Ben Shapiro: In the Dark About Jesus Christ

What we have new on ThePathofTruth.com
Ronnie Tanner
Forum Admin

Post by Ronnie Tanner »

There are many who have great respect for Ben Shapiro. I do. He’s impressive, a knowledgeable man, relatively lawful, moral, intelligent, instantly recalls many facts from memory, and reasons on many matters with clarity, wisdom, and judgment. He seems to responsibly deal in fact to back his opinions and conclusions. He’s an eloquent speaker and marvelous debater. He makes a lot of sense. More could be said.

So it seems amazing and disappointing when we find Ben Shapiro speak on Jesus Christ and the Bible, the two sections of which he refers to as the “prequel” (Old Testament) and the “sequel” (New Testament). He doesn’t believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, or Yeshua HaMashiach. Understandably, as the world turns, Ben speaks as an indoctrinated Orthodox Jew with contradiction and ignorance, repeating falsehoods about Jesus Christ. This kind of assaults the impression of Ben Shapiro as being factual and objective, doesn’t it? Read more...

Beryl Knipe

Re: Ben Shapiro: In the Dark About Jesus Christ

Post by Beryl Knipe »

Hi Victor and all,

Thank you for this true and simple explanation regarding Ben Shapiro.

It saddens me terribly when people (who call themselves Jews or Christians) refer to our God as "the guy." I hate that!

IsaiahNew King James Version (NKJV)
1 Who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
2 For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant, And as a root out of dry ground.
He has no form or comeliness; And when we see Him, There is no beauty that we should desire Him.
3 He is despised and rejected by men,
A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
4 Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows, Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted.
5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes, we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He opened not His mouth; He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, And as a sheep, before its shearers is silent, So He opened not His mouth.
8 He was taken from prison and from judgment, And who will declare His generation? For He was cut off from the land of the living; For the transgressions of My people He was stricken.
9 And they[a] made His grave with the wicked—But with the rich at His death, Because He had done no violence, Nor was any deceit in His mouth.
10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief. When You make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, And the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.
11 He shall see the labour of His soul, and be satisfied. By His knowledge, My righteous Servant shall justify many, For He shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great, And He shall divide the spoil with the strong because He poured out His soul unto death, And He was numbered with the transgressors, And He bore the sin of many And made intercession for the transgressors."

I wonder what Shapiro has to say about the above Scriptures. I've heard it said and I've red certain books and Web sites that Isaiah 53 is never mentioned in the synagogues and has been omitted from some Old Testament translations.

How sad that such a "brilliant" person can be so stupid and disrespectful, covering up his ridiculousness with taints of humour! It makes me sick!

Beryl

Tom Babcock

Post by Tom Babcock »

In Victor's article re Ben Shapiro, this quote:

"Ben says, “The Messiah in Judaism is a guy who comes along and restores the Davidic monarchy and brings the Jews back to Israel and restores Jews to practice.”"

It is interesting and sad that many modern Christians essentially believe the same thing.

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Beryl Knipe wrote:Hi Victor and all,

Thank you for this true and simple explanation regarding Ben Shapiro.

It saddens me terribly when people (who call themselves Jews or Christians) refer to our God as "the guy." I hate that!

IsaiahNew King James Version (NKJV)
1 Who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
2 For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant, And as a root out of dry ground.
He has no form or comeliness; And when we see Him, There is no beauty that we should desire Him.
3 He is despised and rejected by men,
A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
4 Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows, Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted.
5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes, we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He opened not His mouth; He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, And as a sheep, before its shearers is silent, So He opened not His mouth.
8 He was taken from prison and from judgment, And who will declare His generation? For He was cut off from the land of the living; For the transgressions of My people He was stricken.
9 And they[a] made His grave with the wicked—But with the rich at His death, Because He had done no violence, Nor was any deceit in His mouth.
10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief. When You make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, And the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.
11 He shall see the labour of His soul, and be satisfied. By His knowledge, My righteous Servant shall justify many, For He shall bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great, And He shall divide the spoil with the strong because He poured out His soul unto death, And He was numbered with the transgressors, And He bore the sin of many And made intercession for the transgressors."

I wonder what Shapiro has to say about the above Scriptures. I've heard it said and I've red certain books and Web sites that Isaiah 53 is never mentioned in the synagogues and has been omitted from some Old Testament translations.

How sad that such a "brilliant" person can be so stupid and disrespectful, covering up his ridiculousness with taints of humour! It makes me sick!

Beryl

I pointed out that despite Ben Shapiro's excellent knowledge, reason, logic, comprehension, ethics, morals, memory, and so forth in the subjects he discusses, he utterly fails by his ignorance and lack of understanding of the facts of Jesus Christ that are available in the Scriptures, both Old and New.

I don't point that out because I believe he can attain unto the understanding, much less knowing, Jesus Christ by his own power or virtue. No person can. That is the Unique thing about the Risen Lord Jesus Christ. He must reveal Himself or we know nothing of Him, no matter how smart, educated, or good we or others think we are.

This is an important lesson for you. I find that you so quickly criticize and condemn people for their unbelief as though they can believe simply by intelligently deciding to do so. This tells me plainly that while you think to know the Lord, He doesn't know you. You have religion, doctrine, and knowledge of the Scriptures according to the letter, but you have never had a relationship with Him.

Beryl, the "first Christian," that man of sin, that first Adam, that anti-Christ who feeds from the Tree of Knowledge must die. His righteousness is nothing more than filthy menstrual rags before Him (Isaiah 64:6). You need to repent of your righteousness and go to the cross. Of course, like I say, only He can make it happen for you. Until then, you are worse off than those you criticize, even condemn.

Because you claim to have a standing before God in Jesus Christ while Ben Shapiro doesn't claim to have one at all, can you presume to be more justified before God than he is?

Beryl Knipe

Post by Beryl Knipe »

Hi Victor,

In this instance, really, all I said was I hate it when people call Jesus "the guy" which led me to add Isaiah 53. I'm sad that you feel this way about me (which, deep down I have also felt and known how you feel, for years!).
Let me add, further ... I'm not religious; I don't know the Scriptures well, at all and I don't have much knowledge - which I explained to you and shared with you, years ago. I've shared many deep, truthful discussions with you and Paul as well. It seems, then in the eyes of God I don't know Him and He doesn't know me? It seems, as well, that I'm worse than menstrual rags, in His Sight?
Beryl

Terri Cabreros

Post by Terri Cabreros »

Hi Beryl
In your response to what Victor said, you stated "In this instance, really, all I said was I hate it when people call Jesus 'the guy' which led me to add Isaiah 53."

But that isn't all you said. At the end of your letter, you said, "How sad that such a 'brilliant' person can be so stupid and disrespectful, covering up his ridiculousness with taints of humour! It makes me sick!"
Could this be what Victor was referring to when he told you that you so quickly criticize and condemn people for their unbelief?

You also say in your response, "I'm sad that you feel this way about me (which, deep down I have also felt and known how you feel, for years!).
This is the second time (that I am aware of) that Victor has chastised you and you have said something like this. I remember you and I had a conversation about it whether by e-mail or on the forum...can't remember and I am unable to locate it.

I believe Victor had rebuked you back then and you did not take it well and I do remember pointing out to you that many of us, some more than others, have been rebuked, chastised, scourged sharply over the years and received it...examining ourselves and believing it was necessary and good.

Your response tells me you didn't receive it then and you don't receive it now. Instead of examining yourself and your attitude, you continue to pout and fret and defend yourself.

The Lord found something in you and Victor pointed it out.
Always, always, "we are the man"...it begins with us and ends with us, never otherwise.

Terri

Beryl Knipe

Post by Beryl Knipe »

Hi Terri

I hear you and I'm sad and sorry if I upset the Lord with my pompous replies to some posts."The guy" set off my anger and I ranted.
Beryl

Beryl Knipe

Post by Beryl Knipe »

Hi Victor,

Here I am and the only words that keep coming to mind are: "menstrual rags" "menstrual rags" "menstrual rags" :(
Yes, I thought I was being "clever" by saying what I said. I should have kept my mouth shut and perhaps just said something short, about "the guy."
I am sorry and I hope you can forgive me for the "know-it-all" rant?
Beryl.

Brian McDonald

Post by Brian McDonald »

Hi Beryl, Try not to take those words tooooo personal as though Victor was calling you unsavoury names, but rather, see it as him referring to a self-righteous attitude within you that must be crucified and put to death. You are not alone in this regard. I for one fall foul of this and need to keep in mind that I, apart from the grace of God, am no better than those I cast down.

6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. 1 Peter 5: 6-9. NIV

Be alert and of sober mind. Having a sober mind does not always equate with ‘alcohol’ or the lack there of, bur rather, having our minds clear from the smugness of thinking we are in right standing with God, or Victor, among other things. These things have a way of biting us on the back-side when we least expect it, as you can attest too. Lol. ‘The devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.’ Nothing sets the scent better than a proud mind/heart and before you know it, he’s on your trail.

On another note Beryl. Something you said in response to Victor’s rebuke,,,,, “I'm sad that you feel this way about me (which, deep down I have also felt and known how you feel, for years!).” Beryl, stop worrying about weather or not Victor likes you and stop trying to impress him. In your effort to agree and be seen on Victor's good side, if he has one, lol, you put your foot in your mouth. Victor is not here to be our friend. I understand, its a totally human need, but the whole point here is to kill the human so that the spirit can start to come alive. Of course we all want to be liked, but you and I and all who come here have a choice to make. The man of sin must die. This man of flesh, of neediness, of inert fear, of childish emotion and selfish attitude must be put to death. This won’t happen over night, but of course, with God anything/everything is possible. It can and often does take a life time. Being liked or not by Victor won’t save you Beryl. Only Christ can save you; and He will, in the end. Victor and Martin and the others are like sign posts, they point/show the way. We thank God for them, but while we admire them as men of God and strive or struggle to follow their directions, lets not forget to keep our eye on the Prize.

All in Love.
Brian.

Beryl Knipe

Post by Beryl Knipe »

Hi and thank you, Brian

True words were spoken, to me, here. Thank you and sorry, to all.
Beryl.

Alan Agnew

Post by Alan Agnew »

This topic brings up something that happened with me recently: Victor tagged many people in the Sutherland Springs FB video's comments, and I wasn't one of them. I felt sad for a bit, then thought it was lame and moved on. Thank God.

Now, regarding "brilliant" men and how it is that they don't know Jesus Christ, I had an encounter with a PhD in theology (Elusive_Wind on Reddit) around the time of Beryl's replies here. In an earlier message, I told him about the parable of Lazarus being false, and that he should forsake lawlessness and get on with being perfect through Jesus Christ's power. Despite my saying to him it doesn't matter how smart he is because it's vain without God, he doubled down to write this:
If you want to deny parts of the Bible as being true because they go against your favourite interpretation, then fine. But that's not a good way to do hermeneutics, or to honor God's word.

The Holy Spirit would never tell you that parts of God's word, which the Holy Spirit inspired (2 Tim. 3:16) is false. You're listening to doctrines of demons: "Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth."

I know I have the Holy Spirit in me, and I have peace with God and know I am saved. Your judgement means nothing, for you don't know me or my life. I've studied Christian theology at the Masters and PhD level, and have been a Christian since I was four. I do feel confident I understand this stuff, and have the grades to prove it. Most specifically, I used to be in fear that I wasn't doing enough good works, or could never be good enough to earn God's love, and the only thing that delivered me into a life of love, joy, and peace with God was finally learning the Gospel is not about following the law but about righteousness of Christ imputed to me through faith.

Yes, as we're saved, the Holy Spirit starts to work in us to help us abandon sins and love God and love others, but this is a result of salvation, not a requirement for it. OT laws no longer apply to Christians, although they can reveal God's character and desires to us in a general way.

One single person's theology can never be 100% correct. In this case, the website is FAR from correct. That's what leads to cults. Look at what the church has believed over the centuries, what leading commentators say, and read the Bible for yourself.
Photo of this PM.

Better to be dumb than spend all that money and time on what Paul the Apostle calls dung. Thank you, Jesus Christ, for the timing of this encounter and for a look into what PhD people think. Full context of the conversation may be posted if you all wish.

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Sorry I missed you in tagging, Alan. I ask people to tag anyone I miss; I don't always get them all. No intention to exclude you.

This PhD is manifestly merely nominal; he has no relationship with the Lord whatsoever and proves it with all the words and claims coming out of his mouth.

Alan Agnew

Post by Alan Agnew »

I clarify that I meant my feelings were lame, or vain. Hence, that's why I moved on. Apology accepted, though you were fine anyway, Victor.

As to the PhD, I was surprised when he justified himself by bringing it up, for I had thought a PhD would be smarter (and I did not know he was a "doctor" until he wrote that reply you all see). Apparently not. Now something occurs to me: He judged that I was in bondage to works and bizarre laws, yet he was the one relying on men's works to justify himself. Hypocrite.

Return to “New Postings on TPOT.com”