If everything is in Gods hands

What we have new on ThePathofTruth.com
Michael Condit

If everything is in Gods hands

Post by Michael Condit »

Still working through everything here.

Victor I have some questions.

It's clear everything is in Gods control, so what do I do? How do I know if I am chosen?

If no one can not repent unless God grants it why is there a command to repent? This question has gotten to me. Is repentance even possible unless God allow it and make a person to do so?

It took you most of your life to have all of this revealed And even all of the knowledge of this doesn't really matter right? I mean Paul knew all of this and He fell away. Therefore was Paul not chosen? Can anyone fall away? Why reveal all of that to Paul if he was just going to fall away?

I guess I just don't understand. I want to be Gods so badly, but what if it is my lot as it was Paul's to betray Him?

It's just so scary, God can literally do whatever He wants with us and we have no say. Literally nothing I do matters. Unless Jesus is the one doing them.

Even Jesus said it would have been better if Judas had never been born, he was raised up for that purpose.

Basically all that matters in this life is being one with Jesus and when He tells you to do something you do it. So I can have all of this knowledge you have given to us and know it to be true, but still not be saved because I am not one with Lord and knowing them because He revealed them to me.

Truly all that matters is Jesus and the new heart he alone can implant which is Himself in us to be able to serve Him so that is no longer me alive but Him living in me, and no longer my decisions but him deciding, speaking and working for me.

So what does anything matter? Until I have the person of Jesus Christ I will not be able to do anything or understand anything.

I guess that's just it I won't know anything until God gives it to me to know.

I guess I am truly beginning to see we are all entirely at Gods mercy.

Even the false prophets who do not know they are false prophets are serving Gods purpose.

God makes know his mysteries to those whom He wants, as I'm writing this things have clicked. The will of man does not matter in the slightest. God will, WILL be done, that is a sobering thought.

I guess the answer to my questions is: Jesus.i can do nothing apart from Him and if I am chosen God will make it known to me and do everything in His timing.

Lord, forgive me for my constant questioning and lack of trust.

Victor and all who reply, I still have so much I don't understand, please forgive me for my questioning and my continuous posting.

-Michael

Lori Reneri

Re: If everything is in Gods hands

Post by Lori Reneri »

Hi Michael,
I can understand where you’re coming from with all these questions and not understanding. I’m sure we have all at one time felt these things.

The one thing I’ve come to know and understand is that WE must not rely on waiting for God to give us what we need to do in order to do it...

I too, once though, well I am not able to lose weight and stop eating sugar if God doesn’t give me to do so. That is so wrong, all we need is to look to Him and just DO! We are not to wait around in our sin, keep sinning while waiting for the Lord to change us.

We know right from wrong, we know what sins we are committing. What we are called to do is repent of our sins, not be so ignorant as to think we ought to wait upon the Lord to do everything for us.

Keep your eyes on God and just do that which you know is right to do. That’s all, everything else will come in His perfect time. He knows what we need, He is ever merciful and loving.

This is where trust comes in, and walking by faith. He will lead us if we seek Him with all our heart, mind and soul. Waiting only keeps us in our sin Michael, it’s what our flesh wants.

Keep your eyes on the Lord and just do what you can. Each day is different, just pick up your cross, choose what you know is right, and He will help you carry it.

I hope this helps a little, we are all in this together by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, otherwise you would not be here. Trust that much Michael and start from there. God bless

Nicholas Carpenter

Post by Nicholas Carpenter »

You're asking all the questions I do in my mind. I don't know it its healthy to keep them and not ask them; but i suppose the answer to that is the reasoning. If a question I have is burning inside me and hindering me from doing his will, then better to ask and if i get rebuked then fine. At least now i know I need more patience. If I'm not asking because i know all these answers will come in time as the Lord directs me, then all will go well.

As in your post Michael, sometimes the answers come because we ask the questions with a heart to know him. That's what matters.

Jeremiah 33:3 Amplified Bible (AMP)
3 ‘Call to Me and I will answer you, and tell you [and even show you] great and mighty things, [things which have been confined and hidden], which you do not know and understand and cannot distinguish.’

Michael Condit

Post by Michael Condit »

Thank you both for replying as always I truly appreciate it.

Lori, that was very helpful. I guess I just get caught in the mindset that unless the Lord moves I am powerless. But you're right I have to pick up my cross and trust Him and ask Him for guidance one day at a time. Thank you for the advice. Still trying to fully grasp how it all works but one thing is for sure I can't keep staying in the same sin, it's just not healthy and it's causing me a lot of grief.

Nicholas: that makes so much sense and is so true, I never would have thought of it that way. Thank you for helping bring some clarity to that man and that verse couldn't be more encouraging at this time.

It's been a difficult few days for me. So thank you both again so much for taking the time to reply. I apologize it took me some times to get back with you both.

Michael Condit

Post by Michael Condit »

Was led to Ecclesiastes yesterday, why God was kind and did so is amazing to me after I had gotten angry at Him. His kindness leads us to repentance is what I can only think of.

But it truly has been very helpful. Everything is in his hand, there is no sense in constantly running my mouth. I should let my words be few. For I am but a shadow and a vapor. After all what can I say to Him.

“Everything has already been decided. It was known long ago what each person would be. So there’s no use arguing with God about your destiny. The more words you speak, the less they mean. So what good are they? In the few days of our meaningless lives, who knows how our days can best be spent? Our lives are like a shadow. Who can tell what will happen on this earth after we are gone?”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭6:10-12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Only God can knows how our days will be best spent and what will happen on the earth after we leave and even 20 minutes from now. Our lives are truthfully in the hands of God. And worrying solves nothing.

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:6-7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.”
‭‭I Timothy‬ ‭6:6-7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“So are wise people really better off than fools? Do poor people gain anything by being wise and knowing how to act in front of others? Enjoy what you have rather than desiring what you don’t have. Just dreaming about nice things is meaningless—like chasing the wind.”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭6:8-9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Truly being content and fearing God is the only way. And Fearing God is the only way to enter into rest and the only way to avoid extremes is by Fearing God.

“I have seen everything in my days of vanity: There is a just man who perishes in his righteousness, And there is a wicked man who prolongs life in his wickedness. Do not be overly righteous, Nor be overly wise: Why should you destroy yourself? Do not be overly wicked, Nor be foolish: Why should you die before your time? It is good that you grasp this, And also not remove your hand from the other; For he who fears God will escape them all.”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭7:15-18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Anyways just thought I'd share.

Nicholas Carpenter

Post by Nicholas Carpenter »

Thank you for sharing. I needed to hear all of that. I very easily go to extremes and those words from Ecclesiastes hit home. May the Lord continue to bless you with the Spirit of wisdom and understanding. Truly he shows himself to be a faithful God.

Return to “New Postings on TPOT.com”