You are forming a cult away from the body.

Many have condemned me, and those who are in agreement with me in doctrine and practice, as a cult. Some have even called for blood. Many professing believers who think to have the Christ Spirit look at us with disdain, whispering and speaking all kinds of evil against us. They treat us as though we were earth’s (and Heaven’s) worst nightmare.
Tom

You are forming a cult away from the body.

Post by Tom »

Gentlemen:

You left off one significant mark of a cult. They need LONG and Contradictory statements, as your's are, to prove their position.

What is a cult? First of all, who cares! As Jesus so well put it to His disciples, don't worry about those that are not in His formal (official) group. So don't worry about those terrible Seventh-Day Adventist, Baptist, Roman Catholics, Mormons, or Jehovah's Witnesses. If only they would think like you, then they would have The Truth? God help us all. I want to be like Jesus. You are forming a REAL cult by excluding yourself from the body. I pray for you two.

Judge not, that ye be not judged...

In His Service,

Tom

Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk

Re: You are forming a cult away from the body.

Post by Paul Cohen and Victor Hafichuk »

Tom, we're not at all worried about the cults you mention. We expose them and teach those with ears to hear to come out from among them and avoid the error of the wicked.

The god you serve with your “non-judgmental judgmentalism” is Satan. You're a liar and bluffer like your father the Devil. Our statements aren't contradictory. If they were, you'd have and offer proof. The only things contradicted by our statements are your false doctrines and sinful ways that destroy you.

Paul and Victor
www.ThePathofTruth.com

Dan Long

Post by Dan Long »

Well, one thing I've noted is the plethora of various translations you use to say exactly what you want, and almost always out of context. You're very much like John Piper who searched far and wide for the just right translation/interpretation for his promotion of replacement theology. he actually found the ONLY translation that works, which happens to be your ESVUK (Anglicized) for Romans 11:28

28 As regards the gospel, they are enemies of God for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers.

Now, since the Jews are the enemies of God they can no longer be the people of promise, can they........According to John Piper.......he conveniently skips the second part of the verse.....
Pastor Dan Long
Love beyond reason -------אוהב מעבר לכל היגיון------bringing the remnant home-

Dan Lysthauge

Post by Dan Lysthauge »

Dan Long,

Is this your website, godsfingers.wordpress.com?

This is a quote from the site, "Well, first off, the early Christians, Messianic Jews, may not have even celebrated Jesus birth at all, as contemporary Jews didn’t celebrate birthdays.

"Rom 2:29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is of the heart; in spirit and not in letter; whose praise is not from men, but from God."

Those who've been circumcised of the heart, know, Easter, birthdays, Christmas and all the other man made rituals have nothing to do with The Lord.

So, there is no reason to entertain or justify them.

Dan, you are what you are, blind leading the blind.

Dan Lysthauge
Dan Lysthauge

Tom Babcock

Post by Tom Babcock »

Dan:
I have read your posts and find that I was also one who could see the errors of others, rejecting what I saw as false, believing that I had more discernment than most were given. I had studied, researched and read the Bible at least 10 times to search for understanding. A member of my Bible Study class told me that I have greater insights than other teachers he had heard. But these insights were false being out of my own understanding as I later learned, but it added to my pride, a great barrier to receiving God's grace. Later thinking I had found the truth I followed a false teacher for a long time hoping to be getting somewhere when my wife asked me about it. Then she looked him up, and found a critique in The Path of Truth and gave me a copy of it. I accepted it and the Spirit led me immediately to drop the false and embrace the word in TPOT, repenting from my costly foolishness.
You have also come here but need to drop any defensiveness or your false stance will be reinforced as others here have said. My pride was broken and I am ashamed at the time spent in wrong places; now rejoicing to be led into this path even late in life, Praise God

Dan Long

Post by Dan Long »

Hi Tom,

A common thread here is one, like you who once was wise then came here, found the error of his ways and embraced the truth. The truth according to two guys who came out of the woodwork, who's adherents give all the signs of a dangerous cult following. The vitriol I've experienced at their hands is, as I've pointed out elsewhere, the same process as Calvinists that I've dealt with in other forums.
Tom Babcock wrote:You have also come here but need to drop any defensiveness or your false stance will be reinforced as others here have said. My pride was broken and I am ashamed at the time spent in wrong places; now rejoicing to be led into this path even late in life, Praise God
Funny, if those on here would drop their defensiveness and quit reinforcing their false stance they might actually see the truth. There is no truth in out of text snippets and circular speech.....you say you were following a false teacher and then came here.....only to follow false teachers
Pastor Dan Long

Michael Demerling

Post by Michael Demerling »

Hi Dan [Long],

1. You never answered (our) Dan about the website (godsfingers.wordpress.com). That's a nice photo on the web site. Did you take that photo and from where?

2. Can you share how God spoke to you in the following and how you confirmed it was from God? "unfortunately, by way of your religion here, you won't accept that I'm an ordained pastor, and not from some mainline church and that God spoke directly to me calling me out as a Watchman."

3. Which of the ten commandments are the Gentiles not required to keep?

Sincerely,
Michael

Tom Babcock

Post by Tom Babcock »

Hi Dan:
I simply gave a brief testimony on my encounter with TPOT earlier this year. It was the timing of God. What is your testimony?
I heard the truth and became released from the bondage of error and self deception; now learning that accepting the Lord's truth directly or through those who walk in it brings liberty.
You are 'of the woodwork', the orthodox church which replaced the true church by the Roman one a long time ago, from which all today's 30,000 churches have their origin.

Dan Long

Post by Dan Long »

Tom Babcock wrote:You are 'of the woodwork', the orthodox church which replaced the true church by the Roman one a long time ago, from which all today's 30,000 churches have their origin.
Whoa, where did you get that???? That is a grand one. I follow the Bible, not something made up by the Romans. If they could, they would kill me today, and, as my ministry gets more severe, that day may come.
Tom Babcock wrote:I heard the truth and became released from the bondage of error and self deception; now learning that accepting the Lord's truth directly or through those who walk in it brings liberty.
So why do you put back on a yolk of slavery? As shown in Acts 15

6 The apostles and elders met to consider this question. 7 After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: “Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. 8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9 He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? 11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

Willfully ignoring the teachings of the first century church and excusing things away is wrong, it is you who are the by product of the Romans......
Pastor Dan Long

Dan Long

Post by Dan Long »

Hi Michael,

I did reply to Dan and frankly shamed him for cutting a snippet and trying to project that I was defending the Roman christ mass. In actuality the article was debunking the holiday, and explaining that the early Messianic Jews, if they would have celebrated anything at all in the Christ's honor would have been Chanukkah , the festival of lights because the light of the world came and dwelt among us.
Michael Demerling wrote:2. Can you share how God spoke to you in the following and how you confirmed it was from God? "unfortunately, by way of your religion here, you won't accept that I'm an ordained pastor, and not from some mainline church and that God spoke directly to me calling me out as a Watchman."
When I was studying Ezekiel 33 the Lord spoke to me in a clear voice calling me out for the church. I started writing, then, in 2011. I was called out (I had no desire to be a pastor) to be a pastor by the leadership of Impact Ministries International. To be honest I detect a general contempt here for anyone not "under" "the truth" fomented by the two teachers.

7 “Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the people of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. 8 When I say to the wicked, ‘You wicked person, you will surely die,’ and you do not speak out to dissuade them from their ways, that wicked person will die for[a] their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood. 9 But if you do warn the wicked person to turn from their ways and they do not do so, they will die for their sin, though you yourself will be saved.
Michael Demerling wrote:3. Which of the ten commandments are the Gentiles not required to keep?
I don't believe I used the terms don't keep, I stated that gentiles have no right to I also stated that the catholics have no right to their nine commandments. That was an intentional slight. If you look at the catholic "ten" they expand do not covet into two commands and eliminate the no graven images command.

The only "command" given to gentiles is this in Acts 15

19 “It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. 20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.

but then go through Paul's epistles and you find we have a higher calling than the ten commandments......hope that helps....
Pastor Dan Long

Dan Lysthauge

Post by Dan Lysthauge »

Michael,

Have you red anything at godfingers.wordpress.com?

If not, read this, https://godsfingers.wordpress.com/2014/ ... #more-1853" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Dan
Dan Lysthauge

Tom Babcock

Post by Tom Babcock »

Hi Dan Long:

You responded:
Whoa, where did you get that???? That is a grand one. I follow the Bible, not something made up by the Romans. If they could, they would kill me today, and, as my ministry gets more severe, that day may come.
But your response to Michael Sept 28 indicates that you do know something on this subject:
To answer your question, yes, many many false teachings. Go back to the Nicaean conference and the schyzm (I may be wrong on the timing) Mary the perpetual virgin, Mary the queen of heaven, archangels as saints, and that's one religion. Bring on replacement theology (which was responsible for fueling the holocaust), predestination, not eating meat, the circumcision crowd, fast forward to now, red letter theology, seeker sensitive, female bishops, homosexuals, transexuals and even fake hermaphrodites (ooops can't mention that, the boys here declared Glynda as false), mega churches becoming "less resistable" (according to Andy Stanley) and you have modern "christianity" (of which I refuse to be a part of). The list is much, much longer but I grow weary even thinking about it.
Your avoidance of these things is commendable [except for the denial of predestination unless it is of eternal hellfire (Acts 2:22-24)] and so is the noble cause of providing rescue for Jewish people, thebtim.org. But the Pharisees proudly displayed their good works before men and were scrupulous in their avoidance of any outward sin. But Jesus looks on the heart and told them what they were like inside:
Mat 23:23-28 MKJV
(23)  Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithes of mint and dill and cummin, and you have left undone the weightier matters of the Law, judgment, mercy, and faith. You ought to have done these and not to leave the other undone.
(24)  Blind guides who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
(25)  Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of extortion and excess.
(26)  Blind Pharisee! First cleanse the inside of the cup and of the dish, so that the outside of them may be clean also.
(27)  Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which indeed appear beautiful outside, but inside they are full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
(28)  Even so you also appear righteous to men outwardly, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

Dan, yours is a case of feeding on husks, and not on the seed. I know this because I have been there for a long time . . .

Beryl Knipe

Post by Beryl Knipe »

Dan,

You quote: "...Funny, if those on here would drop their defensiveness and quit reinforcing their false stance they might actually see the truth. There is no truth in out of text snippets and circular speech.....you say you were following a false teacher and then came here.....only to follow false teachers."

Again, Dan, you're not reading anything on the Website, are you? Maybe it's time, now, for you to "drop your defensiveness?"

Beryl.

Beryl Knipe

Post by Beryl Knipe »

Hi Michael,

It does seem as though the BTIM Dan speaks of is...
https://godsfingers.wordpress.com/2017/ ... inistries/
Bridge to Israel Ministries.

Beryl.

Beryl Knipe

Post by Beryl Knipe »

Dan,

You're quick to jump on someone's language when, actually, yours is worse as you "hide" behind the asterisks ******

"Well someone got that one wrong anyway because it leaves a 5 day error from a 40 week gestation period. And much of this association is wave of hand dogma. If you want more of an education on these dogmas then take into account the “Assumption” and you will be thoroughly convinced that to assume makes an A** of U and Me (pardon the french)."

Beryl Knipe

Post by Beryl Knipe »

Hi again, Dan

Your words: "... as my ministry gets more severe..."

That's the difference! It's "your" ministry, Dan, which is far removed from God's ministry, as the Lord Jesus Christ has enlightened His followers through The Path of Truth.

Beryl.

Steve Beiler

Post by Steve Beiler »

Amen & Amen , Beryl!!

Dan Long

Post by Dan Long »

Beryl Knipe wrote:Hi again, Dan

Your words: "... as my ministry gets more severe..."

That's the difference! It's "your" ministry, Dan, which is far removed from God's ministry, as the Lord Jesus Christ has enlightened His followers through The Path of Truth.
ummm, my ministry as written for IRS satisfaction, God's ministry of returning the remnant by way of application. In this, I can do nothing without God doing His work of calling the remnant home.

As far as this, so called, ministry, I've read Victor's "testimony" , that of which God somehow called him away from virtually everything to teach him the "truth", just Victor and God, and he came out with this. Pray tell, show me in scripture where God segregated a one-on-one learning session to form a "ministry" (that doesn't turn out like Jim Jones). Paul (Saul) studied for years under the Apostles before going out. Even Apollos, the majorly charismatic speaker repeated what he learned from the Apostles.

Now I see in Paul's updated testimony Victor's charge of sedition and what he's done about it.

Given these things concerning Paul, I declare that Paul is stripped of any authority and identification with me and the Lord at this point. However, I have still to decide what the Lord would have me to do concerning his involvement with ThePathofTruth. The Lord will show the way and do as it pleases Him. Until then, I would say that Paul’s best option at this point is to humbly and steadfastly obey in all that’s required of him by us from here on.

He has not followed my wishes or orders.

"And the Lord" ???? How very catholic of him, straight from the pope victor.....

I rather suspect this "sedition" is Paul waking up to the Gospel of Christ but caught in the crossfire of two man made disciplines, which is never healthy and can only go badly. Again, Paul(Saul) is explicit about not reverting back to the already fulfilled Law.

Take Colossians 2:

2 My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 4 I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments. 5 For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how disciplined you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.
Spiritual Fullness in Christ

6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces[a] of this world rather than on Christ.

9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10 and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. 11 In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh was put off when you were circumcised by[c] Christ, 12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.

13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you[d] alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.[e]
Freedom From Human Rules

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. 19 They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

20 Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

The underlined describes Victor going off and creating his own religion, or church if you will. Paul clearly decries your religion here in verses 20-23 and the epistles are replete with condemnation of returning to the rules of the law.

I'n quite sure you can hound MY website and find something to twist, whether it be the unfinished works or articles not meant to be a doctrinal statement. Your continued intent of trying to win an argument by debasing me while not being able to provide valid context for your beliefs exposes your acute errors.

Victor claims in his testimony that God told him to leave any and all churches, where God would then teach him His ways. That raises the question, "why would God tell Victor to do something contrary the scripture that you all claim God personally wrote?".

As it is written in Hebrews:

24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

I repeat, you are following a man who created his own religion and, like Jim Jones, puts you in great danger for this day and eternity.
Pastor Dan Long

Beryl Knipe

Post by Beryl Knipe »

Hi Dan,

It seems as though you are a speed reader.

Rant as much as you like - by comparing Victor Hafichuk with Jim Jones, shows, exactly and precisely how absolutely misinformed you are with all your puffed-up pride and "knowledge." So be it, Dan.

Proverbs 20:15 (Amp) "There is gold and an abundance of pearls, but the lips of knowledge are a vessel of preciousness [the most precious of all].

1 Cor 9:18-19 "What then is my [your] reward, Don? That in my [your] preaching I may present the gospel FREE OF CHARGE so as not to make full use of my [your] right in the gospel. For though I am free for all I have made myself a servant to all that I might win more of them."

Please don't worry to send me the scriptures where one should be paid. I've seen them all. It seems you fall into the incorrect category, Dan, with your DONATE icon. Thousands of supposed "Christian" Websites (yes, thousands) ask for donations and yet you claim to follow the "narrow path?" You sound vindictive and "uuuummm" you still don't grasp that we follow our Lord, Saviour and Almighty God. I've red and watched Jim Jones and you dare to equate Victor with Jim Jones who forced "his followers" to submit to him and drink poison!? Your comparison is rubbish; just that... rubbish!

"...Over 900 members of the Peoples Temple, who were followers of Jim Jones, died, many of whom committed suicide by drinking a mixture of a powdered soft-drink flavouring agent laced with cyanide and prescription drugs Valium, Phenergan and other drugs and injections..."

Really Don? You're far, far off the track, here.
Beryl.

Lori Reneri

Post by Lori Reneri »

Amen beryl. Well said!

Brandon LaBerteaux

Post by Brandon LaBerteaux »

I do have just one more thing:
Pray tell, show me in scripture where God segregated a one-on-one learning session to form a "ministry"
I'm not going to bother posting all the Scriptures, because I would be posting a sizeable chunk of the Bible, but if you have indeed read the Bible, re-familiarize yourself with:

Abraham, Joseph, Moses, David, Elijah, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Jonah, and of course, The Lord Jesus Christ.

Not sure what your definition of "ministry" is, but if you mean "those who by the command of God proclaim and promote the Lord and His ways" (quoting Strong's here) then all of them at one time or another were called out of the comfort of their worlds, alone, and had to learn obedience to the Lord's calling through faith.

Return to “Are We a Cult?”