A Bishop of Baal
|Name:||T. D. Jakes|
|Organization:||The Potter's House of Dallas|
|Address:||6777 W Kiest Blvd.|
|City, State, Zip||Dallas, Texas 75236|
Jakes’ doctrine is the usual run-of-the-mill fare of orthodox nominal Christianity one finds everywhere, which vexes the Spirit of God and blasphemes the Glorious Name of the One these people presume and pretend to represent. It is a horrid spectacle daily repeated everywhere in the Name of the Lord.
These ministers are snared by the harlot church, indoctrinated, and usually ordained to go out and continue their deceptive work in the Lord’s Name, presuming to be sent by Him when it is only men sending them.
Consider just some of these teachings in doctrine and practice with T. D. Jakes:
False Doctrines Taught
1) You Can "Accept" Jesus Christ as Your Personal SaviorFrom http://thepottershouse.org/explore/belief-statement/:
“Water baptism by immersion soon after accepting Christ as personal Savior, is a testimony of death to sin and resurrection to a new life.”Response:
“You haven’t chosen Me; I have chosen you,” said Jesus Christ. There is a night-and-day difference between man’s proselyte and God’s convert.
“Concerning the works of men, by the word of Thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer” (Psalms 17:4 KJV).
2) Never-ending TormentFrom http://thepottershouse.org/explore/belief-statement/:
“There will be a bodily resurrection of all the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, and of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.”Response:
How clones mix truth and error to steal, kill, and destroy.
3) Salvation Is Possible Only in This LifeFrom http://thepottershouse.org/explore/belief-statement/:
The Holy Spirit
The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and during this age, to convict men of sin, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service. Man – Man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
The shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ by faith are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God. The Return of Jesus Christ – The personal, pre-millennial, and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ is our hope and has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
There will be a bodily resurrection of all the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, and of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.”
There is Truth to be gleaned here, but know that Truth and error form a deadly potion, which, if one drinks of it, brings confusion, bondage, sorrow, and even death.
4) Christmas Is a Biblical Christian CelebrationFrom http://thepottershouse.org/tph-christmas-2017/:
“Any moment that family and friends gather to celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, is the most wonderful time of the year! “Response:
Isn’t it interesting how the world, which is at enmity with God, also loves Christmas? How so if the event is “the most wonderful time of the year”?
Marks of a Cult
1) Money SolicitationFrom https://donate.paymentpage.com/tdjakes/tphdallas.html:
Quoted at the top of their page is 2 Corinthians 9:7.Response:
Where in the Scriptures do you find any man of God soliciting? It doesn’t happen. One man who did so spent the rest of his life as a leper:
2 Kings 5:20-27 MKJV
(20) And Gehazi, the servant of Elisha the man of God, said, Behold, my master has spared Naaman the Syrian, in not receiving at his hand that which he brought. But, as Jehovah lives, I will run after him and take something from him.
(21) And Gehazi followed after Naaman. And Naaman saw him running after him, and descended down from the chariot to meet him. And he said, Is all well?
(22) And he said, All is well. My master has sent me, saying, Behold, this now, two young men from Mount Ephraim of the sons of the prophets have come to me. Please give them a talent of silver and two changes of clothing.
(23) And Naaman said, Be content, take two talents. And he urged him and bound two talents of silver in two bags, with two changes of clothing. And he laid them on two of his servants. And they carried them before him.
(24) And he came to the hill, and he took from their hand and stowed them in the house. And he let the men go, and they departed.
(25) And he went in and stood before his master. And Elisha said to him, Where from, Gehazi? And he said, Your servant did not go here or there.
(26) And he said to him, Did not my heart go with you when the man turned again from his chariot to meet you? Is it a time to receive silver and to receive clothing and olive-yards and vineyards and sheep and oxen and menservants and maidservants?
(27) And the leprosy of Naaman shall cling to you and to your seed forever. And he went out from his presence as leprous as snow.
2) Doctrine of Eternal TormentFrom http://thepottershouse.org/explore/belief-statement/:
“…and of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.”Response:
This is one of the worst lies anyone can possibly concoct to assassinate Jesus Christ’s character.
3) Keeping Pagan FestivalsFrom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LieDYzuDRE:
Title: “TD Jakes 2018 – EASTER Drama in TD Jakes Church LOVE STORY”Response:
The Lord sternly warned Israel to not so much as mention the names of other gods:
“And be watchful in all that I have said to you. And make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of your mouth. You shall keep a feast to Me three times in the year” (Exodus 23:13-14 MKJV).
But what does TD Jakes do, along with most other “ministers of the Gospel?” He names the Most Holy Event in the History of Mankind after the pagan goddess of love, fertility, and prosperity – Ashtoreth, no less, the woman who lured humanity into a sex cult and worship, saying to all, “Here’s your god, people. Follow me and enjoy!”
People, see how Jakes’ follower are destroyed!
“In response to the demand for his popular Sunday school lesson, Bishop Jakes wrote his first book Woman,Thou Art Loosed! (Albury Publishing, 1993). To date, this bestseller has sold more than 1.5 million copies. Since then, Jakes has authored 11 bestselling books including his most successful Maximizing the Moment (Penguin Putnam, 2000), which reached number three on the New York Times Business Best Sellers list. In all, the best-selling author has written 27 books. His latest, God’s Leading Lady (Penguin Putnam, 2002), reached number five on the New York Times hardcover advice list.”
What man of God measures and promotes himself by number of books sold, or by rankings in worldly lists such as the New York Times? None. Can you imagine the believers in the Bible speaking of the Lord or the apostles like this?
His website, www.tdjakes.org, is titled “…A gateway to Bishop T. D. Jakes, his Ministries and The Potter’s House Church”. Can it get any clearer what this man is all about?
“There were giants in the earth in those days. And also after that, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore to them, they were mighty men who existed of old, men of renown” (Genesis 6:4 MKJV).
Just as in Noah’s day, T.D. Jakes is a giant in this final age of men’s kingdoms. Like the “mighty men who existed of old, men of renown” Jakes takes the truth revealed by sons of God and mixes it with the things of this world – vain imaginations, lusts of the flesh, lust of the eyes, and the pride of this life.
From his self-titled website:
“Bishop T.D. Jakes, one of the world’s most revered masterminds, leverages his pioneering vision and instinct to serve others in areas extending beyond the church. In order to help lead people to their destiny, you have to meet people where they are in life.”
There it is, hiding in plain sight, one of the “world’s most revered masterminds.”
The Lord says of those that are His: “They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world” (John 17:16 MKJV).
By his own admission, unwittingly of course, he is of this world, and so it’s no surprise that the world receives him. T.D. Jakes is all about T.D. Jakes, not Jesus Christ.
He speaks of “lead[ing] people into their destiny.” That’s just what itching ears like to hear. But what did the Lord say to those who would follow Him?
“And He said to all, If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me” (Luke 9:23 MKJV).
Do you see and hear the contrast, reader? If you do, it’s only by the grace of God.