Are we all children of God?

If you want an answer from some men, the answer is “Yes.” If you want an answer from God, the answer is “No.”
Sofia

Are we all children of God?

Post by Sofia »

Brothers, God bless you like He has done so far.

I'm so amazed by your blog and it is really confronting. I'm going through a very hard time with my health and I have even thought my days are getting shorter. May God have mercy on me and heal me.

I'm so amazed when you say that God doesn't punish and that everybody will be saved, including unbelievers. But I would like to know, Jesus says the door is narrow and only those who do the Father's will can enter the Kingdom of the Lord, that only with holiness can we see God. I'm very confused. I've been asking God for a long time to give me His Holy Spirit, but I know He is merciful and gives it to whom He pleases.

But then, where am I left? If He is a just God and a good Father, would He leave me in this agony?

You say no father would like to burn even a match on his children's fingers. But now I ask, are we all children of God? Because sometimes, I don't feel like one. And Jesus says only He decides to whom He will reveal the truth. So those who are not children of God because they haven't accepted Jesus can remain in hell for ever, since they are not sons after all.

With all this, it is very painful to me if God won't have mercy on me just because He doesn't want to. What can I hope for, then?

I think some of your articles are contradictory because they say God is not evil, that His justice is good, but at the same time, they talk about dying in order to follow Jesus, about paying a price.

Excuse me, friends, I have another doubt. When you talk about worlds or ages, do you really believe we live in different dimensions? Where in the Bible does it talk about other worlds? Or other ages? That does sound weird to me; are you basing this on reincarnation? I think that's not from God.

Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk

Re: Are we all children of God?

Post by Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk »

Hello Sofia,

May the Lord give you His faith, which is the only thing that matters in the end. With His faith, you have life, freedom, and salvation; without it, you have nothing. Here's a reply to your letter, within your letter:
I'm so amazed by your blog and it is really confronting. I'm going through a very hard time with my health and I have even thought my days are getting shorter. May God have mercy on me and heal me.
God can surely heal you, but first things first; you would need to believe on Him to begin with, and not necessarily for healing, but for whatever He would require of you. It's never about what we want or think to need from Him; it's always about what He requires of us, by faith. If you are seeking, with the right motive, He says you will find. The Lord has a way to heal each one, and it is up to Him how it will happen and when, if at all. What sickness do you have? Could you tell us more?
I'm so amazed when you say that God doesn't punish and that everybody will be saved, including unbelievers. But I would like to know, Jesus says the door is narrow and only those who do the Father's will can enter the Kingdom of the Lord, that only with holiness can we see God. I'm very confused. I've been asking God for a long time to give me His Holy Spirit, but I know He is merciful and gives it to whom He pleases.

But then, where am I left? If He is a just God and a good Father, would He leave me in this agony?

You say no father would like to burn even a match on his children's fingers. But now I ask, are we all children of God? Because sometimes, I don't feel like one. And Jesus says only He decides to whom He will reveal the truth. So those who are not children of God because they haven't accepted Jesus can remain in hell for ever, since they are not sons after all.
Nowhere in The Path of Truth writings does it say God doesn't punish or that unbelievers will be saved in their unbelief. You could read The Wrath of God and see how the Lord deals, and has always dealt, with our sins and rebellions. What you have surely red is that God does not torment sinners eternally, which is a plain truth in the Bible; He's not sadistic, and you will find evidence in many of our articles, especially in the section of The Restitution of All Things.
And most certainly, the door is narrow and very few find it in this life, as determined by Him. The problem is you're thinking of salvation or condemnation only as a future event for mankind. It isn't so. Few are being saved now, by His grace -- those who truly repent and turn to the Lord with all their hearts, who pursue and find holiness in and by Him, who were lost in other time. All unbelievers are already condemned, lost in Hell and death, until the Lord decides it's time to save them, granting them repentance and cleansing of all sins, destroying Hell and death for them.
“He who believes on Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God” (John 3:18 MKJV),
“For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord; walk as children of light” (Ephesians 5:8 MKJV).
“And you, who were once alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled” (Colossians 1:21 MKJV).
"And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him." (Acts 5:32)
With all this, it is very painful for me (to think) God won't have mercy on me just because He doesn't want to. What can I hope for, then?

To have mercy on you or on anyone else is entirely up to the Lord. None of us deserves it, and He's still just whether He shows mercy or not.

“So then it is not of the one willing, nor of the one running, but of God, the One showing mercy…Therefore He has mercy on whom He will have mercy, and whom He will, He hardens” (Romans 9:16,18)

Yes, this may sound unjust, but He is 100% just, or He isn't God. He still says, “If My people, who are called by My Name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land” (2 Chronicles 7:14 MKJV).

And,

“…Seek Me, and you shall live” (Amos 5:4)

“Therefore repent and convert so that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord” (Acts 3:29 MKJV)

“Therefore girding up the loins of your mind, being sober, perfectly hope for the grace being brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ” (1 Peter 1:13 MKJV).

This may happen here and now, if you can believe Him.
I think some of your articles are contradictory because they say God is not evil, that His justice is good, but at the same time, they talk about dying in order to follow Jesus, about paying a price.

I see you don't really understand what is meant by dying. It is about dying to self, to our own desires and preferences, to our gods, to our sins. But even so, you don't do that in order to follow Jesus; you just can't do it on your own. You believe and obey Him, by His grace, and He leads you all the way, applying His cross to your life, and bringing His resurrection power to you as He sees fit, in form and time. He gives you grace to obey and do all that He requires. He paid the price for our sins; we pay the price to follow Him, forsaking this world and what's most precious to us.
I wouldn't mind dying physically, but let's be honest, in my human nature, I don't want to suffer. Finally, I am very, very confused, and I hope you can clarify my doubts. Thank you.

When the Lord comes to a person, fears of all kinds begin to disappear until total extinction, by His work of grace in your heart and mind.

“Truly, truly, I say to you, If a man keeps My Word, he shall never see death” (John 8:51). Again, this is not talking about physical death; it talks about the spiritual death, which is our main problem.

Believers no longer experience spiritual death, and physical death turns out to be a blessing. “For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain” (Philippians 1:21).

Second Note: 3:46 PM

Excuse me, friends, I have another doubt. When you talk about worlds or ages, do you really believe we live in different dimensions? Where in the Bible does it talk about other worlds? Or other ages? That does sound weird to me; are you basing this on reincarnation? I think that's not from God.

Reincarnation: belief that a soul is born multiple times into new bodies or life forms. The soul travels on an eternal path living in one body for a time, dying, and then entering a new body to live again, in order to serve out karma from previous lives and thus eventually reach a state of perfect enlightenment.

So, no, we don't believe in reincarnation according to such notion. The Bible does talk about other worlds or ages or times, though. Let's see:

“…who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time--houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and fields, along with persecutions--and in the age to come, eternal life” (Mark 20:30 EMTV)

“And whoever says a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the coming one” (Mathew 12:32 EMTV)

“That in the dispensation of the fullness of times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him…” (Ephesians 1:10 KJV)

“Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear” (Hebrews 11:13 KJV).

You can read, or reread, more about it in The Reconciliation of All Things, Salvation Is Possible Only in This Life, and God Is Trying to Save the Whole World Now

I hope these ideas will help you. Let us know more about your spiritual search and experience so far.

Victor and Paul

Sofia

Post by Sofia »

Thanks a lot, Edwin; what you (TPOT) are doing by sharing important revelations with others is very important.

My problem is I have hormonal imbalances, which cause me tachycardia, dizziness, panic attacks. And several times I've felt as if I were to pass out completely.

Spiritually, I feel a little confused now. I feel kind of empty and I know I am failing. It is hard for me to hear the Lord's voice and feel His presence. I am reading a book called, “Seated in Heavenly Places” by prophetess Ana Mendez; I don't know what you think about her, and I'd like to know.

It has been a blessing as she teaches that when we are born again we can move in the spiritual realm, where we can hear and see the Kingdom of God.

I think when a person is born again, resurrected and seated in the Kingdom, he/she must begin to perceive the presence of Jesus in their life, right? On one occasion, when I came back from a congress (a seminar), I felt it; I could feel his presence in my life, I could see him; it was so real. And I felt so healthy, both physically and spiritually. But all of a sudden, it was gone and now I feel like I don't know where I'm going, neither do I feel any radical change or supernatural presence. I feel like one who's trying to be spiritual, feeling in Peace, but I don't have that manifestation or the revelation of the love of God, and without it, I know there's no reason to live. I know it, because sometimes I think God doesn't love me or that He doesn't want me to live a life in Christ. What I feel is very strange.

I know, and many people say it during our lives, that the emptiness we feel cannot be filled with anything, not with addictions or with anything in this world; it's why we are exhorted to give our lives to God. But what happens once I have done that and I still feel the emptiness?

I feel like in a marriage that doesn't work and is being kept by force; I feel I am forcing a relationship with God, one He probably doesn't even want. (???) Weird, isn't it? I think I am the first person to give her heart to Jesus and she feels the heart shattered.

You may say, “Well, this one sure is a sinner and that's why the Lord cannot reveal Himself to her, but I am truly trying to live a life of holiness; I don't have any addictions, or fornication, or quarrels, or things like those. I try to live a life that will please him, but of course, I fail many times, but I soon run to get right with him; I'm quick to repent.

Ok, there's another doubt I have. You say hell will be destroyed? And that many people are already there even as they breathe? So what happens with those who die? Where do they go? Do they spend the eternity there? Because the word says that as long as they are not converted, they remain enemies of God and they are not his children. How could he have compassion on those souls that are there for “eternity”? (Those who already perished physically).

On the other hand, I wanted to make an observation: In your blog you talk about organic foods and all that. The way I see it, I believe you should be more flexible with that. I live in Venezuela and, believe me, whatever we find here is a blessing, whatever it is. Be it a piece of bread or a fruit (not organic, of course), be it a piece of chicken fed with modified products, whatever it is, we cannot say no to food, unless it's a matter of gluttony, which has happened to me before since I suffered anorexia, and the recuperation is a process.

However, when talking to God, I realized I didn't want to be one who said I wouldn't eat this or that. I think we have to give thanks in any house we enter, and value the food they offer to us, pray for the food served so it is sanctified, because if we are too extremist on these things it's like we're saying to God, “I believe in your healing power and that you look after me and I will live as long as you want me to, but I will take care of myself by eating 100% organic, just in case.” Jesus said what enters the mouth is not poison but what comes out of it. So I believe, with this situation we are living in Venezuela, we have learned we have to eat anything we can get, and if a piece of cheese is all there is in the fridge, well, what a Blessing!!!

OK, on closing now, I wanted to tell you I live with many fears, and it's why I say I don't have the revelation of God's love, as I know it's such love that cast out all fears, so I think His Spirit is not in me, but I do all I can everyday so he can anoint me and pour down his glory on me. With as little as I know how to love, I love Him. I know it because I hear many songs and they touch me. However, I don't know how to love him, and neither do I feel he loves me. I know I am used [by Him] because many times I speak and I don't even know how it is I know what I am saying and people are touched, and they always tell me, “Wow, the Lord is using you!!” But I don't feel him, and I cry out for his manifestation.

Lastly, I thank you again for replying to my questions and for revealing mysteries that remove our veils. God continue to bless you and cover you under his wings now and always.

Sofia

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

Hi Sofia, Paul Cohen here with brother Edwin translating.

You're focusing on the wrong thing - your feelings. You're seeking the Lord in the things you sense and perceive rather than seeking Him.

“Jesus said to him, Thomas, because you have seen Me you have believed. Blessed are they who have not seen and have believed” (John 20:29 MKJV).

We are called to exercise faith and not to go by sight, in other words, our senses and feelings. Going by feelings is the way of Satan, who savors the things of man (his feelings). The devil (and his subjects) despise the faith of Christ - you and your perceptions are sitting on the throne of God.

It isn't surprising you're in such a bad way when getting your teaching from a “Christian” witch, Ana Mendez. You say Ana is ministering to you and asked Edwin about her. He writes:
“I had the 'un-privilege' to translate for Ana and her husband once they came to preach in Honduras. She used to be a witch, and still is… You can take a look here: http://voiceofthelight.com/about-us/ana-ferrell/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
What is witchcraft according to God? He spoke through Samuel regarding King Saul's independent actions (Saul went by his feelings, too):

“And Samuel said, Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice! To listen is better than the fat of rams! For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idol-worship. Because you have rejected the Word of the LORD, He has also rejected you from being king!” (1 Samuel 15:22-23 MKJV)

You and your feelings must be dethroned. You need to come by faith to the One Whom we preach, believing the Word we speak and not what witches tell you to do (Mendez claims to be “ordained as a Prophet and Apostle” - where do you find the Lord ordaining women in those offices?). You need to repent of witchcraft, Sofia, and leave behind the works of the Devil. Thereafter you won't be striving “to hear the Lord's voice and feel and His presence.” That is satanic.

When you believe and walk by faith, the Lord Jesus Christ will guide you and you will know it without signs and wonders.

Isaiah 30:15-21 MKJV
(15) For so says the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel, In returning and rest you shall be saved; and in quietness and hope shall be your strength. And you were not willing.
(16) But you said, No; for we will flee on a horse. Therefore you shall flee. And you said, We will ride on the swift; therefore those who pursue you shall be swift.
(17) One thousand shall flee at the rebuke of one; at the rebuke of five you shall flee, until you are left as a pole on the top of a mountain, and as a sign on a hill.
(18) And so the LORD waits to be gracious to you. And therefore He is exalted, that He may have mercy on you. For the LORD is a God of judgment; blessed are all those who wait for Him.
(19) For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem; you shall weep no more; He will be very gracious to you at the voice of your cry. When He hears it, He will answer you.
(20) And the LORD gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction; yet your teachers shall not be removed into a corner any more, but your eyes shall see your teachers.
(21) And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, This is the way, walk in it, when you turn to the right hand and when you turn to the left.

Turning to the Lord Whom we preach, keeping His commandments by faith, He will also take care of your physical problems.

“If you will diligently listen to the voice of the LORD your God, and do that which is right in His eyes, and give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you that I put on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, your Healer” (Exodus 15:26 ESV).

Regarding eating organically, you've misunderstood what we're teaching. The reason to support organic agriculture is because chemical and industrial farming is destroying the earth and people's lives. It's wrong, simply put. We're not advocating eating organically as an insurance policy in case God fails (which is impossible), but as the right thing to do because you believe Him. If you're in prison or put in circumstances where you have no power to choose what you eat, however, then you eat what God has provided. All must be by faith or its sin.

As for those who are turned to the Lord after this life, you say:
“Because the word says that as long as they are not converted, they remain enemies of God and they are not his children.”
That's right; so what makes you think people can't be turned to God after they die? Why do you limit His power and sovereignty over all worlds and realms, denying His will that all come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9)? Are you not aware of God's Word?

“For Christ also once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, indeed being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the Spirit; in which also He went and preached to the spirits in prison, to disobeying ones, when once the long-suffering of God waited in the days of Noah…” (1 Peter 3:18-20 MKJV).

Can you begin to see how foolish and dangerous it is to follow your own feelings and thoughts?

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor your ways My ways, says the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:8-9 MKJV).

Paul

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Sofia, you've been bewitched and manipulated in soul and spirit, conditioned to seek after feelings and experiencing them, then being dropped like a hot potato. That is the effect of bewitchment, which is the consequence of those seeking to feel good and be important and be “used of God.”

Victor

Sofia

Post by Sofia »

I do not really understand what you are saying. How it is that I've been bewitched? I am praying to the Lord day and night crying for my life not for anything else. Because I feel very afraid, and I'm looking for him and always begging him. I apologize every day and my confidence is placed solely on him. I do not know how to be free .. I do not follow Ana Mendez or other preachers I follow God, but sometimes I listen to preachings and read books because they help me grow in Faith. Some say one thing and others say another, I want the Holy Spirit to guide me. Because if he is our guide and if we can feel his presence and be used by Him. What's wrong with that brothers? I do not understand I have only 22 years of age and ask God for his mercy. I do not understand what you mean by bewitchment but I'm willing to read your opinion and meditate on it. Because it really is very confusing that some say one thing and some another, and I just want the Lord in my life. Because he is at the door and if we open it he sits with us no ?. What is wrong then if I get Thrilled or enthusiastic about this visit?. Thanks for your help .. I just want to experience his healing, his salvation. And I know I should trust in Him and wait .. But I can not explain how upset I feel sometimes

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

Sofia, the questions you pose are plainly answered in the letters we sent you, even in the summary Victor sent you. Here it is again, with emphasis added on the answers:

Sofia, you've been bewitched and manipulated in soul and spirit, conditioned to seek after feelings and experiencing them, then being dropped like a hot potato. That is the effect of bewitchment, which is the consequence of those seeking to feel good and be important and be “used of God.”

We have told you Ana Menendez is a witch, so whatever you've received from her isn't “growing in faith,” but is encouragement in carnal feelings that aren't of faith, causing confusion and perpetuating lostness.

Clearly, if you're looking for the Lord every day and begging Him always, you've not found Him or had the peace and assurance of His forgiveness and position as Faithful Shepherd over your life. Therefore, whatever you have found thrilling has proven illusory and unreal. We and our writings are steering you to the Real Lord and His ways by which you can come to know Him and have assurance of His faithfulness.

Consider, Sofia: Do you need to seek for your earthly father every day, or seek assurance that he is for you (assuming you have a father who has any natural care for his children)? How much more will you rest in your Heavenly Father, once you've turned to Him and away from your sins, beginning to walk with Him in His faith that doesn't fail, because you won't be doing your own thing or seeking for your own pleasure but God's. What a glorious place to be!

Keep reading our writings and communicate with us. You're welcome to join our Sabbath chats online (every Saturday at noon MST), for which we've been providing translation into Spanish. Let us know if you're interested and we will get you the information you need to attend.

How is your English, by the way?

Paul

Sofia

Post by Sofia »

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, I would be willing to participate in your chat, but I do not want to be confused. There are many different doctrines and I just want to know the truth. I feel like a baby falling all the time, but I guess stumbling is necessary. I feel very afraid at this moment, I have not felt good in my health and I can only think about how anything can happen to me, I am in uncertainty. I should rely more on the Lord and that he takes care of my life, it's just I constantly get these thoughts that something will happen and I feel panic. I want to learn to relax and trust. There is a possibility that I'm going through the "furnace of fire" and Is there a recommendation that exists to endure?. I feel overwhelmed, anxious, beyond any miracle that you can ask the Lord in this moment especially in my physical health, I just want to be strong and believe that there is hope. But I do not know if that's right or wrong .. Because it has been so hard I had to suffer a lot, I've cried for many nights pleading for mercy, I do not want to cause pain or anything like that, but I'm too young I don't want to live constantly thinking my life is already over ..

I understand English very well, but it costs me a lot to write ..

Paul Cohen

Post by Paul Cohen »

“But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him” (Hebrews 11:6 MKJV).
“I just want to be strong and believe that there is hope. But I do not know if that's right or wrong ..”
Absolutely there is hope, Sofia. Jesus Christ, your Lord and Savior, never fails - if you turn to Him and keep His commandments.

John 6:37-40 MKJV
(37) All that the Father gives Me shall come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will in no way cast out.
(38) For I came down from Heaven, not to do My own will but the will of Him who sent Me.
(39) And this is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all which He has given Me I should lose nothing but should raise it up again at the last day.
(40) And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes on Him should have everlasting life. And I will raise him up at the last day.

“He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him” (John 14:21 MKJV).

Can Jesus Christ be trusted or not? If you put your trust in Him, you will not be disappointed. But if you don't put your trust in Him, how can you not suffer without hope? In faith, we patiently endure and prevail.

“But he who endures to the end shall be saved” (Matthew 24:13 EMTV).

Anything less than full commitment won't work, Sofia. Are you in this for the long haul, for the sake of the Lord Jesus Christ, or are you only looking to save your life in this world?

“Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it abides alone; but if it dies, it brings forth much fruit. He who loves his life shall lose it. And he who hates his life in this world shall keep it to life eternal” (John 12:24-25 MKJV).

“Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it” (Matthew 10:39 ESV).

Confusion disappears when the Truth appears and the eye is single.

You're welcome to come to our meetings. Register on the Forum and we will send you the links with instructions. You need to hear from the Lord and He often speaks through others who believe.

Paul

Return to “Are All Persons Children of God?”