New Podcast - An Unexpected Visit with Mormons

What we have new on ThePathofTruth.com
Thierry Bwuzure

Re: New Podcast - An Unexpected Visit with Mormons

Post by Thierry Bwuzure »

I came to read the Scriptures 2 Corinthians 10. Paul speaks about his ministry. Men has problem with authority. The Lord spoke with authority as Paul did, as Victor and Martin do. So, men have problem with the authority of God.

I think that the whole chapter can refer to the reaction of David Larsen and Micki Haendiges. Here are some verses that caught my attention:

"4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled."

Is it not what Victor is doing by the Grace of God, in response to people coming here wanting to teach with pride and knoweldge?

"8 For even if I should boast somewhat more about our authority, which the Lord gave us for edification and not for your destruction, I shall not be ashamed— "

Rebuke, correction are for edification of the believers, but are destruction for the unbeliever (the unbeliever or the man of sin).

"9 lest I seem to terrify you by letters. 10 “For his letters,” they say, “are weighty and powerful, but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech contemptible.” 11 Let such a person consider this, that what we are in word by letters when we are absent, such we will also be in deed when we are present."

The Lord speaks through the letters (emails, facebook, the forum..) that Victor and the elders write to anyone that comes at TPOT. Why would it be different today as Paul send letters long time ago that we can read in the Scriptures.

"12 For we dare not class ourselves or compare ourselves with those who commend themselves. But they, measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise."

David Larsen was doing a comparison, he wanted to deal with the chief of the ministry. A lot of pride was taking place here.

I have to confess that in the beginning, I was too much focussing on Victor. This is so dangerous but he always said to me "Look to Him" like in the song the Lord gave him. Also "Trust and obey". I understand now that this is about The Lord Jesus Christ. That He never changes, remains the same and is faithful.
TPOT is not about men or competition, it is about God, only Him matters.

I think that people who accuses TPOT to be a cult are themselves whorshiping the flesh instead of worshiping the Lord. They want to be leaders like in the world. Nothing to do with the reality.

In conclusion:
"17 But “he who glories, let him glory in the Lord.” 18 For not he who commends himself is approved, but whom the Lord commends."

Hope it was clear, correct me if I made mistakes in this meditation.

Return to “New Postings on TPOT.com”