying what the Lord said:

"Go in through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many there are who go in through it. Because narrow is the gate and constricted is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it" (Matthew 7:13-14 MKJV).

And you rebuke me here: "Shame of ['on'?] you looking at the statistics and not what the Lord is saying."

Luigi, I hope you're satisfied with my explanation of the "statistic." I wait for the fruits, as the Lord has advised. If you find it convenient and comfortable to rebuke an elder before all (which seems to be what you're doing; correct me if wrong), we're already seeing fruit that may not be so desirable. What do you think and have to say for starters?

Luigi Di Benedetto

Post by Luigi Di Benedetto »

Agree with Matthew 7:13-14 and you are right that is a better way in putting it instead of 1:10 000. It was not a rebuke and where did you get that statistic? Forgive me nevertheless as I love you as I do all the people of God.

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

Luigi, you misconstrued what Victor originally said, taking it as if he was judging you by numbers (a figure of speech), rather than by hearing you out. All he was saying was that without hearing about where you stood with the Lord according to His work in us as recorded here, the odds were not in your favor. We have literally had the thousands who come to us professing faith while proving otherwise daily.

We can't simply take your word for it that you are in Christ - we will know you by your fruits. So far, no corroborating fruits of faith are evident.

Paul

Return to “Introductions and Testimonies”