Why should I change knowing the Good News

What we have been hearing, referred to as “the good news” or the gospel, must be seen for what it is… bad news indeed! In its place must be declared the truly good news.
Shannon Powell

Why should I change knowing the Good News

Post by Shannon Powell »

If all of mankind shall be redeemed then what's the point in anyone coming to God now? For example, take me, a lost soul searching for truth... scared of things to come, afraid the trials of the tribulation will bring out the worst in my character, the starvation and low blood sugar igniting the cranky bitter and angry, short tempered PMSing bitch that I can be on my worst days...snapping at my partner and children, hurting and in pain. From reading the bible, knowing that it's those who endure to the end by keeping his commandments and remaining in love for God and our neighbor, it's those who will be saved. Only on my best days am I able to love God and my neighbor. On tough days and especially on the PMS days, I turn ugly. I hate my partner, I hate my dwelling, I am depressed in fhis painful sleepy body and fearful that if a hostile situation arose as will in the end timez, that not only will I be overwhelmed with fear and hopelessness, anger at how God could allow su h tbings to happen, I will also feel desperate and enraged that I am too weak to flee or protect my children. I fool myself half the time thinking I'm on the right path, that I'm a good person and have love in my heart but the other half of the time I can see through the bullshit and I know that I am a lost selfish, and spoiled weak jezebel type of woman. Destined for eternal torment. Is there any good in me? Of course, I don't steal, I don't lie, I take care of my kids, I love them but fail to properly discipline. I care about the homeless, I help when I can. I do good when I have the energy to. But most days I'd rather be left alone, I'm not a fan of small talk, I can't stand to see my partners pride, his arrogance repulses me. Anyways, I'm rambling... I just don't get it, what's the point in all this? And if we will ALL be redeemed in the end, why should I continue to seek out pleasing God, especially when it's soooo difficult! I'm in a sexual relationship but not married, so sinning there. I am slothful, but I'm just so tired, but I sin because I am lazy not addressing discipline when I should be, not being as good a parent as I should, do I just accept it and not worry that I'm not following the commandments because it's too hard to live that way? Seems like I shouldn't worry about it since hell's not eternal anyways. Maybe if things get real tough in the end times, instead of being dragged to a fema concentration camp, we could all just pile in the car and die of carbon monoxide poisoning in the garage. Better than being separated from my children in fema camps. Why is fhis world so screwed up?

Brandon LaBerteaux

Re: Why should I change knowing the Good News

Post by Brandon LaBerteaux »

Hi Shannon,

While others may answer and have significant things to add, there are a few things that I have to say regarding your post here.

First, have you read "The Most Foolish of Questions"?

It contains some wisdom pertaining to your concerns stated here.

Just because everyone will be redeemed, doesn't mean that we should eschew the grace the Lord has granted us. In fact, if you come to believe that all will be redeemed, then you are more accountable to the Truth you have been given, because it is the Lord who has given you to receive this truth if you do in fact believe it.

I have much to learn in the Way of God, but from where I am at, I can say that it is far better to come to know the Lord and reach salvation in this life than the next. The firstfruits are the ones who shall be exalted in the next life, and those who refuse shall be the ones who are abased.

Obviously, our hearts need to be set on glorifying the Lord and not ourselves, but which would you rather be? A ruler in this life and a peasant in the next, or a peasant in this life and a ruler in the next?

The Lord tells us this world is fleeting, less significant, and it's wealth worthless, while He assures us the next is permanent, eternal, and abounding.

To exchange our worldly wealth and desires for those in the Kingdom of God is an act of faith, and requires the Lord's redemption and grace to happen.

So while you are correct, that all will be reconciled, it is not an excuse for us to sin, unless our hearts aren't really set on the Lord but on the things of this life, the things of the flesh, which is idolatry.

Reconciliation of all things should be a doctrine of hope, a promise worth rejoicing, yet so many of nominal Christendom and of the flesh despise the idea.

This is because they think themselves to be worthy and of an elite group, attaining to what 99.99999% of the rest of the world cannot: salvation without a Savior.

You say:
just don't get it, what's the point in all this? And if we will ALL be redeemed in the end, why should I continue to seek out pleasing God, especially when it's soooo difficult!
Because that is the whole point of the life you have been given. That is why God created you and gave you the miracle of life, for His glory and not your own. Your life is not your own, and you owe it to Him to live it for Him and not yourself.

As you can see by the sin you have begun to recognize in your own life, when you live your life according to your pleasures and your desires, chasing after the lusts of this world, nothing good comes of it.

The fruits are sin, death, destruction. Your problems in this life are because of your disobedience to the Lord, and they will continue until you do repent. I don't say this to be harsh, condemning, or mean, I'm merely stating the Reality as you have described it.

The hope for you, and for all, is you will rise out of this suffering by turning to the Lord, seeking Him in all things, and obeying and remaining faithful in what He has given you to do. I know that He has done these things in my life, even though I was and am utterly unworthy.

The consequences of not getting it right in this life are exacerbated in the next. You think life is tough now? Just wait until you've entered the spiritual realm, having heard the Good News and still disobeyed. The fires burn hotter, the lashings and correction more severe.

You speak of disciplining your children. Have you ever grounded/disciplined your child and still they disobeyed you? Did you not then have to "up the ante" and enforce a stricter punishment so the lesson would be learned?

Perhaps not, but it serves as a good analogy for what the Lord will do with His children, should they disobey even still after receiving instruction and correction. Think on it.

Lori Reneri

Post by Lori Reneri »

Thank you Brandon for your words. It is so wonderful to see how the Lord is working in you and taken you from where you were to where you are right now. So inspiring and hopeful to be a part of witnessing the Lords work in all of us. I've been struggling myself with the fires of the this world but am thankful to have TPOT to share these things with. My struggles with sweets lately have taken me over to have had to go back on insulin which I was off of the past couple of years. I'm praying for God to help me find where I'm going wrong and why this is happening to me this way right now. I believe it's me trying to do it all on my own and being prideful. Listening to all of this has helped me to know God is with us in and through our struggles if we look to him in all things! For the Glory and Praise be to you almighty Father, Forever!

Shannon Powell

Post by Shannon Powell »

Thank you for the response, it makes sense. I guess I still just don't understand the warning in Hebrews 6:4-6. Impossible means impossible, if I am to trust the Bible is the word of God, then because I committed apostasy it must be impossible to renew me to repentance. I'm a lost cause.

And of the next life you speak of, this is the purification in the fires of hell correct? Then perhaps those whom it is impossible to renew to repentance, they skip hell and go straight to the lake of fire with the demons correct? What are the scripture references which support this purification process to bring bring those who did not repent on earth to repent in the next life?

Shannon Powell

Post by Shannon Powell »

I'd just like to add that hardship hardens the heart, so someone who couldn't come to repentance while alive here in this life is not going to come to repentance in the next if it's going to be even harder to do. The suffering causes one to hate God not love him. Just like the spankings as a kid can make you hate your parents.

Simon Hall

Post by Simon Hall »

Hi Shannon

You said you are a lost soul searching for truth. Yes you’re right about being a lost soul. The things you write provide more than enough evidence of that.
And if you are searching for truth, as you also state, then that is a gift of God, and not just something you’ve conjured up of your own volition.

"As it is said in the holy Writings, There is not one who does righteousness; Not one who has the knowledge of what is right, not one who is a searcher after God; They have all gone out of the way, there is no profit in any of them; there is not one who does good, not so much as one: Their throat is like an open place of death; with their tongues they have said what is not true: the poison of snakes is under their lips: Whose mouth is full of curses and bitter words: Their feet are quick in running after blood; Destruction and trouble are in their ways; And of the way of peace they have no knowledge: There is no fear of God before their eyes" (Romans 3:10-18 BBE).

"No one can come to Me, unless the Father who sent Me makes them want to come. But if they do come, I will raise them to life on the last day" (John 6:44 CEV).

Shannon, The Path of Truth teachings are a wealth of information based on the Word of God and written in His Spirit. If the Lord is giving you to see, then you will find answers to most, if not all of your questions, in the writings here. You need to avail yourself of them.

Here are a few to get you started.

How One is Saved - http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings ... -saved.htm

The Purpose of Evil - http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings ... f-evil.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Repentance - http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings/repentance.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Restitution of All Things - http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings ... /index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Victims and Perpetrators - http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings ... rators.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Wrath of God - http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings ... of-god.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shannon Powell

Post by Shannon Powell »

I will read them all. And I did read about all will come to repentance and yet I still don't see evidence of this in scripture as Jesus says in Matthew 12:32 that whosoever speaks against the holy spirit shall not be forgiven, not in this world OR in the world to come. I believe that speaking against the holy spirit means to wilfully go against that which she is telling you, you hear her loud and clear... don't cheat... but you say i don't care what you are telling me I WANT TO CHEAT, and you do it. You willfully violate your conscience. So there is no sacrifice of that sin for you because you already had been cleaned of sins from the knowledge of the cross, he's not going to come and do it AGAIN for us. Once was enough.

Andrew Battaglia

Post by Andrew Battaglia »

Hi Shannon,

You say:
Shannon Powell wrote:I believe that speaking against the holy spirit means to wilfully go against that which she is telling you, you hear her loud and clear... don't cheat... but you say i don't care what you are telling me I WANT TO CHEAT, and you do it..
Are you referring to the Holy Spirit as she? I find it quite ironic that right after saying you don't see evidence in the scriptures for the restitution of all things, you go on to say this. So I ask you, if this is what you are saying, where do you find evidence in scriptures of the Holy Spirit, which is none other than the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, being a female?

I understand that Simon has just given you some reading to do and that may take some time but once you get through them, I believe it would be beneficial to read the section entitled, "Jesus Christ is God."

http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings ... /index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sarah Stuckey

Post by Sarah Stuckey »

Hi Shannon,

Here are the scripture verses that say all will come to repentance:

"22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ" (1 Corinthians 15:22-23 ESV).

Sarah

Victor Hafichuk

Post by Victor Hafichuk »

Shannon Powell wrote:I'd just like to add that hardship hardens the heart, so someone who couldn't come to repentance while alive here in this life is not going to come to repentance in the next if it's going to be even harder to do. The suffering causes one to hate God not love him. Just like the spankings as a kid can make you hate your parents.
Shannon, where are you coming up with this nonsense? Certainly not from the Holy Scriptures. The Bible is a record of suffering to bring people to the Lord; there's no evidence otherwise.

Abraham suffered hardship, as did Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph; Israel was subjected to the iron furnace of Egypt. Moses suffered as did all the saints. Jesus Christ suffered and Paul the apostle declared that he was appointed as an apostle to suffer for the Lord. Without chastening, you have no hope.

"And preaching the Gospel to that city, and having made many disciples, they returned to Lystra and Iconium and Antioch, confirming the souls of the disciples, calling on them to continue in the faith and that through much tribulation we must enter into the Kingdom of God" (Acts 14:21-22 MKJV).

I suffered while becoming a Christian and continued to do so throughout my Christian walk. "If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross...." If that doesn't cause suffering, what does? The cross is as much a suffering as anything in existence. It costs one their life. It will be no different for you or anyone else.

That goes for children, too, young and old, physical and spiritual:

He who spares his rod hates his son, but he who loves him chastens him early.
(Proverbs 13:24 MKJV)

Hebrews 12:1-11 MKJV
(1) Therefore since we also are surrounded with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily besets us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
(2) looking to Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and sat down at the right of the throne of God.
(3) For consider Him who endured such contradiction of sinners against Himself, lest you be weary and faint in your minds.
(4) You have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
(5) And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons, "My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when you are rebuked by Him;
(6) for whom the Lord loves He chastens, and He scourges every son whom He receives."
(7) If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons, for what son is he whom the father does not chasten?
(8) But if you are without chastisement, of which all are partakers, then you are bastards and not sons.
(9) Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh who corrected us, and we gave them reverence. Shall we not much rather be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live?
(10) For truly they chastened us for a few days according to their own pleasure, but He for our profit, that we might be partakers of His holiness.
(11) Now chastening for the present does not seem to be joyous, but grievous. Nevertheless afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who are exercised by it.

Victor Hafichuk

Shannon Powell wrote:Thank you for the response, it makes sense. I guess I still just don't understand the warning in Hebrews 6:4-6. Impossible means impossible, if I am to trust the Bible is the word of God, then because I committed apostasy it must be impossible to renew me to repentance. I'm a lost cause.

And of the next life you speak of, this is the purification in the fires of hell correct? Then perhaps those whom it is impossible to renew to repentance, they skip hell and go straight to the lake of fire with the demons correct? What are the scripture references which support this purification process to bring bring those who did not repent on earth to repent in the next life?
Shannon, read the materials afforded you; read them carefully, prayerfully, attentively, more than once. Answers to your questions are there.

I have a question for you: Will Adam and Eve be saved? Were they saved? Can you point to any indication in the Scriptures where they confessed their sin and repented?

Shannon Powell

Post by Shannon Powell »

I don't know about them. Perhaps when Jesus went into the heart of the earth for 3 days, he offered salvation to all whom died before he died for them. Maybe they repented and were saved then?

Victor Hafichuk

Shannon, read at our site everything you can. The doctrinal answers are there; please do spare us the trouble of reinventing the wheel. Understand the urgency and necessity are not in the doctrine of the kind you ask about.

Victor Hafichuk

Shannon, to pre-empt a possible objection that you only replied to my questions, know that I asked them for a different purpose than you surmise. I'd like you to examine yourself before the Lord and consider your spiritual state and seek to understand His will.

Return to “The Good News”