FT - Myles Munroe: The Most Subtle of Beasts

What we have new on ThePathofTruth.com
Sara V Schmidt

FT - Myles Munroe: The Most Subtle of Beasts

Post by Sara V Schmidt »

We have a new False Teacher Exposed:

Munroe, Myles:

The Most Subtle of Beasts

Satan is the master persuader, not because he lies outright, but because his lies are hidden in the truth. He provides those whose hearts aren’t wedded to the truth opportunity to justify doing their own thing while appearing to do the right thing. In this correspondence, Myles Munroe gives his satanic pitch for a form of godliness that denies God’s Power and Authority.

Edwin Romero

Re: FT - Myles Munroe: The Most Subtle of Beasts

Post by Edwin Romero »

This man was quite impressive with some of his teachings. I red like three of his books, and he is considered a hero in Honduras. He was in this country in 2013 as a guest speaker for the big event, "One Nation in One Day," which was supposed to mean the salvation of many, if not all of Hondurans, in one day. He spoke to the organized churches and to the politicians. Many applauded his words to the politicians, where he confronted them with their corruption and selfish agendas.

However, his own agenda was quite different from the one Jesus Christ has. For example, he said we were not supposed to be focused on heaven so much because the Kingdom of God was to be established on earth, which sounds kind of right. But then he also said it is man who authorizes God to act on earth; "man, by his faith and prayers, give a legal license to God to do anything on earth, as man is the legal ruler of earth - a right he lost in Eden but Jesus recovered for him at Calvary." (Understanding the Purpose and Power of Prayer - by Myles Monroe).

As he passed on, many here have expressed much sorrow, and I agree his death was tragically sad, but few wonder why a so-called man of God would suffer such fate, especially while he is very active and busy with matters of "the kingdom."

Still, I always ponder on the often-quoted verse at TPOT: "Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were sinners above all men who lived in Jerusalem? I tell you, No. But unless you repent, you will all likewise perish." (Luke 13:4-5 MKJV)

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

"But then he also said it is man who authorizes God to act on earth; 'man, by his faith and prayers, give a legal license to God to do anything on earth, as man is the legal ruler of earth - a right he lost in Eden but Jesus recovered for him at Calvary.'"

Hi Edwin,

So let me get this straight:

Man is dead because of rebellion, rejecting God's authority.

Jesus Christ lays down His life, purchasing man's soul with His blood, thus bringing man back from the dead - something man couldn't do for himself.

So now, being restored, man gives God the right to act in His own creation, which He was already doing for man, without his license or even desire, by saving him from sin, the serpent, himself, death and hell.

By saving man, therefore, man takes back his sovereignty from his Ultimate Authority, which he had lost to the usurper, the serpent - sovereignty he originally freely received by "license" of grace from God.

Therefore, according to our departed deceived and deceiving friend, "the Father can do nothing without the son." Unless man permits His Creator to act, we're all hopeless as men unless we use God's grace and power to redeem ourselves by letting God act!

So who is it that is now Lord of lords and King of kings?

Of course, I'm not sure you're quoting Munroe verbatim, but if so (or close enough to it), it is rather convoluted thinking, as you suggest? At the very least, a very poor choice of words and unfortunate phrasing on Munroe's part, resulting in credit to man of righteousness that trumps Christ's righteousness, to be sure.

Victor Hafichuk

Furthermore, it was the serpent that usurped man's God-given authority on earth. Did God therefore need the serpent's authority to operate on earth? Was it Satan who had the right to torment Job, for example? Whose hedge was keeping Job from the prince of this world's destructive desire?

Oh yes, if all these things are true, Dr. Myles Munroe was an entertaining man of God, indeed!

Victor Hafichuk

If your quote is proven accurate, Edwin, all this conversation could be added to the TPOT post of Munroe.

Edwin Romero

Post by Edwin Romero »

Hello Victor,

You've put more clarity to explain how wrong that kind of teaching is. Not having Monroe's books with me anymore, I only paraphrased his words. The man was certainly entertaining, impressive, and defiant of traditional "Christian doctrines." I can tell you that Mirna and Bernardo were teaching from his books for about a year, and I even felt bad that I didn't really "get the idea" in my heart back then, around 2008.

There are several videos on youtube where he elaborates on this and more doctrines concerning the legal rights on earth. He says it's not because God is weak or incapable, but because it's the way He designed things by His word, and He is bound by His Word...

You surely have little time, if any, but in this video he says much more of what I wrote and his rationale for it, and specifically beginning minute 28... You, or Paul, might want to take a look at it here: http://youtu.be/pTYG43i_mxM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edwin Romero

Post by Edwin Romero »

As of now, I am translating "God Is Sovereign - Man Is Presumptuous," addressing Andrew Wommack's teaching. This paper says much in response to Myles' error as well.

Victor Hafichuk

Hi Edwin,

Looked at the video starting at minute 28 as you directed. What trash! Fast and arrogant talker, full of words and void of understanding.

Edwin Romero

Post by Edwin Romero »

You're right, Victor. And when I think of how much people admire Monroe (I was there, too), I see a perfect application of this Scripture, which was an eye-opener for me when I first came here:

" So he said to them, “You are those who justify yourselves in the sight of others; but God knows your hearts; for what is prized by human beings is an abomination in the sight of God." (Luke 16:15)

Joe Vonheeder

Post by Joe Vonheeder »

The Lord is making it more and more clear to me that the root problem of all of this is trust in self, that Job's sin was "the worst" of all, and the root of all the rest, self-righteousness, self-goodness, "the Lord will think I'm good enough", which is the surest poison of all. I am beginning to understand why Job had to repent in dust in ashes...he wasn't flattering the Lord, or speaking idly in any way.

Lord, save us from our righteouness.

Victor Hafichuk

Well said, Joe!

Bertin Pelletier

Post by Bertin Pelletier »

most nominal churches teaches self ritheousnes; they don,t need the law

Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

Post by Ronnie Tanner »

Joe Vonheeder wrote:The Lord is making it more and more clear to me that the root problem of all of this is trust in self, that Job's sin was "the worst" of all, and the root of all the rest, self-righteousness, self-goodness, "the Lord will think I'm good enough", which is the surest poison of all. I am beginning to understand why Job had to repent in dust in ashes...he wasn't flattering the Lord, or speaking idly in any way.

Lord, save us from our righteouness.
Amen.

Bertin Pelletier

Post by Bertin Pelletier »

that is the problem of the dénominations of today; self justification. save by grace alone. i was like them feeling good

Return to “New Postings on TPOT.com”